Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ghosts (M)

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2013, 05:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Ugh."

Jinai moaned and groaned, flopping around in agony for a good few hours before puking again in the bucket, then turned her attention to Conall.
"So how long you've been with Kat?" she wiped off the puke from her lips before giving a sniff. The woman looked like completely shit, bags under her eyes and all.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

He enjoyed reading in silence for a couple hours, occasionally pausing to inquire if Jinai needed something. Such inquires were met with miserable groans and incessant flopping about like a fish out of water.  And so he resumed reading , that is, until the woman spoke up. The inquiry about his relationship with Katahnia was not a subject that he minded discussing.

He adopted a thoughtful expression, "Only a few months ," but he was speaking of how long it had been since he'd found her in the Kilanthros opposed to what he suspected she might have really been inquiring about which was an inquiry about how long he had been her lover and that time had been so much shorter.

"How long have you known her, Miss Ringstate?" He was genuinely curious. There were still many things about the woman he loved that he hardly knew. 

visualspice

Jinai lay there on her side, still feeling wretched.
"A couple of years. Off and on. We're kind of into the same thing. Well.." she paused to think about it as she smirked. "Kind of. Considering we both think Connlaothian law is shit."
She gave Conall a rare smile before weakly turning away from him, now laying on her back as she stared up at the ceiling, then, after a moment, she was on her side and puking again.

"I don't understand how I can puke so much. I haven't eaten that much in a few god damn days," she groaned through a forced laugh and raked her messy hair out of her face.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"So I've heard, "Conall frowned slightly at her crass remarks. He offered a ghost of a smile though warmth in his green eyes conveyed that he would not disagree about Connlaothian politics which had been a mess , it seemed, since the day he'd been born and certainly well before that. People liked to blame the grand duke's assassination and mages, but Conall felt the real problem was far more deeply rooted than most cared to consider.

He frowned as she turned her back on him, "You have the substances you've abused to thank, so the doctor told us. " 

visualspice

Jinai ignored that comment.
"Ugh, and my head is pounding. Ain't there anything else to drink besides ale? I could use some water."
Turning to peer over at Conall, she looked him over. "You ever take drugs? Or is there a law saying dukes can't get high?"

Paradox

When she inquired about him having ever taken any drugs, he gave her a curious look, "Technically, there are few things I couldn't do in my own lands, but it's more a matter of personal choice and the limits of my own body than what my authority allows." He shrugged, "  However, I have known other nobles to indulge in such things. The aftermath is not pretty. Oh it picks you up in the beginning, but eventually you come crashing back down. Rather hard." And that was no dig made towards her or her profession, but rather just a simple fact.

"There's little more than cheap ale and mead here at the inn , but Pineton is a farming community. I think I could probably barter in town for some goat's milk or something. Katahnia and I were avoiding the water. It doesn't look or smell very...drinkable." And that was saying something given what he'd been served in prison.

visualspice

Jinai smirked at his response.
"How would you know? Unless you've taken some." And she brushed some messy hair from her face and observed him. "So you've only been together traveling a few months then? What brings you here, anyway? Last I heard Kat was in the capital, but then something happened and she was presumed dead." She peered up at the walls, eyes searching before she sighed and fought off the urge to puke again. The vomiting was just making her down right exhausted.

"And you don't have to watch over me." And hse paused before adding, "I'll live. If the drugs were going to kill me, they would have already. But now I just have to deal with this nasty mess until my body gets cleaned." She wrinkled her nose unhappily. Her body was a mess anyways. She hurt in places she never heart at before and now she was sicker than a dog.

"So there's no water?" she asked again, never realizing she had never wanted fresh water now more than ever before in any moment of her life.

Paradox

Frowning , Conall crossed his arms, "I'm an educated and observant man, Miss Ringstate. Just because I don't play with fire, it doesn't mean that I don't know it can burn you let alone how." Of course there were things he had known nothing of and there were things he'd done that he was still rather inexperienced with, but...that wasn't part of this conversation!

He uncrossed his arms , " It's quite a long story of how I came to meet Katahnia and how it is we've managed to find ourselves here. I thought perhaps she might have told you something herself. You two spoke last night for quite awhile. " And he had no idea about what. "She seems a bit ...upset. " He shook his head, " To be frank, Katahnia told me you were a spy and as such I am not sure how much I ought to tell you. Granted, I don't have that much to hide. I never did and perhaps my honesty was my downfall." He stood up and walked over to the door, " Well, if you really want water I can get some for you but I'm not so sure you'll appreciate it. It's quite filthy."

And he left before she could reply. Time passed slowly and it was nearly an hour before Conall had returned with a full waterskin. He went over to the bed and held it out for her to take, "Well, water it is. It's ....murky and possesses a slight hint of...manure. "   

visualspice

JInai only smirked and watched the man leave. She had just about fallen asleep when he returned and promptly retched.

"God, that smells worse than dog shit. What are you trying to do, kill me!?" ANd she shoved the thing away.

Paradox

Kill you? Well, there's a thought. It'd certainly solve a lot of problems right now, wouldn't it?

Conall sighed,"I warned you, did I not? But you wanted water and I got it for you." He frowned and watched the waterskin fly away then abruptly smash into the wall on the opposite side of the room. "You're welcome."

This woman was so damned rude.

"How about some tea instead? "

visualspice

"What?" Jinai looked up at him and wrinkled her face in disgust. "No, gross. With that piss water?" She shook her head. "I think I just need to rest some more." And she threw herself back on the bed, and wilted into the blankets as she sighed.
"And you don't have to watch me." she gave a chilidsh glare his way. "I'm too sick to go anywhere.." Really, she dind't have to be watched over like a damn kid!

