Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Through the Fire, Dancing

Started by Lion, November 23, 2013, 12:39:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"It is what Ansgar would want..."

The words were mulled over and over again in his mind.  His jaw was hardened and his eyes burned like glacial ice.  "How can we possibly know what Ansgar wants," he murmured.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Father Lionel gave Merric a trying smile.
"Patience is something often preached, Father Merric. Take each day with stride. Although... I know you've come here... to discuss other things besides your young trainee. Pray, tell me- what is it you two have found in the ruins?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Merric didn't comment on the matter of Kentamin, his mind was already made up on it regardless, so he afforded Father Lionel only a small glance.  "The chapel in Uthlyn was deliberately destroyed.  We don't know who, but there were priests there that were doing something unknown to even the Order.  We uncovered a body, a poor attempt to hide his identity.  It is unlikely the fire was caused by the priests attempting to cover their tracks.  It is a high chance that they were dissidents of some kind.  Curious that Lord Arrant should mention visiting the very same church and being so candid about it being burnt to the ground."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Yes, I was.. hoping the matter would not reach noble ears. You know how they can be," Father Lionel added dryly. "But was there... other news from your find?" He asked curiously, trying to hastily change the subject from Lord Arrant back to the matter at hand.
"Was it obvious what the church was doing?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Mercuxio's eyes remained ice cold, even letting the topic of Leif Arrant wash over him.  "Not at first glance," he answered simply.  "It took a little investigating.  I believe, the other evidence collected is being catalogued this minute.  We still have to do a proper inspection of the body, as rotted out as it is."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Yes," Father Lionel said, staring off thoughtfully as he mused over what Father Merric said. "So I take it you won't be here all that long. Unless.. certain questions arrive?"

Lion

"As long as necessary," Mercuxio remarked.  His eyes softened a little then he turned toward Lionel and nodded to outside.  "How long ago did Lord Arrant arrive?  What is he doing here?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Father Lionel blinked.
"He just arrived barely half an hour before you two did. Why?"

Lion

"What would a noble of means be doing out here in a chapel in the middle of nowhere.  We are at least a hundred miles out from any main road.  Doesn't it strike you as odd that he arrived just moments before we did.  Not to mention, saying he was present at the church before it burned down?" Merric said, masking is irritation.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Father Lionel blinked before he started laughing.
"Lord Leif Arrant is a strange one. Said he got even worse when his sister died, poor thing. And she was a mage." He marked himself before setting his gaze back to Merric. "But I don't question any of the sheep in the flock, Father Merric- and neither should you. We all find our way to Ansgar in one way or another."

Lion

"Right," Merric replied dryly.  "I'll try to keep that in mind."  He forced a cough to interrupt their exchange, no longer feeling as if Father Lionel really knew what was going on here.  He was just a Patron after all and in care of the Sanctum beneath the Abbey.  The cough still was quiet and he moved from behind the other priest and back into the confession box.  The priest followed him and they both signed across their hearts before making exit of the confessional.

"Please, Father Lionel," Mercuxio asked.  "Tell me where I can find Lord Arrant again.  I believe I'd like to pay my respects to his sister.  We were childhood friends once upon a time."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Ah, he might be in the back room. He wanted to stay here to gain some guidance. He said he had some questions about the church."

Lion

"Thank you Father," Merric bowed his head and took leave of Father Lionel's repressive presence.  The man was a dolt.  And that was why he would never rise above his current.  He walked quietly to the back rooms, the father's quarters and his lay priests and saw Leif there, brooding as ever.  "You never told me about your sister," he said in a soft voice.  "I'm sorry for your loss."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Leif had been pretending to pray, so when Merric entered, his expression only deepened in it's irritation. And at his words, he snorted.
"My parents didn't want it to become a big thing. Not that it mattered. Word gets out easily when one is found out to be a mage."
He was surprised Merric even pretended not to know- unless he had been living under a rock these past few years. Maybe that was the real problem with the church.

Lion

"I know you never approved of me.  Particularly in regards to her.  I have sisters.  I would understand that sentiment," he continued, moving to stand just beside him and kneeling on his own.  "But I just want you to know that it did matter.  To me at least.  She was a good person, regardless of what she was branded.  Attalia always deserved better.  Better than her fate, better than death, better than me."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Leif's lips curled at the other man's words.
"Yes, too bad not everyone felt that way," he told the man curtly. "Now if you'll forgive me, I'm trying to pray, Father Merric." And the title came out bitterly.

Lion

"I apologize for my intrusion.  Please, allow me to pray with you."  And for you, though he was thinking it, he did not say it and he knelt beside Leif and dropped his chin to  his chest.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Lief's brows dipped sharply.
"I prefer to pray alone."

Lion

"Then pretend I'm not even here," he said with a curt nod and held his hands before his own chest.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

The anger associated with that remark- and just Father Merric's presence; was enough to grate on his nerves, and after enduring a few long minutes of this- Leif suddenly stood up. And he glared at the back of Merric's head before turning heal and heading towards the door.