Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Demon on my six! (Bedwyr)

Started by SilverShadow, January 06, 2014, 11:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

SilverShadow

((cont'd from Draconi Forest))

Tanith swerved around a mountain, managing to avoid a crash and Kirnardaz's sword point at the same time. They crested one more mountain and were suddenly soaring over the Wester Highlands of Serendipity, mere miles from the Colony. There was no way she could protect this child and fight a demon at the same time. Neither of them would survive. She needed help. And she knew just who to call.

With the mountains out of her way, Tanith opened her jaws and let out an ear-shattering roar. "VERAXITOC!!!" The roar echoed between the mountains, and she knew he would hear.

Bedwyr

(Yay!)

Soon he snarled and whimpered from the pain but glared at the Demon as he walked closer to him. "Come you pathetic wretch! Come and take the magic!" He challenged suddenly very aggressive. He soon was standing as close as he could without falling using his bone like structure to keep a grip.

Brisinger987

The sound waves would take 5 or 10 minutes to reach Veraxitoc over this great distance, but in the mean time there was a bladed demon diving and swooping at Tanith with lightning speed, and now Kirnardaz was all the more determined to get the boy and his bracers, sensing the magic in them.

"TIME TO DIE, DRAGONESS!" Kirnardaz got behind her, flying up to her tail and taking a large swing at it.

Bedwyr

Johnny immediately dashed  at him slamming towards the demon. "To touch her. Fight me!" He snarled as his bone clad claw swung and aimed towards the sword. He snarled as his lashed out at him with his tail. "Coward."

SilverShadow

((Bedwyr, you realize they're still in the air right? >.> And Brisinger, I was thinking more like 5 or 10 seconds lol they aren't that far away!!))

Sensing his movement at the last moment, Tanith flicked her tail out of the way. She succeeded in avoiding his blow, but she also managed to throw herself off her previously steady line of flight. She swooped, rolled, caught herself, and leveled back out. She roared her fury to the sky and shot another blast of fire at the demon.

Then...what was the boy doing? Yelling? At a flying demon who was chasing them? Seriously? Tanith glanced over her shoulder and saw his form starting to change. No wonder his weight suddenly felt heavier. Into what, she didn't know, but she did know that it was beginning to affect her flying. This would not do. Veraxitoc should be there any second, but one second of slowness was all it would take to get herself hurt or killed. In a split second, she'd decided what she had to do. She lashed her head around, knocking the boy out with her large, scaly head. She flipped over and caught him in her talons as he slid off her back, making a mental note to apologize later. She held him gently, careful not to squeeze too hard, and was relieved that he ceased to get heavier. No longer weighed down, she dove for the ground, then swooped hard to the side, removing herself and her unconscious companion from the demon's like of fire. Again. Veraxitoc should be here by now!

Bedwyr

(Sowwy T.T I iz bad with speed T.T)

He gasped a bit but slowly reverted back to his mostly Human form the scent of scorched skin heavy around him now as he laid there in her grip.  The bracers going dim again.  He laid there silent and asleep. Well...Unconscious

Brisinger987

Kirnardaz caught dropped back to avoid the fire, flying over her head, preparing a killing blow straight on Tanith.

Then a foul screech split the air, and for a second, Kirnardaz stalled, confused, before a black and purple streak sent the demon flying forcefully into the mountainside, a blow that would have left any mortal creature the same size splattered across most of the mountain.

The black dragon roared with fury before following Tanith, and smiling,

"Long time no see Tanith. He won't be waking up for a while."

SilverShadow

"Whew! Veraxitoc you have impeccable timing, you know that? Stupid demon. I would have been all over his arrogant arse if it weren't for the childthing." She nodded toward her talons, still clasped carefully around Jonny. "Mind if I bring him to the Colony to get fixed up? He's going to have a monster of a headache when he wakes up..."

Bedwyr

"Damn right I am..." He muttered in his sleep not at anyone  but towards a dream. "...Take my venison will you..." He muttered

Brisinger987

"Of course, I'll bring my guest over, he's a talented magician, for the right price." Veraxitoc liked the Colony's current guest, even if he was a little creepy.

Veraxitoc slowed the pace down a little, landing gently by the lake and the hooded, rather gloomy figure by the lake. The wings and scythe were a giveaway as to the nature of this magical guest.

SilverShadow

Tanith landed carefully on the other side of Veraxitoc, gently lowering the boy, who she was now mentally referring to as "the childthing", on to the grass. She studied the hooded mage with interest, and a fair bit of distrust as well.

Bedwyr

Johnny stirred slightly before sitting up looking down at his wrists which were  pretty burnt up. "..." he tried his best not to move them as he looked around. "What happened?" He asked curiously as he looked at his "savior"

Brisinger987

"Xerordir, I'm afraid I have to ask a favour. Can you patch the youngling up please? He's injured, ironically in an encounter with your former master..." Veraxitoc enjoyed the irony of the situation, finding it amusing.

"Of course... Anything to help a young lad better his chances with the dragoness..." Xerordir pulled his hood off, revealing the skull beneath.

"Let's begin... See how much damage good old Kirny did..."

Bedwyr

"A Bone-Kin?" Johnny asked as he limped over being careful about his blistered wrists and damaged leg. "...No...You aren't part dragon either are you?" Johnny asked disappointed. "...My only injuries right now are my wrists...Burns....And my ribs sir.." Johnny said as he eyed the skeleton's Pendant. "Memories?" He asked

SilverShadow

Former master? Tanith wondered. That demon? Yikes!

The boy was awake now, and she turned a giant purple eye on him. "Sorry about your head," she rumbled sheepishly. "Whatever you were doing was increasing your weight and slowing me down. I had to knock you out or that demon would have gotten us both."

((I forget if dragons can communicate telepathically with each other...anybody? In some worlds they can, but I don't remember if SotE is one of them...))

Bedwyr

"That explains why my arms are scorched..." He said holding up the blistered appendages chuckling. "Sorry....I got scared....And my Adrenaline was pumping...Not a good combo for us halflings...Half human half dragon....I was coming to this land in hopes of finding someone similar...But I guess I really am the last.." he said sadly now as he looked around "But I did make some friends...I hope I did." He said in a bit more upbeat tone

Brisinger987

((OOC: I think it's entirely up to the player Silver, all mine can))

Xerordir looked down at the pendant. He actually had forgotten he had every owned the pendant.

"Yes... Old memories, painful ones..." Xerordir felt free now that Kirnardaz didn't have control. He felt kinder, more human again.

Xerordir hummed for a second, before letting a simple healing spell get to work.

"This will heal you adequately... Don't want to overload your flesh with magic."

Bedwyr

"Thank you very much sir.." He said as he observed he effects sighin. "I apologize for the inconvenience...And bringing up some old memories sir." he said honestly

SilverShadow

Tanith reached out and lightly touched Veraxitoc's mind, approaching only the part used to communicate telepathically between dragons. What the blazes is a "bone-kin"? she silently asked the older dragon, her mental voice confused.

"You're half dragon?" she asked curiously, careful to keep her voice neutral. Her human secret was not "out" in the dragon community, and she had no intention of changing that. "And...half human? I assume your draconian parent was one of the types who could take a human form? I hope, anyway!" she added with a chuckle.