Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The How-To of Signups

Started by Tally, December 30, 2013, 10:30:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tally

GETTING YOUR CHARACTERS INTO THE GAME

• your character will only be in the game if you want them to of course! (:
  • I'll post signups, right here in this forum, when slots become open for NPCs
  • Signups could be a certain type of character, for characters residing in a certain area, characters with a particular personality, characters with specific abilities, etc.
  • yuuuup this means custom artwork and sprites for your charries (8
  • when we're filling slots we'll look at lotsa stuff...which character fits best, which character has been more active in the world, how many NPCs each player has already gotten...stuff like that!
  • KEEPING an NPC slot means staying an active member in the long term—if you disappear on us without a trace that slot's gotta go to someone who's sticking around xD
  • We'll need variety—shop keepers, mercenaries, bandits, nobility, assassins, priests, etc.  All kinds!
  • We'll need characters from the lesser-played areas of the site, too!  Some areas of the site have little to no characters residing there—meaning any active characters in those areas stand a better shot at getting an NPC slot!

Activity will matter in that we wanna make sure NPC slots go to players who stick with the site.  You don't have to be super hyper active to get a character in the game!  You just have to be around and be contributing on a consistent basis. (: So now's a good time to start joining and posting characters while we do some story scripting!

Brisinger987

I heard you were in need of an Essyrni! So, today, I present to you:

Kil'karic!

Kil'karic is from a race native to the Essyrn Deserts and is a travelling Merchant who loves to spend time in Essyrn, and around there. He's generally sarcastic, and very "borrowy". He'll take what he thinks no-one will miss or what everyone will want, and will always try and haggle the highest prices for worthless items. If he were to have a store, it would mostly be filled with junk, which, while it may be helpful in some cases, would most likely just clog the player's inventory.

I might suggest an alternative use as perhaps a basic fetch quest character? He wouldn't exactly ask for much, but what he would have, he would again sell later at a stupid price.

Just there for a bit of a laugh really.

Tally

zozee9

Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Lion

There's never a wrong time for Benedict Cumberbatch. 

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Tally

Anadwen

Quote from: Lion on January 05, 2014, 12:35:28 AM
There's never a wrong time for Benedict Cumberbatch. 

I think you're right.
Smaug!

Brisinger987

I got a Benedict Cumberbatch?! EEEEEE!

(I've met him 8))

Tally

Brisinger987

My cousin takes me to loads of movie premiere's, and he took me to the Fifth Estate premiere, and Benedict Cumberbatch was there.

Slightly Awkward New Guy

I wouldn't mind my character Alex being a shop-keeper, and maybe even give a quest to get a discount in his store. o3o

thehiddenbeast13

Well I hope it's not too late to ask for my character Inigo and his spirit friend samson. I think I could have him do something like mug the other person and run off as his spirit form, or have a quest where you run some Errands for him and he gives you a few items and one that will either let you summon samson for a moment,  or let you see spirits like Inigo.

Slithix

Who wouldn't want to a dark-brotherhood like quest with good ol' Slithix.

But seriously if development of the game is still ongoing could you make him as an assassin to hire if you need help or want to get revenge :) As I don't have a custom design, if you are interested just make him about 6'1, wearing a black hood, copper mask, with glinting green eyes. And oh, OP As hell ;)

Tags: