Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Paint by Numbers

Started by visualspice, January 30, 2014, 06:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Ania nodded and tucked back some of her hair.
"Yes... I'm sure we have some time to discuss this later." And hse looked over towards the wall, where a small bag was set. "I put some clothes in there- just some simple things, for traveling." She looked up at him. "I'd assume we'd be traveling light. ANd I... I don't know what I'd even bring."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Richter looked at the painting of himself, allowing Ania to resume packing.  He looked so much older in the oils, even the eyes.  She captured them well, he admired her skill.  It was certainly more than he could ever do.

He wished he was half the man he saw in that painting, noble, bright, regal, perhaps even powerful.  To think how much their world was going to change.

He turned to Ania and smiled.  "We're going to be home at last," he said, speaking more confidently than he felt.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Ania sighed. Though she felt this place had become their home, she couldn't deny it was exciting to see what new place their real father could afford. A sensation fluttered in her belly as it all sunk in. They were like royalty-
Bastards, but they carried blood with power. And though she tried to hide it, she smile and turned her face from Richter and continued to stuff things into her bag.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Richter watched her enthusiasm and smiled, a little.  "Do you need any help with that?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Ania smiled and shook her head.
"No, I think I'm just about done." And peering down at her bag, she looked at the contents, as folded neatly as she could before sighing and moving to close it. "We.. shouldn't keep that man waiting," she went on. "If we're going to do this, he said he'd only be there tonight."

Lion

They had all they could bring, all they needed and stepped downstairs.  The night was so quiet, not even the crickets bothered with their evening chips and the air sent and eerie chill down his spine.  He breathed, steam billowing out of his nostrils.

He was about to turn around to pull the wagon around when he heard chuffing in the distance and a bell ring.  The hair on the back of his neck stood on end and he stood defensively in front of Ania as the carriage came out of the darkness.  He raised the lantern he had in one hand.  "Who goes there!?"

"Argus," said a voice and he pulled out his own lantern from inside his carriage.  "I thought I would pass this way...in case you changed you mind.  Have you?"

"We have.  We've decided to come along.  But you went so far...."

"It is no matter.  Get in.  The night is giving me chills."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Quickly and quietly as they could, their things were packed up and the pair of them, soon stepping inside. ANd it all happened so quickly that Ania wasn't quite sure if this were reality.. or a dream. So she pinched her brother's arm, just to be sure!

Lion

And that made Richter "accidentally" step on her foot.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

And Ania to kick his shin.

Lion

And he to step on her foot while jabbing her ribs with sharp fingers.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania gasped and jabbed his ribs back, and pulled on his ear.
"You're not suppose to hit a lady!" she whispered beneath her breath, while the carriage continued to rock and bounce around lightly as it carried them off into the night.

Lion

"You're not a lady. You're just a sister," Richter whispered back and jabbed her ribs again, harder this time.

Sir Argus just stared at them.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

OOC: Omg, love that quote from the Aristocats! 'You're not a lady. You're nothing but a sister!"

Noticing Argus's stare, Ania elbowed her brother.
"A sister who knows best," she whispered back, before sticking out her tongue on him. "Besides, you shouldn't act so infront of company. it's most unbecoming of you."

Lion

"You're right."  Richter smiled at his annoying little bratty twin before grinning widely at her.  "I can always just cut your hair while you're asleep.  Or do something equally creepy and sinister when you least expect it."

Argus snorted then, laughing.  "God, I wish I wasn't an only child for once in me miserable life.  Do you two ever quit?"

"Only when I win."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She rolled her eyes.
"Like when you put that frog in my paints? Mum was so mad at you. The stains still have yet to get out of the floor boards!"
And she grew sheepish when Argus commented about their bickering. And at her brother's reply, she pinched his shoulder, hard.

"Which means it never stops,"s he went on with a grin.

Lion

Richter grew silent at the memory and he turned his head out the window.  "Well, I guess that doesn't matter now, does it?" he murmured, voice somber. 

Argus was about to say something but paused midway.  Instead he looked to Ania.  "Have you ever been away from home for long?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania grew silent as she studied her brother. The heavy air was only broken when Argus spoke. She turned to him and shook her head.
"No... never. Not really."

Lion

"Actually...we have," Richter cut it, giving Argus a steely gaze.  "Ever since we were about eight or nine years old.  We've been away from what was our home for quite a long time.  Our house...was only temporary.  We are finally going home now."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania grew quiet, and the journey went on as thus for at least another half an hour. She had nearly fallen asleep, but she was too restless to do so as she found herself nestling up against Richter, for comfort, and for warmth.

Lion

Richter did not feel warm himself.  Inside he felt his heart an empty shell, cold and bereft, and perhaps even lost in this wider world.  It was easy to get lost in complacency.  And easy to forget those that had left you behind if you had distraction enough.

Maybe it was better if he did forget.  Then he would perhaps feel differently.  He felt old...  Beyond the years of any young man, having to care for his sister, and their rightful well-being.  They were alone in this world, that much he'd come to terms with.  However, it did not make anything any easier.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn