Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Let Them Eat Cake! (M!)

Started by visualspice, October 23, 2013, 03:06:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Peering up with her, he nodded.
"Yes, perhaps some reading might calm me." ANd rising from the bed, he offered her his hand before pulling her out of it to stand beside him. There, he moved to pull on his pants and a robe, before moving towards the back of his room to the door. There, he opened the door to his private study, and waited for his wife to join him as he lit up an oil lamp, then stepped into the room.

The yellow light from his lamp stretched rather far, and caused long shadows from the steep book shelves to stretch across the ceiling like wicked fangs. In the center was a cozy set of leather chairs, a settee, a wine chest, and a few desks with neat piles of paper resting ontop, and a few ink wells left opened, and their feather pens, on the table, and a few, now on the floor.

"Feel free to look around." For before, he never truly let anyone else in there with him. It was his private space, after all, but now.. he was actually allowing her inside with him- so she might not know all fo the intimate space and calming air it provided.

He, on the other hand, moved away from her towards a nearby shelf that was attached tot he same wall as his room. He began to let his eyes read across it, searching for something, perhaps a light read, to distract him from his still rapidly beating heart.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

So, this was Calent's private sanctuary...

Clad only in the sheet from their bed, Kathryn made her way into the room with a reverent hesitation.  Six hours ago, she had written him off...  And now he was inviting her into his private study...  She had to suppress the shiver of trepidation that ran over her skin at the thought.  This was all going too fast.  If she let herself fall...and if he hurt her again...

But, watching him look over the books, her heart went out to him.  She wanted to believe he was trying and that he would continue to try.  She wanted to believe he loved her, as she still so obviously loved him.

And that would require patience.

So, after a moment of thought, she moved delicately across the threshold into the room beyond.  There wasn't much to see without lighting more lamps and the fireplace, but she looked curiously at the spines of the books she could see in the lantern's light.

"This is amazing," she told him softly, meaning every word of it.  "I had no idea you had such a collection..."

visualspice

Peering over at his wife, he noted the way the blanket clothed her like a ghost. She looked beautiful, and even a bit mysterious, like one of those oil paintings he had seen from Serendipity.
Nodding his head at her statement, he glanced back to the books.
"Not all are from my private collection, but most of these in here, are. I was.. thankful to realize I could use this spare room as a study..." Even though, at certain times in the Grand Duke's Palace past..this spare room was meant to be for the Grand Duchess...
But her bedroom, as Kathryn well knew, was down the hall...
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

If Kathryn had ever put two and two together, she certainly did not seem to show it.  Instead, with a quiet laugh, she touched the spine of a book with delicate, appreciative fingers.  "This is the very book I've been reading.  It seems our library has a few duplicates in it."

Turning from the shelf, she settled herself down on the settee to watch her husband select his book.  "Thank you," she murmured into the silent room.  "I know how...guarded you are about this place..."

Although, Heaven knew why!

visualspice

He finally picked a book, a simple read, one he's read a dozen times over, but he was really looking to read something for a few pages before falling asleep. Tucking it under his arm, he moved over to join her and settled in beside her.

And at her thanks, he stared at her a moment before glancing down at the book on his lap.
"I.. always believed I needed a place just for myself. It's.. been rather difficult to deal with the nightmares I have been facing over the years. I... think I'm just tired of taking it in all alone this time." And he peered over at her book, up the clothe then to her face.
"Maybe... trying a different approach to distract myself from them will ease my pain."

Ivory

Kathryn's smile was soft as she reached out to trace his jaw.  "I wish I'd known," she told him with honest regret.  To face these things alone..."

Well, it had nearly destroyed her.  Her eyes flickered away at the thought, but they soon returned with a renewed smile.

"You're a strong man."

visualspice

At her comment, he frowned and turned away. Then took up her hand and drew it to his lips and kissed them.
"I am not. If anything, I feel, sometimes, like a fool."

Ivory

Kathryn laughed softly, reaching up to cup his face in both of her hands.  "Then you're a strong fool."  You could be both!

"But either way, you're my husband.  You don't have to be alone."

visualspice

"But Kathryn.." he told her, his hand moving overtop of hers. "When I sleep. I am alone."
No one could see the horrors there. It was an intimate world-just for he.

Ivory

"Then I will be with you when you're awake," she answered confidently.  "And if you wake me up in the night, that's okay too.  Because I'm with you."

visualspice

He hadn't expected that response. His cheeks heated quick as he stared at her, appearing quite confused as he tried to read her by looking into her eyes. A hand then cupped her cheek, hesitantly at first before he leaned forward, nuzzling his own cheek to hers.

Ivory

Kathryn smiled prettily, placing a gentle kiss on his cheek before curling up beneath his arm.  "Go ahead and read your book.  I'll just sit here and keep you company," she murmured happily.

visualspice

Calent couldn't keep his eyes off of her and blindly moved to put the book away, except he missed the shelf and it slipped to the floor.
"No.. I think I have a better idea.." and he moved suddenly to scoop her up into his arms. "Let's just   rest together on the settee." ANd he sat down with her, drawing her against him as his chin rested against her head. "I think relaxing with you in this quiet place is a much nicer option than reading."

Ivory

"We can do whatever you like," she answered, more than happy to snuggle into his arms.

This was so perfect.

And she wished it would never, ever end.