Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Allergic Reaction

Started by visualspice, January 22, 2014, 04:02:39 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

And the shriek he made was deafening. Had she just..
did she just!?
An elbow shot out, hoping to aim into her gut, even if it was a blind retaliation because- BY ANGSAR'S NAME!!!!! WHAT THE HELLLLLLLLLLLL!??????
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Winters-Feather

Wisp burst into a pearl of laughter as the monk shrieked. The joy from her mischeif rippled through her body and suddenly Wisp remembered. In a puff of smoke the very tall and very naked woman was a  tiny fairy.

visualspice

ANd the puff of smoke sent the templar to his knees. And he was soon coughing out pixie dust. And the second he saw her as the flying mosquito fairy from earlier, he gasped- and was about to point an accusing finger at her when he doubled over, choking more on the smoke, even as it inevitably faded.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Winters-Feather

"Everyone, stay alert! She cannot escape!" the guard's commander bellowed through the clammer.
Two guards stood ridid, weapons in hand, unsure what to expect.
Another  stood in front of the door.  Another tried to catch the Cloud.
A guard stooped to help the monk to his feet.
"Are you alright?" he asked, coughing.

Wisp zoomed to the door, but found that neither she nor her Cloud could exit the room. She flew to the top, but there were no open windows and no cracks through the walls. The Cloud tried to exit the door, but could only squish up against its
"Whaaa?" the fairy squeeled.
The guard's commander chuckled, jingling the keys.
"See? We have precautions for keeping the tricky ones inside," he said.

visualspice

All of the chaos and seeming incompetence in the room that NO one was reacting fast enough to catch the puffy, flying cloud, made Kentamin blow his top.
"Don't give that mage ideas!" he shrieked. "Now find something, that sack over there, the burlap one.. and we can use it to catch her before she finds a way to escape!" For he did not believe she wouldn't have a trick up her sleeve. Mages were vile creatures and he could only hope she'd be subdued before someone might be killed.

Winters-Feather

Before the mist completely went away, Wisp hid in the cracks of the armor of one of the knights, careful not to make a sound or alert him of her presence. Her Clould, having no real matter to hide,  stayed put. It seemed almost confused in its  stationary position. Even so, it bobbed gnetly in place, completely indifferent to the  guards who tried to poke it. 

visualspice

Kentamin was beyond exasperated.
"What are you doing!?" he barked. "No, it's not there! OVER THERE!" And he was nearly pulling out his hair as they continued to miss and the little cloud just puffily evaded.
"ANGSAR'S NAME! HOW DOES ONE CATCH A CLOUD!?"

Winters-Feather

The captain of the guard  turned scarlet. He had never seen the likes of it before, but he didn't want to admit that.
"What do we do?" a knight asked. It was Wisp's knight, and she held a hand over her mouth to stiffle any giggles.
The captain turned to Kentamin, pointing a finger at him.
"You," he said, his voice sharp. He was through with games.
"You bottled that thing up, aye? How'd you do it? What do you know about this... cloud?"

visualspice

Kentamin was taken back.
"I just... put it in there, like you're failing to do with it right now!" he shouted, eyes still frantically watching the cloud that was becoming anything but caught!

"Don't you have something else to try to catch it with?" he griped.

Winters-Feather

The guard grumbled in response. He clearly did not see things through. He pointed tothe discarded cloak on the ground.
"You two!" he barked at all five of the guards. "Get this cloud into this cloak at once!"
The guards exchanged glances, but two of the greener ones nervously stepped forward and wrapped the cloud in the cloak like a sack. The Cloud did not protest nor  showed signs of aggression. Wisp couldn't see what was going on, but thought she was a little nervous, she did not panic. If the Cloud hurt, she hurt. Right now, it was tranquil.

The captain  turned towards the monk, with an expression that clearly showed just how DONE he was with this.
"Don't think this is over," he scolded. "I want to know what monks are doing with prisoners! Let's go."
Wisp shivered with anticipation as her knight began to shift to open the door.
I'm going to be free! she thought, her head filled with dreams of flight.

visualspice

Kentamin was beat red with anger.
"I have explained this to you several times!" he huffed. "I was on official business of the church! It was an unfortunate circumstance that this thing got loose!" He bristled. "And once you hear from the head priest, you will feel foolish you're even questioning one who serves Angsar!"
Because he thought those men were being damn rude as he huffed out of there and into the street.

Winters-Feather

The knight whose armor Wisp hid in held the door for every man before leaving room. Wisp waited with impatience, as she heard the monk storm out. The captain ordered three other knights to leave the monk alone, but to go straight to the temple and start investigating.
"We carry out the law, not those mendling preists," the captain growled.
"yes, sir!" her knight replied.
And then, he started to move.
Wisp awkwardly shifted in her hiding place, clinging to the edge of armor and  stiffling a yelp of glee.
She was going to be free, free, free!

"Why is that  creepy goddamn thing following me?" She could hear him muttering to himself.
My Cloud, she realized.
When the sounds of the street were loud and clear- horses, carriages, the quick patter of feet and voices shouting about their wares, Wisp knew it was time to bail. She bursted out from her hiding spot and shot for the skies, laughing wildly. A lady pointed, horrified, her child shouting in awe. The knight, confused, looked at them before realizing the small white speak  zooming past rooftops. Wisp faintly heard him shout, but  that didn't matter.

A tingling rush ran through her body as Wisp shot through the skies, arching and looping around her Cloud. Euphoric, she couldn't stop laughing and cheering, enjoying the wind hitting her wings again. She flew for a half hour before her body felt completely sore.
What's wrong? she thought, frustrated as she collapsed onto her Cloud.
She realized being bottled up might had haved somthing to do with it.
"Bleeegh," she  huffed, but no matter. They were home, again.

She floated on her cloud looking down at the city as the sun set. Her eyes landed on the monestary she had escaped from.
"Hmm," she muttered, pursing her lips together.
That one trick she did before seemed to REALLY aggitate that stupid man and all those knights before.
"How did I do that?" she asked her Cloud, who provided no answer.
She decided, then, that the best course of action was to head for the nearby woods and practice until she got it as right as she did cats. THEN she'd play a trick on that monk that he would never forget...

visualspice

Kentamin had a headache for the next few weeks. Explaining how the magical creature escaped had been exhausting. He was miserable, hoping he'd be reassigned soon, but the only news he got was that he was to stay there for another month! Thankfully he could find some solace when he went to bathe in the bathing house. But the waters were cold, and did little to sooth him. But he liked being alone when he bathed, it was the only time he could relax, though only if it were alone. After dunking his head beneath the waters, he slicked his hair back and reclined, closing his eyes and trying to forget this head ache of a job!

Winters-Feather

Getting a grip on the trick took longer than Wisp thought. The first afternoon had proved tricksy, having only being able to accomplish it four times. After three days of yelling, tearing her hair, and concentrating so hard her blue tinted skin turned bright red, Wisp managed to learn how to transform into a woman, if not clumsily. She wanted to fly out to prank the monk immediately, but a headache had her vision spinning. Wisp collapsed onto her cloud, staring out into the night sky, the stars twinkling as if in laughter. She was about to  fall asleep when she heard singing. Curious, she flew towards a small camp of travellers. Some looked like families in ragged clothes, but others were dressed with the same clothes as the monk wore. Wisp's eyes lit up, suddenly ignoring her massive headache.  This was her opprotunity!

visualspice

The men were unaware of the trickster lurking nearby as they prodded the fire and shared a round of dried meat. The night was cold, but not remarkably so; but the winds of Connlaoth were always unforgiving, and the men had to keep their backs to it to protect themselves from the chill- and their fire from going out.

Kentamin wasn't with the group, however, he was a topic of interest as they men went on about the events of the day.

"Can't believe that kid-"

"Yeah, he's too young to be where he is."

"Someone probably waved money infront of the church's nose."

One man scoffed.

"Probably."

"And to think, he set loose some monster. Who knows if we can get enough skilled men gathered to hunt after her."

Winters-Feather

Monster?
Wisp wrinkled her nose, confused by the whole situation. Though it was kind of funny somebody was an idiot enough to let loose something big and awful - like a bee stung bear, but worse-   but it was also kind of scary, too. She figured it must be something dangerous, if they needed 'skilled men.' It was going to take them a while.
I broke out of that awful place easily, she thought with pride, rubbing her temples.

This was her chance to steal some spare clothes, but she couldn't do it wiith so many men around.
The fairy took in the deepest breath of air she could and let out a crackling, wild laugh that would sound faint, but distinct to the men's ears, her lungs being much smaller than theirs.
She then jumped onto her cloud and zoomed out into the dark and loudly snapped a twig violently for emphasis.

visualspice

The men all leaped to their feet.

"What in Ansgar's name-!?"
Immediately, weapons were drawn and one man pointed. "That away!" He was certain of it!

Like a bull, the group rushed head long into the darkness, shouting for the offending beast or person to make themselves known.