Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ye Olde Gaol (CLOSED)

Started by Brisinger987, December 06, 2013, 03:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

Grazen just held Janette as she poured her heart out to him. She had had a rough life, and in that moment Grazen became determined to make her life better. He would be everything she ever needed and more.

"Janette," he said softly. "If I could erase all of the horrible things that have ever happened to you I would, but I can't. What I can do is make sure that the rest of your life is the kind of life you deserved from the beginning. I promise you, Janette, that I will be the man you deserve and that I will give you the life you deserve."

Brisinger987

"I'm sorry, I didn't mean to just bring it all up like that, to bring everything on you..." Janette was still shaking ever so slightly, and she couldn't believe she had done it. She had opened up to him.

"Thank you..."

Wicked Basket

"Don't be sorry," Grazen replied, gently removing a strand of hair from her face. "You couldn't keep it bottled up inside forever. Now, come on. Let's get back to sleeping."

Grazen picked Janette up and placed her gently back onto the bed. He then climbed onto the bed right next to her, covered them both, wrapped his arms around her, and gave her a kiss.

"The past is the past," he whispered. "All that matters now is the future. Our future."

Brisinger987

Janette was still shaking uncontrollably, unable to escape the memories now. They were clearer to ever than her, and she couldn't shake the feeling.

Eventually, she decided she couldn't take it anymore, and got out of bed, and began to pace.

Wicked Basket

Grazen was kind of disappointed when Janette got out of bed. He had just got comfortable again. As she paced back and forth, he just watched. He didn't know what to do or say to make her feel better. How did one soothe a very upset young woman? Perhaps if he shared a bit more about his own past. Would that work? Maybe if he got her focused on him, she would forget about her own problems. He didn't like her worrying about him, but it was better than what she was doing now.

"I also have a lot of regrets," Grazen said, resting his head on his hands. "I killed a lot of people that I didn't want to, and I had no say in the matter. One of the things I remember the most, is the orphanage."

Brisinger987

Something in Janette's brain had stopped turning, and she didn't even hear him. She could still see her dream in her eyes, even in her waking moments. Was this a curse? The curse of this endless nightmare in her head? Or was it a side effect of not taking her "medicine"?

Her body answered that question, as she suddenly began tearing her room apart, looking for the vial of liquid, this new found energy only akin to that of a smoker who had lost the last packet of cigarettes on earth.

She began to mutter incoherently, and her addiction took her body completely, leaving her mind to see that nightmare.

"Where? Here? No. When? Want. No, need. Now. Where is it?!"

Wicked Basket

Grazen wasn't entirely sure how to react to Janette's sudden outburst, but he quickly came up with something. He leaped out of bed and caught Janette by the shoulders in the middle of her frantic search for..... something.

"Janette, what is it? What are you looking for?"

Brisinger987

Janette turned on him like a cornered rat, taking him to the floor.

"YOU CAN'T HAVE IT, IT'S MINE!" She screamed at him, before getting off him and continuing to search.

"Demon Tears, blue vial, find it!" She pulled out her clothes and began to toss them over the room.

"Find. I have to find it. I need my dose... To keep the dreams away."

Wicked Basket

Grazen propped himself up on his elbows and scratched his head. She had mentioned something about that before, but he didn't know that she kept some on hand. At the moment it seemed that she could not find these Demon Tears she was looking for. Grazen wondered if whether or not he should help her look, but he wasn't entirely sure he should due to the violent reaction he got just asking about them. Maybe she would find them?

Brisinger987

She finished dismantling her wardrobe and screamed in frustration before throwing a singular pillow on her bed across the room.

And there it laid, the glowing cyan vial, it's presence dirtying the air. It was very clearly non-medicinal.

Janette cradled the vial for a minute before removing the cap, and sitting down.

"I can go back, make my dreams go away. Just one dose..." The syringe cap extended, enchanted by an illegal enchanter, and Janette pointed it to her eye.

"I can see them again... My family... My real family..."

Wicked Basket

Grazen immediately sprung into action and latched onto Janette's arm.

"Hold on a second," he said. "What exactly is this stuff? Something doesn't feel right about it."

Brisinger987

Janette froze, and felt the small droplet that had landed on her eye take effect. She hadn't ever tried it as a droplet before.

She felt a burning sensation as the droplet soaked in, and began to turn her eye black.

"It's perfection... Heaven..." As she spoke, the eye seemed to slowly blacken.

"Where are they all? I can't see them!" She was about to back away, but then she felt her eye watering. And she began to bleed.

Wicked Basket

Grazen simply watched curiously as her eye began to turn completely black. That couldn't be good. When Janette then started bleeding he knew that it was definitely not good. Whatever that stuff was it was bad for Janette and had to go. Grazen ripped the vial from Janette's hand and threw it across the room, the vial shattering against the wall.

"We need to get you to a doctor right now," Grazen said urgently as he scooped Janette up in his arms.

Brisinger987

"No! They're all gone! Noooo! No, no, no! NOOOOOOO!" Janette yelled, squirming out of Grazen's arms and crawling into the corner, shaking and letting tears roll down her eyes.

"They can't be gone! They can't be! They were always there for me! They let me live!" She began sobbing, the blood coming from her tear duct beginning to slow and stop. But her eye was completely changed, gone from it's original green, to a black and red.

"I thought that it was supposed to be good! It has never done this before!"

Wicked Basket

Grazen was at Janette's side immediately.

"Who's gone? What do you mean it has never done this before? What are you talking about?"

Brisinger987

Janette settled down a bit.

"I'm sorry, I... It's an addiction." Janette sighed, upset over Grazen needing to know.

"Demon's Tears. Ever heard of it?" She opened her eye, and it was a swirl of red and black, the red visibly glowing.

Wicked Basket

"I have," Grazen replied. "I've been hired to kill people over it, but I'm not entirely sure what it is outside of some kind of drug."

Brisinger987

"That's just it! It's a drug, designed to take you to a haven, a world of pure bliss and happiness. It's not supposed to do this!" Janette began to panic again. The world was blood red, and it seemed to glow.

"We need a mage healer! Demon's Tears is produced by magical means, so I have to get a mage healer!"

Wicked Basket

"Then we will find one," Grazen announced standing up. "Let's go."

Brisinger987

"I can't just waltz outside with my eye like this you dumbass! Oh Angsar above give me strength!" She said as she got up. She got herself dressed, and tried to find something to cover her eye.