Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ghosts (M)

Started by visualspice, November 06, 2013, 05:42:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This thread follows directly after this one: Hanging By an Ice-Cold Chanelier

--------------

As they traveled southward to Turgall, they made their way across the top of Belkrath and into a Northern town. No one questioned them, as this town made most of it's money on travelers and trade, so it had a few small shops, a tavern and inn, but nothing more. Once his new companions had some better clothes, they continued west into Hellvion, to where Blaith met up with a few associates, leaving Katahnia and Conall alone for a few days, but demanding that they stay low.
Not one to disobey, she remained steadfast by Conall's side, seeming only able to share whispers with him for days until they were on the road traveling once more.
There had been talk of running away, but it appeared neither was so foolish, as if, every time they looked over their back, her crazed cousin might be there.

Now they were going south and they were finally crossing the boarders into Turgall.
By now, the areas were much warmer, the grasses thawing along with the river beds, which were gushing with life as song birds sat on bare branches and whistled songs.

Katahnia smiled at the sight of a yellow-crested pheasant, recalling a time long ago, before her family had been slaughtered, and before her name had become erased. It was funny how twice i her life, the people of Connlaoth wanted her dead.

It would take the rest of the day to ride into the castle, and by then, the pair had been given a second pair of clothing, a chance for a proper bath before he'd drag them into his home.
They were just outside the castle gates, residing in a small tavern called 'The White Rose'; where a bed and bath could be purchased for half a silver. Blaith paid a premium to see the pair got oils, while he himself road on ahead to ready the castle for their arrival, and also to get himself in better clothes.

It was while Katahnia lay in the cooling bath waters that she finally spoke to Conall, having been silent most of the day.
"Conall?" she spoke towards the wooden partition int he room. The place was dark, but cozy, and segmented by thin squares of wood, and flimsy, but lockable doors. She had made sure her bath room was next to his, and waited until she heard him get comfortable in the waters on his side before striking up a conversation. After all, she could hear everything through the thin walls, and no body else was in there.

And it was like the rest of their journey- where no one questioned who they were, as if their other lives were ghosts.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

((Getting to the point because the thought of this just amuses me.))
After weeks of travel , Conall was happy to finally have arrived in Turgall. He was even more relieved to be staying at an inn which was, an experience that was quite rare for him but that was hardly a matter to him since he was only happy to be given a moment of peace.

He took his time undressing, his fingers fumbling with the same button for a good three minutes before his mind registered that he was doing it wrong. This happened quite a few times more , but he eventually had removed his clothing and stepped into tub and settled down into the water which was a little too cool for his usual preferences , but he wasn't about to complain because it had been far too long since he'd bathed and it felt fantastic.

He sighed pleasurably and leaned back , closing his eyes and just enjoying the soaking process. Hearing Katahnia's voice, he didn't answer right away. Ah yes. This was nice. He could fall asleep here. "Yes,  Katahnia?"

visualspice

Upon hearing the contentment in his voice, she smiled. Leaning back in the waters, she stared up at the ceiling and crossed her arms over her bare chest.

"Doesn't it feel really good to be out of those Mountains and back in the valley? I mean, despite all of this treacherous wind, I've become quite found of Turgall."
Though that was idle talk, and she was starting off their conversation with some idle chit chat. Truth be told, she had quite a lot on her mind.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Paradox

"I didn't mind the mountains so much. I thought they were rather beautiful but perhaps being from Ardal, I'm used to seeing mountains, "Conall replied ,"In all honesty,  I was just happy to be out of prison and those horrible mage camps ."

He shuddered thinking about it and quickly changed the subject back to something a little more pleasant, "I've never really been here before, to Turgall I mean. Well, technically I have been here ,but it was a rather brief venture. I never really got to see very much but I never really had much time for anything. There was so much to do, you know?  " He cleared his throat. "So,  what sorts of things are there to see here?" 

visualspice

Katahnia remained reclined in the water, her green eyes moving as if reading the ceiling.
"The usual things you'd think, but with flatter plains there are more farms for crops, I suppose." She sighed and splashed her hands through the water before turning his way and asking more seriously, "Conall... I... I've been meaning to ask you." And she paused to consider her question. "What do you aim to do about Ardal? I know right now we're stuck like prisoners, forced to follow my cousin around but... I know you care greatly for your duchy."
And she knew it had always been on his mind.

Paradox

There was a long silence. He'd anticipated such a question, "I've learned from your cousin during our travels that Cormac Shanley, my uncle, is the new duke of Ardal. He murdered tortured my family to death so talking to him is out of the question. The first step is figuring out what's been happening there in my absence and then , I need to figure out who his allies are and who opposes him and why. Then I need to discern what their stances have been with this ...war and see if my interests and theirs might match up. I'm fairly sure that getting in touch with my mother's family, House Aeron would be a good idea. I know they disliked my father ,but they're likely to hate my uncle even more. The only problem is I've never actually met any of them. They sort of...just cut contact off with my parents shortly before my birth. So, they're not going to believe that I'm their grandson without some sort of proof which I don't have right now."

He frowned and thought about it some more, " Before I was sent to the mines, a family heirloom from House Aeron was taken from me. If I could manage to get that back and present it to them, they would acknowledge me as their blood because I was supposedly buried with it. "

visualspice

Katahnia thought over his question while holding her bar of soap, and it almost appeared as if she were trying to bore a hole through the bath waters as she thought.
"Would you know where to begin to find such an item?"
For she had to wonder, if she too, still had allies since her apparent 'death'.
"You know it's strange.. to think the entire world thinks we're both dead." She stared up at the ceiling and smiled, before sighing and dipping her head beneath the water.

Paradox

"Is it? People accepted my death so readily. As if they wanted mages to be responsible because that only validated their ill feelings." He sighed, "Forgive me.  I just...did no one question it? Or maybe they had no choice."

Conall rubbed his bearded chin (which was still in bad need of grooming and a cut) thoughtfully, " The last person who had my grandfather's sword was Calent Allarick. He might have sold it , or he might have kept it as a trophy.  I could certainly see the latter. No one in Allar or Uthlyn would recognize that heirloom so he need not be concerned with anyone seeing it but he wouldn't want it floating around. Better to keep it hidden under his nose. However, breaking into the palace wouldn't be easy. I'd need someone very skilled in that department. The best. I suppose I'd need money for that. Criminals never work for free. " Oh to think that he was considering robbing someone (even if he was stealing back something that was his) . Oh , Ansgar, I'm going to burn

visualspice

The first thought that came to her mind was the one woman she had thought she hated. But even now, could she really blame Jinai for what happened between her and Cauwyn? When she felt she had been silent too long, she finally spoke.

"I know of someone who could do it."
And there would be no questions asked...

Paradox

"Y-you you do!?" She heard him splashing around in the tub. Well, he wasn't quite sure what to think about that! Conall thought of Katahnia (in spite of her inappropriate teasing) a lady . Er, mostly. Sort of. Oh , Ansgar's beard! He had no idea what to think now!  What sort of people did Katahnia run around with? It made him worry a little! Just a bit.

However, it didn't matter did it? This was good that he knew someone who knew someone who might be able to help him. "Well, that's uh...great. So, how much do you think that would cost?" 

visualspice

At his eagerness she frowned, though that frown deepened at his last question.
"She wouldn't cost us anything." She said softly. "She does this for the cause."

Paradox

"Oh," well, this was awkward. He'd just assumed that...oh dear. He fumbled a bit over his words, "M-my apologies for making assumptions. I- have little knowledge of about these sorts of things. I- not, that making money is a bad thing. One must earn a living and I cannot fault anyone for it. " He cleared his throat, "I cannot help ,but detect that you don't sound all that enthusiastic about your suggestion though. Is there something the matter?" 

visualspice

Kathania perked up at his words.
"She and I... well... it's complicated." She said with a sigh. "She's the reason I was no longer with Cauwyn." Yep. She was the other girl...
"But we had been friends before that, and we both believed in the same views. Although she was a bit... differnet in the way she approached her end goals. She's... not quite what you'd expect as a friend of a former lady." Then again, no one would have suspected Cauwyn as her lover, either!
"And well... she never says no..."

Paradox

As if the conversation couldn't get any more awkward. He flushed with embarrassment. "O-oh. I- I'm sorry." He bowed his head. So this man she said she would have married, the father of her child had...cheated on her with this other woman? What a fool, that ex-lover of hers. He felt anger flash briefly through him, but he need not allow it to consume him. Cauwyn was , as far as he knew, gone and this must have been some time ago before he'd even met Katahnia.

" I don't understand why any man who was so blessed of earning your affections would just gamble it away like that. " He shook his head, " that is truly his loss." Though he wouldn't dare say he was glad that it had happened. He'd never wish anything ill on her. Had Cauwyn not done what he did, who knew? Maybe Katahnia would be elsewhere raising her daughter...

But that was not the way life worked. Here they were. "Well, we don't have to ask for this woman's help if you don't feel all that comfortable with it." Although his options were so limited, Katahnia's feelings were more important to him.   

visualspice

Kathania grew quiet for a time before replying, "No... that's alright." ANd he'd be able to hear her move through the water before she sighed. "We have limited options and well... she's trust worthy."
Well.. except with men...
"And this is something I know she could do." SHe was creative, after all...
"It's just that I.. well.. It might also be difficult to simply track her down..."

Paradox

"Very well, then, " Conall replied,"if you're comfortable with it then I would like to seek aid from this uh..." Well, he wasn't quite sure what to call her. "Er...acquaintance of yours. " Maybe they were still friends, maybe not. He didn't know and he wasn't going to prod much. It wasn't his business unless it truly bothered her.

"Right. Any ideas where to start looking? Though I suppose at this point your cousin won't allow us to wander far. I am a little surprised he left you here with me. I remember a time when he wouldn't let me anywhere near you. Or, perhaps he knows that I'm a gentleman and I behave myself. "

visualspice

"Well..' Katahnia began, knowing full well Conall wouldn't like this...
"If we want to track her, the best place to start looking is a brothel." Yep,s he hung out with whores!

Paradox

"WHAT!?" Conall's gasped and his face turned so red. "Whores? Whores? Like  people that sleep with other people for money? I don't really understand how that is going to help- I thought she was a thief or something. "

Whores!? Oh , Ansgar! He really was going to burn in hell for this! Actually, he could imagine how that could work. Oh! Why was he imagining it! He covered his face, " Not a problem. Not a problem. " It wasn't as though they were going there for uh special services or anything dirty like that!

visualspice

Kathania blinked, and couldn't help but smirk at his reaction as she gave a light pat to the flimsy wall inbetween them.
"Really, Conall, it's not like she works there."
But close enough! "She just.. er.. does a lot of.. business there." And that did NOT sound anybetter...
"But yes, you were right to assume she was a spy. She does a lot of scouting for an organization known as the Free Folk. It's very hush hush, but they keep a safe haven for repressed mages."

Paradox

"Business!?"  What did THAT mean? He could venture to guess. His face flushed even darker. "Silly me. What was I thinking?" Cause, you know, that totally didn't sound like what a whore did at all. No sir!

"I...didn't say spy. I said thief, but a spy is even better. " And , well, spies could also be whores and thieves. So maybe this woman was all of that. Wow, she must have been pretty busy. "And you really think she could get that close to Allarick? She's that good, huh?"

Tags: