Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

You try having Life tip you upside down...(Open)

Started by Chrysalis, December 29, 2013, 01:32:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Chrysalis

For the second time in her 23 years, Shahara Dahgan was alone, in a country she had never been to...and having to start over. The several weeks journey from Mijak had given her too much time to think of everything that happened. It was like the life she had carved out for herself was all of a sudden, gone. Along with her Sect, the closest thing she had to family. Now here she was, sitting in a tiny inn off the coast of Serendipity. Grateful at least for the shower and new clothes she had acquired, this place was so much colder than Mijak. She missed the dry heat of Et-Annarion already. Thankfully the tiny coastal town was so varied in the languages spoken and the people passing through that she didn't stand out much. The young woman pushed her food around her plate, trying to work up the appetite to eat. Shahara thought she would be starving after weeks of disgusting salted pork and dry biscuit. Her nose wrinkled at the thought of the stuff. Thankfully she had been left alone on the ship, the sailors were well travelled enough to know the blades she carried and the braid in her hair. None of them were stupid enough to test the water.

The Aathjhaka sighed and pushed her plate away from her and glanced around the bottom floor of the inn were the bar was situated and the food was served. No one of note was around. The barmaid looked frankly bored and two men were nursing mugs of ale, whispering amongst themselves like a pair of gossiping fishwives. She had yet to notice any followers from the Cobra's legion but perhaps they would not deign themselves to come out this far. Again why Kyrian split everyone up, harder to track them all down. Shahara sipped the last of her tea before leaving her table, adjusting her teal scarf closer around her neck and heading towards the bar to pay her bill. She caught the barmaid's attention without saying anything and noticed the young woman looking her over, the dark skin, almost white blonde hair and kohl outlined yellow-gold eyes made an interesting combination. Although she did have to think before she spoke in heavily accented common.

"I believe this settles it." Shahara placed the coins down on the bar, the barmaid paused before taking them.

"You look like you came a long way."

The Aathjhaka shrugged. "What can I say? Khalihera has a..." there was a pause while she felt for the right word. "Unique, sense of humour. Tell me, how far to the nearest city?"

She needed to be somewhere well occupied, just incase pursuers had come after her. Somewhere she could blend at least relatively well for the mean time.

Brisinger987

"Ack, do leave the lady in peace... Gods, these humans have no manners..." Kirnardaz's charismatic form pushed past the man that Shahara was talking to, sitting down in front of her. He didn't ask to join her at the table, he just simply sat where he desired. And it happened to be her table.

"My name is Kirnardaz... How are you Shahara?" Kirnardaz didn't feel the need to explain how he knew her name either. He had actually pulled her name from the mind of the Watcher, a demon mutant exposed to the space between realms, which had infinite knowledge of the realms, and the most confusing mind known to be alive. It was insane, immobile and all knowing. And Kirnardaz had gained access to it.

"Ah, I'm stalling again. Let me cut straight to the chase, we have no need of niceties and formalities. I just want to ask you a simple question, to which there is a right or wrong answer." Kirnardaz let out a grim smile, and set a whispering in the room, letting peoples minds hear whispers of things they wanted to hear.

"You could survive..."

Chrysalis

A cold shiver made it's way slowly down Shahara's spine as the stranger seated himself before her, there was something about him that was uneasy. It set all her tuned senses onto high alert, she had learned a long time ago that listening to her gut in general, kept her alive. She didn't show how she was feeling despite the surprise at this strange seemingly pulling her name from the ether...and pronouncing it probably, most foreigners struggled with it. The young woman stayed where she was, shoulders drawn back and yellow-gold eyes carefully scanning the stranger before deigning to reply to him.

"Before I give you an answer to anything, at least give me the decency to say if you're working for that Cobra Empress, my name would not have travelled that quickly across the ocean otherwise."

Shahara crossed her arms loosely over her chest and studied Kirnardaz. The Aathjhaka by nature were not easily intimidated or easily defeated even without magic that the other races possessed. She felt the chill spread through the entire area and it seemed to affect the people around her, there was fear in their behaviours. She knew the signs, she may have hated the Torture side of the Aathjhaka life but it had taught her much about body language. They were avoiding his eyes, facing slightly away if they could, some were making nervous twitches or their breathing was becoming jagged and uneven. She forced herself to sit calmly back in her chair and meet his eyes, relaxing her muscles, a lock of white blonde hair falling into her kohl-lined eyes.

"You could survive..."

What? Did she really hear that? Like an echo in her head...

Wicked Basket

It had been a very long and hard day. After having to go through all the trouble of tracking his query down and then chase him all over the entire town had made Grazen in a very unpleasant mood. He had been trying to unwind in a small inn when the demon within in him informed him of another demonic presence in the room; one of the perks of being possessed. Grazen had no trouble figuring out who it was. Grazen approached the man that had been speaking to the lone woman at the counter.
"Don't listen to him," Grazen warned. "His kind are not to be trusted."

Brisinger987

"Why shouldn't the lady listen to me? She has no right to listen to a possessed human. All the sin and corruption of a normal human, compounded by your possession does nothing to help your case. I am merely her chance at salvation." Kirnardaz smiled through his teeth at Grazen, happily identifying the possessed man in front of him. Then he decided to communicate with the demon in Grazen.

I sense you, but do you hear me, demon? Talk to me now, so that we may discuss how to rid you of mortal restrictions. Kirnardaz decided to continue his conversation with the woman. He wanted to at least catalogue her species for when the destruction to come ensued. It was so close now. He could feel it.

"My lady. What if I told you, I could let you witness the end from the safety of a realm where you are a god? Let you witness the end of the empress you speak of, and the rest of those you despise?" Kirnardaz began his temptations strong. He would work out the little bits as he went along.

Chrysalis

'I'm starting to feel like there's a conspiracy here...'

Shahara couldn't help but think, as one stranger tried to speak to her and another trying to warn her away from him. She didn't like any of this, not a bit. She locked her gaze on Grazen momentarily before speaking.

"Pray tell, Stranger. What exactly would his 'kind' be?" She said calmly in her heavily accented common. She had barely been on this coast for two nights and already something was happening. There had been enough plotting and conspiracy back home...the thought of home made Shahara's insides twist, to have left behind another home and a life she had fought so hard to carve out for herself. The snake was going to pay for this and Shahara had not a qualm about making it very painful. The Empress may have bribed some of the forces onto her side but not all, she would learn that Khalihera did not show mercy to traitors.

Then what Kirnardaz said caught Shahara's full attention. How could he know about her desire to end the life of the traitorous whore? How? She steeled herself and refused to be shown she was taken aback by his knowledge. Was he that well informed? Surely Mijak would have tried to keep the escape of more than one of their precious Aathjhaka sects relatively quiet. They did not like other countries getting involved with their politics unless they were slicing the heads off someone else's politics...

"You, who have you been speaking to?!"

Wicked Basket

'These mortal restrictions cannot be rid of,' the demon said to Kirnardaz. 'Those seals cover his entire body, and they are very powerful as well. I long for freedom, but if he were to perish, I would also.'

"His kind is a demon," Grazen said Shahara. "They're always wandering around and causing trouble." Grazen turned to Kirnardaz and looked him straight in the eyes. "And when that happens, they call me to deal with it."

Slace

Preoccupied as they all were it was unlikely they would notice his silent entry and approach. Due to the warm climate he wore naught but a kilt upon his body. it was decorated in fine silks and precious metals. He was half naked and his skin had aquired a gentle tan from the light he had been exposed to. as he took his seat next to them he held out his hand and multiple drinks would be delivered to the table. for each person there. Ryan smiled as he turned to the possesed human. "This man is not a mere demon." his voice and sudden arrival would be startling to say the least. the spheran warlords friendly smile hid his inner thoughts. "I have not before made his aquintance and its unlikely you know of him but this is kirnardaz. lord of his own realm and akin to a god among his kind." Ryan sipped on his drink and turned to kirnardaz and the girl. "its a pleasure to make your aquantence kirnardaz. And as for you youngling. he is a being of temptation. knowing your desires is as second nature to him."

With that matter settled ryan would adjust his seating  and move right between the demon god and the woman. "now then. as it is obviously not a well kept secret, please do tell me of this empress. why you wish her dead. and why you would come to serendipity." Ryan ordered another drink for himself and a bit of food to partake in while he conversed with his company. "you, possesed one, I would not continue in that line of work were i you. Its a right quick way to end up dead on the streets with your innards spilled for the vermin."

Chrysalis

'Shekra...Demon.'

Demon? The only demon Shahara had ever come across was perched on the golden throne in Mijak's Imperial Palace, she couldn't wait to wipe the smug grin from the Cobra's face. If she thought she was safe to sleep at night, the 'Gozarak' was wrong. But if this man was a Demon, no wonder the creeping feeling down Shahara's spine set her warning instincts aflame. There was no way she would ever place her loyalties with any Demon, her loyalties were to her Sect and no other! Then the entrance of another who joined the throng set her instincts on edge. There was nothing outwardly off about him, he wore little but the kilt and precious metals, rich perhaps? But when he started ordering drinks, Shahara decided she would touch nothing.

Then he opened his mouth and changed everything. First she did not appreciate being called 'youngling', by age she may have been young but she had seen more Death than many would ever see, most of it at her own hands. She took a subtle step back to rebalance her weight and rested her fingers on the smooth bone hilts of her snakeblades. How did he know about The Empress? She didn't like this, not at all. She lost her grip on her common tongue for the moment and said in a low voice.

"Annhakolat! Me asta meme via Mijak!"

Meaning, 'Enough! I will take back Mijak!' It took her a moment to get a grasp on her common language again. "I do not want the help of a Demon and you all need to stay out of my affairs."

Wicked Basket

Grazen was not pleased with the newcomer. Not only did this man look ridiculous, he was telling Grazen how to live his life. Who did this guy think he is to tell him what to do? Did he even have any idea what being possessed is like? Grazen could feel his barely contained rage boiling over. Grazen confronted the stranger.
"Another way to end up with your innards spilled for the vermin," Grazen threatened, "is to tell a man how to live while you prance around in a skirt like some schoolgirl."
Grazen's hand rested on the handle of his falcata.
"Unless you have anything worthwhile to say, I suggest that you keep your mouth shut before I begin relieving you of those burdensome appendages."
If this man said just one more thing, Grazen would start removing limbs.

Brisinger987

"Ah, for beings with such admirable traits, you all act so uncivilised. Can't you see that the lady is distressed? Please do forgive those two milady, one of them is trying to suppress his inner demon, and the other... I do not know the other enough to explain him, but please forgive him." Kirnardaz smiled grimly at the two. Who would have thought that the planner of the apocalypse was the most civilised of all of them?

"As for how I know about your empress, I spoke to the Watcher, an all seeing, all knowing demon. He told me of your quest the very moment I set eyes upon you. And I am offering you a chance to live in luxury. Most would be jumping at the idea, but why not you?" Kirnardaz spoke his mind to her, not trying to fluffy up his purpose.

Slace

ryan began grinning like a madman and stared into the eyes of the man threatening him. "I would like to see you try. I have killed hundreds of thousands like you. One more will not be a problem." Ryan breathed deeply and composed himself again. He turned towards kirnardaz and with a normal amicable smile began to speak like a gentleman. "I am quite sorry. I am, i suppose what you would call a god of violence. The aggression he was displaying acts to intoxicate one such as myself. I will attempt to remain civilized during this conversation." He took  sip of his new drink and set it down gently. "now in order to ease your thoughts. i know of the empress, only that her title is the empress, i know you want to kill her, and i know these things because they were said outloud while i was listening to your conversation."

Ryan could feel the aggression within this woman. The empress had wronged her somehow and she desired vengeance. he sensed no magic within her. but he could feel the experience of murder within her blood. It was delicious. Like a fine wine or a well cooked meal. It mad ehis mouth water. what he wouldnt give to taste the death she had left behind. From the amount of violence soaking her essence he surmised she was a professional killer of sorts. an assassin or a soldier. That or a mass murderer. either way. she obviously possesed great skill and a desire for something incredible.  It was enticing to say the least.

Ryan turned towards kirnardaz. as with msot demons he had the traditional soaking of suffering they had caused. but Ryan felt a great disturbance in him. plans for somethin massive. something terrible. something.... beautiful. his next thoughts would be subvocalized. a communication utilized through their abilities. kirnardaz and his sense for desire and ryans sense for violence. He would subvocalize what he said next. whatever it is you are doing. i want to take part. we can discuss the matter another time however.

Ryan's food was delivered to him fresh. it was fish of some sort and he breathed in the aroma. a predatory animal. its life soaked with battles won. and eventually a battle lost. He calmly cut a piece off and began to eat at his meal gently. It was odd the rapid shift between brutality and composure he displayed. It seemed the rude angry brute of a few moments ago was gone completely replaced by this man.

Chrysalis

Kirnardaz still continued to try and persuade her, no one offered such a deal without a heavy price to be paid. Nothing ever came for free. Like if the Slavers had not sold her to the Aathjhaka she would be married off by now, birthing baby after baby until her body could do no more. But instead she had lived in a different kind of prison, no man could subjugate her now but she had paid for that in blood, sweat and tears a hundred times over. If things had been left as they were, she would have continued as she was. Murder, espionage and protecting the Imperial family until her body was no longer any use to her or she died in action. She would take nothing that the Demon would offer her, she would take back her life on her own terms. Not in the service of another!

Shahara narrowed her eyes upon the Demon. "Because no deal ever comes for free and I have my own chains without you adding to the links."

The Aathjhaka then noticed that Ryan had turned his attention to her and seemed to be studying her intently, as if he were drinking something in that was intoxicating. It didn't seem like sexual interest, something more sinister. "And if you had your life, something you bled for, ripped out from under your feet, you would desire the death of the one responsible." 
Thankfully the connection didn't last long and Shahara felt like she could breathe again once it was over. There was something she didn't like about this crowd, the only one who seemed not to ooze the aura from his every pore was Grazen, but even then she could not be entirely sure.

Wicked Basket

"You've never met anyone like me," Grazen told the man in the kilt. "Luckily for you, I am above harming unarmed women."
Grazen then turned to Kirnardaz.
"There's your answer. She said no. Your business here is concluded. You may leave now."