Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Slice of Lemon Cake

Started by visualspice, November 08, 2013, 11:35:59 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This Thread has come from: The Dessert Table. See Rules of the Table before joining! Thanks!

-----

For Angsar's sake, was this ball ever annoying; at least those were the thoughts inside Lord Davishire's head as he took another sip of his dark wine and rolled it around irritably inside it's fancy, gilded goblet. He flattened his lips, drawing them into a flat line as he staked himself out in the most uninvolved room (so far) at the party. No doubt, the drawing room would have others joining soon, considering it was attached to the music room, where he heard a group of women giggling over the piano.

Sighing again, he lowered his head, the mask on his face almost consuming his features, but not that strong jaw- making him appear even more ferocious than normal; considering he chose the most fitting costume for himself-
A dire wolf.

With ragged, tufts for ears pinned atop of his hair and a fur trimmed mask that covered msot of his face, his suit was also lined in the fur, and a tail at the bottom, fashioned from a real wolf and his cape, also completely made of wolf's fur...

It was kind of itchy, and making him bloody hot beneath it. He gave a tug to his collar and sighed again, itching at the fur that tickled the portion of his chest that was bared (but only appropriately enough) before lifting his goblet to his lips and wondering if the alcohol would really be enough to make him become invincible at this event and survive the day. Damn party.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

Illi felt... well... out of place. The costumes all around were magnificent and the building was unbeatable, but she was starting to wish that she had brought a book with her. That way she could just stay in the corner in her own little world. Shaking her head, she tossed the thought out. She came to socialize. To meet fun girls and, if she was lucky, a perfect man.

That's why she left all of her siblings. Not like they would have stayed with her, anyway. Well, maybe a few of them, but everyone wanted to get to know new people. Even Janette... though the reason why may be a little suspicious. But so far, the whole socializing thing wasn't going too well. Being in the middle of the Treyburn kids, nobody paid her much attention. And, honestly, she didn't pay anybody else much attention. So besides the occasional, "Oh, Illi, look how much you've grown!" or the ever dreaded, "You're growing up to look just like your mother!" from some of the older women, she hadn't done any talking.

She had also realized that most of the other ball-goers were dressed up as animals.

But she couldn't be frightened off. All good heros had troubles, right? She just had to work past them and get up the courage to speak to somebody. So Illi took a deep breath and started walking again. Her heels clicked lightly on the ground while she spent all of her energy on not falling or running into anyone. Illi was starting to wonder if she should have practiced walking in her shoes. At least her gold dress looked pretty.

Seeing a fairly empty room, Illi decided it would be a perfect place to talk to someone in a more open setting. So she walked in and started heading over towards the piano, where a group of girls around her age seemed to be having fun.

And then she noticed a man, standing all alone. After a brief hesitation, she turned her path towards him. Nobody should have to be all alone, after all. Even if they did look a bit frightening and irritated.

Her voice quiet and shy, Illi slowly approached him and said, "Hi? I like your costume... it's a wolf, right? My name is Illi." She shot him a small smile, hoping he wouldn't just tell her off.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

Like the predator he appeared, his eyes shot to her sharply when she spoke. He hadn't even bothered to look at her until then, knowing full well she approached as he lowered his scratching hand from his neck and gave her a scrutinizing glare. He appeared as one unhappy 'pup'.

"Yes, a wolf," he replied with a soft, threatening growl to his tone. "And wouldn't the Queen of Aerona be afraid to approach a wolf?" He said, smirking, only slightly as he caught her costume in full detail. Lifting his drink to his lips, his scowl returned to his face as he looked away from her, as if bored.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

zozee9

Illi's eyes widened and drew in a breath when the wolf man spoke. He knew who she was! And, honestly, was probably the only person here who would! Despite his obvious bad temperament, she was elated. Whether he liked it or not, she planned on talking to him.

She curtsied politely as she replied, "Sorry, let me try this again." Then Illi calmly walked out of the room, went a few steps past the door so he wouldn't be able to see her, and walked back in. Her head was held higher this time, throwing off confidence. Her eyes skimmed the room before resting on that of the wolf.

Then, in true spirit of her character, Illi pointed and yelled, "Wolf! Oh the woe that has befallen me, he resembles my dead husband!" Despite the realization that she may have said that a little too loud, she continued on while placing her hands on her heart. "Speak to me, handsome creature of the night. Are you the spirit of my one true love?"
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

visualspice

Davishire kept his eyes careful upon the woman as she left the room.
He was about to mutter something under his breath about her being 'odd', and was momentarily relieved when she had left the room, only to be surprised a moment later when she returned!

This time, she held a different persona, throwing herself into character and forcing Davishire to stare. He felt his throat tighten, his lips, now flattened tightly before his face relaxed back to it's normal scowl.
"I think you have me mistaken for another wolf," he growled. "This one would devour the Queen whole." ANd as was proper, he bowed to her, even as he looked bored while doing it. "Lord Davishire Callister." He said, before turning away from her, so his shoulder faced her as he took a drink. Hopefully his 'reputation', or what the gossiping girls said about him would be enough to deter her. Most other girls would have gotten the hint...

After all, the group of girls she WOULD have approached were already talking...

zozee9

Illi walked up to Davishire again, shaking her head and tsking. "Ruining my fun, are you? I mean, obviously I ruined yours. You looked like you were having a blast, standing alone and staring at that wall." She stopped walking when she was a foor or two in front of him. Tilting her head up, she slowly added, "See, now you can stare forward at the wall, but not be alone..."

How tall was he, anyway?

Glancing down at his drink, she wondered if it were alcoholic. Alcohol and her didn't mix well. A glass of wine and any restraint she had on listing off book information was gone. Maybe she would go and get herself something to drink... but something nonalcoholic. Then again, he'd probably be gone by the time she returned.

Looking back up at his eyes, Illi finally processed all of what he said. "Wait... a lord?" she asked. "I suppose I should be more polite, seeing as my rank is much lower than yours. But based on your knowledge of past history figures, I'm willing to bet you have no more interest than I do in talking about which one of the lovely men here today will ask that hairy turnip over there on a date." She motioned to one of the girls by the piano with her head. "Plus, I think I missed the polite train as the beginning of this. Shall I exit and enter again, this time paying attention to formalities?"

visualspice

As she approached, his eyes slowly followed her form from the corner of his eyes. When she put herself right in his line of sight, his frown remained, especially as she stared at his drink. ANd then she went on again, seeming to care about status or whatever formalities nobility dictated and at that, he visibly sneered at her. Oh, she was one of those girls. He had, somewhat, hoped she had been different. But as usual protocol, she was just the same as the rest. And did she need to point out the other girls to prove it?

With a roll of his eyes, he stared up at the ceiling then back down towards her, then down t his drink- by now, it was.. empty. And as if on cue, a servant walked into the room carrying  a few goblets and paused before the pair.

"A drink for the lady?"
Needing a drink for himself, he figured why not? And placed his own empty drink onto the tray and grabbed two fresh drinks before bowing to the man and handing one over to her while he took his own...
"For you, my queen."
Then moved to walk away.

zozee9

Illi took the drink, not quite knowing what else to do. It seemed rude to not accept it, even if she had no intent on drinking it.

Then again, it was also rude to leave someone in the middle of a conversation—even if it was primarily one sided.

So Illi walked after him, trying to keep up with his pace. But her heels kept clacking on the ground in an offbeat pattern and she kept almost stepping on the hem of her dress and then that almost became an actual and she started falling. Towards Davishire.

She caught herself by using his back for support and already felt bad enough. But upon standing up straight again, she realized that a good portion of that red liquid of doom in her cup had made its way onto his costume. Leading to a large red stain across his back.

All she could do is gasp, frozen in place, with her hands on her mouth as she stared in horror.

visualspice

The clanking of her heels was god-awful annoying, and it grated on his nerves more than her words could. Confounded women and their dreadful 'necessity' of fashion!
And then there it was, he felt her hands upon him-
"What do you think you're-" and before he could finish that thought, he stared at her in about as much dismay and shock as she, as he stared down at the red wine dribbling dwn his furs.
Frowning, he simply sighed and resumed his usual scowl before he commented, "Looks like the Queen has finally killed her wolf." And he turned to hand her his drink, before attempting to walk away...

Again.

zozee9

Illi still stood frozen, though her arms were at her sides (now holding two cups), as he walked away. Normally she would have chased after him, insisting that she paid for his costume or got him a new one or make up for her dreadful mistake somehow, but his comment got to the innermost makings of her heart.

