Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Love is Blind (Goblin!)

Started by Zero, January 15, 2014, 04:30:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Nadya looked up bleary-eyed as she heard the chair scraping harshly against the floor, and was just in time to see him trip over a crate in his hurry. A moment later he'd fallen hard - into her lap. Her very first reaction was to blush furiously, considering his face had landed right in her lap. Rather than worry about how awkward and improper the situation was, it was something else entirely that her mind was focused on.

Giving a soft squeak of surprise, without thinking, she grabbed Keegan by the shoulders and tried to help him, since he seemed to be having trouble regaining his balance and composure after his fall. She could see him blushing, it would be hard to miss, and knew that he was as embarrassed by the slip up as she was. "Oh my goodness, are you okay? Here, grab onto me, you're not getting anywhere with the floor."

GoblinFae

"I think death is better than getting off the floor right now," he mumbled into her skirts as he allowed to assist him. It was his curse that she could see his blush and yet he could see to hide it himself.

Keegan apologized profusely, moving to sit beside her and bury his head in his hands. "It was never my attention to attack you so my lady. I only sought to comfort you, not maul you." He groaned to himself upon realizing he was quite unlikely to see, or rather hear, Nadya Lancaster in the stables again after this unfortunate incident.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

"Oh don't be so dramatic." she chastised softly as she helped him sit up. Watching him move beside her and put his face in his hands, she really wasn't sure quite why he was this badly flustered. Really, it was a very embarrassing, sure, but there had been no real harm done. Nadya felt bad for him, in a way.

Tentatively she reached over to pat his arm lightly, in a somewhat awkward attempt to be of some comfort to him. "It's okay. Really. You didn't attack me, you just tripped. I'm not mad or hurt."

GoblinFae

He startled as she touched his arm, not realizing that she had been making a move to do so. Yet, he raised his head and smiled weakly nonetheless at her attempt at comfort. "I pray you are not crying either my lady, for this whole debacle of disaster that ended with a wayward stable boy in your lap began with his desire to put an end to those tears. Is there perhaps one thing that has worked in his favor?"

Shyly he looked over her, his cheek resting on his folded arms. If he imagined hard enough he could see in his mind what she looked like now. He had aged her gracefully and gently in his dreams. Right now he "saw" lavender eyes set in a pale face somewhat glassy with past tears but even with red-rimmed eyes she was an angel. Keegan smiled, his angel indeed.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

Zero

Nadya blushed and flinched slightly as her touch seemed to startle him. She hadn't meant to do that. Then again, she hadn't really thought about what she was doing or she wouldn't have done it. Being blind had to be awful. You were in the dark forever, never seeing what was all around you. Still he lifted his head and smiled at her, and the young lady found herself taken with that little smile.

"No more tears right now, I promise. You're so sweet to care about some silly girl like me crying." Realizing that her hand was still resting gently on his arm, she blushed and snatched it back, not wanting to be rude by invading his personal space.

GoblinFae

"I see no silly girls here," he replied cheekily, giving Nadya a wink. "Now if we can refrain from more not-silliness perhaps we might uh...well hm...you know I didn't actually think this through and I have no idea what to suggest." Keegan laughed and blushed some more.

The cat purred and brushed between them both, feeling much safer now that the two humans had stopped flailing about. Persistently he pushed his furry head under Nadya's arm and placed his front paws on her leg.

Meanwhile, the stable boy reached over to pet the cat, scratching at the creature's back. "If you think you're silly you must think me the perfect role of fool, leaping from lofts, tripping over crates, fumbling for words. Is there any way we can start over? Rewind and pretend none of this happened?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

No one really talked to Nadya like this. Like she was just a normal person. They ignored her, or walked on eggshells about her, or seemed to think that she was something more - or less - than she really was. Non-nobles seemed to think that she would look down on them, and other nobles seemed to look down on her. She supposed she couldn't blame anyone for looking down on her.

The cat had come between them, seeking more attention. She liked His Nibs, and she liked the boy too. He was sweet, and a little silly. There was an odd sensation in her face, and at first Nadya didn't realize that she was smiling at him. It was a small, shy smile, but a smile nonetheless.

"I don't think you're silly at all. I think you're very sweet, and kind, and compassionate, and maybe just a little reckless. When you jumped off that loft I think my heart lept into my throat. I'm glad you weren't hurt."

GoblinFae

Keegan tried to shrug it off, making a face that said it really was not as big of a deal as she was saying. "Honest it was nothing. I do that several times a day. After the first hundred falls it doesn't hurt so much," he deadpanned moments before giving her another wink to show he was pulling her leg.

"You are however too kind to say such things of me, especially after such a short meeting. A woman that can do that though and sit on the floor with a stable boy, I don't think is really one who will never dream again. Your character suggests a strong woman and therefore one that will be happy again."

He held out his hand to her, palm up. "That'll be two suns for the fortune-teller's words. Come back in a year if you're feeling charitable after your good luck. If things don't go your way then I'm sorry but I'll be out of business with no sender address." He was joking of course but he hoped she knew that too. Maybe Keegan was not as funny as he thought though
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

"What if the rope broke or was moved? How would you even know before it was too late?" Nadya really was concerned by his jumping for ropes to slide down from the loft. It was dangerous. Maybe she didn't really know him, and someone might wonder why she even cared, but she did. Just because she didn't know him was no reason not to care if he got hurt. He was still a person.

"Two suns? I do believe that is an outrageous price, good Sir. Besides, I don't have any coins on me. I'm afraid that you've been robbed of your time." She knew he was joking, and she was joking too. That strange feeling was in her face again, and she lifted her hands up to touch her cheeks curiously. Feeling rather dumb she realized that the strange sensation was the muscles used to smile, which had been seriously neglected for a long time.

Feeling rather foolish she laughed hesitantly. "Oh my, I haven't smiled in so long I forgot what it felt like!"

GoblinFae

"Robbed!" he gasped, placing a hand upon his chest. "Ye gods! Well then I must now demand a kiss as payment for my services. Pay up," he said, leaning close and tapping a forefinger against his proffered cheek.

He too was smiling and his eyes seemed to twinkle with his mirth. "Surely you would not deny a good entertainer his dues when he has made you laugh and smile so brilliantly?" It delighted Keegan to know he had made her happy even for a second. It was all he ever wanted to give her.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Violet eyes widened, growing large as saucers. Nadya had joked about robbing him of his time, but she hadn't expected him to come back with such an absurd thing! It was hardly proper for her, a lady, to be kissing a simple stable boy. She blushed deeply, ashamed of her own thought. Why was it so absurd? The idea that someone was unworthy of another by merit of simple blood was offensive.

"Thank you, for making me smile,I haven't smiled or laughed in so long, I think you did earn your reward." Taking a deep breath Nadya leaned forward, closing the rest of the distance between them. It was a shy, tiny little peck on the cheek, but it left her blushing furiously as she leaned back again. She had never kissed anyone before. Never would she have imagined she would give her first kiss to a boy in the stables that she barely even knew. Even if it was just a peck on the cheek.

GoblinFae

Keegan wished he could slow time down to savor this moment forever. It happened so quickly he was not even sure it had happened. One minute he was joking that she owed him a kiss and the next he was receiving one.

Slack-jawed, he blinked repeatedly as his face, neck, and ears burned crimson. When he was at last able to slam it shut with a click, he licked his lips nervously and tried to thank her. His voice momentarily cracked like in his adolescent years, causing him to blush a deeper shade of red before he was able to clear his throat and start again.

"Thank you Miss Nadya. I think I owe you an extra fortune-reading given the quality of that kiss. Don't forget to make good on it," he quietly jested, his teasing toned down several notches from earlier given his concern of pushing things too far. Keegan simply could not believe that he had received his first kiss, even on the cheek, from the only person he had ever dreamed of kissing.

'I only hope that I can make some of your dreams come true Flower Princess as you have just given me one of mine.'
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Nadya wished that she could just disappear in that moment. Keegan seemed to be even redder than her! Why had she done something so silly? He had just been joking about the kiss, she knew, but she hadn't thought there was any actual harm in giving his cheek a tiny kiss.

When his voice cracked as he attempted to speak she tittered softly, feeling nervous and breathless. Was he going to be angry that she had done that? In her young life, she didn't think that she had ever been more embarrassed. What a foolish girl she really was.

Then he spoke again and she let out the breath that she had been holding. Nadya found herself giving another shy smile. "I don't know about another fortune-reading, but maybe you could offer me something else instead? Like...a friend." She flushed and stammered out quickly, "I mean, I understand if you don't want to. It's just...well you're so nice, and it gets so lonely in this huge house. I just thought maybe it would be okay if I came to the stables sometimes just to have someone to talk to."

GoblinFae

He found it endearing how she rambled nervously. 'That makes two dreams, Nadya. Are you planning to fulfill them all at once? Take care you don't burst my heart with joy!' Keegan mentally chuckled. He was in heaven sitting here beside her. It was all he could not to leap up and crow from the stable roof his joy at being able to do so.

