Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lord Of The Flies, Queen Of The Spiders (Anadwen)(M)

Started by Brisinger987, January 04, 2014, 03:52:20 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz had spent ages searching for this person. He had found after enquiring and hearing rumours that this Daerian was supposedly very mysterious and powerful. It had piqued his interests, and as such, he skulked around looking for someone matching her description.

In his head he finalised what he thought she would be able to do for him. He thought she would be able to provide him with all the power he desired from the rumours he had heard, and he was desperate to try it. Really desperate.

Eventually, he spotted her, riding what he considered an abnormally large horse around the market, examining what she pleased. He decided that one measly man would not attract her attention, and neither would she desire the attention of a full blown demon prince in a market place filled the those who feared and hated magic.

So instead he opted for a slightly less problematic approach.

He approached a nearby horse selling stand, placing a hand on one horse, projecting his entire corruptive field into the horse, enlarging it, and turning it into a giant lizard, the saddle shaping itself in the field accordingly.

He simply gave the owner of the horse the amount of coin requested and left with the lizard, eager to catch Daerian. When he finally caught up with her, he simply made the lizard hiss to part the crowd, and strolled up beside her.

"Greetings Miss Daerian..." His voice faltered towards the end of the sentence as he felt her powerful aura wash over him, and noticed just how beautiful she was. In all great truth, he was slightly stunned by her beauty.

"I am interested in the services I have heard you provide."

Anadwen

Daerian raised a brow as her bright eyes met the rider on a rather unusual mount. She pulled the reins of her horse back, ordering it to stop, and turned towards him.

"With whom do I have the pleasure, sir?" she asked. There was nothing unusual about her tone - only a bit of curiosity. But that grew as she aimed her attention at the rider. She sensed a dark, twisted power within what seemed but a noble mortal, of a kind not far from her own. It seemed almost tempting to her... There was blood, ancient blood, and she could feel it. Powerful blood.

"And where did you learn my name from?" this time, she sounded almost amused. There was hardly something in Connlaoth that would surprise her, but a man, riding a lizard, was an unusual sight, and not one she would have met with before. She was not very well-known, even among Connlaothians, and only a few knew her name...

She spent her life hiding herself from the eyes of the world. In darkness and shadows. How did he know about her? And what more did he know?

Brisinger987

"I have heard about you in mere rumours milady. Of course, as usual, rumours do nothing to capture a person's true appearance. I must say you are more beautiful than the rumours tell of. And I have other resources." Kirnardaz realised he wasn't actually letting her get the full picture. So he widened his sphere of influence, weakening it, but proving that he had strength to do that.

"My name is Kirnardaz." He opened up a peek at his soul, allowing those in his sphere of influence to experience the dread sensation he emanated. It sent a clear message that he was no mere mortal by any means, and that he was powerful. Or that he used to be powerful.

"So. Would you like to go somewhere away from prying eyes and ears to talk?" Kirnardaz was referring to the people who he could see stood by stalls who looked on with the eyes of predators. Kirnardaz let his dread influence spread to them, so that they would feel the danger of his presence.

Anadwen

Daerian smirked, but on her lavender lips, even such a distorted, twisted grimace appeared beautiful. He appeared like a diamond amid a mountain - a demon! In the middle of a crowd! Power was searing from him like heat from a fire, intense, dark and twisted, but to her wonderful and awe-inspiring by all means.

"Gladly. I was about to suggest it myself... Kirnardaz." she replied in a soft, low voice, but showing her confidence, grace and charm. She spurred her horse towards him. There was no need for lowly mortals to witness them, or any conversations they could hold.

"Follow me." she gestured towards him as she passed by, her long white skirt brushing against his mount. "North."

Towards her fortress. No ear and eye ever got inside to witness her secrets and escaped with a living mouth to tell about them.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz waited until they were moving to alter his appearance to something more evil. He chose to adorn himself with all his armour except his helmet. He hoped none of the mortals would pay attention, and that the guards would simply accept that as a foreigner, he had practiced magic. But there were no guards in sight, and with his dread influence, it was clear he was something powerful, so he felt comfortable.

"I recently lost hold over a very large amount of distant land, and have been searching for ways to get it back." He psychically commanded the lizard to move at her pace, and realised that she was within a psychic range as well.

Miss Daerian? Perhaps our true conversation best stay here, as a psychic one, until we reach our destination? Kirnardaz didn't try to invade her mind, simply sending the message as if it were a letter through a door. It held the same essence as most of his former power, but with much more soul in it.

Anadwen

I suppose it would be the best solution. I don't want any mortal filth to listen to very personal conversations... Daerian replied in the same way as he did. It was not possible for her to communicate like this with mortals, but another demon was a different thing.

Do you need ammunition or weaponry to get your land back, Sir Kirnardaz? Her weapons were well-known through Connlaoth for quality and toughness, lasting longer and dealing more damage than of other make. The fire that melted the ore was hotter. The hammers, pounding onto anvils, were heavier. And together with Daerian's knowledge about weapons, they were perfection when compared to creations of ordinary blacksmiths.

It didn't escape her that he changed, shifting to a more evil, but powerful-appearing form. Her lips twisted into a smile - that for was much more likable to her. However, she didn't turn into her fierce form, which would cause too much fuss and attention. Besides, wings would rip her clothes.

Brisinger987

My thoughts exactly. If I had my way, they would be piles of ashes on the floor, mere shadows of their original, miserable selves. He could feel the power and darkness behind every message, powering them through the rather small distance between him and her. To him, such power intoxicated him, almost wooed him into a sense of desire. He found that instead of wanting whatever power was contained in her, he wanted her. He wanted her companionship, her alliance. Not allegiance.

Unfortunately I was speaking in mere simpletons terms. I need energy, power to return to my realm, and make it my own again. As soon as I return, I will pay the debt to you tenfold. Kirnardaz was trying to keep himself strictly business with this woman. She could most likely hurt him exceptionally badly, and he didn't want to jeopardise his chances by insulting her. He had no desires to grovel as well as apologise.

I ask if you might have ways about that? Kirnardaz waited until they were clear of the city gate to fully change form, out of eyesight and earshot of the gate guards. He burst into flame, revealing his crimson skin, his now black eyes, and his armoured wings, decorated in the same armour as his body, with his helmet now riding on his lap.

"Much better."

Anadwen

Daerian grinned, revealing her sharp teeth. They'd be the blood in a pool for me to bathe in. She didn't want to be left behind, and nobody would surely watch when going through the countryside...

A pair of great dark wings spread from her back, ripping the corset and comfortably folding behind herself. Her irises turned from violet to dark crimson, as red as blood, and claws like iron were suddenly holding the bridle. Her teeth appeared even sharper and longer like this.

"Yes, it's more comfortable to be natural." she uttered.

You need to enhance your powers? Receive new abilities, or make your old ones more powerful, if I understand it right? Now this was definitely someone to make business with. Dark. Strong. And with the same desire to destroy... With a bit of luck, courtesy and the right actions, he could be a powerful ally. A perfect weapon, just like herself.

Brisinger987

I need to enhance my ability to gain power. The tale is long and rather frustrating, best told over a meal in my opinion, although please don't take that as a request, I can gift you the memories now if you desire. Kirnardaz honestly didn't want to have to tell the story of how he had planned the apocalypse, and it had all been ruined by some unseen force that was denying him access to his realm.

"It is a nice form. It suits you." Kirnardaz was slightly more entranced by this form than her normal elven form, and physically she looked terrifying, and to him, downright sexy. He slapped himself mentally, reminding himself yet again that this was strictly business.

I have retained most of my former, rather limited set of natural abilities. It was the additional spells and magic that I have lost, and wish to regain. I simply need to be able to hold more power, and to acquire more. Kirnardaz decided that she would only be able to help if she knew what she was actually doing. And he felt that lying to her would not be smart.

Anadwen

Daerian nodded slowly. I think I know what you mean... She glanced over his shoulder and stared into his black eyes.

However, it is complicated, and I am unsure whether it works at someone beside my own self. I can guarantee nothing. The chance that it would be lethal is incredibly low, but I cannot say whether it will grant you your former power, or what amount of it it will enhance. I do not need the memories now... It will be safer inside the walls of my fortress.

Her hand arose and pointed at the high walls, shielding a fortress in the distance. They appeared thick, sturdy and impenetrable, fearfully shadowing the lands underneath. The hard grey stone mirrored the intention of its owner exceptionally well.

And we are soon to reach it. I would be honored to consider you my guest.

She returned back to her peaceful form, not intending to let even the guards that watched over the gates of her own residence see her true nature. The only thing that could tell of it were two holes at the back of her dress.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz let himself return to a human form, the wings crumbling to black smoke that simply spread through the nearby forest. As he entered the shadow of the fortress, he simply found himself scared. He felt mortal, even if just for a few minutes. He felt weak.

We shall continue the conversation inside? Kirnardaz decided that a break from the conversation was appropriate, for the sake of his dignity and pride, as he could feel the shadow of the fortress affecting him ever so slightly, a change that would be noticeable through continuous psychic conversation.

"It is an impressive fortress Lady Daerian. It looks nigh on impenetrable." Kirnardaz stated bluntly that it was no doubt not impenetrable, but only in an implicative fashion. It would no doubt crumble under his former power and armies, but he would not mention that.

"When we get inside, we can continue discussing business?"

Anadwen

Daerian grinned again. "It indeed is almost impenetrable. Anyone who got through the gate without permission..." Her hand made a quick slashing move. "Didn't see the next sunrise." No army ever tried to attack it, but it was a fortress of death for thieves and those that were too curious.

"Yes, we shall continue discussing inside." Their mounts crossed a bridge over the deep ditch, surrounding the fortress, and the guards, standing by the gate, pulled their spears back at the sight of their mistress. They rushed through the gate and arrived into a great courtyard with several  doors on each side, every one with a great number of iron bars crossed through the wood. The courtyard itself was dark, shadowy and cold, not different from the exterior of the walls that shielded the fortress from the outside. 

She sled off the saddle and gestured Kirnardaz to do the same, letting a couple of servants take care of their mounts. "We may now head to the dining hall... There is some food prepared." Even though we need naught of it, it's a pleasure to feast on delicacies. She winked at him and pointed at the door in front of them.

"If you could, go forwards as you enter the gate until you come to a door with iron bars, resembling a tree, and wait before it. It will only be a short moment for me to get there as well." she said, smiling softly, and rushed towards one of the smaller doors to the right.

A lady like her could in no means hold a formal dinner in ripped riding clothes - that would be a shame for her. In the end, it doesn't take long to change into a more exquisite gown.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz followed her across the bridge, impressed with ditch that would have been beaten only by a lava moat or chasm.

When they reached the courtyard, he dismounted, and let the servants take the beast he considered his now, and was wary that they didn't abuse his new mount. He needed Ceerbaro back.

"Of course, I will go and wait." He decided to take his time getting there, taking one or two detours, but ending up where he was supposed to go. He was curious as to the layout of the castle, but he felt rather awed by the atmosphere.

When I get my power back, I would like to make this my fortress. Fill it with daemon-guards, and have mounts that are not warped mortal creatures. Dragon mounts. And perhaps strengthen the walls with rock from my home. This could be my residence. Crimson or black fires, shadow beings for servants, the likes. It would make a fine home for me. Kirnardaz let the armour disintegrate, for a brief moment, revealing the muscular body beneath it, before it disintegrated as well, reforming as a slightly altered version underneath robes of nobility.

Anadwen

Daerian saw him, standing before the door, from afar. She was rather fond of wearing one of her best gowns, with layers of snow-white silk, embroidered with threads of silver, and a large cut at her back, allowing her to spread her wings without tearing the dress. For this time, she had no gauntlets nor gloves, only a pair of wide, long sleeves, tight to the elbow, then falling back, almost reaching the ground. Instead, she wore a couple of bracelets, adorned with crimson rubies. A similar jewel was on her neck, set in twisting strands of silver, and three red stones were on the circlet, set on her white hair.

"Shall we dine, sir Kirnardaz?" she smiled, and with a single push of her white hand, the door opened, revealing a great hall. The walls were lined with seven tall windows, made of colorful glass, laid into the stone in complicated patterns. A single long table was placed in the middle, surrounded by chairs, all furniture carved into complicated patterns from dark wood. At the other side of the hall was a great fireplace, formed from the figures of three stone dragons.

Daerian led him towards the high end of the table, where a couple of thrones, covered in black furs, stood. There was already food placed upon the table - silver plates filled with meat and salads, fruit and cakes of all kind, and all finished with jugs of red and white wine. She sat down into one of the thrones and gently gestured him to do the same.

"I am honored to welcome you in my humble residence. My apologies, for it is not the best of food I could offer, but over such a short period of time, I was unable to provide any better. Please, sit down. I made sure that not a living soul will disturb us."

Brisinger987

"Of course Lady Daerian. And I must say you look stunning." He slipped in the flattery to try and aid his own cause, although he spoke the truth. He walked with her and sat in one of the thrones, sprouting his wings and changing into his true demon form again.

"I thank you for your generous hospitality. And I understand completely. When I was the ruler of my realm, I often had visitors over so suddenly that they became the very meal I offered to give them. Of course, those days are behind me, unfortunately." Kirnardaz waited for her to begin eating, not desperate to eat as it provided less sustenance than a soul did to him.

"That's funny, because the souls of the living are good food to me." Kirnardaz mused out loud, knowing that for all the sustenance they provided, they no longer gave him power, even if he cast the spell.

"It's disappointing, as souls used to provide me with the energy to perform new, more complex spells."

Anadwen

"Oh, thank you!" She covered her mouth with her hand as she chuckled silently, but her body changed into its natural form again, with wide wings folded behind her back.

"Well..." Daerian's fingers grabbed a small piece of meat and she begun eating straight from the plate, "Maybe there is something we could do about it..." She laughed playfully, staring at the plates. "Food offers little past the pleasure to me. But I don't consider intruders pleasant... And it's difficult to find reliable staff. They cringe in fear every time I walk past, anyway."

For a while, she only slowly picked food from the plates and ate a bit of everything in silence, then proceeded to pour herself a goblet of red wine. "It isn't as... Alive as blood which I devour. But it is sweeter still, though it doesn't affect me a little." she uttered.

"I have enhanced my abilities many times over complicated rituals and binding higher powers to my will. The effect is permanent and cannot be undone by any natural cause. Not even magic is able to eliminate it. However, it is questionable how would it affect a being of a different kind..."

She knew very well what his business was. Now she did - he wanted power. Tenfold the power he wielded now... And she may be able to grant him that.

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz began to eat as well, catching a rat in his eye. A living soul, weak enough to crush for sustenance. He felt every primal urge in him take over, and he threw a black fire ball at the rat, leaving it's corpse glowing, at which point he rose to his feet, a white light streaming to him from the rat, and he began to glow, his power rising momentarily as he consumed the soul before returning to his original state, just slightly less hungry.

"See that. I should have gained even a minute amount of power, but it is only there for a second. I need to find out how to capture it. I am immortal, so do not fear for my health. Do as you wish. I simply want power again." Kirnardaz sat himself back down, letting out a sigh which left a flame hanging in the air, which weaved around, creating intricate symbols in the air.