Her voice full of pure agony, Illi whimpered, "That's so sad... Why did he have to die? They were such a perfect couple... I've read stories of their love so many times and they always makes me cry." The waver in her voice made it sound like she was going to cry just by remembering it, but she knew she couldn't. Not at an event like this. Even still, she couldn't help but have the death of the queen's husband play over and over again in her head as her eyes seemed to be on the verge of tears that she was trying so hard to keep back.

visualspice

He had made it to the door when her voice caught his ears, and he paused at the door frame, a smart remark on his lips, but he pressed his lips together at her tone and found himself replying with a softer scowl,
"Because no life is a fairy tale."
And he walked out the door.

OOC: If you're following Edward, he's gone here: To the Triple Chocolate Cake.

zozee9

His words snapped her out of her own depression and she quickly started walking towards him while trying to not spill any more wine from either cup. While she may have succeeded in not spilling any more, Illi realized that she would not be catching up with him. After all, when she finally reached the doorway, he was nowhere in sight.

At first she was a little upset. She wanted to continue talking to him, even if he was a little cold. But then she paused and thought for a little while. With anything bad, something good came with it. She learned that from all the books she had read. Even if someone lost a fight, it taught them how to improve. Even deaths ultimately had some sort of benefit—even if the death was still insanely depressing.

So what if he wasn't within eye sight? That just gave her time to do a little research. That way, when she did find him, she could prove to him that life really could be a fairy tale. And she knew just the place to do that: the study. So Illi clanked right out of that room, handed both cups of wine to a waiter who conveniently happened to be nearby, and set out more confident than she had been when she entered.

----

Exit to: Triple Chocolate Cake

Brisinger987

Janette missed Illi, and the Wolf-man exiting the room, and instead found herself sighing, and starting to get angry or frustrated, she didn't know which.

What was she doing here? She wanted to be out, climbing the street tops of Reajh, taking coin and splashing out on herself, not stuck, cooped up in some god forsaken palace with a bunch of stuck up, high class people.

As much as she pretended to be one of them, she wasn't. She wouldn't ever fit in here, with these politicians.

She needed to be out on the streets.

She needed someone to go to with all these feelings. She needed a man.

She sat in a chair, trying to think clearly. All she could think about was that she'd flirted with her brother, kissed a few men cheekily, then buggered off in here to sulk.

She was pathetic. What sort of man would like her romantically? She was a tramp. She was proud of it, but she was a tramp. She wouldn't find love here. She would never find love. Girls like her never did. They died disease ridden deaths born of promiscuity.

Of course, she had drunk enough that she was thinking these thoughts, and soon enough she was on the verge of crying. Damned violent mood swings.

If Braxton, Trevian or family members found her, she'd be too embarrassed to explain, too upset to do anything but cry and too drunk to recognise the most likely. Of course, the experience wouldn't be mutual. She forgot everything when she was drunk, the most painful stuff.

visualspice

Killian Gryst was doing his rounds- and most awkwadly so. Becoming a 'knight in training' beneath the great General Serenus had been a dream for him. But little did the aspiring knight know what this entailed! Sure, the armor was beautiful, crafted by only the finest of men and materials, but he- well.. he still wasn't used to wearing it! As a young boy only hailing from an Apple Orchard from the duchy of Allar, and only having barely a years worth of training in the army, he still looked rather dashing with the glint of metal armor hugging his form.

Now he was clanking about (in a way that HE thought he looked awkward- when really, he did look quite normal) but he was having a hard time walking about in his armor. The helm of whihc, thank God, he did not have to wear, had been discarded, but even stil, he was sweating and his white hair was stuck to his face.

As a knight in training he had been commanded, under the orders of the Grand Duke himself, to maintain rounds that night and his first stop was.. well...

Blinking, he moved his wrist from his forehead (as he was still trying to wipe away that pesky sweat!) and observed the title of the room.

"The drawing room.."
Yep, he was in the right place. Wiping his forehead again, he drew in a breath and stepped on into the room....

Brisinger987

Janette heard the door go and instantly looked up from where she was to see something that sent a tingle up her spine. A young soldier, ripe for the taking.

Now there's what I want... Janette smiled as she wiped the tears from her cheeks, readjusting herself for feeding time.

"Why hello there handsome... Or should I be calling you sir?" Even Janette knew what a knight's armour looked like. Intricate, gorgeous. The only real thing that the army had to offer that was nice. Maybe she could see what the knight looked like without that armour on. Maybe even without clothes if she played her cards right.

