Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Demon on my six! (Bedwyr)

Started by SilverShadow, January 06, 2014, 11:10:09 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bedwyr

"Actually my mother was a Bone-kin.  A ancient species of dragon which you saw earlier....We actually have two forms...Well...Pure bloods do...I am half blood." He sighed. "And because of my father being human I was seen as a abomination...So....The were...." He stopped as he sniffled a bit going silent.

SilverShadow

Tanith nodded, "I see. I'm sorry. And you came here all by yourself? How old are you, anyway? Can't be more than a child..." Inside she felt her stomach clench in sympathy for him. She had never been persecuted for her (very) mixed lineage because nobody had ever known. Her dragon friends had never seen her as a human, and vice versa. Perhaps she would speak with him later about it. Perhaps. But she was NOT about to say a single word in front of Veraxitoc. Friend though he was, he was the head of the Colony, and one of the last two Nightspinners in existence. No way was she going to say a word in front of him.

Her problem was that she always assumed the worst of people, when it came to the truth of her blood. Although she would give her friends the benefit of the doubt in an instant, under any other circumstances, she didn't trust them not to write her off if they found out she was more than what they believed. More, and yet in her eyes, so much less... As much as she enjoyed Veraxitoc's company, she was impatient to have some time alone with her new little friend.

((We should stop now until Brisinger catches up lol.))

Bedwyr

(One or two more post each and then we can >:3 MUHAUHAUHHUA! I am helping him learn how to read.)

"Yes ma'am....I am eleven by dragon standards I believe....And yes I did travel here alone.....it was what my mother wished......But I  was chased by the villagers and dragons of my home alike...They...They  decapitated and defiled my mother...And for that..I will make them pay..." He growled lowly as the runes lit back up but died down. "...I can't thank you enough for saving me ma'am. I am truly in your debt, and I have plenty of time to repay said debt if you will allow me."

Brisinger987

Xerordir overheard that the boy had lost his mother, and felt that story time was inevitable now.

"My mother was taken from me too young dragonling. I remember her by the white ring on this pendant." Xerordir sat down on the grass, preparing the tale.

"My father was a traveller, visiting Thanatos out of pure curiosity. He fell in love with my mother, and I was conceived. Now my mother had already given birth to one child, my half sister, who dearly despised me. But the villagers found out that my mother had conceived with a foreigner and he was hunted and killed before I was born. When I was born, I was an outcast, the villagers scorning me for my appearance, the black hair and red eyes being considered evil to them. One day I found a magic book in the forest, hidden in a secret room under the roots of a tree. I taught myself how to use the most basic magic. Then, when I was in my teens, my mother went missing. I went out in search of her, believing my magic could find and save her from whatever had taken her. I found her, but I was too late. I watched on, helpless as a necromancer like myself sacrificed her to a demon, which didn't take to the host. She was slaughtered, the spell failed and the necromancer fled, fearful of the repercussions. I took his book of necromancy and began to learn. But I was placed in custody of my sister, who blamed me for my mother's death. She abused me, hurt me. And one day, I turned round, and killed her, attempting the same ritual the other necromancer had. Then I was chased out by the villagers, although I managed to board a ferry, which took me to Le'raana. My sister is the black ring on the pendant.

Bedwyr

"I see.....I truly am sorry for your loss sir...I can't begin to think how much pain you went through.."  Johnny said as he approached the man slowly and as soon as he got close enough gave him a hug. "....Did you cry?.....if not it is okay to cry....." Johnny said as he looked up. "You are not the evil one...They were....And I promise they will pay in the end just like all the others." He said again. "I promise you they will pay..."

Brisinger987

"My dear boy, I was not always this kind. There was a time, before my death that is, that I went back and murdered them all... I wiped out the entire village, by turning one man into a re-assembling skeleton like myself... Of course, then I decided I would go to the afterlife looking to speak to a god, and in my stupidity, walked into a field of hell, where my sister's walking skeleton killed me, like I killed her." Xerordir finished the story in a bored manner, although he was grateful for the hug.

"I cried for my mother, yes. But after seeing that she was saved and place in a good afterlife, I smiled. But now I am like this, I cannot cry, or smile. I cannot feel like this, and that is my penance..." He sounded melancholy for a minute, but then he laughed.

"Of course, I haven't exactly changed my ways a great deal. But, now I can do this." Xerordir pulled one of his skeletal arms off, waving at Johnny with it.

Bedwyr

"....." Johnny nommed on it smiling. "Tasty." He chuckled before letting it go. "Sorry....You look delicious, And atleast your sense of humor is still intact....I would ask you to teach me but I am afraid my mother nor my father would be pleased knowing their son had learned black magic.." He said before cheering up. "So, how did you escape hell?" He asked curiously as he let go of the skinny bones.

SilverShadow

Tanith had been listening quietly, curiously watching the whole scene unfold. She was thinking about the boy. He had indicated a desire to stay with her. Why, she couldn't fathom, unless it was by simple virtue of the fact that she was probably the first nice dragon he'd come across. It sounded like all the dragons in him home country were rather cruel. She contemplated this. She had always valued her independence, it was why she had never joined the Colony, though she was friends with most of the members. But this boy was a far different story than a colony of dragons. For starters, he was an oddball, like her. An outsider. And he hadn't proved much of a burden so far. Travelling with him could be fun. The more she thought about the idea, the more she liked it in spite of herself.

