Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

The Skylight Meeting

Started by Anonymous, August 28, 2005, 10:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

What a day.
The proxy of Alexiannastraziel known as Virtue crossed her arms as she waited patiently outside the front doors of the magnificent and high-class (and expensive) five-story Skylight Inn. The Inn was beautifully lit, especially at nighttime as it were now, as the name might imply.
If only the situation at present were as bright.

--Virtue had jet black hair level with her chin, had youthful and pretty features that was the signature of Divinity, and wore sunglasses as black and shiny as her hair that hid her eyes. The woman wore a black, open suitcoat with silvery buttons, a dress shirt that was very brightly cyan in hue, slacks to match her suitcoat, and a pair of polished dress shoes.--

A small bit of good news, though. Virtue had heard from her Creator that Norriden, who she was waiting for at present, successfully kept Kynrei out of Mother's grasp. Not that Virtue doubted his capability to do so, it was just that a High Seraphim was a force not to be taken lightly.
Obviously, Alexian had made a very wise choice in seeking Norriden's aid against Mother.
On another, smaller and less grand, note, Virtue could not help but notice the occasional odd look and wayward glance in her direction by the aristocratic, noble, or otherwise rich patrons that were spending the night in the hotel. The denizens of this Realm were very strange to her, the ones from Hell, such as the eccentric brothers Haze and Atel whom she had met earlier in the day, even more so. Then again, many things were strange and alien to an artificial being like a proxy.
Nevertheless, Virtue upheld her steadfast vigil and continued to wait for Norriden's arrival.

Anonymous

Patience is a Virtue afterall, as the proxy doesn't seem to be going any ounce of impatience at all. If she were, it wouldn't be long, as Norriden was already in the Kingdom of Adela. Still in his more demonic and more powerful form, he flies his way to the very hotel that Virtue waits at. Soon enough, he finally touches ground in front of the place with the unconscious Kynrei in his arms. He looks to Kynrei in his arms, then turns to face Virtue with little emotion to be seen.
"She needs rest, it seems. Take me to a room, so that we may obtain just that." Norriden notes before passing Virtue by to enter the hotel.

Anonymous

Virtue uncrossed her arms and nodded in affirmation to Norriden's diagnosis of Kynrei, informing him, "A matter of course, Sir Utor. I have already made such preparations and reserved for us a large room." She opened one of front doors and held it open, elaborating further, "Come, to the second floor."

The lobby area of the Skylight hotel was extravagantly furnished and decorated in that wanton "spare-no-expense" fashion. The ceiling of the lobby was actually two stories in height, essentially making the second floor of the building on the third story.
Virtue swept across the length of the lobby, not letting the numerous odd/terrified/curious/scornful glances from the more than just perfectly normal noble humans and their servants, headed for the wide staircase leading upwards past the large water fountain.
And, once there and while ascending the staircase up to the second floor, Virtue asked Norriden, "Granted that there will be much more for us to learn from Kynrei was she wakes, has she told you anything about Nazune or Mother already?"
She added once she reached the second floor and started down the chandlier-lit hallway, "Any information she might devulge could be of aid to us, as we know little where we stand now."

Anonymous

Norriden was recieving stares and looks more than anything at the moment. Mostly due to his appearance. Being the half demon that he is and while in his current form, it shows more than usual. He followed Virtue with no delay and continued his pace, even after she asked her question. Norriden couldn't help but look upon Kynrei's unconscious form at that.
"Yeah, she has. We're running low on time. Nazune needs us." Norriden explains rather calmly. The two of them were noticed as they reached the second floor, but not from the usual nobles. Someone different from humans even, but not quite.
"Excuse me." A femme voice comes from behind Norriden as he continues to follow Virtue. He soon stopped his pace to turn around to see the woman that spoke. The woman stands almost at his normal height before he went demonesque. She wears normal black pants and red long sleeve shirt. It is obvious that she has a black glove covering her right hand alone and black hair that runs down to her waist. The only thing that separates her from other humans is her orange eyes.
"Might I ask what you two are doing with that woman?" the woman asks, pointing at Kynrei in Norriden's arms. Norriden simply gazes at the woman for a moment before turning away to continue following Virtue.
"This does not concern you." Norriden notes while walking away.

Anonymous

The forecast for the future is going to be bleak and overcast, with little or no sunshine.
Beautiful.
"Time is always the worst foe to face," quipped Virtue. "We must heighten our expediency in our endeavors if we hope to-"
Que an unique woman entering the scene, catching their attention and asking a rather odd question.
Virtue only offered the woman an apprehensive, sideways glance as Norriden handled the matter succinctly.
Strange indeed.
Carrying on with the task at hand, Virtue finally arrived at their reserved suite, 237. She reached into her pocket and produced the keys to the door, unlocking it and swinging the door open, causing the sophisticated and magical chandliers to light up instantly.
Fit for a king, the room was appropriately high-class and regal in look and feel. Everything in the room looked like it cost a small fortune, from the huge beds to the finewood dressers to the enormous mirror.
"Just lay her down on one of the beds for now," said Virtue. "I will post a guard to watch over her while we are at the meeting."

Anonymous

Before Norriden could enter the room, the woman from before approaches them again.
"I apologize for the intrusion earlier. I'm just too unaware of my current surroundings. You see, I'm suffering from memory loss and I'm trying to find something to do to regain what is lost. You seem like a couple of people that has been through a lot. Perhaps the adrenaline will help to boost my mind's efforts. If it's any consolation, I'm not entirely useless." The woman explains sincerly. Norriden couldn't help but glance at the woman momentarily. Without any words, he proceeds inside of the room to lay Kynrei on a bed. He turns back around to see the woman standing at the doorway. Persistant.
"I don't really know my real name, but I do go by Rosa Buki. It was a name given to me by the people that found me after my loss." She explains further. Norriden sighs a bit as he sits down on the bed. He then turns his gaze upon Virtue.

Anonymous

Virtue glanced over at the woman; people from this Realm were indeed very strange in her eyes.
And after Norriden put Kynrei down on the bed, Virtue found herself essentially in the spotlight. She still had no clear idea as to what exactly the woman wanted, but preliminaries first...
Virtue took off her sunglasses, revealing dark green eyes not unlike her Creator's own, and brought herself face-to-face with the woman, looking scrutinizingly into her eyes as if attempting to discern some kind of hidden quality in them. Virtue's eyes flashed subtlely a couple times as she peered into Rosa's own.
Then, after a moment, Virtue stepped back and slipped her sunglasses back on, saying, "Excuse me, Lady Buki, but a necessary precaution that I was bound to take." She made a hand gesture signaling for elaboration as she spoke next, "Now, Lady Buki, I am afraid I do not follow what exactly it is that you want. Are you in need of some manner of help?"
The proxy wasn't the greatest in the relations department, as was evident.

Anonymous

"She can come." Norriden speaks up as he stands off the bed. It seems he just wanted to make sure if the woman was a spy or not. Little reaction from Virtue, means that she's okay.
"At the rate things are going, we could use all the help we come across. I know we have yet to see what she can do, but even the powerless is more than enough." Norriden explains. It is true that taking on a High Seraphim is quite the task. Norriden is willing to put his life on the line to save Nazune. It currently doesn't matter to Norriden what Rosa can do, but in time, they will find out. The stranger couldn't help but smile at the Demonic angel's choice.
"What's the next move, Virtue? Anything I should know about while we wait for Kynrei?" Norriden pushes the matter. At this point in time, Norriden's not one to wait long for anything.

Anonymous

That happened fast.
How ironic; Virtue had thought that Rosa was the one who needed help, when it was she who, apparently, was offering it to them. A rare turn of events, a tiding of good fortune, and a valuable opportunity all rolled into one - though time would be the final judge of that optimistic statement.
And upon Norriden's question towards her, Virtue clapped her hands together and replied, "Actually, Sir Utor, we still must meet with the others pledged to our cause. At present, they wait for us in the Skylight Diner on the top floor. We can take the elevator up to the Diner."
Virtue began to invoke her special and intricate Miracle, a blue column of light forming in front of her inside the room. After a few seconds, exactly like before, an identical copy of Virtue was standing were the light had been.
"Guard this room. Alert me if anything should happen," she instructed her clone, who simply nodded and withdrew her own silenced pistol and began to take vigilant watch of her entire surroundings.
After that task was complete, Virtue glanced at Rosa, "Lady Buki," then back at Norriden, "Sir Utor," and before she turned on her heel and started down the hall, said to them both, "Come with me."

She led them down the main hall of the second floor, which eventually brought them to the building's elevator service. The elevator, while similar in concept and function to a modern elevator, was simply a large platform in an appropriately sized shaft operated by a moderately skilled air magic specialized mage.
They only had to wait a moment before the elevator came up from the first floor and stopped at the second floor, letting off a small crowd of noble humans and their entourages.
After the previous passengers exited the elevator, Virtue stepped on and stood near the back.
"Perhaps a formidible force can be assembled here this night, even against a High Seraphim," Virtue effectively initiated the small talk. "The others seem to be dedicated trio, if not a somewhat eccentric one."

Anonymous

Norriden and Rosa followed Virtue with no qualms. Rosa, being a bit confused by everything, simply pushed the confusion aside to focus on what is potentially happening. Once on the elevator, Rosa remained calm and quiet while something seemed to bother Norriden. He didn't take in much what Virtue was speaking of because of the feeling he's taking in. He could feel the presence of something he wasn't very fond of and it was getting closer. He dreads the fact that the past is coming back to team up with him again. Only he knows who this presence is and a matter of time before they rear their face.
*Ding!*
It is time...

Anonymous

And then the elevator reached the top floor - the Skylight Diner.
The Diner floor was almost as big length and width-wise as the building itself, save for the necessary kitchen and staff area. Every single table of the many in the Diner could sit ten at the minimum, some of the larger ones looking as though they could possibly fit fourty people. The walls were more like one huge window, as a beautiful view of Adela Village down below could be had from anywhere on the floor of the Diner.
"This way," guided Virtue as she stepped off of the elevator-
"Thank you, Virtue," said Alexiannastraziel, dressed in all-white, billowy attire, as she walked up to the three. "You have done excellent work thus far. I would like the honor of introducing Norriden to the others."
Virtue held her right hand to her heart and bowed slightly, replying, "As you wish."
Alexian turned her attention then to Norriden and Rosa and smiled. "I thought it obligatory to attend this meeting myself...as best I could." She stretched out one of her arms and looked at it, explaining, "This is only an Avatar of myself, but it is the next best option to being present in flesh for High Seraphim."
She looked back up at them, greeting the new person at that moment, "A pleasure to meet you, Rosa Buki, and welcome. In good fortune, we may all gain from this alliance."
And with that done, Alexian turned gracefully and prompted, "Follow me, if you will."

After weaving through the numerous other tables and people in the Diner (and through certain individuals in the party receiving the same odd looks of all flavors for their appearance), Alexian, with Virtue close in tow, finally neared their table, which was close to the window-wall on the east side of the restaurant.
Sitting at that table were some...familiar faces.

--Neseraph wore a sleek, black longcoat, dark pants, and a gray tunic tucked into the pants. He had shoulder-length, thick white hair and his eyes were an uncomfortable shade of blue...the kind of blue that hid something.
--Insera wore a white dress shirt, light khaki trousers with the matching suitcoat, a dark red tie, and black leather dress shoes. Her hair was also shoulder-length and was sandy in hue, her eyes a metallic bronze.--
--Tangent was almost like a new Outcast. Now cleaner than ever before, but still with long, dark hair and yellow eyes and the myriad scars throughout his body. Instead of his usual extremely worn and ragged scraps, the Outcast now sported a big, brown trenchcoat.--

"Norriden, Rosa," started Alexian, beaming as if this were a great occasion, "I would like you to meet Neseraph, Insera, and Tangent."
The faces of Neseraph and Insera, less so Tangent, were absolutely priceless.
And a small moment of silence...
"Well...Alexian did have good taste in allies," commented Neseraph nonchalantly after the initial shock subsided.
Tangent was the quiet one, though he still kept his gaze on the newcomers.
Insera, eyeing Norriden like a serial killer and with her hand already inside her suitcoat, growled angrily, "This-is-preposterous!"

