Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Paint by Numbers

Started by visualspice, January 30, 2014, 06:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She took the brush and dipped it in the blue paint, before giggling as she wrinkled her nose.
"Richter!"
He was moving again. He could never sit still! She gave an impatient sigh, but smiled anyways as she shook her head. "Richter, really," she gave a light stomp of her foot. "Please sit still." She smiled and shook her head at him. "How can I paint your eyes if I can't see them? This painting looks really creepy with the eyes."
She held up the brush, smirking over at him before shaking her head again and returning her attention to the canvas.

"You know how finicky these paints can be," she said, moving in real close to the canvas as she took her time, painting the circles of his blue eyes. Dabbing the paint brush into more paint, she worked at the second one and then added black for the depth, and white for the gloss and began to lightly shade over the eyes before glancing over at Richter and smiling again.

"Ricther Lavier," she said, hands to her hips and giving a shake o fher head. "Really, you're like a kid. But I suppose this painting is almost done." And she took a moment to rub at her face, not realizing she smeared some blue paint across her cheek.

"Ok.. come on," she said, after placing a few finishing strokes across the piece before glancing his way. "You can look now." And she stood there, holding her breath in anticipation. She gripped her paint brush between both hands and stepped away, but not before brushing some loose strands of blonde hair from her face.
"What do you think?"

She hoped he liked it. It had been a while since she got a draw anyone from life- and even longer since she had thought to paint her brother. She was just happy he actually let her this time. They hadn't spent a lot of time together as of recently and she missed him. ANd he had a nice face. She just hope she captured it alright.

"Well?" She leaned forward a bit, anxiously awaiting his thoughts, all the while not realizing blue paint was dripping from her brush onto her boots.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

He frowned at being treated like a child.  But he wasn't going to protest too much when it came to Ania.  He had an itch so he needed to scratch it.  His eyes were getting dry so he needed to blink.  It just so happened he squirmed for a few seconds and held his eyes shut for a whole minute straight.  But at her complaints, what was a greater cause for struggle was holding back a smile, as he angled his head purposefully the other way to keep her messing up.

He burst out laughing, holding his belly as he sat perched on the stool she had designated for posing.  "All right all right!  I'll settle down.  It's just..that look on  your face," he beamed and finally relaxed for her to execute the finishing touches on her painting.  He had always admired Ania's painting.  Her skill in art was something he could never match, and he never hoped to.  And he would pose for days if she commanded him to.

Richter looked intently at Ania as she splotched the last bits of paint onto the canvas.  The sunlight pouring through her room in the small house Richter had used to purchase for themselves.  It was near Richard's old estate, which had since been claimed by their Aunt Evelyn and any cousins that came to pick at the remains.  Though Richter should have been the heir, Richard's will was true to the word, and what coin was given to the twins served toward comfortable living for them for now.

It was a small house with two stories, each their own room and not nearly as grand as the manor house in which they grew up.  But it was comfortable and they had a small farm and the crops were selling well this season.   Richter watched the sunlight play through the window and dance upon her golden hair.  She was always most beautiful in sunlight.  Moonlight cast them both in a sallow glow, but in the sun...she was radiant.

"Is it done already?" Richter hopped down from the chair and walked over to the portrait.  He gave an obvious gasp and beamed at her.  "I always knew you had talent.  We should take these to town some day and hang them in a gallery.  Perhaps we could sell a few pieces," he said.  Plucking the canvas from the easel, he held it up to the window and examined it in the sunlight, smiling even wider.  "Though I don't know if anyone would pay for a portrait of my ugly mug," he laughed.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Ania gasped.
"Be careful with it, Richter!" And as he held it up,s he held a breath, but when he turned to her and suggested selling it, (though perhaps this one might not be able to go) she gasped and placed her hands to her hips.

"Richter!" And she took her paint brush and pointed at him scoldingly. "Your face is not ugly. Or else I wouldn't paint it. Besides, don't you think you look much more handsome on canvas? And I couldn't part with it.." and delicately, she took the painting from him with a sigh and peered up at him. The canvas was so large, it hid most of her body from sight before she turned from him and delicately placed it on the easel. 

"Although.." she said, now taking a look at the thing. She tilted her head and furrowed her brows, becoming deep in thought. "Something seems missing... but I just can't put my finger on it.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Richter smiled sweetly at his sister, his only family, and loved her even more in that moment.  He wasn't the most handsomest man in the world, he always thought himself rather plain, but it was certainly better to have someone tell it to you.  It could be hard to try and believe it yourself.  "Oh you do flatter me, Ania," he said and let her take the picture from him.

"Missing something.  Yes, I agree, but what could possibly make it more complete than it already is," Richter said, placing one arm underneath his elbow and the bend of his arm underneath his chin like popular poses of great thinkers and philosophers.

"You," he answered at last.  "It's missing you standing beside me!  I'm sure you'll find a way to work yourself inside the painting!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Ania turned to Richter as her lips fell open.
"Me?" she shook her head. "Oh, no. I'd never paint myself!" The very idea made her blush.

Lion

Richter put an arm around her shoulders and hugged her tight, then pointed to the painting.  "Nonsense.  I can't think of anyone more fitting to stand beside me than you?  It would certainly fill up the space and I think you should do it," he reasoned, letting her go and moving toward the rear of the room, pulling out the full length mirror.  He crouched a little in front of it and coaxed her to stand slightly behind him at his side, viewing their reflection in the mirror, as an example of what it might look like in the painting.

"See?  Doesn't it seem better?  Besides who else should stand beside?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania blushed when she peeked at the pair of them in the mirror together. Shaking her head, she shoved him lightly. "Richter! No means no!" she said firmly. "Besides, don't we have some place we ought to be getting to?" she reminded him, moving away as she began to clean up her painting supplies.