He continued to pick at the food, eating enough so as not to seem rude in front of his host.

"I want to summon armies again, Daerian. To flood these lands with our kind, to rid the land of petty mortal sin. There would be peace, lawlessness, no countries, just a realm of demons under the rule of a king and queen."

Anadwen

Daerian narrowed her crimson eyes. "We share a common desire." she whispered.

Light faded behind the windows. Wind begun wailing outside the windows, and the sound of thunder behind the walls shook the glass. In only a short moment, the sound of raindrops, fiercely hitting the windows, echoed through the vast hall.

"Is this the power you desire? The power to bend the very reality to your will? An infinite supply of energy to shape the world by your will?" she whispered. Her head slowly bent back. Her bracelets let out a loud thud as she dropped her hands onto the table. Laughter, at first silent, but growing louder, emerged from her mouth. She laughed, but otherwise didn't move a finger, like a mad maniac.

"I can grant you that, if you are only willing to risk. If you are willing to risk unleashing great powers into this world, I can bind strength greater than any to you." Her hand clenched around his wrist, and she opened his mind, showing him the vast power he could possibly achieve, if she succeeded.

A single chariot crosses a barren wasteland, soaked in blood and smoke, rising from piles of ash. Lightning illuminates jagged silhouettes of mountains on the horizon, and dark fire springs from the ground.

"Indeed, what else does this world deserve..."

As quickly as a striking lightning, she turned back to him, and suddenly was back in her original position. "Yes, I could attempt to grant you that. Those ways worked on myself, and made me powerful, more than I would ever expect myself to be. It is only what you are willing to trade - humanity... Pity... Mercy... Everything comes with a price. I ask naught of you, but what are you willing to sacrifice of yourself to regain your powers?"

Everything comes with a price. She gave everything that was in her way to become what she was now. There was hardly anything human left inside her, but she believed it was for greater good of herself - she wanted to rule, and rule with great might forever. It didn't matter what she had to give up, only what she could gain...

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz felt the energy coming from her, and actually began to feed off of it, creating a power void around himself, finding himself storing the power as it was consumed, even if it were to just return, and for a minute after she had sat down, he used the power she had allowed him to take to show his potential.

Around him reality literally warped as the floor beneath him turned to brimstone and the air around him became black and heavy with smoke, demonic faces imprinting themselves in the smoke. His armour appeared on him, forming around him from the smoke, and his voice altered itself.

"I feel powerful again... You have done me a great favour, giving me a taste of what I long for, Lady Daerian." Kirnardaz's armour began to change, the faces carved into the metal beginning to twist and laugh as shadow beings formed around the demon prince, the huge, hulking figures moving around him as if he were a god. For a few moments, he felt like he had never lost his power.

But then his dream faded, the shadow beings dissipating and his armour disintegrating.

"I would make you my dark queen, my equal in a world where we are gods, and everything falls under our power. I would give you anything you desire..." Kirnardaz put his corruptive powers to work, tempting her with offers of power and rulership.

Anadwen

Daerian smiled. It was not a soft, beautiful smile like before, but a terrifying, dark grimace, mirroring her true nature.

"Yes, I would grant you that. I could possibly return you your power... But under one condition." she pulled herself closer to him, "And that is that you would never attempt to strip me of my own power, attempt to get rid of me, or in any way try to get me out of the way. I will keep gaining power with every drop of blood, shed upon this earth. I will get stronger with the horrors of war. I guarantee that."

Her eyes flashed with fire as she begun shifting further towards the dark, inhuman depths of her fierce form. Her claws grew, and wings became wider, stronger than before. The sharp teeth resembled a wild animal, rather than a human.

"I can grant you power, but you will have to swear that you will not try to fight my own, and I will take the same oath. Allies, not enemies." Her voice echoed between the walls, deep and terrifying.
"I know what you are capable of, I can feel it. I am fully aware of your powers, may they be unleashed."