Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Out of the chains, into the storm [Owl]

Started by Anadwen, January 25, 2014, 07:16:38 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anadwen

Aldanith's bright eyes glared at the guard behind the iron bars. He was almost completely stripped off his armour, now hanging outside the cell, only his dark shirt and pants remained on his body, twisted in chains.

He blew a strand of his hair out of his face. The guard leaned against the bars and smirked. A low growl emerged from the dark elf's mouth. "Let me out, you bastard! Let me out and I'll correct that idiotic facade of yours! Even rats wouldn't eat that filthy body of yours if I'd gut you in a backstreet!" he yelled angrily. The chains clinked as he shook in them, clenching his fists and kicking into the air, but it was useless. The guard only cackled. "You are not going anywhere any soon!" he replied, spitting onto the ground of the cell.

Aldanith only replied with an angry glare. "I swear that if you'll be still alive when I get our, I will rip your filthy head off and drink from your skull, you dirty swine." he muttered. The chains hardly let him to move, hanging above the ground, but he was sure that he could get out - somehow.

And that guard dared to laugh at him... He'll make him pay for even laying a finger on him when he leaves this dirty cell.

Water dropped off the crude stone, forming the walls of the cell. Hay on the ground was soaked in the salty drops of it, the air was stiff, cold and damp. He was deep in the dungeons of a small town, chained only because his companion couldn't keep discrete and silent enough. If he weren't dead already, Aldanith would have broken a stick on that dumb head...

He groaned and glanced at the other prisoner beside him. He was hardly even chained, most likely inside for a lesser crime. "What are you staring at?" he snarled.

Klezmer Gryphon

Arrested for being a public nuisance?! He hadn't even been playing his fiddle in the town square an hour and he was already in jail. Helvechar sighed and sank into the corner of the old, damp dungeon cell. His mind had began to wander to other places when his cell mate began making a fuss with the guard, threatening to kill the man.

He tilted his hat up just in time to get a snarl from his fellow prisoner. He wasn't sure whether to answer or not. He wasn't really staring, but, then again, there wasn't mush else to look at, save the stone walls of the cell.

"Please don't take this the wrong way, but I couldn't help but overhear your chat with the guard. They always tcheppen street musicians... But I suppose you're in for something a little more than being a public nuisance...." He sighed, now staring up at the ceiling. If his hands weren't bound, he'd have been out by now...

Anadwen

Aldanith shook the chains again, his body trembling with rage. He spit onto the ground. "Suppose. You're pretty bright." he growled. Street musicians... All they do is play their stupid tunes and ask for money, having none in their pockets. It wasn't even worth the effort to try and rob one.

He was in for something different... Theft, assassination, resisting arrest, and killing a guard while escaping. Worth a few years in those chains. However, he definitely wasn't planning to spend there such a long time - the band of outlaws, though he hated the group of dirty animals, needed a leader, and that was, off course, him. He'll get out. And gut that idiot that laughed at him.

The guard yawned and walked out of the corridor between cells for a short while, returning again in less than a minute. Aldanith's eyes were still watching him with cold, cruel hatred, mirroring in their ice-cold blue. He'll get out...

"I'll be out before you realize it! And you'll be sorry for ever showing your stupid face to me! You bastard!" he howled, shaking wildly in the rattling chains.

Klezmer Gryphon

The guard in front of the cell seemed to enjoy taunting Helvechar's cellmate through the wrought iron that stood between them. While his cellmate was right to be angry, there was no need to curse the man. It only drew more attention to the cell.... Which would not be conducive to his idea...

"Hey, quiet down. You're only amusing him at this point, and he won't stop laughing." The young gryphon said, watching as his cellmate rattled his chains in anger. With a roll of his eyes, he watched as the guard left again. With what limited movement he had with his talons, he felt around for a rough spot on the wall. Hopefully, he would be able to wear away at the rope binding and be a little more useful...

Anadwen

Aldanith raised a brow and glanced at his cellmate. "What do you mean?" he growled. Off course he had to curse that filthy swine. If he couldn't skew a blade into his skull, then he had to at least curse him.

However, when the gryphon started rubbing the rope on a rough spot on the walls, he understood. His glare passed from him to his armour, hanging in the corridor, and back to his cellmate. "If you unchain me, I'll pay you. With gold." he whispered. He could offer this guy several golden coins for unlocking the chains that bind him, and would gladly do so, if it would mean that he'd be free again.

But what if he was meaning to run away alone? "But if you leave me here... I'll tell the guards. And if they don't find you, I will. I damn swear I will. And you will be sorry as hell." he hissed.

Klezmer Gryphon

With a roll of his eyes, he continued rubbing the rope against the wall. The bindings were coming loose, but it was taking forever. And his cellmate's cursing didn't speed up the process either.

"How do I know you won't kill me on the spot?" He questioned, not really eager to free someone who would turn around and kill him on a dime. However, even if he wouldn't get killed, Helvechar still needed to get the rope off. The sound of a guard coming towards the cell would delay that process even further. Really?! Now?! Without a second thought, he shrank back in his corner, waiting for the guard to pass....

Anadwen

Aldanith narrowed his eyes. "What proof do you want?" he muttered. Actually, he wasn't even planning on doing anything like that - it would only get him to more trouble than before, and that was not exactly his plan. The guard walked off again, after quickly peering into their cell, and the door banged behind him.

