Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ye Olde Gaol (CLOSED)

Started by Brisinger987, December 06, 2013, 03:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

"Well, then what if you just stay here and I bring a healer back here," Grazen suggested.

Brisinger987

"That sounds sensible I suppose..." She sighed, resigning herself to that idea.

It made sense though, as it avoided the problems she had envisioned.

Unbeknown to both yet, Megraph had begun drinking the tainted Demon's Tears, and was beginning to make a connection with Janette.

Wicked Basket

"I won't be long."

Grazen made himself presentable and left through the window. There was no time to go out the door, this was an emergency. He wasted no time and quickly found a healer. The healer wasn't too happy about being woken up and was quite reluctant to go with the strange man that appeared at his door, but when Grazen pulled a knife on him he reconsidered.

Grazen was soon on his way back to Janette, pushing the healer along with him. He didn't let the healer leave his sight for fear of him running off. He didn't have time to look for another one, so this healer was going to fix Janette even if Grazen had to break his legs and carry him.

Brisinger987

Janette tried to force a smile, but she knew that there was no chance of it happening.

As Grazen left, she began to arrange herself in an orderly fashion, before the sounds of knocking were heard on the door, and a gruff voice shouted through.

"This is a guard's inspection, open up!" The voice carried into the room and Janette froze, terrified. Megraph rose to protect her, and she found herself truly afraid.

She made one final attempt to hide her true identity, by slashing her face with a knife. Hopefully it would stave the identification off long enough for her to be rescued. Or executed.

Then, very suddenly, the door exploded, and Janette saw the men entering, wielding huge weapons.

She cowered in fear, and in her idiocy, stared at them with her cursed eye.

"Witch-mage! Arrest her!" The man shouted, before Megraph hissed loudly at him, and caught his attention.

Wicked Basket

Grazen noticed the armed men standing outside immediately. They were arresting Janette for some reason. He wanted to stop them, but all he had was a knife and the guards were heavily armed and armored. Grazen wouldn't stand a chance. His best bet was to trail the guards, find out where they took Janette, and then return there to rescue her with the appropriate tools for the job. Grazen let the frazzled healer go and watched the guards to see where they would take Janette.

Brisinger987

The heavy guards came in, mordecai included, and began to shackle and restrain Janette. That was when Megraph bit one, and in her head, a voice boomed.

"NOOOO!" Megraph's mind screamed. and Janette watched in shock as Megraph's fangs sunk into a guard's arm.

The man threw Megraph off, and the other guards restrained the snake as well.

"Don't kill him! Don't kill my snake!" She had to think fast. The snake had to be vital for her survival.

"My soul is stored in that snake. If you kill it, I'll die! And I don't think you want my death getting out... Considering I'm the Grand-Duke's cousin." The lie was the same as when she was drunk at the ball and had lied to try and get in bed with that guard. And she hoped it would hold them off long enough for her to survive.

The guards held Megraph in a cage, and threw the two into a cart, which began moving slowly through town. People who supported the Grand-Duke's regime pelted the cart with all manner of objects. One threw a glass bottle which shattered and cut Janette's face.

"I'm screwed..."

Wicked Basket

Grazen followed the cart through town, concealed by the surrounding crowd. He made no effort to stand out, but the individual who had thrown the bottle did find themselves in a world of hurt after Grazen saw what they had done. It was not time to reveal himself yet. Once he discovered their destination and where they were going to keep Janette he would come back fully armed and equipped to set her free. Those guards would know regret like they've never known before.