Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

So a man walks into a bar...

Started by Cambie, December 09, 2013, 04:13:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cambie

There's no ending to that joke, really.

My name is Cambie, a 26-year-old second year law student, originally from Vancouver but recently relocated to New York City. I've been roleplaying for about 13 years now, mostly through chat-based interactive story RP. This will be my first foray into forum roleplaying, but I specifically needed the switch because it comports with my schedule a whole lot better than chat-based RP (which can take hours at a time). I mostly played in very controlled settings with little to no magical influence, so this transition into a more open world will be both challenging and exciting. I read the background material for this site and really do look forward to being to exercise my creativity.

I haven't given a whole lot of thought to a specific character as of yet, but I've been browsing the Civil War material and think that I might make a character for that storyline. Perhaps a mage who runs an underground to get other mages to safety. His mage status and his activities would put him directly at odds with the status quo, but his questionable character would have other mages questioning his motives, methods, and personal agenda. Maybe a specialization in illusionary magic to go along with the whole vibe of untrustworthiness.

Of course, I'm brand new to all of this, so any suggestions for characters would be welcome. Also, since this IS the exam season (and law school is a doozy), I won't really be actively involved in anything until at least the 20th, my last final. But I do promise to pop in now and then to further develop something playable.

Anyway, I look forward to meeting all of you. Cheers.

zozee9

Hiiiii! I like your username, btw. I'm zozee aka the best person ever. Jkjk everyone on here is amazing. You'll most likely see me in the c-box... But maybe we can thread someday! When we both have time!

In terms of your underground mage idea, well, I think that might work. I'm not the best person to talk to about the civil war (i've ignored most of it), but I do know there are some underground resistances. Free Folk is the one I know about, but they're a group that takes in mages rather than go out and fight. However, I don't believe that there is any official underground movement that is set on fighting for movement (by official I mean that no one has created it on here--i'm sure plenty exist). So I think it would be completely safe for you to start up something like that, and people would certainly join. If you want to know where or how to set that up, just ask me. Or anyone, really.

Anyway, I hope you have fun on here! <3
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Cambie

Thanks for the warm welcome. And I'll definitely keep studying up on this whole Civil War thing. I think I've only scratched the surface of it, but give it time and I'm sure I'll be able to get at least some grasp as to the whole plot.

On a side note, what's the c-box?

zozee9

The chat box. It's on the bottom of the home page. :)
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.