As she walked over to him, she made sure to walk coherently, especially considering she'd had another round of wine. And it worked. She looked as if she wasn't drunk. Good.

The man's face was clearly visible, so she assumed he was a guard. Surely one guard could spend the night somewhere and no-one would notice.

Subtly she ran her eyes down the knight's body, holding in places she felt she should.

visualspice

OOC: I'm so tired while I write this! I hope it makes sense! I'm adding a brief summary of Killian's history up to this point (very brief >_>) so mentally, one can know where he is coming from!

-------------

Being in a grand party full of women in decadent costumes put Killian in a prime place to do a bit of appreciative people viewing, but that was, honestly, the furthest thing from his mind. He had been sweet on a girl long before this event, but things hadn't gone welll, and now she had disappeared, and along with it, his heart, so it seemed.

So It was hard for him to focus on much of anything, but what brought him into becoming a knight was General Serenus's generosity, and he... gladly excepted the position and did not realize that he would have been separated from his 'girlfriend' Solita. But finding out she was a mage, and one who saved his life, complicated things greatly..
Then she simply..
disappeared.

So while he was still lamenting over a lost girl, he hadn't realized where he was walking for just that moment and nearly walked clean into a incredibly tall, female snake
His blue eyes went wide at the sight of her, and then his face, red from the loooks she gave him
For a moment, he was paused, half in horror, half not knowing what to do, considering he always tensed up under scrutiny (or in this case, flirtation!)

But recalling his manners quickly, he bowed his head to the lady.
"My lady, apologies! but I must be on my way. The Grand Duke himself has assigned me to doing rounds, so please forgive me. I hadn't meant to nearly run into you, er.."  and he paused to observe her curious costume, and wanted to comment, but felt weird and assumed it was not his place. After all, he was a knight- and she a lady- and he was not a guest, after all nor a true knight (yet!)

Brisinger987

Janette loved the sound of his voice instantly. This was her dream guy. Physically anyway.

He was cute, and he certainly looked appealing. Maybe if she couldn't have the whole meal, she would just get a quick bite.

"I'm sure he won't mind... I've heard he's forgiving..." Janette smiled at the knight, taking one of his hands in hers.

"Come and keep a girl company for a while? I'm so lonely at this ball, it's horrible..." She was going to try all the tricks with this one. Lying about who she was, playing on his nerves, sitting at all the right angles, to make him see just enough to leave things on his imagination. Everything that had worked before.

Giving a gentle tug on his hand, she smiled.

"Come, sit, I'm sure there are plenty of guards to go around and not notice they're just missing one man. They won't mind me stealing you, sir....?" She enquired about the knights name.

visualspice

When Janette took his hand, he couldn't have felt more rigid or flustered as words failed him as he took a none too elegant step forward in his clunky armor.
"Please, my lady, er..?" he realized, he did not know her name, then again, he was not nobility so...
"I have a duty to uphold. To ensure you and all the guests are well and safe!"
But boy, if this girl wasn't a bit strong. And he blinked and realized, she was almost a foot taller than he! Few men he knew were even that tall, and awkwardly, he gaped at her when he realized this. Poor thing! He didn't mean to stare!

Brisinger987

Janette smiled, realising how much of a pitfall she had set up for him. "Well come and protect me..." She could keep her first name the same. Maybe change her last name.

Oh, Angsar's balls, what was the Grand Duke's last name?! Janette thought as she tried to decide what lie to create to see how much she could squeeze out of this knight. Maybe he had a thing for high nobility.

"My name is Janette Allarrick, I'm sure you'll recognise my uncle... The Grand Duke." It wasn't perfect, but it could keep her out of trouble.

"Someone was assigned to keep an eye out for me, just as a precaution, but they left when some women came over flaunting themselves. And now I need a new guard." Janette gave another gentle tug, hoping her lie would convince him to stay long enough that she could at least kiss the damn guy.

visualspice

"Well, er, see the thing of it is.." Killian began, at her first request, that made his cheeks rosy. He wasn't foolish enough not to know her game! And he in this situations did not fair well! After all, even not being nobility himself, he was still a gentleman.

"Er, Allarrick?" But at her last name, his eyes went wide, and not knowing what else better to do, he dropped to his knees, as if she were royalty herself!
"Forgive me, I... I am still knew here. I'm just a knight in training, this being my first duty..." And he kept his head bowed, an arm across his chest, fist resting over his heart in allegiance.

And he probably looked like a fool!