Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Ye Olde Gaol (CLOSED)

Started by Brisinger987, December 06, 2013, 03:41:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Wicked Basket

Grazen knew immediately that something wasn't right. Having a demon trapped inside of himself had made him quite familiar with recognizing demons and demonic possessions, and this was one of those. The first major tip-off was that her eyes were glowing yellow. The second was the fact that she seemed to have lost her mind.
Fortunately, Grazen was still sitting when she swung at him so he was able to simply lean back to avoid the blow. After that, he swept out her legs from beneath her and caught her as she fell. Finally, he did something that had worked for him in the past; he slapped her, hard. The slap would not have done any serious injury, dislocating her jaw at worst, but it still would hurt like hell. Grazen figured that it would be enough to snap her out of it, mostly because option number two was not very desirable after already being in prison for killing people.

Brisinger987

Janette snapped back to reality for a minute when he slapped her, and there she stayed for now. She took a minute to evaluate what she had just been through, before she started trembling and shaking as she tried to pull away from Grazen, scared she might kill him.

She didn't know what was happening to her, and it had happened so fast for her. She could still feel the demon's thoughts leaking into her mind, and she thought that Grazen had something to do with it all.

"What did you do to me?!" She wrenched herself away from him, scrambling to the other side of the room.

Wicked Basket

''I didn't do anything,'' Grazen replied. ''But I do believe that you have acquired some unwanted company, though I do not know where it came from.''
Grazen began going over what had just occurred to try to figure out what could have happened. A demon can stay dormant within someone as long as it desires so it could have been inside of her for quite some time. It also  had emerged once she was in danger as if it wanted to protect its host. It seemed different from the one Grazen had within himself because her eyes glowed yellow instead of red. He did not have much information to go off of and they didn't really have access to someone who would know more. The main concern right now was to try to explain to her about her new guest.

Brisinger987

"Unwanted company? We are not unwanted company!" Janette's eyes flashed yellow for a second as the twin demons inside her spoke out for a second before returning to whatever they were doing.

Janette was freaking out, as she could hear two demons talking in her head that she didn't understand and she could feel so much she had never felt before. So much. She didn't understand anything that was happening, and that scared her.

"What's going on?" Janette sobbed as put her head in her hands. If this was that angel punishing her, she might actually cry. And if it was just some sick prank by the demon in Grazen she might actually kill him.

Wicked Basket

"I'm not sure," Grazen replied, "but it seems that a pair of demons have found a new place to call home."
Grazen stood and approached her.
"You need to calm down. Demons are strongest during emotional imbalance. You need to calm down."

Brisinger987

"We have found a home, and we love her so...." Janette's eyes were alternating between that glowing yellow and their natural colour.

Then when Grazen reached a certain point, she snarled at him. "STAY AWAY FROM US, HUMAN FILTH!"

When the sentence finished, Janette simply just crumpled to the floor, fainting either out of fear, shock or a combination of both.

Wicked Basket

Grazen was unsure of what to do. He briefly considered calling the guards to go get help, but they probably wouldn't have believed him. Grazen grabbed the blanket, rolled it back up into a pillow, and placed it under Janette's head. He'll explain what happened when she woke up.

Brisinger987

Janette came to about ten minutes later, the demons inside her having exhausted themselves of their limited amounts of energy. She could hardly remember what had happened, so instead she just laid there.

"Grazen? Are you there?" Janette spoke softly, the snippets she remembered being horrific and terrifying to her. She wanted it to be a dream. To be a nightmare that was just caused by his demon's small incident, and that she had passed out due to lack of oxygen.

Wicked Basket

"I'm right here," Grazen replied. He had been sitting cross-legged on the floor next to Janette the whole time.
"It seems that I'm not the only one with demon troubles. You seem to have acquired a pair of them."
That was about as sugar-coated Grazen made things when it came to serious matters. Now came the fun part: her reaction.

Brisinger987

"So... It wasn't a dream?" The look of pure dread on Janette's face would have been very clear as she processed the information. No amount of emotion would awaken the demons for now, not until they had rested adequately.

"Oh sweet Angsar, no-no-no-no-no-no-noooo...." Janette began to hyperventilate, terrified of what was going to happen to her now. Grazen only knew about how to deal with one demon, two was another league entirely.

Wicked Basket

"Ansgar can't help you," Grazen said standing up. "But, I might be able to offer a little input. I have done a bit of research on demons since I acquired mine. You probably already figured out that they are triggered by emotion, but it's usually only one in particular. Mine is stirred by anger, hence the red eyes; your eyes, however, turn yellow. Yellow is the color of fear, which means that fear is, most likely, what stirs the demons within you. You feared for your life and, by doing so, awakened the demons. That's my theory anyway."

Brisinger987

Janette felt that whatever she had read might have some relevance.

"But doesn't the appearance of the possession depend on the nature of the possession? A possession like mine is bound to be different to yours, even if it was yours that triggered it. I mean, it might be that while they feed off my fear, that may not be the emotion they awaken to. It may well be they awaken to any strong negative emotion." Janette knew that her "light reading" would pay off one day. Just not in the form of her own demonic possession.

Wicked Basket

"I said that my explanation was a theory,'' he told her, "I could very easily be right or wrong. There's no telling how long these demons have been inside you. They could have been dormant for a long time."

Brisinger987

"Well now you have no right to be grumpy, because I'm suffering with you. Enjoy it. Miserable git." Janette didn't know what else to say right now. She was completely speechless. Either she had the worst luck imaginable, or something was just justifying her imminent death.

She didn't want to believe either explanation for this.

"Well what now? What do I do now?" There were no exorcists in Connlaoth, not that weren't the church. The church would try and exorcise the demons and if they failed, they would burn her at the stake. Not an option.

Wicked Basket

"You haven't helplessly watched all those you care about get torn apart by your own two hands," Grazen shot back at her. "I have more rights than most to be grumpy and miserable."
Grazen went back and sat back down in his corner of the cell.
"All there is to do now is stay calm and keep your emotions in check. The moment you get riled up, those demons will start worming their way out."

Brisinger987

"This is going to be fun, because lots of things rile me up, and anger me." Janette sighed. Then she remembered her family. Her family.

"What about my family? They're not going to die are they?"

Wicked Basket

"Your family will be fine as long as you be careful," Grazen replied. "You are now very dangerous. Demons are unpredictable and there's no telling what they will do."
Although Grazen didn't show it, he was slightly worried. His own demon and Janette's twin demons were now all confined in one small space. It was extremely important, now more than ever, to keeps tabs on himself. Hopefully she could too.

Brisinger987

"That's not good enough! You just expect us to keep ourselves in check?! HOW DARE YOU!" Janette's worried tone turned to anger as she took a step forward, but the demons in her were too eager and found themselves tired again.

"Please help me figure this out... I don't want to live like this...." Janette was terrified of herself. She had adequate power over Grazen now, they could be physical equals. It was the demons that determined this.

Wicked Basket

Grazen could tell that things were getting worse. His own demon also sensed Janette's growing power and was urging Grazen to kill Janette while he still had a good chance of success. She was acting quite unlike herself. Her temper had become very volatile and she was liable to snap if he said the wrong thing. He knew that if her demons took over and attacked, his own demon would want to retaliate; and Grazen would have to allow it to if he wanted to survive.
"I don't want to live like this either," Grazen replied calmly. "And yes, you do have to keep yourself in check. The demons within you are very eager and will try to escape in any way possible. Just find some way to relax and remain calm. Then, we will try to figure something out."
Grazen exhaled slowly. It had grown much easier for him to calm his nerves over the years, especially since he found out what worked best for him: philosophy. He would simply sit and think in depth about whatever would pop into his mind. Grazen highly doubted that it would work with Janette though.

Brisinger987

"I can hear them... Their thoughts... Can demons dream?" Janette was hoping that they didn't. She didn't want to know any more of them or their world. Her mind began to wonder who did this to her. Obviously Grazen did.

You should kill him Janette...
No... Don't kill him...
Why not?
Mate with him...
No! Do not take us anywhere near him...

Janette was freaking out. These demons were talking to her, telling her to do things. She was scared, scared for all the people around her, scared for the new feelings she felt.