Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Claiming the night (open)

Started by Anadwen, December 31, 2013, 12:03:49 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

Athran raised a brow, still standing with his arms crossed. Maigrod's wings shifted further towards him, shielding him from any unexpected attacks.

I'm certain that he didn't interfere in the fight with... The creature. Does he want food? the dragon asked. Athran shrugged. Most likely. He was probably the one in the fight we overheard... I don't trust him, but he doesn't seem necessarily evil.
And if he is? Maigrod softly slashed his tail against the ground.
Then he dies. Athran's glance hardened even more, and he turned his attention back to the man.

"What do you want of us?" he asked. His right hand turned a little, gripping the handle of a dagger, fastened to his forearm, shielded from the stranger's sight. If he would attempt anything, he would kill him...

Wicked Basket

What did he want? Lucian had not planned this far ahead. What did he want? He knew he wanted help, but he had never decided what constituted help.

"Well, I....um....I don't know," Lucian replied. 

Lucian's eyes drifted back to the dragon. It was frightening and fascinating all at the same time, but it looked sort of angry. Had he done something wrong? Lucian was awfully confused about this whole ordeal. He didn't have the slightest idea of what was going on, and now he was being interrogated.

Anadwen

Athran rolled his eyes over. He was tired, and questioning this fool was taking far too much energy out of him. Maigrod growled upon watching his patience quickly disappearing, and one would have sworn it was a laugh.

"So you don't know." Athran winged off. "Of what help is that to me? Tell me what you want here, or get lost. This isn't a refugee camp, an inn, or anything even close to that. If you want food, you'll have to hunt it yourself!" His patience has just reached the bitter end, and what followed after was far from being nice.

He leaned against Maigrod's back, crossing his legs, and glanced at Lucian over his shoulder. "Come on. I'm waiting... And you're wasting my precious time."

Wicked Basket

"Your precious time for what," Lucian asked. "What else would you be doing? Your friend is hurt and so is one of those....lizard things. I don't think you would be going anywhere anyway."

Lucian glanced over his shoulder.

"Were those men that I fought coming after you?"

Some of what Lucian said probably was a little rude, but he didn't know that. He didn't understand how people and emotions worked.

Winters-Feather

Shioko sneezed in amusement at Athran's assessment of the man.
Definitely an idiot, he thought.
He curled around Taiyou and the stone more. He used his nuzzle to adjust his rider's posture, so that she would sleep more comfortably on her back.
Rash child, he thought. Athran's bravado reminded the dragon of her.
Always trying to be the hero.

Shioko glared at Lucian with keen, black eyes, gnarling his teeth. 
Dragon, he grumbled at the man. Did that man live in a cave? How did one travel around Adela and not know of dragons? The dragon took a step forward.  Those had been thrones on his side, nothing more.
It would be in your interest to not anger him further, Shioko told Lucian with some amusement at the knight's hot temper.

Anadwen

Athran's hand slashed with the knife. The knight was just playing with his weapon, ocasionally glancing at Lucian with the corner of his glinting eyes. "I don't know what they were going after. You killed them before I got a chance to ask... And dead men tell no tales." he growled, with a strong hint of sarcasm in his melodic, but cold voice.

Maigrod emitted the strange laughing sound once again. Athran was at the end with his patience, that was pretty obvious, and his snarky, sarcastic side was beginning to show. However, even he was a bit annoyed at the man's indecisiveness and little knowledge about the world. Even a child would recognize a dragon if it saw one!

Athran turned his head to Lucian once again, pointing the knife at his throat. "Now tell me what you want, why are you here, or at least who you are, otherwise you can run, before," His fingers moved the blade in a slashing motion, "you'll end up badly."

Wicked Basket

"The last five men who tried to make me end up badly are dead," Lucian informed him. "As for my purpose....I suppose my purpose is to learn. I know almost nothing of this world, or even myself. All I have is my name, Lucian. Everything else is a mystery to me, including dragons."

Lucian was not at all intimidated by Athran's threats. He had just killed five armed men alone and without being armed himself. He felt pretty confident in his abilities. Then again, Lucian saw what Athran had done to that bizarre flaming creature from before.

Anadwen

Athran slipped the knife back into its sheath. "I think that suffices for answers. Your name, and the fact that you honestly don't know what you're doing here." he replied, and Maigrod growled in agreement. This man wasn't lying - he knew when someone is trying to fool him.

"Now, what would you want off us? One doesn't simply come to someone's encampment without having a single idea why and then stays to hold a conversation, or does he?" he questioned him.

I think you should take care of Taiyou instead of standing here and showing off, Athran. Maigrod growled.
Don't tell me what to do. Shioko is near her, no reason to be worried. the elf replied with confidence, so usual for him.
I'm only concerned. I know what I fool you are.
And you're a big lizard. Don't you think I know a bit more of humans than you, Maigrod?
You don't pay attention to them, anyway. No, I don't think you know more. The dragon appeared almost annoyed by Athran's crazy behavior. What did he think he's doing?

Wicked Basket

"The whole time I've been wandering I have never had a single idea why. I haven't even a single idea why I'm even in this world, or what I even am. I don't care where they come from anymore, I just need answers. There has to be more to me than just a name."

It sounded an awful lot like Lucian was trying to garner sympathy, but he didn't know how that worked either. He was just saying how he felt.

Winters-Feather

Shioko gazed at lucian with thoughtful eyes. He yawned.
Why does the lost one want answers from us, he asked Lucian.
The Lost one should make his own answers, he Said.
Lucian reeked of blood. He was attacked, as he claimed, but their number had been enough to easily overwhelm and slay a skilled knight.
The lost one doesnt sem to be lost with a sword in hand, he pointed out to Athran..

Anadwen

Athran rolled his eyes over. "Don't pull this sorrowful tear-draining show at me, please. If you need to warm yourself by the fire, stay for a while, but I don't have anything to offer. No food, no shelter, nothing." He had only enough for himself and Taiyou...

Maigrod, could you go and hunt us something? I'm hungry. he asked Maigrod, and shortly glanced at Taiyou and Shioko. And bring some for those two, too. After a fight like that, they must have been tired.
Deers, boars, and the usual? Maigrod wondered, outstretching his wings and preparing to take off. Athran nodded. Just the same as always.

"But don't touch my bags, the girl, the other dragon, or me." he reminded Lucian, and his eyes glinted with a hard, cold flame.

Bringer of Fenrir

"Hoe there! I mean no harm!" A voice called out heavy with accent. "i only wish to come and sit by the fire..." As the voice called out a figure appeared which owned the heavily accented voice. As it came into view the group could see it was a man. He was carrying a large bag over his shoulder. He was wearing a thick trench coat a crimson red, with a black fur around the top, he also was blonde and carried a wooden shield on his back. But that was all they could tell at that point.

"Am i warranted to come and sit?" The man called out a distance from the camp. He was trying to portray no threat to them obviously not having any of his weapons drawn, only thing that was off was a thin fog barely reaching up to his foot followed the man, and the sounds of a animal companion beyond their sight. As he waited the man lifted his arms and walked a bit closer to the camp so they could see him a little better. As he stepped closer it was easier to see him now although he had no weapons in his hands he was not defenseless. Carrying two swords, an array of knives, bow with a quiver of arrows, and also wore chain mail and a pair of bracers, as well as the shield on his back.   

Wicked Basket

"If people could simply make their own answers, then questions wouldn't need to exist," Lucian replied to the dragon.
Lucian decided to take Athran up on his offer and sit by the fire. His only instructions were to not touch anything. That was simple enough. He simply stared into the fire, watching the sticks and branches being consumed by the flames. His staring contest was interrupted by a man calling out and coming forth from the forest. Lucian stood and turned toward the newcomer. He wasn't as large and his skin wasn't as dark as Lucian's. His ears were also round instead of pointed. He must be a human, but one could never be sure.

Anadwen

Athran smacked his head. So many visitors... There was no reason to refuse, but this company was getting large, and a tad overwhelming. "Yes. Don't touch my bags, don't touch the fire, the girl, or the dragon, and don't touch me." he warned the second newcomer, and himself sat down underneath one of the trees, afar from the fire.

He wasn't in the mood for people, staring at him. In fact, he was more in the mood to sleep... It was almost dawn. He coiled up on the ground, and before he realized it, he was already asleep.

Bringer of Fenrir

The man looked at the odd company the ones who were human were quite a bit shorter then he was, except the others that is. As the man scanned the group he saw the dragon looking sternly at him he sat by the fire stretching out his hands warming them on the fire. The hooded looked off into the distance, as he looked outward he heard the beast calling out to him. "...Calm down i will be fine." He said in a low voice to the beast. Looking back to the group raising his shoulders. "My companion, worries to much. But he is shy."

So what is this group looking for? Or where do yee travel?" The man asked trying to make friendlly conversation.

Winters-Feather

If Shioko was human and any less polite, he would have groaned. Or maybe laughed. The elf had fallen straight to sleep,  his rider was unconscious, and he was stuck in the company of two stray cats and two stray lost humans.

He ignored the human's inquiry and instead kept his head up to look down at the humans and keep watch over the camp. Hopefully his presence would be enough to keep them and the cats out of trouble. He could trust Maigrod, but not these two leggers to do anything foolish.

Anadwen

Athran awoke shortly before the dawn at Maigrod's loud roaring. He opened his eyes, and could see how the dragon landed between the trees, clutching a couple of young bucks in his claws. His fangs were covered in the blood of the beasts, it was dripping off their sharp tips, and there were huge holes in the animals' necks, apparently after his sickle-like claws.

Athran. I brought you breakfast! he roared, dropping his catch down. The elf smiled a little, yawning. He haven't gotten much sleep, but it was sufficient. Wonderful. Now help me with them... We have to skin them. he reminded the dragon, and sat up.

Taiyou appeared to be still asleep, but Shioko was awake. Maigrod greeted him with a low growl. Greetings, young one. We shall feast now!

Wicked Basket

Lucian awoke to the sound of beating dragon wings. He didn't remember falling asleep, but that wasn't unusual. He walked over and looked at the deer.

"What are these?"

Anadwen

Food. Help Athran skin them and you'll get some of it. Maigrod growled at the man, biting off the heads of the animals. The elf got to work in the meantime, carefully cutting the hide of one of the animals off. They were well fed and strong, with a lot of meat on their bones...

He handed a knife to Lucian. "Can you skin a deer?" he asked, his hands still working with Maigrod's catch. Hopefully he knew how to do it, since there was a lot of work with a big beast like that, not only skinning, and he wasn't willing to do it all alone.

Wicked Basket

Lucian took the knife and looked at the deer inquisitively.
"Skin?"
Lucian looked between the knife and the deer. Skin? The deer already had skin. Was he supposed to cut the skin off? He had never hunted before. The only food he ever got was wild fruits and berries and handouts from nice strangers. He didn't know how to actually prepare food beyond the fact that it sometimes had to be cooked first.