Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play
Main Menu

The Skylight Meeting

Started by Anonymous, August 28, 2005, 10:39:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

"Who's that?" Morrigan asked as she walked up, eyeing Norriden. Kaité turned to Morrigan.
"This is Norriden. He's Noubohri's son and the one that has closer ties to Sizzlebeast." Kaité explained.
"Okay, what I want you to do is find out any information reguarding the Hellsend's N2. Mainly, where they could possibly be now. It is important to extract information from them. When you have gathered the information we need, I want you to meet me at Room 237 at the Skylight Inn." Norriden notes to his green haired friend. Kaité simply nodded and turned to Morrigan.
"Agent Morrigan, could you finish cleaning up the situation here?" Kaité asks.
"No prob. I'll let the beast go about his ways when he wakes up, since he's no longer a threat to the public. What about the others though?" Morrigan points out.
"Just take them to the agency. Brevedor can take care of them from there. They're in good hands." Kaité finishes up with Morrigan, who walks away to tend to the fallen woman. Before turning back to Norriden to address him one last time, Kaité walks over to Noubohri to retrieve something from his pockets. Once she gets back to Norriden, she hold out her hand to reveal his lost glove.
"I think you will be needing this." She notes with a smile. Norriden smiles as well as he takes his glove and slips it on. The one horn on his head sinks back into his forehead while his demonic talon becomes a humanesqe foot again. His face returns completely back to normal with his scar still intact while his right arm is no longer covered in rough, black skin. Norriden is back to normal. The change even mended his clothing back to normal as it was before he went demonic.
"Thank you, Kaité" Norriden finishes as the angel before him vanishes in a bright light.

Anonymous

Halfway through with his smoke, Neseraph heard his cell phone beeping in his coat pocket - Insera must have sent him a return message. He grinned and slipped his hand into the pocket, rummaging around until he felt the phone in his hand. Upon extracting the device and looking at the small screen, he snickered when he saw the message that read:
Kill you in your sleep!
She must have been feisty tonight; that was a little more violent than usual.
After laying the half-finished cigarette down on the wet ground, Neseraph began to type in another message to send to Insera; this was quickly becomely one of his favorite pasttimes - bothering Insera by phone with text messages.
When the message was complete, it read:

Sweet dreams.
Neseraph smirked and dropped the phone back into his coat pocket, turning then to see what was going on with Norriden and his mission. And apparently things went pretty well, as Norriden was looking better than ever by the time Kaite disappeared.
He sauntered up next to him and commented, "Lookin' sharp, there. Did you get a haircut or something?" Partaking in the wonderful view of Morrigan's backside while she was tending to one of the unconscious, Neseraph asked with a blatantly interested tone, "And who's this, now?"

Insera tossed herself back onto the bed, the impact of her head hitting the pillow a rather pleasure experience. She allowed her body to relax, her muscles to untense themselves...
Sleep...a luxury she used to partake in and enjoy. Now she slept sporadically and with one eye open, always on alert. A peaceful night's rest was a commodity that was hard to come by now.
She smiled slightly...this bed was comfortable.
Really comfortable...
Really, really comfortable...
Mmmm...comfortable...
*beep bee-bee-beep!* *beep bee-bee-beep!*
Just as she falling asleep, Insera was snapped back into reality by the god-awful, annoying beep alert of her phone.
She growled angrily, provoking Virtue to look in her direction to see what the matter was, and wrenched her phone from her pocket to see an ironic text message from Neseraph's number:

Sweet dreams.
Insera was mad enough to throw the phone across the room.
And she did.
WHACK!
Tangent opened his eyes as something hard and solid slammed into his head and fell onto his lap.
A phone.
He glanced over in the direction it came and asked, "Did you want something, Insera?"
"Yes! Tell Neseraph to choke on his own saliva and die miserably!!" Insera yelled furiously before she buried her face in her pillow and forcibly brought another one down on her head and held it there with both hands.

Anonymous

Norriden smirked a bit when Neseraph walked up. Yeah, change can be good sometimes. Then the fool asked about Kaité's co-worker. Norriden shook his head slowly as he began to walk away.
"I wouldn't even try. Just leave that alone, Neseraph. If you know what's good for you, just leave it alone." Norriden begins just before he yawns.
"I don't know about you, but I'm gonna head back to the hotel and get some rest." He finishes as he spreads his still freakish looking wings. With one flap, Norriden proppels himself into the air and flies back towards the hotel. Morrigan, seeming like a busy woman, stands back up and heads towards Noubohri to check out how he's fairing.

Anonymous

Neseraph glanced over his shoulder to follow the retreating Norriden's moves, a sly smirk on his face the entire time.
"I'll be back later, still got a couple more places to visit..." he replied in reference to Norriden's departing words.
And he waited until Norriden was off the ground and primarily in route to the hotel before he slowly shifted his gaze back over to Morrigan.
Just leave it alone, he says. If you know what's good for you, he says, thought Neseraph.
Sounds like, dare he say it, a feisty one? Right up his alley...those were the kind of women Neseraph liked - life on the dangerous side.
Neseraph cleared his throat in a manly way before he slipped both of his hands into his coat pockets and sauntered nonchalantly in Morrigan's general direction, acting like he was minding his own business.
Only when he was a few feet away did he "notice" Morrigan and stop in his tracks, saying smoothly, "Hey... Nice night, tonight, huh?"

And back in Room 237, Tangent was trying to figure out how that particular device functioned, Insera was going nowhere fast as far as sleep was concerned now, and Virtue was still standing in the same spot as she was for the last twenty minutes.
"Hmm..." Tangent rubbed his chin with his tentacle arm.
Just a simple human device, how hard could it be?
"Hmmmmm..." Tangent rubbed his chin again with the tentacle arm.
It had been such a while since he had worked with anything technical...so he randomly pushed a button, causing the phone to beep.
The Outcast pressed another button, the phone beeping once again.
Insera squirmed.
"No...that's not it," he observed as he pressed a couple more buttons several times to get back to where he started.
Then tried a couple new buttons, causing the phone to beep each time.
Insera tossed in the bed and rolled over onto her other side.
*beep* *beep* *beep* *beep!*
"Ah, there it is..." said Tangent as he found the texting application on the phone.
Insera relaxed a little, trying to get comfortable again...
*beep*
*beep*

Tangent was slowly typing out the message to be sent to Neseraph, one letter at a time and a beep for each one-
"Where is the bathroom!?" Insera questioned harshly as she suddenly sat up in bed.
Virtue glanced in her direction and pointed towards a door across the room, "There are the utilities, Lady Insera. Is there any particular reason for you asking?"
After jumping out of bed and trudging towards that door, she replied, "Thank you. I just need...a drink of water."
Tangent kept on typing away.

Anonymous

Neseraph thinks he's so slick, but not at a time like this. He has no idea what he's getting himself into. She hears him, but continues to tend to the fallen.
"No, not really. It could have been, but it's not. Especially if he were still awake." Morrigan answers, not looking away from Noubohri as she tends to him, but points in Sizzlebeast's general direction.
"If you were here when he was awake, then you would probably think the same thing." She continues.

As soon as Insera enters the bathroom, Norriden enters the room. He looks around without any words for a second before he heads for the bed nearest to the bed Kynrei sleeps on. He folds his wings back as he slides into the bed and lays on his side. Looks like he will be able to get some decent rest.

Anonymous

Neseraph's eyes followed Morrigan's hand and trailed over to Sizzlebeast after she pointed him out. His gaze lingered on the unconscious beast for a couple seconds before it reset on Morrigan.
Despite of her disagreement about the quality of the night, or perhaps because of it, Neseraph went off on a tangent and turned the subject around on a dime, "Did anyone ever tell you that black is your color? I think it compliments you very well." Neseraph grinned and pinched his black longcoat, taking a casual glance at it with his eyes. "And how about that? I like it too, it really goes along with what I...do, or used to do rather, heh heh." He paused for a second, then asked suggestively, "Do you actually like what you do?"

Virtue looked towards the front door of the room when it opened, seeing Norriden come in.
"Good evening, Sir Utor," she greeted, almost in the same way an automatic teller machine would thank a customer for utilizing it.
She watched as he crossed the room and summarily collapsed on next bed to Kynrei's own.
"...Good night, Sir Utor," said Virtue, as if it took her a moment to think of what to say.

Impressive.
Or at least Insera would have been impressed by the fact that the building had its own special plumbing system if she were not halfway sleepwalking. Securing a glass and holding it under the cold water faucet, she filled it until was nearly running over. She threw her head back and downed the entire glass without taking a breath, bringing the glass back down to the counter rather harshly.
After a moment of simply breathing and leaning on the counter, Insera glanced up and looked into the mirror in front of her.
This is you; mirrors never lie.
She stared at herself for a while, reflecting deeply on what she saw...until she realized that she had no sleeping attire of any kind.
She made a silent, annoyed laugh and cursed softly, "Damn it." Maybe there was something around here...

After a moment, Insera came out of the bathroom in a plain nightgown and with her regular clothes neatly folded in her hands.
As she was walking back over to her chosen bed, Tangent spoke to her, "I have sent Neseraph your message."
"Good boy," replied Insera as she laid her clothes down on the end table next to the bed, near her weapons. "Now, if you so much as make the slightest sound again tonight, I am going to put a bullet through your mouth. Do you understand where I am coming from?"
Tangent, on the learning curve, nodded his head in response and set the phone down gently.
"Excellent," said Insera as she got into her bed.
And Virtue could only wonder why Insera was such a violent individual.

Anonymous

"Black isn't a color." Morrigan was quite to answer Neseraph's first statement. He jumps aroung in speech, but that's getting him nowhere fast.
"I rather enjoy what I do, but what business it is, is none to you." The woman answers in riddled form. She stands up from where she was tending to Noubohri and holds her hand out over him. A small serge of visible static shoots out from he fingertips and lifts Noubohri off the ground. She slowly moves Noubohri from where he laid and gently places his form right next to the fallen woman. Intresting way of moving things.

Anonymous

"That so?" Neseraph asked as if to confirm what he heard. He grinned, then complimented in an odd way, "Keep up the good work, you're doing a fantastic job."
*beep bee-bee-beep!* *beep bee-bee-beep!*
His face lit up with a bit of surprise as his phone alerted him that he had received a new message. Reaching into his pocket to retrieve his beeping phone, Neseraph smiled at Morrigan and said, "Excuse me, but I gotta take this."
He secured the phone and turned away slightly before he looked at the screen to see an unorthodox and rather long message from Insera's number:

Insera says choke and die miserably.
Neseraph chuckled a little and dropped the phone back into his pocket. He turned back to face Morrigan, saying, "The best pleasures are the ones quick and fleeting..." He glanced upwards slightly and sprouted his wings from his back, finishing with, "I've got a few more places to go tonight, but maybe if you're still in the neighborhood later we can go and talk...business, somewhere."
Leaving that, Neseraph leaped up into the air and started to glide easily towards his next destination on his memoir checklist.

Back in the room, Virtue was starting to notice the lack of three of the people in the alliance and the growing time difference between now and the end of the meeting.
Sir Neseraph seemed to be taking quite a long time doing...what it was that he went to do on the rooftop of the building.
Sir Utor's brother didn't come to the room or even hint at where he was going, the same holding true for Lady Buki. Virtue had thought that they were right behind Lady Insera and Sir Tangent on their way back to the room...perhaps she was mistaken.
So long as everyone was alright for the night, everything would work out well one way or another she assumed.
And the morning would come soon enough...

Anonymous

Morrigan shook her head with a smile on her face when Neseraph took his leave. Nothing ever changes, no matter who it is she talks to.
"Men..." She notes to herself before holding her hand out over the two fallen. Her and the two suddenly vanish, along with the old man. Where they went, only Morrigan knows.

Anonymous

The hours of the night were beginning to drag on, Insera and even Tangent fast asleep.
Luckily, Virtue didn't know boredom or she would have been pulling her hair out at this point. She simply continued to stand guard over Kynrei's bed as the other proxy rested and recovered from her close encounter with Mother.
Then, the door creaked open-
!!!!
Virtue's eyes darted in the door's direction, and she was halfway to brandishing her weapon until she realized that it was Neseraph who stepped through the portal.
She relaxed and greeted him quietly, "Good evening, Sir Neseraph. It is very late, and you should get what rest you can before dawn."
Neseraph nodded his head and replied equally low in volume, "Yeah, I know." He put a finger to his lips in the darkness of the room and added, "Shhh...I wanna try something."
Though slightly perplexed, Virtue granted his request for silence.
Neseraph slowly and careful shut the door of the room, trying to make as little noise as possible. Then he began to creep through the dark room...towards Insera's bed.
When he got there, he ever so gently laid down on the bed and nudged his way close to Insera, trying his best not to wake her. And so far, his efforts were paying off; the hard part was to keep himself from snickering from the thoughts of how bad he was going to get beaten once she found out in the morning.
Once comfortable and comfortably close to Insera to the point of nearing spooning, Neseraph closed his eyes and sought sleep.
...And Virtue thought nothing more of the matter and went back to her duties. Strange...very strange thing, life.

Anonymous

"NESERAPH!? WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING IN MY BED!?!?"
On par with the loudest alarm clock in the known universe, Insera boomed loud and angry when she woke up that morning and felt that there was someone else in the bed behind her...and that that someone was Neseraph.
!!!!
"Ah!" Neseraph called out in surprise as he was startled from his sleep and unceremoniously dumped off of the bed at the same time.
Tangent awoke and instantly rose to his feet, looking ready to defend himself to the death...until it was merely a false alarm.
Virtue glanced in the direction of the loud and thunderous roar and said as a matter of course, "Good morning, Lady Insera." Then Neseraph met the floor...hard. "...Good morning, Sir Neseraph."
Despite himself, Tangent couldn't help but smirk a little as he then watched Neseraph get pounded further into the ground by Insera's foot.
"You will not ever sneak into my bed like that during the night again!! Do you understand me, Neseraph!? Never, not a once, bloody again!!" Insera yelled at him between vicious stomps.
"Ow! Ah! Shit! God damn! Ok! OK! I'm sorry, my bad!" Neseraph practically begged for his life until Insera let up a little. Not contributing to his continuing good health, he added foolishly, "You know...it was dark when I came in and I couldn't see-"
Insera stomped one more time on his head, grinding his face into the carpet and twisting her foot around to wrench his face in further. "Save your rubbish, Neseraph, I will not hear it! Your actions were obviously intentional, I know you too well to think otherwise!"
She rolled across the bed and grabbed her regular clothes on the end table, hopping off of the bed and exasperatedly making her way to the bathroom, slamming the door as she went in.
"Sir Neseraph...?" Virtue hazardly, peering over Kynrei's bed at his fallen and severely mashed form.
He held up his hand and waved, a muffled "Yo," could be heard as his face was still deep in carpet.
Thinking of the proper way to word her question, Virtue hesitated for a moment, "Do you...actually like provoking Lady Insera to such violence?"
Neseraph made a thumbs up sign, then let his arm go limp and fall back down.
Virtue immediately ceased thought processes on that matter...way, way too strange.
And, somehow, Tangent, while looking towards one of the windows from which the morning sunlight filled the room, came to the conclusion, "Perhaps it will be a good day..."

Anonymous

Norriden shot up out of bed when Insera yelled out, shoved Neseraph out of her bed, and began pumbling him into the carpet. Well, at least he had enough sleep. While still in his bed, Norriden rotated around and sat up at the edge of his bed, just before the front door to the room bursts open. Norriden's attention was instantly drawn to the door. He soon relaxed a bit when he realized it was only Rosa, running in with a panicked look on her face.
"What happened?!" She asks with no delay. Norriden smirked a little.
"It's nothing, Rosa. Don't worry about it." Norriden answers the woman. She then decides to drop her guard and relax a bit.

Anonymous

Virtue nearly whipped out her pistol again...until she saw that it was Rosa and, like the very same upon hearing that the yelling was a false alarm from Norriden, relaxed her guard.
Tangent, too, glanced in the direction of the door when it was forcibly opened. Then, for reasons as mystical as his forecast for the day, greeted her, "Good morning, Rosa."
"Sir Utor?" started Virtue as she shifted her attention to the obvious. "Do you have any idea where your brother may be? He did not come to the room last night."
Neseraph, slowly recovering from his feral beating, managed to bring himself up to one knee and throw the weight of his upper body over the edge of the bed. He groaned and rubbed his head, commenting sarcastically to himself more than anyone else, "So this is what it feels like to be in love...ow, god damn."

Anonymous

Virtue questioned Norriden of his brother and he simply smiled at that.
"My brother goes where he wants and this room wasn't one of the places he would chose to go, it seems." Norriden points out the obvious just before the sliding glass door, leading to the balcony opens up. Tesri walks in, soon after.
"Man, that woman needs to tone her volume down. That was enough to wake the dead." Tesri states as he walks in. Norriden smiled again.
"I stand corrected." Norriden finishes to add to his smile.

Anonymous

Behold, like the mention of his name had summoned him.
"Excellent, I am glad that everyone is here and," she glanced at Neseraph, sort of reluctant to continue with the next word, "well. I pray that all of you have gotten the rest you needed for this coming day."
Insera, changed in back into her regular attire now, stepped out of the bathroom and was taken aback for a second when she laid eyes on Norriden and Tesri...then she remember that she was 'allied' with them and managed to calm herself down, though that didn't keep her from giving the brothers dubious looks.
Virtue stepped forward and walked to the middle-most place among the group, "We start today with our search for the woman called Kaite, indentified by Sir Soweh to be of potential aid to us in locating our primary target, the N2-"
"Norriden-" started Neseraph as he caught his breath and tossed himself up onto the bed to sit on the edge, "already took care of that piece, last night."
Shifting her gaze from Neseraph to Norriden, Virtue inquired, "Have you, Sir Utor?"
Kynrei opened her eyes.

Anonymous

Norriden looked up at Virtue when she mentioned Kaité. Before she could finish her topic, Neseraph interrupted with news of last night's occurances. Then Virtue turned to Norriden with her question. All he could do was look down at the ground in front of himself and smile at the same time.
"Yeah, You can say that." He adds just before Rosa realizes something.
"Look!" Rosa calls out as she points at Kynrei's bed, "She's awake." Norriden turns his attention quickly, please to see that time has lifted from it's slumber. Now information is at hand.

Anonymous

The attention of practically the entire room shifted in that instant. Virtue immediately went to the side of Kynrei's bed and inquired like a concerned doctor, "Are you alright, Kynrei? How are you feeling?"
The proxy of Mother didn't respond at first; she simply scanned the room slowly from left to right, taking a good look of everyone in the room as well. Virtue was about to ask her again when she finally spoke of her own accord, "I have not slept...nor have I dreamt." Kynrei brought a hand to her forehead and continued quietly, "I became in tune with my source, my Creator...I had no choice; She bid me so.
"She showed me the inevitable; that I am going to die. But...I knew this from the moment I defied her will. She also asked about the one that Nazune loved...the one named Norriden Utor."
The attention of practically the entire room shifted back to Norriden in that instant.
Slowly, Kynrei turned her head to look directly at Norriden as well. "And she gave me message...a message to give to you." Kynrei paused for a brief moment, then relayed, "She said: 'You are trying to take Nazune away from me, and I cannot allow that to happen.'"

Anonymous

Norriden was the only one that was recting differently than everyone else. He kept his eyes focused on Kynrei the entire time. Upon hearing that it is inevitable for Kynrei to die, Norriden thought about one thing he has learned in his life. The time you are born is when you begin to die. Everyone dies, it's just a matter of when and how long they will live before then. Then the message was brought up and relayed to Norriden. His eyes then narrow as he continues to stare at Kynrei.
"Nothing will stop me, not even death." Norriden finalizes. He is determined and nothing can destroy his determination.

Anonymous

Neseraph grinned and remarked like a professional commentator, "Ooo...sounds like fightin' words to me."
Tangent cupped his hand around his chin, saying mostly to himself, "Not even death..."
Insera scoffed and smirked amusedly, unable to contain herself.
And when the moment passed, Neseraph sparked the next round of conversation with a question as he leaned forward on the bed and held his hand out, "Now, let me get this straight...this Mother, the person we're up against, is your...creator?"
Kynrei glanced over at Neseraph after breaking eye contact with Norriden and responded to him, "That is correct. I am a proxy of the High Seraphim Mother, made in the image of Nazune as she was as an Angel under Elial's command and for the purpose of aiding her in the Trial of Movement, another contrivance of my Creator's. After I had performed by part in her play and fulfilled my purpose, I was supposed to be unmade and returned to my source...Mother. However, I was born with my own free consciousness...and I knew of my Creator's deception, even going so far as to warn Nazune of betrayal. Alas, my warning was in vain, and Nazune went on to complete the four Trials and eventually slay her adversary, Elial the Archangel. When these happenings transpired, I grew bolder...and openly defied my Creator's will to have me return to my source. It was my hope that perhaps, there would still be time to save Nazune from my Creator's twisted plans...and that hope may yet shine brightly."
Unusually intrigued, Virtue asked with a voice laden with said interest, "You were...born with a free consciousness?"
Kynrei looked to her fellow proxy and answered, "My Creator is no ordinary High Seraphim anymore. She no longer dwells in the glories of Upper Heaven, but rather she has carved her own small Realm among the first three. During her separation from Upper Heaven, many...transitions took place. The Glories that she used to be able to invoke as a High Seraphim of Upper Heaven have become severely...anomalous. In a manner of speaking, my own anomaly is that I was born as an image in a mirror with no one on the other side."
Virtue lowered her head a little; she looked almost...heartbroken, something that Tangent took notice of.
Insera crossed her arms and asked Kynrei directly, "That is enough banter. I think that we want to know the exact location of this 'High Seraphim Mother' so that we may end this more quickly."
Kynrei glanced over at Insera for a second before she tilted her head down, as if trying to think of the best way to compose her answer. "As I have said, my Creator calls her own Realm home. You might know of the three Realms, or perhaps the term 'universes' is something you may be more familiar with - Heaven, the First; Hell, the Second; Earth, the Third. I do not know how it was done, but Mother has created her own Realm in which to dwell. It is there that you will find Mother..." she looked up at Norriden, "and it is there that you will find Nazune - the Nazune that you know and love."

Anonymous

Rosa remained speechless through everything. She believes it to be unspeakable to take on a former High Seraphim. Norriden thinks otherwise. He listened to Kynrei intently. He listened to every detail she had to offer. So, this Mother has her own realm. Perhaps it is the one Norriden once traveled to with Nazune. If only he knew. After Kynrei's last bit of information, Norriden pondered for a moment.
"Where can we find the other Nazune?" He questions after a short span of time. Perhaps that is their only lead to getting to Mother, to Nazune...