"I just want you to shut up about ever meeting me. I won't kill you, because I don't want any more trouble. So if you unchain me, I promise to let you go." he whispered. Another guard's head appeared in the doorway. Aldanith only showed him an obscene gesture with his hand and growled, and the man disappeared again.

Klezmer Gryphon

And that was proof enough for Helvechar. The problem of the rope bindings still remained, though. Rubbing them on the wall worked, but it was taking forever and there was a higher chance of him getting caught. With a roll of his eyes, he opened his beak, and a second later, there the sound of snapping rope... There was a pile of rope and a gryphon with free talons.

"Now, then..." he muttered, looking over at his cellmate. With a bit of apprehension, he walked over and examined the chains that bound the man to the rock wall. However, the sound of another guard opening the door forced him to retreat back to his corner. This is going to take a while...

Anadwen

Aldanith greeted the guard with a hateful glare and a growl. "Get that retarded face out of my sight, you swine!" the dark elf cursed, showing the guard his tongue. The man laughed. "You there behind the bars, shut your mouth. You're lucky to be alive." he replied.

The elf shook with rage, rattling the chains, and his stare was pure hatred and disdain. If he wouldn't be chained, he would grab him through the bars and choke him right there. Unfortunately, there were about five strong iron chains, binding him and holding him above the ground, hardly able to move a finger.

The guard gave him one more disgusted glance, and disappeared behind the wooden door once more. Aldanith immediately twisted his head to his cellmate. "If you free the chains that hold my arms and chest, I can get the rest off alone. But you'd better be damn quick." he whispered.

Klezmer Gryphon

"Alright, alright. Don't be a kvetch about it," He replied. With the guard gone, Helvechar's mind eased a little. He didn't like the idea of freeing a bandit from his chains, but he certainly didn't want to be hunted down by one, either. With a sigh, he set about picking the first lock. Standing up on his hind legs and using the wall for support, he got a good look at the lock. They really need to get better locks... he thought. With a twist of his talon, the first shackle was off.... And the sound of the guard opening the door once more forced him back into his corner.

Anadwen

Aldanith scowled at the guard that peered in. "Get lost, shitface!" he snarled. The guard winged off and disappeared again, followed by a loud thud of the door.

The dark elf pulled his hand out of the broken chain, once again peering at the gryphon. "Get my other hand out and help me slip out of the chains that hold me up... Once I have my arms free, I can unlock the rest." he muttered bleakly.

Klezmer Gryphon

Helvechar sighed. He was beginning to have second thoughts about this... But before the gryphon could even get up to unlock Aldanith's other chain, another guard, different than the one before, came in. His expression seemed softer than the other one, but still had the look of authority. In his hand was a plate of bread and a pitcher of water. Without a word, he simply slid the plate under the door towards Helvechar and passed the pitcher the bars. The guard then disappeared.

Helvechar blinked at what just happened. Was this guard simply being nice, or what? He shrugged and sat there for the moment, looking at the food and water, then to his cellmate, then back to the food and water.

Anadwen

Aldanith emitted a disappointed groan, but didn't curse the guard as he noticed the food in his hands. "That's for you. I'm not supposed to eat." he growled, pointing at the food. "They wouldn't chain me if they thought I should eat."

He gripped his fingers around the second shackle, trying to break it, or at least loosen its grip. It cracked a little... He hissed as it gave way, and his other hand was also out of the chains in a moment. If he wasn't hanging a few feet above the ground, the rest would have been easy. Instead of simply slipping out of the chains, he had to twist his body around into a completely unnatural position, head down. One of the chains slipped down his shoulders, and he kept turning, until he hung there in reverse.

His fingers pulled the chains, holding his chest and hips, and although he looked incredibly comically, it worked well.

If only...

The door croaked, and he cursed under his breath. A guard entered, and his hands immediately let go of the chains. It was now more than apparent that he was trying to escape.

Klezmer Gryphon

Helvechar cringed when the guard entered as his cellmate was (trying) to break out of the chains. There was a few moments of tension in his mind as he watched the guard stroll up and down the hall... And then he left. Ho-how did he not see THIS?! he wondered. Were these guards simply dull-minded?

Regardless, he looked down at the bread set before him. Tempting as it was to eat it all, he knew it wasn't right. Closing his eyes, he muttered a small prayer in thanks, and broke the loaf of bread in to roughly even halves.

"Here. It's never right to keep what one can share," he said, handing one half to the man in chains. Even in jail, there was still opportunity for kindness.

Anadwen

In the very moment the door closed after the guard, Aldanith continued pulling himself out of the chains. He only gave Helvechar a nod at the bread, uninterested in food as long as he's still chained.

The iron finally gave way, and he slipped out, crashing onto the floor with a thud. Almost all his armour was gone, and the chains have left marks on his skin, but he was finally free... Now only to dispose of those bars.

He rubbed his wrists together in an attempt to get rid of the numbness the cuffs have left in his hands, and warily watched the door. Eventually, his gaze sled to Helvechar. "Can you break that?" he asked silently, pointing at the bars.

Klezmer Gryphon

Helvechar shook his head when Aldanith asked if he could break the bars. It was pointless, as if he did, he'd only hurt himself, and wind up with even more jail time.... Assuming the rest guards were smarter than the one that just passed them....

Anadwen

"Then why the f**k did I just get out of the chains? What are you expecting me to do?" he snarled at the gryphon. He was boiling with rage, well aware that alone he couldn't break the steel.

He just hoped that no other guard will enter. That would most definitely be a disaster.