Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

'Dekka'-dence and Excess (M)

Started by visualspice, February 01, 2014, 10:49:54 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Dekka kept his shoulder to her before shrugging.

"There was only thing I was always after.... but wouldn't it be something?"
And he left the thought at that, silently chuckling to himself for being such an idiot.

Swallowing down his hurt, his pride, he turned to her and grinned.
"So if i were to.. rob him blind... where should I start?" and he gave her a playful waggle of his brows.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Kathryn couldn't help but smile in response to his antics.  She felt 18 again, entertaining the King of Thieves in her bed while her husband worked in his study in the other wing of the palace.

And what she wouldn't give to turn back the clock to that time again...

"I have a few ideas...  Tarts, for one."  But even the teasing felt hollow now...

visualspice

Turning to her, he gave a hollowed smile.
"I'm not here for tarts..." He took a few steps towards her, then paused as his head darted towards the door.
"Someone comes.."And he moved away from her, like the wind,a nd was out the window before she could even say goodbye.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Ivory

Kathryn's lips parted slightly -- but it was already too late...

...And calling him back was a dangerous idea, anyway...

Instead, she steeled herself and turned to the mirror as a servant knocked.  It was a trivial matter -- a question of fabrics for a dress Kathryn had had commissioned for the coming months...and if Dekka were still at the window, with his ears strained, he might hear a whisper of maternity and a coming child...

"See that no one else knows," Kathryn added at a more conversational tone as the girl curtsied.

"Of course, your Grace," she promised as she turned to go.

visualspice

Dekka held back, his body pressing against the castle stone, but his acute hearing had heard everything. And remaining pressed against the wall, he found little strength to remove himself as somberly, he began to find the cracks already splayed across his heart chipping away and breaking it completely apart. What hope there was he knew was dashed, a child, a true child to the Grand Duke, would give Kathryn no more reason to accept a lover on the side, especially after what she had already presented to him at the masked ball.

Though to save face, he'd find himself wearing another mask forever. A mask that began his fate, a mask to end it.

Ivory

"Close the door after you," Kathryn added as the woman left.  The woman gave one final curtsy, then vanished.

There was a pause, then, and she appeared at the window.  Almost languidly, she leaned against the sill, with one arm crossed over the other.  She sighed softly as she looked out over the courtyard below, then said quietly, "You always were the first to know all my secrets, Dekka."

visualspice

He supposed he knew she was coming long before she appeared, though when she spoke, only then did he lean his head back.
"So how far along?"

Ivory

"About two months," she ventured carefully.  "I haven't told anyone, yet.  Not even Calent.  Definitely not Valia."  She sighed again softly, then turned to look at him.  "You know, just in case."

Just in case of a lot of things...

Her expression saddened, then, and she turned away again...  She had wanted him to be the first to know the first time...  She had written it to him, in fact...if only he would have gotten that letter.  But, by then, he was already gone.

visualspice

Dekka's smile cut cruelly across his lips.
"Heh, to think, you're husband is heading North, for what? At least a month's travel-a nd here you are, possibly with his heir." He shook his head.
"I certainly wouldn't have told either of them, too."

Ivory

"I hope it is."  Fervently.  Another son to erase the burden of what had become of their first little boy...

Kathryn continued looking downwards, and then she glanced sideways at him again.  "Would you like to come back inside?"

It would be a bit warmer.  And more comfortable.

visualspice

Dekka grit his teeth through his casual smile.
"I don't know. Don't you think I've already over stayed my welcome?" THough he looked at her this time when he spoke.

Ivory

Kathryn frowned at him, then stepped inside to give him room to follow...should he care to.

"There's no such thing, Dekka."

What was it about him that always made her head spin?

"But if you're going to go, I think I'd like a proper goodbye.  Unless you think that's asking too much..."

visualspice

Dekka's lips curled ever so slightly at her statement. ANd at the last thing she said, it remained stale and cold on his lips.

Even he was uncertain why he remained, though the hesitation was there- and it was several minutes of the room growing cold before- suddenly he was there.

"If by goodbye you mean a fuck.." he said, playfully grabbing at her sides. "I wouldn't mind obliging."

Ivory

"I'd forgotten," she murmured, sounding rather surprised as her hands covered his.  "How crass you are."  She made no move to pull away from him, however; against her better judgment, she stood there, with his hands on her hips, looking up into his face.

He looked older...

The pair were already close, but she moved closer as she tentatively reached up to caress one of the lines on his face.  "I'd forgotten a lot about you."

visualspice

"What? Is it that I've turned into a dream?" he told her, leaning in close so that his words splayed across her ear, cheek, then neck.

Ivory

Kathryn's eyes closed lightly as his hot breath tickled her skin, leaving goosebumps in its wake.  "Yes," she agreed with a soft laugh that sounded, somehow, sad.  "All a wonderful dream."

Her smile faded slightly, then, and she dropped her hand back to her side as she regarded him.

"But it won't be long, and you'll have to go again..."  And even if he wrote her, it would still feel like having her heart ripped out all over again...

visualspice

His lips ghosted up her neck.
"Maybe we can make this dream last a little longer," he growled into a whisper against her ear, hands remaining up her sides, though one moved to lift her hair away from her neck before he kissed it.

Ivory

She wasn't resisting -- God knew, she should, and, yet, she was melting into his arms and falling all over again with each caress and each breath...  And his lips...

It would be so easy, she thought, to just let him carry her away, as he had done so many times since they had first met...

A tear slipped from the corner of her eye, winding a slow path down her cheek to fall against his.

"When you go, it will break my heart again."

And, honestly, she wasn't sure she would recover the next time...

visualspice

"Then who says I should ever go?" he whispered, his hand finding the tear on her cheek as he wiped it away. "Kathryn..."
But he only let his words trail off, his thoughts and dreams left unspoken as he kissed just beneath her ear and subtly to her cheek.

Ivory

That was just pretend...  But who says they shouldn't pretend -- just for a little longer?

The thought made her laugh quietly.  Pretending -- that's all they were supposed to do from the start.  This was never supposed to be so complicated...

...But, then, of course, the moment he had kissed her the on the eve of the ball, she'd been lost to him...if only she'd known that at the time...

"I never could tell you no," she murmured, giving his cheek an affectionate nuzzle.