Well, they'd better be there soon because I can't wait ^_^

Brisinger987

Idk if the post is still there but I got relly psyched nd just posted a charrie

Anadwen

Quote from: Brisinger987 on January 03, 2014, 01:49:17 PM
Idk if the post is still there but I got relly psyched nd just posted a charrie

we saw it. we all saw it.

Tak

We got from Page 1 to 5 in a few days. Good Work guys!

Tally

Quote from: Sir Zane on January 03, 2014, 12:20:01 PMAlso tally, when this is complete, will it be a free to download or will we have to buy it or free for a short time so on and paid afterwards or a free link to download on this sight and a pay link on steam. Details. I needs them.
Free forever and ever.

Quote from: zozee9 on January 03, 2014, 12:29:21 PM
... I think there should be a thief/rogue character. *random insert of opinion* Oh, and an archer. Idk where either would be from. Actually, Yoreiqi archer might work. :3
I agree, we need an archer and thief class of some sort!  Now that I think about it, we should let the Thieve's Guild have at least a little role somewhere. P:

Zane

Quote from: Tally on January 04, 2014, 09:19:54 PM
Quote from: zozee9 on January 03, 2014, 12:29:21 PM
... I think there should be a thief/rogue character. *random insert of opinion* Oh, and an archer. Idk where either would be from. Actually, Yoreiqi archer might work. :3
I agree, we need an archer and thief class of some sort!  Now that I think about it, we should let the Thieve's Guild have at least a little role somewhere. P:

*Cough*Cleara Verdad*Cough* *clears throat* The Runner's Society *cough cough*

man I think I may be coming down with something <.<

Anadwen

And we need a class that's suited for double wielding, two-handed weapons and has a little ranged damage, too (but not shields, shields would make it OP).

so someone who's focused mostly on melee damage, uses ranged to pull enemies and weaken them before the combat, but can't block hits.

Lion

Religious Warriors might be a good class too.  Like Dark/Holy Knights and their respective powers. 

I.E. Agrias from Final Fantasy Tactics who becomes just ridiculously powerful the stronger she gets.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

Brisinger987

Lol. Lion. I thought people got less powerful the stronger they got? *sarcasm*

Nascent

Well well well well well. Looks like you guys have quite the ambitious undertaking going here. Color me intrigued! ^_^

If it's a classical RPG you're putting together, I know two things you'll need in abundance: sprites, and quality music. And, to an extent, I can help with both.

There is a certain resource that will make music-hunting for the game vastly easier and give you no shortage of options to cull through: FreePlayMusic.com. I've used their vast archive of thematically and genre-sorted music before for multimedia projects of my own and, as long as you don't have plans to charge for the game and properly credit the site, there should be no issue with using what they have available. Just don't be surprised if you end up on there for hours at a time harvesting great music, for the game or otherwise -- the place can be sliiiiiightly addictive.

As for sprites... I have some experience in that domain, and even given my now somewhat more limited free time I'd be willing to put in a bit of work on developing sprite resources. I should note that I'm not a sprite artist per say -- I do my best work by editing and manipulating existing sprites, but as my portfolio will show those skills can be quite versatile. Take a look:

[1] [2] [3] [4] [5] [6] [7] [8] [9]

And the prize gem of my (older) work: [10]

And here's some of my more recent work, done for the characters of Painterlee and myself (they're just little one-offs, not full sheets):

So, as I said, I'm willing to devote some of my time to doing sprite work for the game, provided I'm not expected to create all the sprites used. I do, however, have a... special request, something I'd like in exchange for my work.

I'd like my character Kasna to feature in the game as a hidden boss fight. She's a bad@$$ psychotic Adhara / Knight of the White Lily, so finding a way of working her in as a "secret" fight shouldn't be that hard. Just want to make my mark on the game with more than sprites, you understand. ^_^

Anyways, lemme know what you think! And if there's any other spriters on board with this, let's get together and coordinate, share resources and the like, eh?

zozee9

Hehe nascent's got some nice bribing going on. xD But those look fantastic! <3
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Vivi

Oh wow, how did I miss this before now!?

I'm definitely interested in helping! I'd put myself forward for play-testing, voices if you need them, and of course, a few characters. Though if activity is what helps, I really doubt I'll stand a chance since I'm still pretty new.

Anadwen

Yeah, play testing! I volunteer, I volunteer! And I also volunteer to help with designing of NPCs if you need someone for that... Especially with clothes and armour.

And I really, really want to have some NPCs there, and I assure whoever would get to make them, he or she will be provided with a ton of pictures of manga elves.

Looshi

I read the Terms of Use for the FreePlayMusic and it does require you to buy the license to use in games.

Brisinger987

I thought International Copyright stated that it all products can be used in entertainment, provided proper credit of course?

Looshi

Er, no. The music isn't Open Source(to be used by the public, to be edited and so forth without needed to be credited. It belongs to everyone). The people who made the music still hold the copyright. International Copyright law is having a copyright on a work when it is created in the medium. For example, an artist posts their work online, they automatically get a copyright to their work because it's published somewhere(Yes, posting stuff on the internet is considered publishing). Copyright laws are grossly misunderstood, there is no law I'm aware of where it says it's okay to use a person's copyrighted material. They can still sue you even if you're not making money off of it. There's a whole fiasco going down on Youtube with companies and people who do Let's Play videos of games; making a video with copyright material that is not their own. That's also why youtube music videos get taken down for copyright infringement.

Anyways. The musicians and the site, FreePlayMusic, hold the licenses to the music(IE: the copyright), and have the say in what it can and can't be used for. And we have to respect that.

Brisinger987

I just reiterated what my understanding was, but that's fair enough. I wanna do Let's Play videos. Maybe I'll do THQ games, because they're bankrupt, and have no money to sue me >:D

visualspice

Quote from: Brisinger987 on January 07, 2014, 02:26:52 PM
I just reiterated what my understanding was, but that's fair enough. I wanna do Let's Play videos. Maybe I'll do THQ games, because they're bankrupt, and have no money to sue me >:D

Is THQ really going bankrupt? That's sads if they are D:
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Brisinger987

Already dead and gone spice. No more THQ.

Tally

Quote from: Lion on January 05, 2014, 02:29:54 AMReligious Warriors might be a good class too.  Like Dark/Holy Knights and their respective powers. 

Ah yes!  Like the Order of the Moon!

Quote from: Nascent on January 05, 2014, 06:23:44 PMAs for sprites... I have some experience in that domain, and even given my now somewhat more limited free time I'd be willing to put in a bit of work on developing sprite resources. I should note that I'm not a sprite artist per say -- I do my best work by editing and manipulating existing sprites, but as my portfolio will show those skills can be quite versatile.
I love your sprites!!  Keep a look out on this forum.  I'll post all calls for artwork/spriting help here! (8

Quote from: Vivi on January 07, 2014, 11:07:55 AMThough if activity is what helps, I really doubt I'll stand a chance since I'm still pretty new.
No worries there!  The game will take a looooong time to make, so as long as you stick around it's all good!

Quote from: Looshi on January 07, 2014, 02:24:05 PM
[smart stuff about copyrights]
This is all correct, save that a thing doesn't need to be published to be copyrighted.  Anything one creates is automatically copyrighted, published or not. (:
Fortunately there is an unbelievable crap-ton of liberally-licensed indie music out there that is totally up for grabs so long as you abide by the terms of the license.  This is what I am currently sifting through for the music. (8  That the game is noncommercial makes it MUCH easier to find music for it under attribution licenses.

Tags: