Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Paint by Numbers

Started by visualspice, January 30, 2014, 06:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She lifted a hand to her lips.
"The Roadram Inn, but why?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Richter seemed almost delirious in how he looked at her, answered her.  "The messenger said, there was a man that wanted to meet us there.  The letter said it was urgent. That it something to do with our father.  Our...real father," he said softly, looking at her more clearly.  He felt his blood rush, anger wanting to surge through him.  Yet it only resulted in a clenched jaw and fist.  "Here," he said, forcing himself to relax and handing over the leather wrapped parchment.  "See for yourself."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"A man?" Ania blinked, still confused but once it was revealed, her jaw dropped open and it appeared as if she had seen a ghost.
"Truly?"
She peered down at the parchment, but she was too stunned to even register the words.
"But what.. what does this mean? How?" She said, shaking her head. It just sounded so crazy!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Richter nodded to her but then promptly shrugged.  "I don't know.  That's what we have to go find out.  It could be dangerous.  I will bring Richard's pistol just in case, but...we should at least give it a chance...  It could bee what I've been looking for all this time. A chance to claim what is rightfully ours!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Rightfully ours? Richter.. I don't know,"s he said, visibly frowning at such a suggestion. "Just because.. because of who our real father is I..." Her frown deepened. "If anything, I'm more afraid. I don't know much about nobility, but you've heard the way father had talked about him- and his wife and I.... I don't know." She cast her gaze to the grown as she sighed. "But if, if you really want to go, then I'll go with you." And she nodded at him. She'd support him no matter what. They had to- they were all each other had.

Lion

"I-I know the rumors.  I know the stories.  But ...  I can't stand the thought of what he has done...or what he hasn't done.  What we deserve.  We are unwanted no matter where we go.  But if this could change all that...  I don't know if I could forgive myself if I didn't give it a chance," Richter murmured.  He peered somberly at Ania, his eyes saying there was no objection he would be willing to listen to and gestured toward the direction of her room.  "Get ready.  We must leave before it is too difficult to come back."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Rushing to her room, Ania dressed herself in a more appropriate dress, but her anxiety got the better of her as her fingers fumbled over the laces. Turning towards her door, she cracked it open.
"Richter, can you help me with this thing? I'm having trouble with the ties."

Lion

Richter blinked at his sister for a moment, as he waited in the hallway.  When she requested his assistance, he nodded and moved into her room.  "Look at this mess.  Ania!  What did I tell you about cleaning up this room once in a while.  It wouldn't hurt you know."  Richter laughed and moved behind Ania.  "Now just how do I tie this thing up then?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania held onto her hair with one hand, the front of her dress with the other.
"Just start from the bottom and pull the strings upwards as muhc as you can, though I've already gotten some of it- it still needs to be pulled tighter."S he frowned back at Richter. "Perhaps I should wear something else if you don't think you could help?" THough she wasn't sure it was appropriate to wear something... so bland- and the outfits she had without a tie back were her plain, working clothes- and most of those were covered in paints.

Lion

Richter shook his head.  "No, no, I can manage," he said.  He furrowed his brow and quickly worked on tying up the back of her dress.  It felt strange, being in his sister's room, and it was momentarily surreal, observing her wardrobe scattered all over the place.  He knotted the last loop at the top of her dress and put a hand gently on her shoulders.  "Here that burgundy cloak goes nicely with that dress."  He moved across the room and pulled the cloak from the wardrobe and set it across her shoulders.  "There, that looks better doesn't it?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania gave a numbed nod.
"Yes, thank you. BUt which brooch? We... shouldn't I wear one? I mean I have one of sapphire, or the other of crystal- though I'm afraid neither would impress..." If that was the idea anyway as she nervously thumbed over the cloak on her shoulders.

Lion

Richter was silent as he looked over Ania's shoulder, his eyes lingering on her skin, her neck and his frown deepening.  "Ania, you don't have to impress anyone.  Whoever sees you would be more than stunned by how beautiful you are," he gave her a soft smile and wrapped his arm around her shoulders, hugging her tightly to him.  "I like your hummingbird brooch the best."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania blushed fiercely as her brother hugged her.
"Only you would say that." But at least she realized she was pretty enough, though apparently not so to catch the eyes of any suitors. What would their real father think when he learned neither of them had been wed? They were so late in their ages that it was inconceivable by most that it were to ever be allowed to happened, but she supposed not everyone got married in their life and she- she never knew really what to think on it.

After all, her brother was her world, and as her blue eyes raised to peer back at him in the mirror, she smiled softly and gathered up her hummingbird brooch and fastened it to her clothes. It had multiple colors but they were made of imitation pasts, though was pretty anyways and the blue color accented her eyes.

"I like the humming bird, too," she told him softly, a hand resting over his. "It had always looked beautiful on mum."

Lion

At the mention of mother and the hummingbird pin, Richter's eyes widened.  How could he have forgotten, and as he looked at the pin, his lips curled into a soft smile and he nodded.  "She could never be as pretty as you of course.  But damn is she a close second," Richter beamed and fixed it a little on her shoulder.  "Are you ready to depart?  I know once we leave...things aren't liable to be the same," he said, frowning suddenly and grabbing her hands in his own.  "Here's to hoping."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Once Richter took her hand, she turned to him, blue eyes sparkling.
"Yes. There's always hope." She gave him an uncertain smile before squeezing his hand and moving to his side.
"And yes, I am ready. Let us go." And she followed him out the door.

Lion

Richter locked the door of their farmhouse behind him and felt along his breast and felt the letter in his coat pocket, taking a breath to steady him.  When that was done they moved toward the stables and he pulled out their small carriage, and the horse in his jacket ready to go.  He helped her inside and took the reins in hand, slapping them and they went barreling down the road.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania huddled into her cloak. The winds were wicked, and a sudden bolt of lightning made her jump n her seat. Peering out the window, she looked up at her brother and called to him through the raging winds.
"Are you sure it's wise we do this now? The storm's almost upon us, Richter!"

Lion

"We'll make it to town before the storm," Richter said, not casting a glance back to her as he rode through the ferocity of the coming storm.  It wasn't very far into town, but with the threat of rain and wind and lightning making the way impassible, it was most certainly a challenge, but not an impossible one.  He smacked the reins for the horse to run faster.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Where Richter appeared fearless and determined, Ania was fearful and uncertain. She wasn't sure what sort of things awaited them at this meeting as she clutched onto the sides of her bench within the carriage and peered out at the darkening skies. The only thign that kept her brave, was her trust in her brother. She had to trust in him, in this- and she knew she'd be safe. But her heart was fluttered and her stomach doing flip flops. It made it rather difficult for her to put on a brave face.

Lion

He was afraid.  He was very afraid.  But he concealed it well.  For the sake of Ania, he kept himself stable, the grip on the reins was hard enough as it was.  As the town came closer and closer into view, suddenly he realized the uncertainty of this whole situation.  He pulled a little on the reins and came to a slow walk.  His eyes looked sad and angry and distant all at once.  "I don't know..." he breathed.  "I don't know if we should continue..."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn