Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

GEN GAME INFO AND Q&A

Started by Tally, December 30, 2013, 12:02:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tak

We should be able to join the Demons. oh wait that may or am not conflict with the main storyline...

Any clues on the quest line?

Tally

Quote from: Tak on January 09, 2014, 01:57:11 AM
We should be able to join the Demons. oh wait that may or am not conflict with the main storyline...
ACTUALLY Rhi and I were talking about ways to make a morality system not annoying for both of us (we both are really bothered by good/evil polarity in games) and what we want to do is adapt it into a kind of allegiance system.  So, for instance, you would have the chance to side with/help out the demonlords, but doing so would close quests for, say, the Order of the Moon whilst opening up more quests with the demons.

Any clues on the quest line?

But no for reals though.  The plot right now is like this gooey baby grub, wiggling and fragile.  When it blossoms into a hearty moth, I will divulge.

Anadwen

We need an evil overlord, a knight in shining armour, and a knight in black armour that will switch from one side to another and over and over trying to realize where he fits.

Athran volunteers for the last role!

Zane

Quote from: Tally on January 09, 2014, 11:09:33 AM
ACTUALLY Rhi and I were talking about ways to make a morality system not annoying for both of us (we both are really bothered by good/evil polarity in games) and what we want to do is adapt it into a kind of allegiance system.  So, for instance, you would have the chance to side with/help out the demonlords, but doing so would close quests for, say, the Order of the Moon whilst opening up more quests with the demons.

So basically akin to an elder scrolls game, where you can do everything as long as the quest lines would not conflict each other (like say in a mordecai quest line you destroy the mages guild, therefore canceling out any uncompleted mages guild quest) or would it be a can do anything anyway kind of thing?

Looshi

I think it's more along the lines of a branching main story rather than a number of guilds you can join and do quest lines for.

Zane

I was just using the mordecai and mages guild as an example.

Tak

There should be pieces of paper you can find lying around which have art people here made!

visualspice

Quote from: Tak on January 10, 2014, 08:13:49 PM
There should be pieces of paper you can find lying around which have art people here made!

This reminds me of Slender man and I am scared :|
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Anadwen

it's an awesome idea.
or there should be moments in the story resembling the threads we did!

Tak

And for example, you could stumble on a ruined fort with gold golems inside with a table and an acid bath, so the hero came there after the thread happened.

Extra points if you say what thread the example was.

Paradox

Tally! There needs to be a punny character somewhere in this game of yours! <3

Tally

Geomancer and Gladiator confirmed as classes!

Paradox

Anadwen

What is a geomancer?

Oh, and we need a fragile, but extremely quick and strong melee/ranged class like Athran and Anoriel - the armoured equivalent of mages, armed with swords, bows and stuff.

Tak

Quote from: Anadwen on January 19, 2014, 02:58:41 PM
What is a geomancer?

Oh, and we need a fragile, but extremely quick and strong melee/ranged class like Athran and Anoriel - the armoured equivalent of mages, armed with swords, bows and stuff.

Earth Mage.

We need an everythingomancer
we also need pets, including dragons and mounts.

Slithix

SciFiSteve626

This sounds like a terrific idea.

Why did people stop posting in this thread, is the game idea still active?

Forgive me if my question may have already been answered, I dot feel like scrolling through 6 pages.

Any ideas on how the character creation will work?

Also top down is that a 2.5d style like Baldurs gate, or is it more along the lines of Pokemon?

SciFiSteve626

Also, for the characters that get made NPCs, I had an idea come to mind. May be impractical but if its absurd then no worries, just trying to offer up suggestions.

Could the people who "made" the NPCs be able to play as their character on their own version?

Vais

Hmm did you stop development of this?

Grgr

So your not working on this game anymore? I see 2 people ask this, but I see no awnser.

Tags: