Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The Blackest of Hearts (Open!)

Started by DaGlobster, January 13, 2014, 07:27:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DaGlobster

Outside the library that belonged to the college of Uthlyn, a carriage came to a stop, steered by a knight that bore the livery of an ancient and long-lost Adelan noble house. The knight showed no skin, his body completely covered up by the full plate he wore. His armor was adorned with golden trims, and featured a cape and feathered crest that were black and white. On his chest, a black dragon was emblazoned, curling around a ruined castle ."My lady, we are here." The knight rasped out, and dismounted the chariot. He opened the door, and an absolutely stunning young woman stepped out wearing an elegant summer dress. She also had on a wide-brimmed hat with bright red and orange feathers on it. Across her neck, a necklace with an impeccably cut black diamond hung, complimenting her ruby red eyes.

"Thank you kindly, Seussal. Would you be so kind as to wait by the carriage?" She asked in her naturally seductive voice, and the knight nodded. "Yes, Mistress Veno."

Stygia nodded to the knight, and turned around to enter the library. She parted the doors, and stepped inside, not bothering to acknowledge other people, even if she did catch the stares of every man (and some women) with her form-fitting dress. She went straight for the section of the library that contained books that leaned towards the occult, losing herself among among the shelves.

Anadwen

The sound of fabric, pulled on the stone tiles, was about all that could be heard in one of the darkest, oldest parts of the library, except for Daerian's fingers, slowly sliding on the backs of books and scrolls. Not many of them were unknown to her... The Uthlyn library was like her second home in her youth.

Her white hand slowly pulled an old book from the shelf. It seemed interesting, but a sigh of disappointment escaped from her mouth when she found out it was nothing that could possibly help.

She appeared almost like a ghost amid the dark shelves, in her flowing white gown, wide under her waist, but perfectly fitted as a corset, embroidered with strands of silver, on her chest. The silver necklace, adorned with clear crystals, was clinking softly every time she moved, and so did the circlet, obviously coming from the same set, only a little darker than the braids of her snow-white hair.

DaGlobster

Stygia took a book from the shelf. She was aware of the presence in the library with her, but made no sign of it. She sniffed the air, picking out a scent that reminded her of Ardeadai's, but ultimately different. She realized she could be faced with another demon, but she didn't mind. If anything, if they were even remotely like Ardeadai, she welcomed the prospect. Alas, her life and love were for Ardeadai only, and for him they would remain. She pulled a book out of the shelf, the title catching her eye. "A Commentary and Compendium of Werebeasts and their Behaviors..." She read aloud to herself, and opened up the book. She remained still, only moving to turn the page as she searched for what she was looking for.

Anadwen

Daerian's purple eyes shifted towards another unusual figure in the library, but she didn't show that she acknowledged the other woman's presence. However, all her senses were aimed at her, and she knew the stranger was far from ordinary...

Dragon blood.

Her lips twisted into a confident smile. Now this may have been an interesting encounter... Walking in the dragoness' direction, only the soft clinking of metal told of her coming, but her graceful sight soon appeared between the shelves, holding a couple of old scrolls.

She smiled. Indeed an interesting meeting.

Wicked Basket

"Werebeasts are interesting creatures," a voice said from behind Stygia.
The voice belonged to a man wearing long robes and had the appearance of an old mage or scholar. The man gave her a friendly smile. He had wanted to get to her before the woman in the white gown did. There was something unusual about this woman, and he would find out what. It wasn't often that mortals attracted his attention.

DaGlobster

Stygia turned to face the old man a bit faster than she would've liked, but that was mostly because she didn't notice his smell or even sense him until he was actually behind her. He smelled like the woman in white, the one she originally sensed. She didn't question that they were demons, the both of them, so she wanted to be careful about this. The necklace Ardeadai had given her was displayed proudly on her neck as she looked both of them over with her ruby eyes. She gently closed the book she was looking at, a beautiful smile entering her face as she faced them. "I should consider myself lucky. Two demons have deemed me worthy of attention."  She said in her naturally seductive tone. "Would it bother to ask you your names?" She added, giving a slight bow (and a stunning view of her cleavage) to both demons.

Wicked Basket

Darkaroth chuckled.
"I am no demon, my dear," he said upholding his friendly facade. "And you are no ordinary human either."
This woman was definitely more than just another fleshbag. She could tell that he wasn't human, and even though she was wrong it still validated Darkaroth's assumptions. That necklace was also quite fascinating. He would have to inquire about that as well.

Anadwen

Daerian only watched their conversation in silence. "Everybody in Uthlyn knows me and my name." she chuckled. "I can clearly see you are not local, then." She cleverly avoided answering the woman's question, and leaned against the bookcase.

"What does then bring a stranger of such unusual kind here, to Connlaoth? You appear to be from Adela... Lady dragoness." her lips twisted into a smile while her hands caressed the scrolls. The old paper of which they were made felt almost like a withered skin...

DaGlobster

"So I've been told." She said to the old man, and gave her attention to Daerian, who was infiniifely more interesting. She truly was a beautiful woman, and Stygia sighed inwardly. Were all demons (because apparently the old man was some other kind of extradimensional creature) so intensely attractive? For her, Stygia could make an exception in her love priorities. Surely, Ardeadai wouldn't mind if she shared some love about, would he? She was pretty sure a demon wouldn't mind, for were they not creatures of debauchery?

She looked at Daerian, and her eyes narrowed slightly. "This dragoness is just conducting some research." She said, her eyes scanning the both of them. Her pupils went from round to slit-shaped, and she returned Daerian's smile, stroking the side of the book with her thumb. She turned around, giving them her back. "Shall we sit?" She asked as she walked out of the shelves, her and her stunning red dress disappearing around the corner.

Wicked Basket

So, she was a dragoness. Interesting. Darkaroth followed close behind Stygia.
"If I may be so bold," he began. "Where did you get that necklace of yours? It is very unique. I have never seen anything like it before."

DaGlobster

Stygia paused in her walking and turned around again, taking the necklace up in a hand gently. "It was a gift from my lover..." She started, and she locked her eyes with Daerian, her reptilian slit pupils giving way again to normal looking round ones. She smiled, showing her teeth. They were perfectly white, and her canines were slightly longer than normal, ending in a bit of a curve. "...one of your kind." She finally said, chuckling softly as she sat down at a square reading table, setting her book down on it. Her legs crossed under the table at the ankle, and she opened the book to the page she left off on. It was a section that dealt in how exactly one went around becoming a werebeast. Stygia had experienced one way first hand, but she knew there had to be a different way. "So, if I may ask my lady, what are you doing, hmm? Hiding that beautiful face of yours among the dusty shelves and even dustier scholars? Doing some research as well?" She asked as she leaned forwards on the table, drawing an imaginary circle on its deeply colored wood with her nails.

While she spoke, she thought about the old scholar. If he wasn't a demon, he was definitely something similar. It didn't matter, not like she was that interested in him anyways. She knew a facade when she saw one, seeing as how she was such an expert in them and their use. She couldn't quite pinpoint Daerian, because her smile really did look genuinely alluring. Maybe she was a lady of similar means of Stygia...

Wicked Basket

"A lover," Darkaroth repeated. "He must be very wealthy to afford something as fine as that. Might I have his name? I might know him from somewhere."
Darkaroth already had his first clue. Her lover was a demon. Darkaroth also remembered how Ardeadai was looking for ways to turn mortals into demons. Could this woman be the one all that research was for? He didn't have sufficient evidence, but what he did know hinted that Ardeadai was in love with a dragonness. Delicious. Absolutely delicious.

Anadwen

"Research... Off course, one would not be searching in the library for an adventure... Or a lover." she winked at Stygia, letting go off the scripts and scrolls as she bent above the table and laid them down. She gracefully sat opposite the dragoness, and her hands arose to the circlet atop her head.

In the meantime, she projected a mental image of Kirnardaz to Stygia. Is that lover of yours really one of my kind? Who I think he might be?

Her purple eyes flashed with crimson for a short moment as she revealed her sharp teeth in a smile, but then returned to their original color, and she put her hands with sharp nails down onto the table. "Now what brings you here, my lady - except the research?"

DaGlobster

Stygia let out a smirk as Daerian linked their minds. She studied the mentally projected image of Kirnadaz, frowning slightly. No, I do not know that demon. I do, however...know his son. I must say, Ardeadai is quite the stud, is he not? Oh, don't tell me...are you with his father? she thought back in reply, a smile concealed in her eyes. She couldn't tell if Daerian was trying to seduce her or not, but if she was it was kind of working. Stygia tried to recall the last time she had been with a woman, but could not. She did remember it was another dragoness, however. The memory brought a smile to her face.

"One never knows what they'll find in a library, my lady. Did you expect to meet a dragoness today? But...I digress." She said, and she turned her eyes upon Darkaroth. "Now, that's information I wouldn't just give to any random stranger I meet. The world's a dangerous place, you never know who you can be speaking to." She said, almost not being able to conceal how dismissive she felt about the old man. If anything, she wanted him to leave as soon as possible, so she could give Daerian her full attention. "I'm afraid research is all I came to do. Research on how to make one willing man into a creature like me. I must confess, there's no better experience than making love to a dragon, my lady. Such passionate beasts."

She projected some more words to Daerian. If only this old coot wasn't here. We could've had that dark aisle of shelves all to ourselves. she thought, a forked tongue shooting out of her mouth for a brief moment before retreating back inside.

Wicked Basket

Darkaroth decided to take a shot in the dark. What was the worst that could happen?
"You turn him into a werebeast," Darkaroth asked. "I would imagine that he would want to turn you into a demon, like him, so that you may live together for eternity. Quite the romantic sentiment I must say."
Darkaroth knew that the two of them had been communicating telepathically. What were they saying to each other? Perhaps she told the woman in white of her lover and not him. How rude. Darkartoth was now more determined to get his answer.

Anadwen

"If that is what you search for, my lady, I may be of help. I have knowledge in many areas of study... And dark arts are no exception. Whatever you wish... Necromancy. Control over shadows. Traveling between realms. Werebeasts and changes just as well..." she replied silently. Knowing that there was no one else but them and the old scholar, she spoke more freely, but still carefully.

Indeed, I am... Is that his son? This is a truly fortunate meeting... The crimson in Daerian eyes remained for this time, and her teeth appeared as sharp as blades as her lips twisted into a smile. Her wings remained hidden, but the slim fingers, resting atop the scrolls, turned into steel-hard claws.

Oh, that old man? Don't worry about him... I will make sure that he'll be gone if it would come to something that's not to be heard by other ears.

DaGlobster

Stygia smiled at Daerian, her forked tongue passing over one of her own fangs as well.I think I got lucky with the inlaws... she mentally purred, taking a moment to breathe some green fumes from her nostrils."Necromancy? I've dabbled in that a few times. Seussal, dear!" She called out across the empty library towards the doors, and they swung open. The knight that had accompanied her and drove her carriage was there. If Daerian and Darkaroth were capable of sensing magic, merely looking at the knight would give them goosebumps. In terms of magic, Seussal was completely inert, and seemed to suck the magic out of the air like some undead black hole. The knight walked over to the table they were sitting in, and sat down. "Seussal here's my own creation. A Wight, immune to magic and its effects. He keeps me company, and makes sure no troublemakers get into my lair. His sense of humor's a bit stiff, though. Seussal, could you remove your helmet?" She asked, placing a hand on the knight's shoulder.

Seussal promptly reached up, and removed his helmet, revealing a black skull with brightly glowing eye sockets. "Not my best work, but he is all I have left to remind me of a time when I was a human." She sighed, and continued the conversation in the mental world. I believe the old man is more than he may seem. He smells like you, the coppery smell of a denizen of the dark hells below, but there is something else. she projected, and she batted her eyelashes. "Would you like to depart, my lady? I have a carriage outside, and we can discuss these matters...without any prying individuals." She said, and she gave Darkaroth a dismissive glance.

Anadwen

Daerian eyed the wight with interest, mirroring in the crimson irises of hers. "An interesting servant..." she uttered.

At Stygia's note about in-laws, she chuckled. You could not have gotten luckier. And neither could I... It's a pleasure. I believe we will have a lot of interesting time together. One of her white hands arose to Seussal's head, and grabbed his chin with the sharp, pointed claws. "I can see what you are... Look at me." She grinned. "Yes, yes... I see... Not too far from my own creations. These servants sure are quiet, aren't they?"

This Seussal was not too far from the shadows she has been experimenting on. Quiet, but powerful, neither living nor dead in the body of withered flesh and singed bone. However, her subjects seemed to go in a different way... She believed they could surpass this wight with raw, brute force, at least judging by what information she could drain from him through the touch, but  the fact that he sapped magic from the air could be dangerous. Fortunately, this didn't affect her abilities a little...

Yes, we may. I have a mount waiting for me as well. A rather unusual one, I daresay! But this scholar is indeed strange. He has a demonic aura around himself, and yet he is not of mine, or your kind. I believe we are not safe... She nodded and stood up, leaving the scrolls to roll off the table and slip onto the ground.

Wicked Basket

"I must say, it is rather rude to have a telepathic conversation when someone else is here," Darkaroth said calmly. "It's pretty clear that you are not fond of my presence, so I will leave. But before I do, tell me..."
Darkaroth decided to take a leap of faith.
"How is Ardeadai? Is he in good spirits?"

DaGlobster

It was clear to everyone preset that Seussal did not take kindly to being touched, as it was his sole purpose to fight interlopers. One of his heavily armored gauntlets reached up and was about to clasp around Daerian's wrist, before a glance from Stygia sent the hand back down to rest on the pommel of his greatsword, which he used one-handedly in conjunction with a tower shield on his back. Even with his barebones appearance, it was obvious that Seussal was a beast of a man in life.

Stygia gave Darkaroth a perfectly crafted odd look, along with an immaculately fabricated answer. "Who? I know nobody of that name, old man. Farewell to you, good sir." She said, and took the book up in her hands. "I beseech you, my lady, ride with me in my carriage. I promise, the conversation will be...engaging." She coyly said as she turned her perfectly shaped back to Daerian and started to slowly walk towards the door. Seussal got up, put his helmet back on, and strode after her. There was something interesting on his back plate. An advanced necromantic rune, denoting an advanced creation. Daerian could see that Seussal wasn't just a normal Wight, he was a Wight Lord, a creature capable of performing necromantic spells of its own.