Lion

Richter gave it up and sighed, crossing his hands over his chest and leaning by the window.  He looked out into the field of their small farmland.  It was fair and the crops were good, though the horizon seemed dark so far away.  A storm was coming in.

At  her words, his lips frowned a little and he didn't look at her.  "No, not that I can think of.  Oh... wait a minute," he said, his mind lingering on something else.  "I suppose we can take the crop out to town today to see if the stall will be able to sell more.  Tobin was supposed to come in today and take a haul but he didn't show up yet.  If we go ourselves, we probably won't make it back in time.  Clouds are brewing.  Look on."

He gestured to the window and they seemed to grow darker the longer he looked at them.  "Besides, I know how tired you get on long journeys into town.  And you know I can't leave you here by yourself.  Tobin fancies you, y'know."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Richter! Tobin does not!" Ania pressed. "Why would you think he does? Besides, he's... he's pretty old." She said, trying to stifle a laugh before making a more serious expression as she shook her head.
"But I see you're right. Looks like we'll be rained in today.." she said, approaching the window and leaning against it as she smiled and enjoyed the cool breeze from the on coming storm.

Lion

"He is rather old.  And personally I don't much favor him.  You can do better than an old balding farm goods clerk," Richter said idly, smiling at his sister.  "I mean, you can't live with your frumpy ol' brother forever can you?"  He laughed and gestured to the painting again.  "I really do love it.  You've gotten so much better since you started, it's amazing to watch you progress.  I could never do anything like that."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania blushed at his compliment and averted her gaze.
"Oh, I don't know. Who knows if I'll ever get married. Then you will be stuck with your messy sister, forever!" she teased, wrinkling her nose at him as she smiled. SHe turned from him and glanced back at the room. It really was a mess. There was paint cans, brushes and half painted canvases everywhere. She sighed.
"Guess I should consider tidying this room up sometime," she said. "I never meant to consume this much space in our study."

Lion

"Nonsense.  This space is mind to share with you and you know what, I'm glad someone's made use of it because what do you expect me to do, sit down and write ledgers and letters to uncles and aunts and cousins that want nothing to do with us?" Richter said, half jesting and half serious at the thought.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania blushed and tucked back a smile while giving a shake of her head.
"No.. no, I wouldn't expect as much. But I do wonder when you might get married, brother. Neither of us are getting any younger and well.." She turned away from him, feeling nervous over such a question as her body turned hot and her hands, clammy. "I just... I hope I'm not in the way. I know we've been so close over the years but I.... I can't help but feel awful I might be all that you have."

Though at the same time, she wished she was, too. She had only ever known her brother's affection, and outwardly feared any others. She was too nervous anyways around men, like an awkward, skittish bird. But with Richter... well, she always felt safe with him. They were twins after all, and no one could be any closer than family- and turns out, right now- they truly only had one another.

Lion

"Mhmm," Richter had mused and was lost in thought.  His eyes lingered on the coming clouds and he watched them brew quicker and with great fury in the sky.  They seemed to almost possess him and in the dimming sunlight his face seemed grim, sunken, older, grayer, almost as if a veil of death was upon him.

"A storm is coming," he commented idly, not realizing he had already said so before.

There was a sudden knock at the door that did not make Richter jump.   It was almost as if he was expecting it, but when he turned and looked at Ania, it was evident in his face that it was not.  "That can't be Tobin."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania looked up at Richter. Before she could tell him he just repeated himself, the knock at the door made her jump. Sighing, she shook her head.
"Well, we should not keep them waiting. I'll clean up my mess here, you can go answer the door." She said, lightly touching her brother's arm with a smile.

Lion

He gave her a nod before heading downstairs and checking the sudden knock at the door.  The pounding came again and this time, Richter grew anxious and slowly pried it open.  On the other side was a ragged looking man, old and with a hood over his head.  He was bundled up for the wind  was fierce and rain began to come down as the clouds came in.

"Can I help you?"

"Are you Richter Lavier?  Son of Richard Lavier?" the man asked.  Richter saw his hand lingering inside his coat and he stiffened a little.

"What's this about?"

"I have a message for you." He produced a small leather bundle and handed it to him.

"But who is it from?

"He didn't give his name.  Just said to meet him at the Roadram Inn.  Better bundle up.  It's freezing out here."  And with that he pulled his hood down and set down the path from the farm.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania continued about, boxing up her art supplies and setting her canvas to one corner to dry. She paused a moment to study the way she captured her brother- the brush lines making him seem to come alive. She smiled and ghosted her fingers over the painting before movement outside caught her attention. Seems whoever the visitor was had already gone and left.

Lion

Richter unfolded the leather skin that wrapped the pieces of paper.  They were a well-made parchment, and closed by a seal.  It was simple and he could not decipher what it was he broke the seal and unfolded them.  He poured over the papers, furrowing his brows the more and more he read and reread the wordings within and his heart was racing.  A sweat took to his brow despite the cold air and he felt a knot form in his throat that he suddenly choked on.

He clutched his throat and coughed it away, forcing the knot away and looking upstairs.  "Ania...this is what I've been waiting for for so long...but ... it could all be a trick," he whispered to himself as he remained below stairs for the time being.  It took a few minutes to regain his bearings and slowly walked upstairs, stalking like he was half-dead.

"Ania...We have to go.  Get your cloak," he called out as he approached the study.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania looked down at her brother from where she was perched a top of the steps.
"Richter... what is it? What does the letter say?" Curiously, she moved closer to his side, but remained hesitant as it appeared as if her brother had just seen a ghost!

Lion

Richter peered up at Ania and it seemed he had only just registered her words and her presence.  "We have to go.  Now," he said.  "Get your coat.  Look presentable, we have to head to the Roadram Inn in town."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn