Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Paint by Numbers

Started by visualspice, January 30, 2014, 06:39:00 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Not sure or certain what to say, Ania simply nodded and rose from her chair. Tucking back some of her hair, she clutched her shawl around herself so tight, her knuckles turned white. She peered over at Richter, caught his look but couldn't smile back in kind. In truth, he could probably read what she was feeling in her eyes, for the fear was crystal clear, even in her silence.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

He could.  But Richter would not speak of such in front of strangers.  When they left the tavern, they rode in silence through the rain back to the farm and once inside, Richter rang out his coat, laughing like a boy as he was soaked.  He took Ania's coat and hung them up to dry by the fire.  "Come let's get warmed up, I can whip up some stew if you'd like.  It's far too chilly in here," he said, trying to lighten the mood.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

While he was all laughter and charms, Ania was still shaken by what had happened. Once her coat and shawl had been removed, she took a seat and worked at the ties of her boots.
"I'm not hungry. But if you wish to cook yourself something, please don't inconvenience yourself because of me."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Richter sat in silence as he watched his sister struggle with her boot.  He frowned and moved down to help her.  He quietly loosened the laces on the other one and pulled the leather apart.  "I know it's a lot to take in all at once.  But would you really....pass it up?  Our birthright?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Ania went still, allowing her brother to tend to her boot. Once her feet were free, she wriggled her toes within her socks, socks that were now went from the travel home. And that is where her eyes remained for just a moment before they were raised and met to his.

"I... do not know, Richter. All I know is before all of this, we were fine, life was alright. But to bring in this.. this knowledge... our lives won't ever be the same. Perhaps I'm just afraid of change, no.." and hse turned away, shaking her head as her eyes moved around in thought as she licked her dry lips before pressing them together as she sighed through her nose. Her blue eyes returned to his.

"No, I am afraid, Richter. Yes, it might seem like a great opportunity, potential rank in life, more wealth... but what about the consequences? If there were none... would we not have known this all along? I just can't see this as something good. It troubles me, and last night.... " And at that, she cast her eyes down as she wrung her hands.
"Last night I saw a white owl... like the one from my dreams..."

The one's from her nightmares where she believed the entire world would end, would burn; and the pair of them were drowning in the lake, beneath the darkened sky of night that hailed no moon or stars-
Just darkness.
And then darkness no more-
And tht's when she'd awaken. And now that the white owl from her dream she believed had come...

She could only imagine this was a bad omen.

"It.. it's why I wanted to paint you," she went on, shifting uneasily in her chair as she looked at him. "I know it sounds silly but.. I was afraid.. afraid there was some connection tot he dream and I.. I did not want to lose you, lose this moment in our life." And she pressed her lips together as they trembled, eyes balling with tears as she looked away and tried to hide them, but they slipped down ehr cheeks anyway.

"I can not help but feel so against this over a silly dream. But to think... if i am wrong.." And she laughed at herself, a hollow noise through tears before she shook her head and turned to him.

"What do you think? What can we gain fromt his knowledge if there is something to gain? That we are bastard children of a Duke...."

Lion

Richter trusted Ania implicitly and though she was a free soul, he never took her as one to simply run off with flights of fancy.  He knew of her owl dream, the white creature having frightened her since they were children.  But he didn't know what to tell her then, he could only console her that it was a bad dream and that was all.  Bad dreams went away with the morning.

Richter was quiet and looked down at her feet, still wet in their socks and he reached up and peeled them from her feet, setting them down beside the open flame.  He resumed his seat and crossed his legs, leaning elbows on his knees and looking at the flames.  "You ever wonder how fire burns?" he said, in a half-fascinated tone.

"I mean, it starts out as a small flame, before it enraptures kindling and turns it slowly to ash.  Fire burns, it can cause pain, and grow beyond control.  But like you and me, it dies.  It turns cold, to ash.  Something so mighty, is also so fragile, like mother's crystal.  I broke her favored chalice once, I never told Richard," Richter went on, musingly.

"I don't think he would've cared either way."

He cut his eyes to his sister and moved up on his knees, leaning against the side of the sofa before planting his behind on the rug.  "I know you're scared," he said, expression soft.  "If it's any consolation, I'm frightened to my wit's end.  All of this...is almost too much to bear.  If it weren't for you, I'd likely be hyperventilating right now.  But...but, in the end, I...I want to venture into the unknown.  I want to know...we have a right to know, Ania.  There were dangers even before this day.  Every night I would look out all our windows, lock all our doors, and stay up sleepless for hours just to make sure we were safe."

Richter shook his head and buried his face in his arms, resting it on the cushion.  "We were rejected as children from the only family we knew," he found himself saying.  "What if this is our chance to find our real family?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania was silent as she digested his words. And she knew he was right, however...
"It's the war," she began, turning to look at him. "I know our life has not been easy but..." She presses her lips together. "I was always thankful we were not touched by it. But to have noble blood...." And here she paused, a slight smike twitching on her lips.
"I wonder if that means we'll get to attend royal balls and meat fancy people." And she studied Richter as she tried to bite back a smile. After all, every girl.always dreames of becoming a princess, and she was no exception.

Lion

He smiled at her and rose up to sit beside her.  "Oh I know," he said, tilting his head sympathetically.  "That old adage, with great power comes great responsibility.  We would have a great deal to deal with, a duty to uphold.  But we'd have something no one else would have amidst this terrible war.  We'd have each other."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She gave him a bashful smile and shake of her head.
"I'm sure all siblings say that," she said and went on to point out, "but don't forget we're cursed. Angsar cares not much for two children born at once."

Lion

"I don't care what Ansgar says," Richter said plainly.  "People that fight and die and attempt to speak for a God that no one can see are fools.  Who knows what he could've really said.  He likely had all passels of brats that were born at once."  Richter smiled at her and reached across to poke her nose with his index finger.  "Besides, you don't look like a bad omen to me.  Do I look like some kind've ominous thing crawling out from the dark and deep to you?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania's smile broadened before turning a little mischievous.
"Maybe... Those blue eyes do remind me of devil's blood."

Lion

Richter's eyes widened a little and swiftly reached across to her sides and danced across them savagely.  "They remind you of what!?" he bellowed, laughing.  "A devil was it!?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania ceased up, her face exploding into laughter as she jerked away.
"Yes, yes!" she persisted, scrambling off her chair to get away from his tickling fingers. And hiding behind the chair (her only line of defense for now!), she smiled at him and spoke through light pants of breath, "A devil is my brother! A devil from the deep!"

Lion

"I hope you mean a handsome devil!" he growled and got up, skirting around the chair.  "Now come here!  I'll get you!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Oh, but of course, a handsome devil! Though to be honest if I were to admit other wise, I'd be declaring my own self as ugly." And she paused, hiding behind their table and staring back at him as she caught her breath. "It is the consequence of being twins."

Lion

"Would I be lying if I said you were the most beautiful woman in all of Connlaoth!?  Twins or not!"  He laughed and darted around the table, trying to corner her and he even dropped to his knees when he realized she'd be impossible to catch.  And he threw himself beneath to table to snatch her ankles.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Twin or not, ha! As if I'd believe a devil!" And she stuck her tongue out at him and shrieked when his hands reached for her ankles. She danced just out of his reach and continued to sprint away, making for the stairs.

Lion

Richter was now taken with the game and crawled quickly out from beneath the table, scrambling for the stairs.  He tripped on a step, but not for long, and bounded up four at a time.  "You can run, but you can't hide!  I know where you live!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Ania simply laughed, bounding up the stairs before disappearing around the corner.

Lion

Richter stopped suddenly, pausing at the stairs and listening instead to where Ania was running off to and he crept slowly up until he was at the corner, but had not crossed it just yet.  "How DARE you wait there for me to climb up to you?  YEAH YOU BETTER RUN!"  He laughed and pounded the ground after her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn