Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Hunt: Grand Death Dragon (Clever-fox & Brisinger987)

Started by Zer0ic, October 12, 2013, 02:53:24 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zer0ic

[Continuation of: The Great Dragon Debate]

The next morning they were in the Thunderblacks trying to locate the Grand Death Dragon. Unfortunately, Nero was ticked off, because he wanted to ride alone with Pendragon and their respective mounts to slay the mighty beast. Plus, the extra company made him so embarrassed to the point he decided he wasn't going to ask for the Duke's autograph.

The platoon was composed of Nero riding his dragon Spike, the Duke riding him provided mount Methusela, and a pair of allies, Veraxitoc and Amator, the Adelan Army calls upon in times of slaying corrupt dragons.

Nero wished that they could have gone hunting on their own, but his superiors gave him direct orders to bring the babysitters along, "Just in case." Damn them asshole embarrassing him in front of a legendary man. They probably did it intentionally just to get under Nero's skin.

"Hey, the beast we are after is apparently 10,000 years old and is around 55 feet tall," Nero shouted at Pendragon as if he wouldn't notice a dragon of that size, but really he said this just to start conversation. Waiting for him to reply Nero could see he wasn't very comfortable riding Methusela and Methusela wasn't very fond of his adjustments.

Brisinger987

Methusela shuffled uneasily for a few minutes, the man on his back being a more than irritating situation. The only reason he was here was because he was dragging the duke around. He didn't even get to do any fighting. The Duke was just sat, watching. There was no need for them to be there, so he was just going to be careless and clumsy for the whole trip.

After another few minutes of more aggressive movement, Methusela huffed and gave up, opening a channel to Veraxitoc.

"This human is the most uncomfortable bleeding thing in the world. I will NEVER bond to a human as a dragon mount. Never." The young dragon shook a little, hoping it was indication to the duke to get comfortable or get eaten.

"Methusela, I understand that you dislike the feeling, and I don't like seeing you doing it. But you are the only dragon in the Colony small enough to ride, so, please do this for me, as a favour." Veraxitoc responded to Methusela, before considering whether to speak or not.

"Why have you called upon me and Amator? Surely Pendragon can handle themselves?" Veraxitoc felt the query was valid. He was clueless to the purpose of being there. It's not as if Pendragon weren't trained enough.

"And why does the Duke need to bee here?" Veraxitoc added, using the separation to emphasise Methusela's clear discomfort.