Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lunair and Shades; two enemies searching for the same thing.

Started by Widow15, December 08, 2013, 02:32:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Widow15

The harsh wind blew all around the harsh snow tipped mountain as two figures made there way down the mountain slope. The two young women did not speak, and the tension was high around them. Lunair, the elven warrior with primal magic and brown and silver hair, walked besides Shades, the human with great magical abilities, along with red and black hair. Neither would speak, however, for they both detest one anouther. Finally, close to the bottem, Lunair stopped, brushing her long straight hair from her brown and golden eyes. "Perhaps we should stop here, to rest." Shades looked at her, her eyes narrowing. "What? We are so close to the bottem. We will continue." "No, we will stop. We need our rest." "No!" Shades yelled at Lunair, her purple eyes turning red.

Brisinger987

A thunderous crack filled the air as a gaping portal opened, and the heat of whatever lay beyond the blackness emanated out. The smell of brimstone and smoke filled the air around the portal, which had opened in sight of the two women.

It was a few seconds before anything happened.

Another thunderous crack filled the sky.

This time, the portal disappeared, and where it had been, stood a single statue.

The statue seemed strange, unmoving and eerie. It depicted a single being, a tall humanoid, with no features whatsoever. Literally a statue of a wooden mannequin.

The statue held an aura that literally demanded to be examined, attempting to bring anyone nearby to touch the statue.

Widow15

"Fine!" Lunair growled angrily. "We shall move on. But I was only thinking of your health, Shades." Shades scowled at the young elf. "You should not worry of my health. Besides, my sister and your friend's saftey is more important." They continued on to the base of the mountain, when Lunair stopped Shades, using her arm to block her path. "What do you think your-" she stopped seeing what Lunair had stopped her for. A tall, humanoid statue with a strong pulling arua. "What...is that?" Shades wondered. Lunair said nothing, but took her ivory bow and sharp pointed arrow, making her way towards the statue. "No, Lunair, stop." Shades said, consered. "Do not go any closer. I don't trust this....thing." Lunair smirked, and kept coming closer. "Do not worry for my saftey, Shades. I will be fine."

Brisinger987

The statue just stayed completely motionless, trying to draw people in to touch it.

"Come closer...." The voice would seem to be a telepathic voice, scratching at the back of their skulls, along with an amplified urge to come and touch the statue.

((Here is a video with the voice you can hear: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OaRdcVYTjRw))

Widow15

Shades could feal the telepathic voice seep into her mind, but knew better, from expirence, than to obay it. Lunair, however, was captivated by the voice, and could only think of one thing, to touch the statue. Her bow fell to her side as she drew closer, her hand reaching out to feal the tall object. "Lunair, you fool!" Shades called out. "Don't!"

But it was too late, Lunair's hand pressed onto the statue, touching it.

Brisinger987

The statue burst into flames, and from the fire stepped Kirnardaz.

"I love that introduction... Welcome to the end of the world ladies..." Kirnardaz laughed maniacally as he opened up portals everywhere around, demons flooding out of them as they filled the land.

"Make yourselves at home boys... It's going to be a long stay...."

Widow15

Shades stood there, unable to move, unable to think. Lunair, however, quickly pulled up her bow and pointed it straight at the man. "What is going on! Who are you?!" She asked sternly.

Brisinger987

"Ugh, for gods' sakes, I've not moved in the beginning of the apocalypse five minutes and I have arrows pointed at me?! Boys? Deal with them. Fetch Khrouse if you need to." Kirnardaz simply bowed and turned, with a set of about 20 demons breaking off from the horde and attacking the two girls.

Widow15

Lunair moved quickly and swiftly, shooting down as many demons as she could with her bow and arrows. Shades helped as well, using her shadow magic to tear apart the demons, limb by limb. "What are these?! What are they doing?" Lunair called out to Shades. "Isn't it obvious?" Shades called back. "These demons are here to destroy the earth. I've delt with something similiar before, they will not stop for anything."

They were finally able to shoot down the demons, earning many fatal scratches and wound themself. "Why...is this happening?" Lunair panted.

Brisinger987

A lone demon stood, trembling in front of the two women who had felled his comrades. But his eye wasn't looking it them. Rather, between them, fearful of something behind them. But if they turned around, all that would be visible would be a rocky cliff face, and the area they had come from.

Then the chanting started.

"Khrouse. Khrouse. Khrouse. Khrouse." A heavy, thundering footstep shook the ground, and the demon staring directly at Khrouse bolted, hiding in the sea of his comrades watching as the footsteps got louder and louder.

It stopped, and the demons were silent for a moment, waiting for a moment that was so uncertain that it wasn't even possible to bear the thought of what was about to happen.

Then the rocky cliff face literally blew apart, the wall of the cave crumbling under the force of the huge demon behind it.

When the dust settled, it revealed a huge demon, with red, leathery skin covering his body, two bright yellow eyes, wielding a giant, flaming greatsword, which it was forced to hold with two hands. It stood about three times the size of a normal man.

It roared, literally sending the horde of demons running in the opposite direction.

"Mortal.... Bloooooood......"

Widow15

Lunair's eyes widened at the creature, her bow dropping down to her side, fear stricken. "Wha...what IS that?!" She whispered to Shades, who although looked calm, was also struck with fear.

"I don't know, but there is no way we will win a battle with that creature. We must run."
"Run? From that? How?!"
"Just watch."
Shades then released all the shadow magic she could, covering her and Lunair. When she was done, all that was left was the shadows of the two women, the real ones far down the mountain, running as fast as there legs could take them.

Brisinger987

Khrouse roared, slicing the shadows in two, before going on a full blown rampage in what seemed like a random direction. The wrong one.

A portal opened in front of the two women, hoping to trap them in whatever lay beyond it. Kirnardaz was hoping to show them just what Earth would look like when he was done.

Behind them, Khrouse seemed to vanish into the treeline, before the loud sounds of a town's guard bell began to ring, and screams of terror filled the valley as people were slaughtered mercilessly by the demon horde.