Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Bird In The Bush (Zozee)

Started by Nomad, December 30, 2013, 09:52:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nomad

He had thought it funny that she was laughing, Roque did not think he had done something amusing to make her laugh which made him frown faintly. As she speaks he glances down to the chair he had brought before him. Shifting around in front of it he takes a seat and turns his gaze back to her, the frown having faded from his face now that he knew what she was laughing at.

Though he had not seen her use her magic as he listens to her he comes to understand that she too possessed some form of magic, though he was not sure what at the moment. As she promises to make it up to him he smiles a bit more, his cheeks still a bit red as he was still embarrassed a bit. For a moment he was not sure what she intended to do to make it up to him though as she brings up the idea of sewing him new cloths he realized that she intended to make him new cloths since his had gotten bloody.

He liked the idea of getting some new cloths he did not want to walk around with these on now that they where stained with blood. Though he thought her name was Feathers as she continued to speak he finds that her name is Alexandra and Feathers was something like a nickname of sorts. " It's nice to meet you Alexandra. " he says with a soft smile as he looks at her " I would greatly appreciate it if you made me some new cloths. It's ok, I'm just glad you did not intend to really hurt me. Indeed I am a magician of sorts or rather I can use magic... "

zozee9

"Telekinesis?" Alexandra questioned with a wide smile. "That would be useful." She paused. "Very useful." If she could move things with her mind, stealing important papers would be a whole lot easier. Same with fooling guards.

She passed a few moments in silence so that she could focus on her last remaining stitches. It wasn't a pleasant thing to do but it was necessary. Plus, her experience in sewing clothes, though easier, made it so sewing herself up wasn't completely out of her skill set. Alexandra had also given herself and others stitches before.

She tied up the end of the string and broke it off, putting her remaining materials back into the bag. With a sigh, she added, "And I'll make you clothes, no worries. I have to sew myself some new ones... got blood on my pants too, of course. Oh, and by the way, you don't have to be so formal with me."
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

Art Thread: Here! | deviantArt Profile: Here <3

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Nomad

Listening to Alexandra as she spoke Roque nods his head faintly as she inquires about Telekinesis, that was what he could do. As she comments about his magic it made it seem as if she wanted the use of it or something or at least made it seem as if it would be of use which made him frown faintly as he hoped she would not make him help her since she was a criminal.

As Alexandra fell silent while she continued sewing up her injury Roque too fell silent as he shifts his gaze from her. Turning his gaze from her he begins to glance around the room some to keep his mind off of what she was doing. His silence did not last long before he started to hum softly to himself while he glances around the room.

Upon hearing her speak again he turns his gaze back to her. Looking at her he seen that she had finished sewing her wound up which he was glad to see. " Oh.. Ok. " he nods faintly to her statement about not being formal with her. " What can I do to help? " He asks with a soft smile. Though he did not know how to make cloths, he felt he could at least offer to try and help in some way.

zozee9

Alexandra smiled up at him again when he asked what he could do to help. He was too kind for his own good... or maybe he just truly understood the situation he was in. He couldn't run to the guards now, so he'd be stuck with her for a while. And he wanted to get on her good side. That would make more sense—even still, it seemed like his kindness was natural.

"Nothing for now," she replied softly. "I guess grab everything you want to bring with you. Like I said, we'll have to go soon."
Characters: Alycia | Sky | Kayala | Elaina | Alexandra | Piper | Gage AND Heather | Zeina | Elizabeth | Mera | Darya | Fiara | Tanya | Meki | Vivian | Lali | Nyimi | Jillian | Cedric | Jana | Duncan | Zara | Marie | Rora | Koraq | Xiana | Sevda | Nava | Na'il | Bambina | Micheovi | Nitya

If I owe you a post (which I probably do), sorry... I'll get you one as soon as I can! <3 Message me if you're in a rush or want one.

Nomad

He had offered to help in whatever capacity he was capable of helping in though as she spoke he could see that at the moment she needed no help. As she tells him to grab everything he wants to bring he looks at her for a moment longer before shifting his gaze from her. Turning his gaze away from Alexandra, Roque glances around the room for a brief moment. He was not sure what to take, he had only been in the room for a bit and all he had brought with him was in his bag, at least all he had on him.

" Umm. " he begins as he looks back to Alexandra " All I have is my bag. The rest of my things are somewhere else... " He says as he watches her, nodding his head faintly. " So... where are we going? " He asks as he looks at her a moment longer before turning his attention away from her. Turning his gaze from her he looks down at his bloody cloths and lets out a soft sigh. Alexandra said she would make some more for him though he was not sure when that would happen given she wanted to go soon.

zozee9

"Yoreiq," Alexandra replied confidently. She had always wanted to go there, and now seemed like a better time than ever. The people there wouldn't give her away... if they even knew she was being searched for.

She slowly stood up, testing her leg. The pain zapped throughout her body and she fell backwards onto the bed with a moan. Rolling over onto her stomach (laying on her wings was uncomfortable), she twisted her head to the side and mumbled, "Maybe I'll even find my parents." She didn't know which one of her parents was Yoreiqi, nor did she know if they would be there. Or together. But hoping never hurt.

Nomad

At the mention of Yoreiq, Roque's nose scrunched up a bit as he looked at Alexandra, a slightly surprised look taking form on his face as well. He had ran into someone with the same parentage as he, though he had not made the fact that he too was Yoreiq known to Alexandra. He wondered if like him, one of her parents were Yoreiq while the other was not.

As she fell back onto the bed the look of surprise quickly faded, turning to a look of worry as he quickly moves closer to the edge of the bed. Not stopping at the edge of the bed he moves down onto the bed, resting on his knees as he tentatively reaches out to her. As she spoke up again about finding her parents he stopped his hand before it came to rest on her back. Gazing down at her he bit his bottom lip, his gaze raising to her face. She indeed did have the same parentage as him, though it sounded as if both her parents were Yoreiq. Gazing down at Alexandra he couldn't deny the fact that he would like to see the land where his father is from and now he is presented with the opportunity to do so. " A-Are you ok Alexandra? " He asks, finally speaking up as he brings his hand to rest on her back " M-Maybe you should rest... " He says as he watches her, his hand gently resting on her back.

zozee9

Alexandra laughed sadly at Roque's words, but left her response unspoken. Instead, she decided to move on with the conversation.

"So how do we plan on exiting the city? My first instinct says to get run of here and just make as much distance as possible, but the desert would make that very hard. While our footprints would be concealed, there wouldn't be much to hide us. So we can't do that." She paused, thinking of other options. "I think a disguise would work best. You're probably fine, since they didn't get much of a look at you. But I'd need to change myself. We can sneak onto a caravan and catch a ride into the desert without the guards noticing.  I think that would work... what do you think?"

Nomad

Though Roque thought she should rest for a bit, it seemed Alexandra did not agree with his idea. Gazing down at her he keeps his hand lightly resting on her back and listens as she begins to speak. Rather then resting Roque guess she wanted to try and escape the city and perhaps make it to safety. Either way he did not have much of a problem aside from the worry he held for her now that she was injured, which was strange considering the circumstances of their meeting.

Gazing down at her as he remains silent, Roque listens to her ideas of how to get out of the city. Mulling over some thoughts he knew they could not just run out into the desert and be on their way. They would need supplies and proper clothing and hope to not get lost. With the thought of being disguised Roque nods his head faintly, aside from a disguise he thought it might be good for some form of story for the two.

Bringing his free hand up he rubs his chin lightly, gazing down at her for a moment longer before he slowly turns his attention away from her. For a few brief moments he remains silent still as he gives thought to what she had said and what they could do. " .. I think going with a caravan of sorts would be the best option. " He says, breaking his silence with a nod " And perhaps maybe some form of story to tell people as to why we are traveling together? " He asks as he turns his gaze back to her, though he did not have an idea as to why they would be traveling together he simply thought it might help them escape and get to there destination with out trouble.

zozee9

OOC: Gotta stay in past tense, big brother! xD
----------

A story... Alexandra nodded and slowly sat back up. "Well, we're married, of course! Or engaged, actually. I would say siblings, but we don't look enough alike. We're traveling to Yoreiq to meet my family and get their blessings, but we need a ride."

She leaned over an pulled out a container of black liquid. Glaring at it, Alexandra cursed under her breath. "Do you know how to dye hair?" she asked bitterly. Black was her least favorite color to dye it, but it was the only color she had with her.

Nomad

OOC: My bad ;-;
--------------------

" M-Married... " Roque stammers, blushing lightly as he looks at Alexandra. When he thought of the idea all he had in mind was them being close friends or perhaps related in some way. He did not think of saying they were married or rather engaged.

Though he had not been thinking of them being engaged as their story, he figured it may work the best so he decides not to appose the idea. As she asks if he knows how to dye hair he pauses for a moment before shaking his head " No. I afraid I don't know how to.. Sorry. " he says with a soft sigh while looking at her. " I can try though. " Roque says with a faint nod, he was willing to try though knew not what to do.

zozee9

Alexandra laughed and shook her head. "If you haven't done it before, then it's probably best that I do it. I have plenty of experience with dying my hair." She paused and looked at the vial for a few seconds before smiling mischievously and adding, "Actually, you know what, I want you to do it. That way if you botch it up, I can use that as an excuse." Plus, it wasn't like she cared much how her hair looked. It was already going to be black, so that was bad enough. Having it unevenly dyed would do more good than bad, in this case.

She held out the bottle of black towards Roque and exclaimed, "Have fun!"

Nomad

Though he was willing to help her as she spoke up saying that she should do it, Roque was a bit relieved as he was afraid he may do something wrong and mess it up. Keeping his gaze fixed on her he watches as she looks at the vial for a moment before a mischievous smile takes form on her face as she spoke up again.

For a moment he had gotten out of the task however now he was being thrust right back into it. Being informed that he will indeed dye her hair, Roque gives a nod of confirmation. As she offers the bottle he reaches out and takes it from her, offering a hesitant smile at the idea of it being fun. Though he was not sure if it would be fun. at least on his end of things. " Ok... Can you at least explain what I need to do. Please? " He asks as he looks down at the bottle in his hand.

zozee9

Alexandra looked up at Roque and smiled. "Why, that's for you to figure out!" she exclaimed. "Okay, fine, I'll tell you. Well, I'll tell you what I know. Normally I would use a bowl or tub to dye my hair, but neither one is available right now... so really, you'll just have to be creative. The black should be able to get to all of my hair though, since the color is so light. And no worries, it won't dye your skin. The properties in it don't let it... though it might still dye your clothes."

Nomad

As she spoke up, Roque frowned faintly at her response. He was not sure how fun it was going to be messing around with her hair and some form of liquid to change is color. Gazing down at her as she looked up at him, his gaze is drawn to fix upon hers so he looks into her eyes. As he listens to her the frown upon his face slowly fades and shifts into a light smile. Though she did not really explain what he needed to do, given what the liquid is suppose to do and what she said he knew he could figure out what to do. Though she spoke of it dying his cloths, Roque was not to worried about it given that she said she was going to make new ones considering he got blood on his current outfit. " Alright.. Be creative. " he murmurs lightly as he gazes down at her, his attention shifting to her hair.

Turning his attention from Alexandra's hair he looks to the bottle of black liquid she had given him and takes a moment to remove the cap on it. Once he has the cap off Roque turns the bottle side ways and lets the liquid begin to flow from it freely, however instead of letting it fall to the floor he uses his telekinesis to catch the liquid as it comes out of the bottle and collect into a bubble.

zozee9

Alexandra let out a small gasp as the liquid started floating. She had told him to be creative, but in reality she had just expected him to dump it all over her. That's probably what she would have done. But instead, he had listened and done the best thing he possibly could have. Plus, this way, she'd know if the mordecai came back.

She sent Roque a reassuring smile and closed her eyes, only wishing to get the hair dying over with.

Nomad

Gazing down at Alexandra, Roque catches the smile she gives him which causes him to smile and blush lightly. Given that she has yet to object to what he is doing, Roque figures that she is fine since she also gave a reassuring smile. " Alright... " Roque murmurs lightly to himself as he goes over his task in his mind. First he figured he had to apply the dye to her hair. With this in mind Roque takes the bubble of dye and begins to apply it to  Alexandra's hair. Using his telekinesis Roque works the dye through her hair as he gazes down at her. As he works on getting her hair dyed Roque fell silent, his gaze remaining fixed on her hair as he focuses on the task of getting her hair dyed.

zozee9

Alexandra sat in silence, waiting for him to finish dying her hair. His method worked surprisingly quickly and he was done quicker than if she had done it herself. Smiling, she watched as he returned the excess liquid into the vial.

She sighed, knowing that she couldn't put off leaving any longer. The guards would soon be searching every building for her. She didn't have time to steal anything—but they wouldn't even know that. The room had too many unaccounted for papers; they might assume that someone with her track record would have had the talent to steal something. Either way, the bounty on her head was more than enough to motivate them. Furthermore, no guard would want to live with their pride trampled on like that.

Alexandra reckoned that they'd probably have about an hour to get out of the city. She luckily had more cloaks in her bag, one of which she was in the process of getting out and putting on. The smart thing to do would be to dye her wings black. But she couldn't. Dying her wings... it was just wrong.

Looking up at Roque, she hesitantly asked, "Where are your things? We might be able to go and get them..."

Nomad

Utilizing his telekinesis Roque went about applying the dye to Alexandra's hair. Gazing down at her as he worked on dying her hair he caught sight of her smile and blushed lightly as he turns his gaze back to her hair. As he finishes applying the dye to her hair he puts the rest of it back into the vial and applies the cap to it to make sure non can get out.

Though he was not sure if he had done a good enough job Roque thought he had gotten all of her hair dyed and figured if she wanted more she would inform him. To put some space between him and Alexandra he takes a step back and turns his gaze from her. Now that he finished dying her hair he figured they would be leaving.

As she begins to move Roque glances to her for a brief moment, watching as she retrieves a cloak from her bag, before he turns his gaze from her. Seeing her pull something out of her bag made him dwell for a moment on his belongings. For a moment he wondered if he would be able to fetch his belongings or if they would be left behind, if he had to leave them behind Roque knew he would have a hard time with things.

Hearing Alexandra speak up Roque turns his gaze back to her " They are in an inn not far from the library... " He answers as he looks at her, remembering how the events of the night had suddenly spiraled into chaos.

zozee9

Alexandra looked up at the ceiling and shook her head in frustration. Were the gods out to ruin her life that day? No, they had been out to ruin her life for years. She knew that, and expecting anything more was her own destruction.

"Fine," she finally replied, looking back at Roque. "It might be dangerous, since it's so close to where I pulled my little hoax, but we should be fine if we're quick." She paused and added, "Very quick." No use on having him think he could waste time gathering his things. They would have to get in there, grab his things, and then get out.