Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Liar, liar, liar, thief

Started by Anadwen, March 22, 2014, 10:30:54 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

Uthlyn was a lively city. It has always been, as long as Artemis remembered, a loud and busy one, too. That was often useful, especially for picking pockets unnoticed, and blending into the crowds.

However, now he wished for some empty streets. At least one that wouldn't be full of people, watching him and turning their heads as he passed by, panting, covered in blood and mud. Being chased by a group of angry thugs was difficult enough as it was! And people around, giving him disdainful and suspicious looks weren't helping at the slightest.

Some woman shouted something at him as he accidentally bashed into her with his shoulder, waving her fist at him, but he paid no heed to her. What he needed was to get away from here as fast as he could, before they catch him and hurt him more than they already did. He cringed at the thought, and pressed his right hand, which was the source of the blood that covered his shirt and cape, along with a stream from his mouth.

The labyrinth of streets and markets would offer a good place to hide and disappear, if this band wouldn't be completely certain who they are searching for. And disappearing when you look so unusually as he did was not easy at the slightest. In fact, it was more than difficult.

Without looking where he's going, it was also dangerous - and he unknowingly bashed head first into some girl. Whatever just happened has left him in utter surprise, on the ground, where the crash has made him fall. He blinked, rubbing his head with the other hand. Now they'll definitely find him...

"I wasn't here, don't tell anyone I was here! I went the other way... If they asked..." he glanced over his shoulder, standing up, but it appeared that it was already late... A tall figure appeared in the crowd. And it didn't appear friendly.

DoubleTroublez

Today was like any other days, for Arabella anyway, exploring the streets and markets, getting to know other people, and of course, looking for a place to stay for awhile. As she walk down the street, she start humming a tune happily.

"What a good d-"

Before she could finish her sentence, something solid hard crash into her, making her fall on the ground. She rubbed her head and look at the person, and her eyes widen, he was covered in blood!

"I wasn't here, don't tell anyone I was here! I went the other way... If they asked..." he glanced over his shoulder, standing up.

Arabella stood up and follow his glance to see a tall figure, looking not friendly at all, walking toward them. I have to help him, she thought, but how? Without thinking, she grab is hand and ran through the crowds, hoping that they won't get caught.

"Why do I always get caught in these kind of thing?" She mumbled to herself then look back at the bloody guy, to check if he's alright.

Anadwen

"Stop! Where are you dragging me?" Artemis hissed at her, trying to yank his hand out of her grip. She just grabbed him and started running... Well, he should be thankful for the help. But that would only mean she'd get into his trouble.

He shook his head, dragging them the opposite way. "If you don't want to get to trouble, you should better start running the other way..."

DoubleTroublez

Arabella looked at him, confused, as he drag them in other direction. What is wrong with this guy? She thought to herself, does he really want to get caught?

"Do you really want to get caught?" She asked, ignoring the fact that he hissed at her. She didn't even know what he did, or who he is, but she didn't have time to think about it right now because someone is probably trying to find them.

She looked at him and grinned, "besides, you're bleeding and we need to stop the blood, I don't care if I get into a bit of trouble for helping a guy."

Anadwen

What was wrong with her? Did she really want the trouble? "Fine then... Come this way." He nodded his head at one of the backstreets. There was an open door, leading into an underground cellar through a steep staircase, appearing like a deep hole in the ground.

That was where he pulled her, into the door, which he immediately closed behind them, right after he pushed her into the cellar. A couple of candles burned on the sides of the staircase, but otherwise, it was dark.

He blocked the door with a thick wooden bar, and made a few steps down the stairs, wiping the blood off his mouth with the back of his uninjured hand. "I don't know who you are, or what you are, but this way you're gonna get to trouble. And by trouble, I mean deep shit trouble." he muttered.

DoubleTroublez

After he closed the door behind them, she couldn't see anything, apart from the candles on the sides of the staircase that she's standing on.

Arabella stands still, waiting for her eyes to adjust to the darkness a little because she didn't want to clumsily fell of the stairs. Once she can see properly, she notice they were in an underground cellar. She never thought there were this kind of place, an underground cellar, around here. This place is perfect for hiding...she'd love to have a place like this so no one can find her.

She carefully walked down and said, "oh right, I forgot, my name is Arabella, nice to meet you uh... And what kind of trouble exactly?"

Anadwen

"Trouble with thugs and thieves. Not something you'd want, I bet." he replied grimly, taking one of the candles into his hand and quickly walking down the stairs. They were steep and narrow, though that wasn't too much of a problem for his skinny figure, and he stepped from one to another almost noiselessly. The air in the cellar was somewhat damp, though the wooden floor, apparently laid onto clay, was quite clean, not showing any signs of mold or mud.

"You look young. I'd be careful on your place. There are many people that want no good around here..."

DoubleTroublez

"I bet I can handle them," she replied and following him down the stairs quickly and as quiet as she could, "I'm stuck here for awhile anyway, so I doubt any bad would happen to me."

Arabella couldn't help but look at his injured hand and asked, "what happened that cause you to run?"

Anadwen

"I had something they wanted to take." he replied plainly, slowing down already. The cellar was small, with only one room by the corridor, and another door on its end.

Artemis led them to the room, very similar to the staircase itself - wooden floor, piles of dust everywhere around, and a quite low ceiling. There was only one small bed on the floor, and a table with a few candles, half melted, drops of wax adorning their cylindrical shapes. His hand with the candle moved towards those, lighting the knots in the pale wax, and putting the first candle beside them before he dropped onto the pile of rugged blankets beside, rubbing his temples with his left hand, while the right one rested on his legs, bent underneath him.

DoubleTroublez

"Oh," was all she replied. She stood next to the table, looking around the cellar, it wasn't much but someone can live here. She look at him and notice he looked thin...maybe he didn't eat enough. Then she realized that she was going to get something for tonight's dinner at the market, before she crashed into him.

She walked over to him and grab his injured hand gently to look at the injury, "the wound needs cleaning, and seems like you do too."

Anadwen

Artemis jerked himself, immediately pulling his hand away from her. Even though it was covered by a leather glove, there was enough of it exposed by the gash across his palm and wrist to trigger the usual reaction - freezing. Even though the touch was so brief, it would already cover Arabella's hands in a thin crust of ice.

"Ow... No, don't touch me!" he hissed, covering in the corner. It wasn't safe, not here...

DoubleTroublez

"I'm sorry..." she mumbled.

Arabella took a step back, holding both her hands that start feeling the coldness together. She look at him surprised, he can use magic? Not just a magic...he can control ice? She just stared at him, her hand didn't freeze only because she could control the ice, but for her to feel the cold, he must be stronger than her, besides, she is only half demon after all.

"It's okay, you won't freeze me, not as fast anyway," she mumbled the last bit, so he wouldn't worry about it. Slowly she took a two steps towards him, who's in the corner, with calm expression.

Anadwen

Artemis shook his head, turning away from her. "No, I'd definitely freeze you. Sooner or later. If... If you really want to help, then in a different way." he muttered.

It always happened... Whenever someone touched him, however briefly, they froze. Though, this girl was lucky - she seemed to somehow control the frost. Another mage?

DoubleTroublez

Arabella sighed, shaking her head as she walked towards him and stopped when she's standing in front of him, "what can I help you with?"

She sat down right next to him carefully so she doesn't touch him like he said earlier, and said confidently, holding her pinky out towards him, "you won't freeze me, I promise!"

Anadwen

"Just get some thread and a needle. There's a box in the corner, and some things inside it. Should be in there." Artemis informed her, shifting to a slightly more relaxed stance, but when she sat down beside him, he shook his head.

"No, really. It's not safe. It could kill you."