Anonymous

Norriden glared at the three as they arrived at the table. He's not too fond with them either, but anything will do at this time of the dilema. All Rosa could do was hold her hand over her mouth and hope that a fight doesn't ensue.
"I have no time to play games with you guys. If you don't want to help, then that's fine with me. All I know is that we share a common enemy. One that is resposible for the entire mess we revolve around. Elial was simply a pawn and Bishop's departure from this lifetime was only a sick piece of a puzzle to fulfill a psycho's wishes. Nazune is still out there and I refuse to let any of you hold me down from getting to her. Do I make myself clear?" Norriden barks out what he can while he slams his hands on the table. That action brought the attention of almost the entire diner. Even the unwanted attention that he didn't want. The dark and loomy figure in the distance within the same room could only smile before they begin their approach. Rosa is a a complete loss for words. She is currently more confused now than she was before.

Anonymous

Alexian's cordial smile slowly faded away as the situation unfolded and broke down for the most part; not exactly the union she had been hoping for between the two parties.
"What..." the High Seraphim was temporarily at a loss of words. "Is there something that I should know? What is the problem?"
Right after the question and Norriden's first show of force, Insera stood up from her seat and withdrew an Ingram submachine gun, pointing it straight at Norriden, "The revolting freak to your right, that is the problem."
The chain reaction was quick as lightning; Virtue whipped out her pistol and aimed it at Insera, and Neseraph and Tangent both turned small arms on Virtue.
"Please..." Alexian said beseechingly, almost begging them to stand down with that one word. "All of you, calm down...we can ill afford to turn swords on one another when a greater enemy looms above us all."
Insera, glancing at everyone involved in the situation, finally turned her steely gaze back on Norriden and spoke with no attempt to mask the loathing in her tone, "I will make you a deal, Angel. Sure, we can support a similar cause in tandem; that I can endure. But, in the end, you stay out of our way, and we will stay out of your way. Fair enough for you? Hmm?"
Lighting the cigarette in his mouth with his free hand with his gun still trained on Virtue, Neseraph said jokingly to the High Seraphim, "What'd I tell you, Alex?"

Anonymous

As the guns were pulled, Norriden grew more irratated. Rosa finally took action and held out her right hand, palm facing both Tangent and Neseraph. With in her palm, form a small sphere of highly condensed energy which slowly expands by the second. As the inhabitants within the diner dive under their tables to take cover away from the guns, one of them approaches the aggresive table, clapping their hands together.
"I can feel the love at table three. The aura of it is eminating like none other." The sarcastic voice begins to add onto the clapping. Norriden, knowing exactly who it is, reaches to his side and pulls out a gun to aim at the newcomer.
"Why must you persistantly follow me?!" Norriden bellows, not taking his eyes off Insera.
"It's in my nature, dear brother. Besides, because of recent events in Province, the SSHE is in utter chaos and beffudlement. This gives me the opportunity to walk freely for a while." Speaks the red haired angel with a black tattered cape. He then places his hands on the handles of his two scimitars, one by each hip.

Anonymous

Alexian wasn't in the mood for Neseraph's humor. Being limited to mostly words that were largely a futile effort was making her rather stressed about the meeting gone bad at the moment.
"Lay down your arms, I beg of you all," Alexian spoke direly to everyone with a weapon in their hand. "How may we come together when we are breaking apart? Mother would smile if she witnessed what is happening here."
Virtue was quite visibly torn; she wanted to obey her Creator's plea for peace, but she couldn't risk letting down her guard in the heated moment.
And, in response to Rosa apparently becoming hostile as well, Tangent shifted aim from Virtue to cover her-
Then, any effect that Alexian's words might have had were probably lost when a new element in the mix stumbled upon the scene - a vaguely familiar face, in fact.
Alexian, in a bona fide desperation attempt to halt the downward spiral of the meeting, turned around to face the newcomer and spoke plaintively to him, "Please, we ask for no trouble-"
Neseraph, taking a big huff of his cigarette and slowly blowing the smoke out of his nose, glanced over his shoulder at the newcomer after listening to the exchange between him and Norriden. "Well I'll be damned again..."
"Old acquaintances can wait, Angel," snapped Insera. "I share a similar fervor for finding a way back to my time of origin as you do for finding Nazune. I would like an answer before I must make the decision for you."

Anonymous

"Get your fucking gun out of my face and you won't have to deal with me the entire fucking time!" Norriden yells at Insera to answer her. Before they knew it, Insera's gun flies out of her grasp. As well Neseraph's, Tangent's, Norriden's nad even Virtue's guns. Each one centers together in one group in front of Rosa's palm.
"That's enough!" Rosa yells out at everyone, as she seems to be the reason for everyone being disarmed.
"It seems like all of you were grouped together like this for a reason, so why don't we all stop acting like kids and lay our cards down. According to Norriden, you all have a common enemy aside from each other. Why don't we focus on them rather than going at each other's throats?" It seems the neutral side has the slip on everyone. Perhaps bringing Rosa along is a good idea afterall. Tesri simply remained quiet and kept his smile up throughout the situation. Norriden looked down, realizing how much of an ass he has made himself.

Anonymous

Insera scowled and her muscles tensed up upon hearing Norriden's estatic answer-
But before anything tragic could happen, everyone suddenly found themselves supernaturally disarmed by Rosa and lectured by the very same.
"Yes, mom," Neseraph, quick as a whip, replied to Rosa with a grin that defined mirth.
Alexian, now able to take a sigh of relief, said thankfully, "I am very grateful, Rosa Buki. Please, everyone have a seat, and let us discuss the matters at hand."
Insera, extremely grudgingly, took her seat and fixed her suit and tie upon sitting down.
Virtue took the nearest seat, placing her next to Tangent, who gave her a strange sideways glance.
Finally, Alexian gracefully sat down and initiated the conversation as soon as the most prevalent of issues came to her mind, "Should I be so bold as to assume that all of you have met Norriden Utor before now?"
"Should you?" Neseraph chuckled so hard he coughed once. "I don't know about Tangent, but me and Insera have had a sparkling history with our old friend Norriden."
"Quite..." agreed Insera, taking a nasty glance at Norriden.
"I...see," said Alexian, getting a general idea. "For our future's sake, I ask that everyone place their pasts aside and join together in the spirit of unity against our common foe. As I have said, we can ill afford to squabble amongst ourselves while against such an enemy as Mother. Let us forge an alliance here and now for this time being, a bond not to be broken before our victory is realized. I am willing...what say the rest of you?"
A second passed before Neseraph spoke, "I'm game."
"I will do what I must," concurred Tangent after him.
Virtue really didn't need to say anything.
"Insera?" prompted Neseraph, taking the cigarette out of his mouth and flicking it away.
"Babe?"
She glanced at him disapprovingly and growled, "Don't call me that." Then, ever so reluctantly she caved in and conceded, "Agreed."

Anonymous

Norriden took a seat as soon as it was offered. He sat next to Alexian as Rosa sat down next to him. Tesri didn't sit as he was not offered, but he did stand nearby and listen in. Alexian was quick to the meeting and laid out the lines. Norriden remained silent until the others agreed on the truce and alliance.
"I was in it to begin with." Norriden puts in his say.
"I have nowhere else to go, so I guess I will tag along." Rosa speaks up soon after Norriden. And finally--
"Well, this seems like a group of desperation, so I suppose I will help." Tesri jumps in unannounced. Norriden doesn't feel too pleased with that, but he keeps quiet about it nonetheless. Teamwork is what they all should count on at the moment. Soon after the agreement to work with one another, Rosa releases the weapons onto the table. All Norriden could do was grab his gun and put it away.

Anonymous

The fact that Tesri was right with his desperation remark was almost disheartening.
After the guns were released, their respective owners took possession of them once again. Insera, though she took and stowed her's calmly enough, the look in her bronze eyes suggested a disturbing eagerness to have her weapon back.
Alexian nodded as soon as everyone made their pledge to the cause. "Again, I thank each one of you for becoming a part of this alliance." After taking a glance at Tesri, she started with, "Before we truely begin our meeting, I think we should all take but a moment to introduce ourselves to one another - perhaps a new beginning for some of us. We cannot function as a team without knowing something about those who are a part of that team with us. I will do so first."
She took in a breath and continued, "My name is Alexiannastraziel, and I am a High Seraphim of Upper Heaven. I was once the lover of the Archangel Elial, with whom I bore our daughter, Reigne. But...both Elial and and our beloved daughter Reigne are passed on, because of the actions of Mother, a High Seraphim like myself whom I had known well before her agenda involving Elial started. I am normally not a being of vengeance, but I am afraid that I have little choice in the face of Mother's horribly delusional and loathsome acts. This is why I am here...to avenge the man I love and our daughter."
A couple moments after the conclusion of Alexian's introduction of herself, Neseraph picked up the proverbial ball, "Hi, my name is Neseraph and I've been sober for ten days. But seriously now...let's see. Ex-Hellsend. Shitty job. Don't ever apply there. I've been deceived most of my life into thinking that I was a demon when I was actually a sleeper-agent Angel in Hell, which I am still somewhat bitter about to say the least. What else...oh yeah, I'm actually not supposed to be here, but time travel is a bitch. Last up, I've had such a wonderful and loving relationship with Insera here, who still has the most beautiful and enchanting eyes I've ever seen, since the shit hit the fan back in Sanctuary in my time."
Insera gave Neseraph an unamused look for his remark about her eyes, then she composed herself and began speaking like she was giving a formal oration, "My name is Insera. I have a last name, of course, but such a thing is irrelevant now. I came into this time with Neseraph, Nazune, and Bishop Keller to escape the trappings of the present. However, despite our best efforts, our excursion into the future went terribly awry and every reason for our being here is now lost. The primary concern of myself and Neseraph is to find a way back to our home time, where perhaps we can consolidate what little we have left and start anew."
Going around in the circle the introductions seemed to be going, Tangent found himself to be next. "I am Tangent, formerly of the Vindication of Province but now an Outcast of Heaven. I was setup by my superior, General Benal, and turned into a weapon of the late Will of Divinity. I have since exacted my revenge against Benal, but now I must find my sister, Sine. I can sense that she has suffered greatly...all I can think about is finding her, and striking back at the source of her suffering, this...High Seraphim Mother who has infected her mind."

Anonymous

Rosa looked down as everyone began introducing themselves. She didn't really have much to go by. Alas, she still went ahead.
"I... I am Rosa Buki. That's not my real name. That was a name given to me by the people who found me. I don't even remember my real name or anything that has occured in my life. Not before being found by the kind people that nursed me back to health after my unknown accident." Rosa explains her bit. She wasn't too proud of it, but it was something. Norriden's next.
"I am Norriden Utor, son of Archangel Godsend Noubohri Utor and Hellsend Doji Soweh. I am former guard of the Kingdom of Serendipity. My runin with Nazune and Bishop changed all of that. I turned my back on my home Kingdom when it needed help the most. Simply because I was blinded by affection. My time on Earth has been sporatic and hectic. My current demonic state is thanks to the discovery of a greater power by my brother. If I could ever turn back to normal is beyond me. That matters not. My main goal now is to find nazune and free her from the bonds that Mother holds her under." Norriden's explaination was like a tragedy. Though Rosa doesn't know what a Godsend or Hellsend is or who Nazune is, but she still feels for Norriden.
"Few of you know that I am Norriden's full blooded brother, Tesri Soweh. Not even our parents knew of me before I appeared before them. I was extracted from Doji as an embryo by a powerful organization known as the SSHE. I was raised by the organization to be their greatest and most lethal agent. My recent betrayal to actually take part in my family disrupted the SSHE and they turned on me for that. Now I need to take to the shadows to keep my head anywhere I go. Due to the recent destruction of the city-state of Province in Heaven, the SSHE has been engulfed in chaos and stopped hunting me to simply assess the damage. So now I'm free to roam for the time being." Tesri's words came as soon as Norriden finished. Though there was a lot of detail, he left out a lot of important information in that matter. No one knows, so it doesn't matter. Now that the introductions are complete...