Paradox

Conall was tempted to just leave her alone like she wanted , but then what would Katahnia say? He had promised to watch Jinai and that's what he would do whether either of them liked it or not. He shrugged, walked back to where he'd left his book, sat down on the floor and pulled it back into his lap. "Fine. I won't watch you then, but I'll sit here and read. Let me know if there's something you need , otherwise pretend I'm not here. "

This was going to be a fun several hours. He couldn't wait for Katahnia to wake up so he could be free. 

visualspice

The next few hours went on just like this. Jinai fell in and out of sleep, and when she wasn't sleeping, she was awake and sweating, puking into a bucket and begging for water. She complained about the smell,a dn when she finally tried to drink it- she puked some more. Eventually, after Jinai had passed out a third or forth time, the door cracked open and Katahnia peered inside.

"Conall?" she noted JInai sleeping, before closing the door behind her and tip toeing to his side. "How's it going?" she asked softly, afraid to speak any louder than a whisper.

Paradox

The moment Katahnia entered the room, Conall snapped the book closed and hopped up to his feet. "Ansgar be thanked that you're here." He moved forward and pulled her into a tight embrace. God, was he relieved to see her! Although this experience had not been quite as terrible as he'd been dreading.

"Miss Ringstate is...well, we shared some words and there was some mild protestation made towards my presence but other than that, she's spent most of her time expelling her illness into a bucket. She refused the water she requested and whined about a lack of booze. Other than that, I've been reading and distracted by the thought of wishing that I could have joined you." He released her from the hug and took a step back, "Did you rest well?"

visualspice

Katahnia smiled and blushed at his affections, though when he brought up with Jinai had done, she glanced over the sleeping woman's way before turning to Conall and smiling.
"I've missed you, too," she whispered, stealing a kiss softly to the corner of his mouth. Her eyes then took in his.
"So I suppose things are as normal as they can be?" She took his hand and squeezed it. "I suppose we can thank the Gods for that."

"Thank them yourself," JInai groaned as she woke up.

Katahnia, startled by the woman's sudden interruption, shook her head and smirked the girl's way.

"You of all people should be greatly for this, too, Jinai. We're at war here."

"Yeah, but we've always been at war."

Paradox

Conall cleared his throat gently , " I thought that perhaps we might grant Jinai the courtesy of giving her a little quiet time." He was somewhat thinking of the woman's preferences, but more or less thinking of his own and of Katahnia's . Jinai couldn't do much right now and it wasn't likely to kill the woman if she was left alone for an hour two. Although Conall supposed that he ought to just get some sleep. 

"I just thought maybe since we're ...here still that we could um...spend some time alone together. " Of course he wasn't thinking of what Jinai had suggested earlier! Although he would have welcomed that option! "Not long , but we haven't been permitted to slow down since the Kilanthros and just...be together." Did that even make sense? And it felt a little ...awkward having to confess this with an audience, but here was an opportunity and he figured that they may as well seize upon it.

visualspice

"If you two need to fuck, I"ll just ignore you," came Jinai's voice oh so helpfully from on the bed.

Kathnia didn't even have a chance to answer Conall when she had spoke and her face turned red as she cast a mean glare Jinai's way.
"Really, Jinai!"

"What? IT's not like it's not obvious. Besides, I need to-" ANd before JInai could finish her sentence, Katahnia cringed and turned away, just as Jinai puked some mroe into a bucket.

Whispering to Conall, she asked, "Has she been ill this whole time?" She looked worried, but she had no idea this was just part of the process Jinai's body was going through for her withdrawl.

Paradox

Conall's expression was that of naked mortification, "That's not - I wasn't even - well, perhaps -" well, he was a man! But he was also a gentleman! Damn. " Indeed, Miss Ringstate! Please do keep such crude comments internal, thank you!  "

But then Jinai made another comment which had Conall feeling rather flustered. Obvious? What did she mean by that? Oh. THAT. But he- was it really? Did it really seem that way? Or was it just Jinai's naughty assumptions? Did Katahnia read it that way? That THAT was the only thing he'd been thinking about!? That certainty was not his intention! Damn it, Jinai!

He was half tempted to hold her head down in that bucket drown her in the god damned vomit!   

And then to Katahnia's inquiry he nodded, "Indeed, but her body needs time to abolish the poison in her system. The drugs rather.  " And then , he leaned in close to her and whispered, "Does it honestly seem to you that I'm only interested in -satisfying physical desires?"   

visualspice

Katahnia was more surprised by Conall's comment than by Jinai's. Gasping, she looked at him.
"Certainly not!" and her face went crimson.

"Just go ahead to the other room already," Jinai groaned over her bucket. "I'd rather not deal with two lovers right now."S he had her own messed up love life to figure out. Ugh.. Jude...
Where was he now and was he pissed at her for leaving? Did he even realize why?

Katahnia sighed and gave Conall a pout, but it was evident she was agitated over all of this, definitely more flustered than usual!

Paradox

Conall shrugged helplessly at his partner's exasperation. It was an honest, curious question and he was relieved to find that his own suspicions were confirmed and that Jinai was just making these comments to rattle him. 

"I don't think it'll hurt to give Miss Ringstate some privacy," Conall offered , hoping to diffuse the tension a bit, "perhaps you and I could make a venture to town and see if we could find a suitable source of drink for our friend." He met Katahnia's gaze and offered a smile though he felt about as flustered and agitated at the situation as she was. "What say you, my lady?"