Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Business Venture [Zozee9]

Started by Lethe, November 14, 2013, 06:46:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lethe

"I'm just assuming you've never pitched a tent in your life so I am going to ignore that. Really, I just want you to get some kindling and light burners, such as twigs and small branches. I will handle the big stuff. You can tell it is kindling if when gripping it in both hands you can twist it apart. Very soft wood, the more of that you can find the better." Ashour pulled the two tents free of the saddle bag, they were an interesting design. Most tents, especially those for travel, were just a drape of leather, some sticks and a length of cord. It was fairly effective but small and cramped and if you moved a lot at night it would come crashing down. His tent was a bit more complex than that.

He quickly set out the thick wool matting that would go under the tent, it was mainly for comfort, made the tent more comfortable. It, like the tent itself, was magicked by an old mage that Ashour had once worked for, it was entirely water resistant. The tent went up without a hitch, it was a dome of brown leather that seemed to almost blend in with the surroundings. The inside, however, was huge. It had a dining area, a kitchen, nine different beds, a sitting area with a fireplace. They wouldn't be under the starts, they would be in luxury inside the woods. He next took a stake out of the saddle bag and drove it into the ground. tying the reins of Snow and Baroness to each other and to the stake, even if snow got free, he trusted that Baroness would keep her there. Like wise if a horse thief were to show up then Baroness would make enough noise and be stubborn enough to warn Ashour and give him ample time to react.

"How is the firewood coming?" Ashour asked as he went to loosen the straps on Baroness and rub her down.

zozee9

Elizabeth looked up at Ashour with a look of pure disgust. Her pointer finger and thumb were holding a singular stick out as far as possible as if it were a dead, rotting rat. Of course, if there really was a dead, rotting rat, Elizabeth would be long gone.

"It's wet!" she screeched. "All moist and squishy and so... so... so EW!" Elizabeth felt a small prickling feeling move across her finger and she screamed, not hesitating to throw the stick as far as possible. It made its way to Snow, who whinnied and attempted to run away. The post completely stopped her and, realizing she wouldn't be able to get away, she decided to get revenge. She turned around and stepped on the stick with her front right hoof, breaking it in two.

Elizabeth, on the other hand, was flinging her hand around wildly. There was no way she was letting a bug climb around on her. She stopped a few seconds later and hesitantly glanced at her hand. Happy to discover that there was no longer a bug, but still in a sour mood from the 'deadly' encounter, she snottily said, "And that's why I don't pick up wood!" She didn't know, of course, that the sensation of a bug she had felt was completely and utterly her imagination.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Lethe

OOC: sorry, in my last post I meant one tent but posted two, I would change it but you have already replied.
-----------
About stared in humor as Elizabeth overdramaticly held out a single, tiny twig. It wasn't even kindling, what it was, was embarrassing. And her reaction to it was comical. Baroness shook her head in appreciation to the loosening of her straps as well as the nice rubbing. "Just loosen the saddle straps on Snow the head inside the tent and start getting warmed up. I'll get the firewood", he returned in less then ten minutes with an harmful of sticks and kindling and an harmful of freshly split logs.

There was always that moment of queer disbelief whenever he stepped into the tent, the inside was at least twelve times as big on the inside than the outside. He dropped off some of the logs and sticks at the kitchen for the stove, then took the rest to the fireplace and began starting a fire to get the inside to heat up.

zozee9

OOC: You posted two? Lol I only imagined one. xD Feel free to change it if you haven't already. :3
---------

Elizabeth, not seeing any reason to disagree, did exactly what Ashour asked. After loosening the straps and grabbing her bags off of Snow, she prepared to enter whatever shabby tent was set up. But when she did enter, she gasped. Even Elizabeth, queen of the snobs and the spoiled, was amazed by the tent. It was nothing compared to her place back home, of course, but she had spent enough time traveling recently to know that most tents did not look like this.

After taking a brief look around, she grew complacent for the place. Ashour came back and placed some wood by the stove. Breaking out of her character, Elizabeth decided that she'd actually do something. She grabbed three different vials from her bag alongside two slabs of meat and, being the prepared one she was, a large pan. She brought it all by the stove and then glanced over at Ashour. "Start this," she demanded, not willing to touch the wood nor try to learn how one was actually supposed to start a fire.
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Lethe

Ashour quickly set a fire going in the fireplace, which spread an immediate warmth throughout the tent. He then went about lighting the stove as he was asked, or rather commanded, before laying his weapons in a weapon rack and removing his armor onto a dummy. He only had two piece of the Blood Moon Lupine armor set of legend, the gauntlets and the chest plate. He still had yet to find the Pauldrons, the plate legs, or the greaves. But it was all a matter of time.

"To save you the time of wondering, the most comfortable bed is the third on down, top bunk." He turned a chair around and sat, as so the back of the chair was concealing view from the majority of his front, on the opposing side of the kitchen. It wasn't overly large, but it had plenty of space for as many as four people to be doing things at once, "tell me about yourself, what makes you trust some random stranger you just met? This world is a sick place, any number of things could happen to a trusting young woman such as yourself."

zozee9

Elizabeth, content with the fire, started to cook the meat. She poured a small dose of all three of the liquids on the meat, giving it a rich and seasoned smell. Glancing over at the beds, she nodded and took note of what he said. Clearly that bed would be hers.

"You're a knight, first off. And what makes you think I'd be safer alone? A rich, pretty, young girl like me is more likely to get robbed or poisoned by ogres than for it to be smart to stay alone. So better take my chances with a knight, right?" she responded. Though, on a second thought, maybe following him wasn't the best choice of action...

Lethe

Ashour's refined sense of smell only added to the mouthwatering effect, he quietly swallowed down his saliva. "Unfortunately, Freelance Knight often means part time brigand. But you lucked out. Besides, I don't care much for killing people that haven't done something to deserve it. So what is in the vials? It smells amazing, not going to poison me are you?" Ashour chuckled off that last part. Poisons in food had a tendency to smell sickeningly sweet, so this wasn't poison as far as he could tell. "Well, I've asked a question, feel free to ask one yourself."

zozee9

Smiling pridefully, Elizabeth responded, "They're seasonings. My dad owns a potion shop, and he sells all kinds of things." Sold. "So I have plenty of potions to help me through all sorts of things. And yes, poison is included. But these aren't poisoned, I promise you."

Pausing, she flipped over the meat. The delicious smells grew stronger as they continued to waft into the air. "A question?" she repeated hesitantly. Did he think he was important enough that she'd want to know about him? That she cared? Well, maybe it would be good to know a thing or two... "Fine. Do you have any magic?"

Lethe

"Do I. Have. Any magic." He slowly enunciated, as if comically pondering the absurd notion.

Very slowly, the meat raised from the pan and spun in the air, seemingly unaided by anything, before resting back into the pan. "I'd say so, simple telekenetics. Not to mention a sharpened sense of sight, smell, and hearing."

zozee9

"Wretched thing," Elizabeth muttered under her breath. Well, even she had to admit that magic might be useful in a time like this. Telekinetic could help them get away if ambushed, and heightened senses might be able to stop them from getting ambushed at all...

... but heightened senses and magic were both connected to one thing Elizabeth disliked very much. "Tell me, are you part fae?" she asked with unmasked disgust.

Lethe

Ashour smiled a very wolfish grin before stretching, several joints creaked and a few popped before he answered. "Not a drop of Fae Blood in me. And yourself? Serenians are known to share a certain heritable tie to the fair folk?"