Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Night, Its Call

Started by Lion, December 23, 2013, 05:31:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

"Then I suppose I'll have to shoot you with and arrow and bind your thigh if you really want to be even," Rook quipped back and laughed.  He didn't quite know how, but his arms wrapped around her and he focused more on staying warm, breathing steadily and keeping the warm inside the bear pelt.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Zero

"Don't forget the knee to the groin, although I don't think it would have quite the same impact for me as it did you." Roxanne offered, oh so helpfully. His arms were around her now, when did that happen? Sighing softly she reached up and ran her fingers along his forearms lightly, firelight made her eyes gleam softly as she stared into the flames. "I really am sorry, you know. I never wanted to hurt you."

Lion

Rook gave a soft sigh and peered at her from the corner of his eye.  It was easier to notice now that she was somewhat pretty.  But Rook would not consider himself an expert on what pretty was and was not.  But she was pleasing to look at, to say the least.  He gave a musing hum in response to her words and even laughed a little.  "It's all right," he replied.  "It could have been worse.  Much worse.  But I'll take an arrow to the leg any day over a slit throat and gutted belly.  You were only defending yourself."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Zero

It could have bee worse. At least Roxanne had only gotten him in the leg and not the throat, where she had actually been aiming when he'd lunged at her. "Well at least you've got an interesting story to tell girls when they admire the scars you probably earned tonight." she laughed softly as she teasingly said the next part. "You'll leave out the part where you got your butt kicked by a woman, I'm sure."

Lion

Rook tightened his arms around her a little more.  "I would NOT!" he replied.  "That's the best part of the story.  It's not nearly as funny without it.  I mean it would if I wanted to chase after girls like most young men.  Not sayin' I don't like 'em, but I guess I just think with my head more than my manhood," he smirked.  "But I'm sure you have plenty of men chasing after you, yourself.  You probably have to pry them of with arrow shots to the leg!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Zero

"Who said it was a funny story? Leave out that bit at the beginning and it is a courageous tale about rescuing a damsel and being a hero. You'd have the little lasses swooning and making doe eyes at you from dusk till dawn." Roxanne couldn't help but shake her head, it was true, pretty young things with a nice face and not a lick of sense seemed to eat that up and most the time it was nothing but lies and half-truths.

"Now for me, I will say you're the first one I've ever had to actually shoot. Hard to believe, I know, what with me living out in the middle of nowhere and my delightful personality." She tilted her head back a bit more, pressing closer, enjoying the shared warmth, and maybe just a little more than just that.

Lion

"Bah, who needs swooning lasses," Rook shrugged.  "They croon all over you and want kisses until the night's end and blush when you tell a dirty joke.  Who has time for that?  I don't!  I don't mind a cup of cold mead, a hot meal, and a warm bed to sleep in.  I don't need someone to sleep in it beside me to be satisfied.  Not it doesn't feel like a nice bonus from time to time."

He closed his eyes and relaxed his body against hers, feeling blood spread through his limbs where they'd been frozen stiff before.  Thankfully, his shivering was starting to subside more now, but he wasn't about to let Roxanne out of his embrace.  "You're personality is so delightful, I'm sure you fart out flowers instead of bad gas," he laughed.  "You should shoot everyone you meet in the leg.  It's a great conversation starter."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Zero

"Oh yes, having young women wanting to crawl into your bed sounds just awful." Roxanne agreed solemnly, though she chuckled a moment later. "So tell me, if you don't have patience for giggling girls, who is it that's sleeping in your bed on those 'bonus' nights? Maybe you're into older married women, you scoundrel."

The huntress took one of his hands in both of hers and let her fingers slowly start massaging and caressing his palm to his fingertips. It kept her hands busy and would probably help with circulation. "You think too highly of me, alas, I'm just a woman, I'm afraid I cannot magically pull flowers from any orifice."

Lion

"PFftt!" Rook made a rude sound and laughed.  "I mean, I don't care for airheaded simpletons.  Not to mention they hog the covers."  Her touch surprised him as she massaged his hand, but he did not pull away and instead smiled as she did so.  A different shiver coursed through him, but he ignored it and used his free hand to caress the skin of her forearm as her hands focused on his.

"I wouldn't mind so much if an older, married woman wanted to have a little fun," he laughed.  "As long as her husband isn't twice my size and with a great axe to boot.  Besides, I prefer my women without so many complications."  He chuckled a little, peering at the side of her face.  His hand had moved from her forearm and slid up toward her shoulder, rubbing her skin there to warm her.  "What about you though?  I'm sure you have a man waiting somewhere waiting for you to come home to him.  A husband?  A lover?  Or is it just you and your gryphon?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Zero

"Ah, not into dead weight, good for you. Never did understand why anyone would want someone whose sole redeeming quality was a pretty face. Might seem great at first, but it must get so boring." Roxanne had never had that problem, of course. It was hard to get bored of things that weren't there for very long.

"Complications can be exciting from time to time. If everything went according to plan the world would be a rather dull place. Perhaps keeping it simple in one's love life is for the best, though. Angry spouses are rather volatile." Her hands kept gently working over his, enjoying the feel of them against hers. He had nice hands, she mused as his other one rubbed its way up her arm. "Just Dirk and me. Soon probably just me again."

Lion

"How do you mean?  Just you again?  He's going to be taking a trip somewhere soon?  I don't know much about gryphons but I guess he's part bird, so he'll soon fly south probably," Rook mused thoughtfully.  His eyes flickered toward her hands as she worked thumsb into his palm.  He had rough hands, from years of living in the wild, from stringing and unstringing his bow, from skinning and tanning leathers and here they were now being treated as if they were as delicate as glass.

His hand moved down along her arm, sliding past her elbow and down along her waist, then past her hip and up along her thigh, soon resting at the bend in her knee.  "But I would have to agree...complications can be rather fun.  With the right person."  He gave a smirk, his hand idly rubbing her knee.  "How do you feel?  Hopefully warming up, eh."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Zero

Roxanne blinked, then laughed. "Gryphons don't fly south for the winter - that I know of, Dirk never has. It's just that he's nine years old, with the attitude of a teenager. He'll probably go find him a girl and make some little gryphons of his own soon. So it'll be just me, and that will be fine, like it always was fine before there was a Dirk."

If there weren't goosebumps prickling along her skin, there were as his hand moved down her body. It was the very fact that his hands were rough that she liked about them. They were strong and honest, hands that had a lot of character and personality to them. Hands that had done things. "If you keep it up I imagine we'll both get warmed up - maybe hot even."

Lion

"I'm sure you'll miss him, right?  Nobody has a companion for that long and not feel like there's something miss," Rook went on.  "I'm sure he'll come back."  Rook turned his head into hers, feeling the coolness that remained on her skin and breathed into her. His face moved in toward her neck, brushing the hair on his face against her shoulder, scratching her a little.

"Better hot than cold," he mused, laughing a little.  His hand grabbed hers that massaged his and took his turn to rub the knots and joints that had been built there.  "Don't want to freeze to death..."  Meanwhile his other hand had found it's course down her shin and sought to bring warmth there too.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Zero

"I'll survive." Roxanne didn't want to talk about Dirk, or about being alone. Instead she just wanted to focus on what was happening now. Her eyes closed lightly as she felt his breath on her skin, felt the soft scratch of his rough face on her shoulder. Roxanne twisted her body a bit, shifting so she was facing him slightly.

She gave a hint of a smile as Rook grabbed her hand and began massaging it as she had done for him. He'd find her hands were rough and calloused from a lifetime of hard work as well. "After everything we've already managed to limp through tonight freezing would be an awful way to go," she admitted. Roxanne twisted her body a bit, shifting so she was facing him a little, though she kept her body pressed against him.

Lion

Rook laughed a little.  "I was the only one limping really," he chuckled and faced her a little better assshe twisted against him.  "But yeah, that would be a pretty anticlimactic way to go.  Good thing there's enough heat to share."  His head dipped in toward her neck and planted his lips there against the side of her throat.  Her hands were intesting to hold within his.  Their roughness spoke of years of being outdoors.  It was quite nice really, to find a girl's hands that had been put to use.  He admired them and wanted to know the story they had to tell.

But his hands moved from her leg and arm and down toward her waist, ghosting up her sides, one hand along her belly and another around her back.  His head moved, turning toward the opposite angle and kissed the other side of her throat.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Zero

Whatever Roxanne was going to say was stolen from her lips as her breath hitched softly, feeling the kiss against her throat. It sent a soft tremor through her, blue-grey eyes fluttering closed almost involuntarily as her head tilted back slightly, offering Rook her slender neck more fully.

The way his hands moved over her body sent shivers up and down her spine. It felt like ages since someone had touched her like this. His lips moved to kiss the other side of her throat and her hands moved across his chest, one stopped to lightly squeeze his shoulder, the other moved up, lightly caressing his neck before tracing fingers along his jaw, against the grain of the hair on his face.

"If I didn't know better I would say you were trying to seduce me," she murmured in a throaty whisper.

Lion

[And suddenly he's Mr. Robinson!]

Rook felt her tremors and gave a sly smirk because of them.  "Trying?" he chuckled.  "I'm trying no such thing.  I assure you my intentions are nothing short of honorable.  My-"  He paused to laugh again.  "Well, I guess you've seen through my ploy.  But, well, is it working?"  His hands had taken to exploring the rest of her, his hands like a mild sand paper that coursed up her back and down againt, touching lightly the center of her spine.

Rook grew brave again and pressed his lips more boldly against her neck, this time leaving a trail of kisses that drew down toward her shoulder.  His own heart was beating rapidly, wildly, unreasonably fast.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Zero

[I don't get it. If it's about the hair on his face, I read his profile and it says he sometimes doesn't get to shave, and you said his face scratched her shoulder so I just assumed there was at least a bit of stubble for her to touch. ^^;]

Roxanne laughed softly with him. He couldn't even get the words out with a straight face, oh my. She gave a soft hum as his hands moved up and down her back, sending more tingles and shivers through her spine, before answering. "Oh yes, it is definitely working," she said with slight smirk.

Her hand moved from his cheek to run her fingers through his hair. It was a rich shade of red, she'd never thought of herself as being fond of red hair on men, but he wasn't hard to look at at all. Rook could probably feel her pulse racing against his lips as he trailed them across her skin.

Lion

[LOL! It's a reference to a '60's film called The Graduate, where a very famous scene has an older woman named Mrs. Robinson attempt to seduce a younger man, Ben, and he says: "Mrs. Robinson, you're trying to seduce me."  Except Rook is a man, so that's why I wrote MR. Robinson instead. xD]

"Good, then hopefully I won't seem like such a fool," Rook laughed again.  "Though I don't know how much that can be helped."  Oh, he did feel her pulse and soon his own heart was drumming desperately in his ears.  Rook found his lips moving back up her neck and chin and lingering close to her mouth.  The moment of truth was upon them.  A kiss to the skin was one thing, but for his lips to meet hers...

Rook only hesitated a moment longer before leaning in and taking her lips into his own. His arms instinctively wrapped around her, pulling her up against his chest, tensing and relaxing all at the same time.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

Zero

[Ooooooooh, never seen it. Still is an older woman(technically she IS older than him) and younger man! 8D]

"You talk too much." Roxanne teased gently. A soft purr escaped her as his lips traveled back up, slowly making their way to her chin. As Rook hesitated she found herself holding her breath, there was a tension between them, but then his lips were against hers and she melted into his arms as they wrapped around her. Another soft squeeze was given to his shoulder, while the fingers of her other hand lightly trailed down the back of his neck.