"Hey, kid. What's your name, anyway? We never really got a chance for introductions, what with the whole demon interruption thing." Then, remembering that he had been unconscious when Veraxitoc said her name, she added, "Mine's Tanith. Tanith Stormflight."

((DUDE maybe he can help her figure out other forms, too! Like, she can take another human form, she just doesn't know it yet!))

Bedwyr

"Johnny. Johnny Hall, ma'am. It is very nice to meet you." He said and bowed respectfully. "....May I ask you something?" He asked curiously as he faced her his big blue eyes beaming up at her. His smile seemed impossibly bright despite his past. 

(Maybe but it's not something he really learned as much as he knew by instincts. :3)

Brisinger987

Xerordir thought quietly, before answering the question.

"Our mutual friend that you met set me loose, gaining influence in my mind. Spend long enough with him and he becomes your master." Xerordir knew Kirnardaz was desperate after the mountaintop incident. A few good people had died tragically that day.

"Of course, after he sheared off a mountaintop and lost everything, I was released from his rather foul influence."

Bedwyr

"I see.....Well can't we just kill him? He is really annoying..." Johnny said. "He kept trying to get us to give him my bracers....And when I said I couldn't he just went nuts..." He sighed before rubbing one of them.  "I really hate these things some times..."

Brisinger987

"He used to be killable. He's now completely immortal. Already tried. Complete decapitation from my scythe and the old head just disintegrated while a new one formed. Even tried getting Guinevere, his angelic counterpart to kill him and she failed." Xerordir took a rock and sharpened the blade of his scythe with it, before placing the rock on the ground and slicing it in half with the scythe, revealing the crystals inside.

He handed one half of the rock to the boy.

"The crystals are meant to bring good luck. You have it. Luck's not my thing..."

Bedwyr

The boy took it smiling. "Thank you sir. But I don't believe in luck." He chuckled before looking at the rock. He happily pocketed it and looked at the group.  "I never expected any of this would have happened to me...Meeting wonderful friends in such a strange land..."

SilverShadow

"....May I ask you something?"

"Of course," Tanith replied to Johnny, with the dragon equivalent of a smile. "Ask away." She might have been concerned about the coming question, but he had no reason to ask her anything that might put her in an awkward position. She had never been anything but a dragon in the presence of any of these creatures.

Bedwyr

"Why did you save me?" He asked quite seriously now as he looked over at her quite curiously.(Sorry for short post T.T)

Brisinger987

Veraxitoc had remained mostly silent during this exchange because he was focused on other things. But when the boy asked why she had saved him.

"My dear boy, one does not have to have reason to save someone. Often, the kindest, most valuable acts, are those done at the will of one's heart, on a moments notice." Veraxitoc felt that words from someone 2000 years old, spoken like that would have the weight of the world behind them.

"Kindness is something that must be taught, and the best teaching method for kindness, is kindness itself. If one cannot feel it's affection, it's emotion on the receiving end, how can one be expected to understand what a simple act of kindness can do to another?"

SilverShadow

Tanith glanced sideways at Veraxitoc. Sometimes she forgot just how old he really was. Until he said stuff like that, anyway. "Err, yeah...what he said." she replied lamely, with a cheesy grin. Then she added more seriously, "And because you're just a kid. You never would have stood a chance alone against a demon like Kirnardaz. If I'd left you, you would have died. And no kid deserves to die."

She paused and looked at him speculatively for a moment, debating. Then, coming to a conclusion, she said, "Hey...do you want to stick with me for a while? I can't promise to be a great companion as I've never really had one before, but I can promise to keep food in your belly, and to keep you as safe as I can."

Bedwyr

He thought it over for a bit thinking about the words...."So....You risked your life saving out of kindness?" He asked kinda surprised. "Wow....." he said before hearing the question "I don't know ma'am...I am afraid to be a burden or weigh you down again....And honestly I can get by just fine on bones...Well....Not as much as a pure blood...But they are well the marrow is a type of nutrient beneficial and a good substitute..." He chuckled. "....I will have to give it some thought...I don't want to put anyone else in danger..."he said as his eyes saddened a bit.

Brisinger987

"I can have Xerordir teach you how to fight. He knows a fair bit. He could match Kirnardaz in a fight most days." Veraxitoc had learnt a lot about Kirnardaz in a very small space of time. Xerordir was looking for another victim of the influence, a Dyr Za Hollogh who had disappeared when Kirnardaz had lost most of his power.

SilverShadow

Tanith shot him a skeptical look, then laughed. "Kid, I'm a roaming dragon. I meet plenty of...tricky...situations all by myself. You won't be any bother at all, and you certainly won't be putting anyone in danger! I'll even," her purple eyes twinkled in amusement, "give you the blood AND the bones any time I go hunting." She had never met a boy who could turn down the promise of a good meal.

"Oh, and for the love of the gods, pleease stop calling me ma'am. We're friends, and I'm not that old. Tanith is just fine." She smiled at him. She knew he was just being respectful, adorably so, but she'd never been treated like nobility before and she didn't really have any interest in starting now.