"A friend you shall have," he replied, wishing to put an end to her nervousness. "You are always welcome here Miss Nadya. I would never send you away. You'll just have to forgive me when I have a bit of work to do but I am always here to talk or listen." The stable boy shrugged his shoulders before adding, "or sing and dance. Apparently I'm quite the entertainer these days. His Nibs comes regularly for the Clean Up Slide and the Mid-morning Shuffle, says they're great acts if you're into that kind of stuff."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

She had no idea that she was fulfilling any dreams. The lady would have been completely stunned to know about Keegan's feelings towards her. After all, they didn't really know each other. If he had known her, then surely he would not have felt that way. She was quite unworthy of such adoration. Her grandmother reminded her daily that she wasn't good enough, wasn't pretty enough, wasn't going to be able to find a good husband to run the estate for her.

Thankfully, though, he agreed to having her come to the stables to see him. It would be nice to have a friend, one that made her smile and feel almost normal. "Oh I promise not to get in the way, and I look forward to seeing and hearing your performances. If His Nibs and the horses enjoy the show, then I'm sure I will too."

GoblinFae

"Well," Keegan began, "I wouldn't really judge my performances based on what the horse's like. They're a rowdy and fickle bunch who are far more interested in the sweets they get out of it than the actual art."

The stable boy shrugged and shook his head in a manner as if to suggest that there was nothing to be done about it. He rubbed his hands on his legs, wondering what to say. When he could come up with nothing though, he decided to defer to Nadya for direction.

"As your newly appointed friend is there something I can get you?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

Nadya felt like her heart might explode in her chest, or her cheeks would go numb with all the little moments of delight that forced her to smile. She couldn't help herself. The way he spoke about the horses just made her day.

Maybe the lady didn't know the stable boy very well, and maybe others would have frowned at the way the spoke and sat together, but she didn't care. There was something special about him, and that made her want to get to know him. Someone who could smile and laugh so easily in the face of blindness, who could see so much beauty in life without seeing at all - that made him extraordinary in her soft violet eyes.

"Oh, you don't have to get anything for me. Actually, I should probably go. Grandmother is going to start wondering where I've gone off to, and I've probably put you behind on your chores. I'm sorry about that!" Standing suddenly, she realized that she had probably spent too much time in the stables already. Her grandmother would be furious if she knew what she was doing. "I promise to come back to visit you soon."

Even though he couldn't see it, she gave him a little curtsy before quickly leaving before someone saw her goofing around in such an odd place.

GoblinFae

He smiled and listened as she moved. Nadya was a ball of energy just waiting to burst forth and bloom. Keegan just hoped he could be there to bask in her light when it happened. She really was such a sweet soul, even if she did not recognize it about herself.

Standing slowly, and brushing the straw from his pants, the stable boy offered her a warm smile and a bow of his own. "Until we meet again fair friend. I look forward to our next encounter!" No sooner were the words out of his mouth then she was on her way. It was lucky then that she did not hear him add, "and every one after until there is no tomorrow."

Keegan hummed and sighed, a broad smile splitting his face in two as he went about his duties. There was an extra bounce to his step as he day-dreamed about the girl he loved and the things they could talk about in the future.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Zero

It was four, seemingly endless days before Nadya was able to confidently sneak away and back down to the stables. Ever since she had left Keegan there after their brief, but deep, conversation, she had found herself longing to return to the smells of fresh hay and the soft voice of the very sweet - and cute - stable boy. She hadn't really thought about it the first time she'd spoken to him, but he was quite handsome.

After making sure that no one else was around, she slipped into the stables as quietly and subtly as possible. It wouldn't due to have her grandmother knowing what she was up to. The snooty old woman would have disapproved and never allowed it. So it would just have to be her little secret. Of course, that would only work if her new friend was as discreet as she was.

Sneaking in felt wrong, but she was kind of curious to see what he would be up to when not knowing she was there.

GoblinFae

In the days of Nadya's absence, Keegan went about his chores as he always did. But if paused at the sound of someone entering the stables or paused to look longingly towards the doors, none of the other workers ever commented. He was considered a strange one as it was with his unblinking gaze that always seemed to stare right through a person and see their very soul. No, no one said anything and so Keegan spent four days with only a misnamed tabby cat and a handful of horses as companions to converse with.

He was sweeping the floor between the stalls after having mucked them all when Nadya sneaked in, not that he noticed though. Keegan was busy arguing with one of the horses who was leaning its great head over its stall door towards him and snuffling at his pockets.

"No no no! No sweets for you! You've had enough already and you're going to get me in trouble you greedy cretin!" Despite his angry words, the stable boy was laughing and squirming about to try and escape the searching mouth that knew there was an apple hidden somewhere on his person.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

Tags: