Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Willow Wood[Access through PM approval]

Started by Demous, January 16, 2014, 07:50:19 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Demous

Introduction
Willow Wood

Willow Wood was a out skirted town on the borderline of the mountain range which stretched far along the side of Fallial. It was an enclosed town, a small forest consisting of willow trees surrounded it. They dotted the lush green land, and weeping willows were the true artifacts of this town. They were mystical. Exotic, and presented an awe struck emotion the moment witnessing their beauty.

They were unlike the other tree's, and the forest consisted of exactly ten of these beauties. They could be detailed as bright green, and traces of silver. They were said to be manifested long ago by a famous magician known as; "Almer Ghostrick"
His powers were unique unlike others, and he was a man of life. He could entwine his powers with the things around him, give them properties unlike those before, and present a new presence through out the world.

The Cartwright family had settled in this land after the unforgotten war taken place long ago, and the signs of that intense battle were seen all through out the land. A prominent place for magic-folk, and that's exactly what brought the Cartwright's here. The last member of the family left in Fallial was a young-man, age twenty, but looked no more than seventeen. A youth presented itself about him, and a revitalized generation; Demous Cartwright.

This was the town he was born and raised, but settled with his uncle for two years, in Tirial, after his parents had passed.

The young-man was actually out examining the tree's in the area, something he did regularly, and often scoped the remains of what seemed like conscious memories. A history was carved into the land, but shown remains of...change

Roleplay

A huff was heard through out the forest as the occasional stubborn grunt. "I wish this was easier...." a firm voice was heard, soft, but also feeding a sense of uniqueness; accent. It wasn't anything obvious, but his worlds were often slurred. They had their own sense of inner workings, and ingenuity.

The brown haired boy was standing roughly a foot away from the tree, while his palm touched against it, and his eyes closed. Deep inside his head, he was focusing on nothing, but rather a subtle feeling. It was a vibration within' the tree. It resonated energy, and the magic of his ancestors. The fae. The subtle hums would grow louder as he focused intently on the shifting tone, and falling blissfully into it's essence.

That's when his eye's shot open, a grin forming, and a growing chuckle; "Ahaha! That's incredible! Who knew one could possess such...will!?" his voice was complimentary to the art in front of him, and despite the war...these reminders are what healed the wounds for most. These tree's hold great sources of energy, and those acknowledging enough could understand...they could be used. That's why he was studying them....who knew what was around the corner!?

Anadwen

The thudding of a horse's hooves shifted through the forest. Maedhran's long hair was waving in the wind, ruffling the leaves of trees around, but despite the speed his mount was walking at, the strange, tall man behind him still managed to keep the pace.

Ryuch watched the elf with his black eyes, glinting in the rays of sun. His mouth was in a wide smirk as always, revealing his sharp teeth. After a while of silent following he brisked up, and once again appeared beside Maedhran. "Are we still far?"

"Yes, we are. I told you that till you see the city, we will be far from it." replied the red-haired knight, and scratched his head. "You are asking me all the time."
"You aren't too talkative..." the death god sighed.
"I'm riding and not willing to bite my tongue off. That's all." Maedhran turned his head away and rode on.

Ryuch laughed, and as he revealed his real form, he sprang into the air and appeared right before Maedhran. The elf screamed at the sight of Ryuch's skull-like head, grinning at him, and immediately pulled the reins back. The horse neighed and stepped back, almost turning around and galloping back. "For the love of gods! Ryuch, don't do this to me!" Maedhran shouted. Ryuch sighed and slipped back to his more human form.

Demous

Hooves could be heard in the far far distance, but nothing too loud. It was almost near silent next to the loud hums emitting from the tree. The frequency it projected allowed him to tune in into all kinds of things, but most of it was jumbled up. Demous pulled his arm from the tree, and flicked his eye lids open to reveal his aqua colored eyes. The man tried to listen intently, but now it was so feint he couldn't even trace the direction it was coming from.

<I'll just do it for a moment....> he suggested to himself, talking about enhancing his hearing, and remembering the last time he had done so. It wasn't pleasant at all. A loud community, mules, children, and much more. ALL AT ONCE! It almost drove him mad, haha. This time would be different though..the forest was quiet.

Demous waved his right hand across his right ear, focusing, and thinking intently. This was nothing near those who were experts of this genre, but it was a good tool to those who didn't know the difference. The foot steps were much louder, pedaling in his direction, and he assumed they were taking the path to head through the town. The city was in the other direction, and this was one of the off routes to there. That's when he heard the horse seize, and bellow with surprise. <What's going on?> his voice questioned inside his head, flickering through different thoughts, and realizing he should move to the path to at least see who was headed toward them. They were roughly a football field apart, maybe a bit more...but nothing they couldn't at least take a glance of from the distance.

The man shifted his linen cloak so it'd cover his whole body, but still leave his face uncovered. That's when he headed in the direction of the path, taking position along the middle of it, and peering down the long direction. A floating figure, horse, and someone riding the beast he heard earlier. Who were they, and what did they want with Willow Wood?

DaGlobster

From the path behind Demous, the mage's enhanced hearing would be able to pick up  the sound of whistling. If he looked, he'd find the source to be a man a fair distance away, riding a horse down the path. He was armored lightly, and rode a rather magnificent looking horse, albeit it wasn't his. He was covered from bandolier to boot in all kinds of tools and trinkets of his trade. Some were obvious, like lockpicks, but others were strange, like a short iron rod. He wasn't lacking in the personal defense department either, as the pistol, short sword, and rapier on his belt showed.

Herrick held the reigns in one hand, and a jewel in the other, which he was examining as he rode and whistled. Compared to his usual take, the small ruby was small fry. It lifted out of his hand, and floated into one of the pouches on his belt. He didn't know much magic, but he used what he could whenever it was convenient.

He spotted the man standing in the middle of the road, facing the group that was coming down it. "Easy, girl." He said to the stolen horse, and it huffed and came to a stop. "Pray tell, stranger, you should get off the road!" He called out, waving. "If a carriage comes by in a big enough hurry, you might become one with the stones below you!"

Anadwen

Ryuch flew higher, and peered down at Maedhran. "We have company, pointy-ears. A lot of company." he informed him, and moved further forwards. Maedhran shrugged. "We couldn't have avoided company... This isn't a wasteland, people cross these forests often. Let's just hope they'll be friendly."

He spurred his mount on, and continued riding.

"Maedhran?" Ryuch questioned him after a while.
"Yes?"
"One of them doesn't seem too friendly."
"And the other one?"
The death god shrugged. "Can't tell. I can see their names, but not personalities."

Demous

Demous' ear slightly twitched as someone from behind him as also approached, from the path to town, but sadly he wasn't in that direction. The young man shifted himself but spinning on the balls of his feet, and facing off to the side of the road so he'd keep attention to both respective parties that were headed his way.

"Pray tell, stranger, you should get off the road!" He called out, waving. "If a carriage comes by in a big enough hurry, you might become one with the stones below you!" fitted with various sorts of things, both his hands, and his outfit. They were aligned with various different things, and overall gave good appearance to what seemed like a thief. This wasn't his first time seeing a bandit of the sorts, and he's had plenty of encounters. Some were honest living, others were greedy. Who knew...

The boy shifted his eyes from the other direction to Herrick; grayish hued iris' now. "I think I'd be quite alright, so.. what brings you to Willow Wood?" he'd ask politely, but showing obvious curiousness. The population here wasn't large at all, and most people take city routes to their destination. Only reason someone would be here is either stumbling in by accident, or have a specific reason. Let's hope for their sake it was only by accident, because Demous didn't take kindly to mysterious folk.

The other people were sitting in soon, but he'd wait for them to stop before discussing with them as well. "So how much of that is stolen from my town, by chance? Seems you go looting often, or you're just a strange looking merchant." he regarded an average stereotype to the man, letting his logic get the best of him.

DaGlobster

"Please, sir. You insult me!" Herrick said as he put a hand up to his heart. "I'm just a man of adventurous nature, merely passing through." he proudly said as he smiled inwardly. He stopped his horse a couple feet away from Demous, patting it on the neck. "I suppose I could say the same about you, fellow. Standing about in the middle of the road like a doe frozen in terror." He said, and raised an arm to scratch at his well-kept beard, his neck-length hair shaking abberantly. As he lifted his arm, Demous would be able to see exactly what kind of pistol he carried. It was a veritable cannon, with a barren two times longer and three times wider than the average pistol. It was covered in markings and images of dragons. The bullets it carried were also oddly designed, and were conical in shape rather than round. Demous could also sense the combined magical aura he put off from all the enchanted little tools and trinkets he carried, most strongly from his rapier. "If I may ask, what are YOU doing out here, hmm? keeping watch for something?"

Anadwen

Maedhran's horse stopped shortly before reaching the strangers. Ryuch was still hovering above his head with a wide grin on his lips, checking the two men. "Both are human..." he uttered.

Maedhran's hand arose to his head in a salute towards the two. "Greetings. This is the road to Willow Wood, am I right?" he asked. The death god landed beside him, and peered at the men from behind the elf's back. Their names and remaining lifespans were hovering right above their heads, but he remained silent, only grinning.

Herrick Tavish and Demous Cartwright... He will keep this to himself. It was always interesting to see if humans lied about themselves.

Demous

Demous noticed the pistol, along with the other devices, and odd trinkets alike. The pistol was divine, and held an unusual presence...but very familiar; magic. It was something Demous knew himself, and something very well. The markings along it were also presenting it with a intimidating factors, but nothing that could scare off Mr. Cartwright.

"I live here, and study this land. Along with those who come through, either looking for trouble, or honest work. What's your trade?" the man said slyly, and simply grinned as the horse's footsteps were much louder, and now vanished into a voice from a man. "Greetings. This is the road to Willow Wood, am I right?" the stranger asked as his horrific flying friend landed next to him. //What...is that?// he thought to himself, assessing the two of them, but his conscious still remained intact. Instinct-wise, using his peripheral was useful...he usually hit the targets.

"You're quite right, what's your business with our town...if I may ask?" presented the same question to this other traveler. It was a regular routine for this boy, and quite a few times did he run into bandits, and others who he saw through like glass. They were bad at keeping an act, but hey! Bad are usually bad, and good is usually good. They are bad at acting good!

Anadwen

Maedhran waged his head towards Ryuch. "My companion is searching for something... Or someone. And I am simply taking him to the closest town..." he explained plainly. The death god made a step forth and grinned.

"That is right... Cartwright." His black eyes shifted towards Herrick, and his grin widened. "Are you surprised to see travelers on the road? I believe it may not be as unusual as your face might tell." The chains on his black clothes clinked a little as he moved forwards, towering above Demous despite standing bent.

Maedhran carefully watched over both of them, but didn't say one more word. Better not get into the affairs of the gods of death...

Demous

The man gazed upwards, gazing into the death gods eyes, and remained a simple...plain expression. The creature was arched, skinny, and unusually...strange looking. It was something that the perception of a human didn't necessarily comprehend on the first instance, but it's not the first strange thing he's seen. The world was filled with mysteries, and this was just another on his list.
"You can depict names apart from souls, knowledgeable, and strange magic..." commenting on this being, noting his intelligence, and the power he possessed. The boy's were more widened, and showed his impressed outlook on this person, or...whatever it was. This creature seemed to hold a very dark mysterious aura as well...something was off. "Looking for something, or someone? So I see your power has it's limits. Who are you searching for...?" responding with his analysis of this person, and asking the obvious question.

Anadwen

Ryuch laughed shortly. It sounded like a crow above the battlefield - something he closely resembled both in his nature and appearance. "Every power has its limits. I am looking for a... Knight." he explained him. Maedhran behind him nodded, sliding off the saddle.

"Please, excuse my companion if he says things that might seem scary to you." he apologized for Ryuch upon seeing the man's face, which he saw as surprised, possibly even terrified by the tall, dark figure of the death god. "But we mean no evil. I can guarantee that."

Ryuch's hand reached forth towards Cartwright's shoulder, but Maedhran's glance stopped him before it reached it. The long, claw-like fingers sunk back to his side, and the death god gave the elf a short glance, but didn't attempt to touch the stranger again.

Demous

The man's eye's set onto the hand of the creature as it reached out for him, obviously unsure. The creature was different, and who knew what the touch could do. The man was prepped to react, but the hand stopped cold in the air, and returned to the side of the Death God. That's when he glanced over to his Elven friend, which obviously didn't like the idea either.

"I've seen rarely any Knights in this town, it's one of Mage heritage...so they can't find much of what they want here." Mr. Cartwright responded, flickering back through old memories, and possible sightings of these armored fighters.

DaGlobster

Herrick watched Demous and the other group a bit closely. Given, situations like these were coincidential at best, but Herric couldn't help but sigh internally. He didn't like the look of the skeletal looking guy, but he supposed nobody really did. There was something fishy there, definitely. "A knight, you say?" He asked, and brought his horse about, extending a hand to whomever wanted to shake it. "Sir Herrick Tavish, at your service." He boastfully said. No matter how skeptical it sounded, it was the truth. When Herrick used to be an agent for the Adelan Throne, he was knighted for his service. He was already of noble descent, but the knighting made his noble blood official, as he was an adopted child.

Anadwen

Ryuch shook his head. "Not a man such as yourself. An elf. A dragon rider..." he explained, completely ignoring the outstretched hand. He didn't expect to find him easily, but he knew that he was still alive - even though he should not be. What surprised him was the fact that Tavish didn't even attempt to lie about his name...

Maedhran behind him shrugged and sighed. "He's from Adela, the knight Ryuch spoke of. I honestly don't expect him to be anywhere around - even as a knight myself, I don't know if I've ever heard of him, or met him." And if he did, he didn't remember it.

DaGlobster

Herrick returned his hand to the reigns, shrugging nonchalantly. "Eh, it was worth a shot." He commented, adjusting a strap on his armor. "A dragon rider? Can't say I've seen one anywhere for a while, recently, especially not in that town back there." He explained, and looked back down at Demous, a real shit-eating grin on his face. "What about you? Seen any dragon knight? or do you just stand out here on the road and delay travelers and? A noble profession, If any." He chuckled as he motioned . His tone suggested no actual offense, just a small nudge at the circumstances at Demous' expense.

Anadwen

"Going by the name of Black Sword." Ryuch added after a while. "It doesn't matter whether he's here or not. I need to know where he could be." He had to find him - for a reason that he kept for himself.

"He described him as a tall, pale, black-haired elf in dark clothes..." Maedhran slipped from the saddle and made a step towards the death god. He wasn't too fond of the man on the white horse and didn't find his actions too pleasing... Actually, he appeared arrogant and rude. He frowned a bit, and grabbed Ryuch's elbow. "These are hardly going to help you. I doubt any of them have seen anyone like that..." he attempted to persuade his companion, but Ryuch shook his head.

"No. I want answers... I'll wait for them." he replied, still staring at the two men.

Demous

Demous looked at Herrick, regarded what he had said, and then turned his attention away from him. A cowardly stab to the man he knew nothing about, and all he could mention was how he was held up. Oh, how he was going to be held up....
"What's the rush, stranger?" his voice spoke firmly, as he regarded Herrick cunningly, but maintained his focus on the Death God, and his partner. They had given slight information to who they were looking for, but his magical prowells didn't necessarily reach those heights. Despite holding a strong will, and being able to manipulate magic in large ways...it still had it's limits.
//A knight? Black Sword?// the young man thought to himself, gathering recollections of his encounters, and possibly any sightings of Knights. He's seen different suits, guilds, clans, and various other people who professed their knighthood. Though, a Black Sword never came into that picture.

DaGlobster

"There is no rush, just curious." Herrick stated, and placed a hand over his heart. He spun his horse about, and it cantered past Demous towards the other group, which he passed as well without so much as a prating glance. That pale guy could use a strong cut of meat... he thought to himself as he passed, a sort of observational thought. He looked like he was leaving, but he stopped his horse after a few seconds. "This knight, does he ride a black dragon?" He asked curiously, crossing his arms. "I've heard tell that there was a black dragon in Adelan lands, but nobody's sure if there's a rider with it or not. Might want to look into it, the man who saw it said it was in the Thunderblack foothills." He said, raising a thoughtful finger. He looked like he was about to say something to Demous, but he turned the horse back around and kept going. He was thinking of saying something along the lines of "Tell the constable I'm sorry about the horse" but he decided against it. He wasn't feeling like trouble at the moment.

Anadwen

Ryuch nodded. "Yes, he does ride a beast like that." he admitted. "Big black dragon. You can hardly see the rider atop him, since they're both all in black."

Maedhran only watched their conversation. There was nothing he'd know about this knight Ryuch talked about that he didn't tell him already. He crossed his arms on his chest, his eyes flashing from Ryuch to Demous and back again. The death god wouldn't harm the man, but... Well, who knows about the customs of gods and humans.

He just tried to keep out of trouble as long as possible. It was already difficult with a strange companion like Ryuch.