Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

First Time In the Light [M]

Started by visualspice, February 11, 2014, 01:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Yeah I suppose so," he said, reaching an arm up to scratch at the back of his head.
He gave her a smile.
"You sure you don't need someone to walk you back. It has gotten awfully dark, awfully quick."
And it wouldn't hurt to at least offer her that, one more time, and if not accepted, it could at least let him linger.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"It is a sweet and tempting offer, but I don't want to keep you too long, your family will worry, won't they? Besides, I'm not afraid of the dark, and I promise to be careful!" Holly smiled at him, her nose still had a stripe of soot on it from where he'd playfully smudged her with a dirty finger, and those stray strands of red-gold hair had fallen back in her face.

visualspice

Instinctively, he swept her hair away from her face and smiled, it tugging more leftward on his face as he noted the smudge- but didn't say anything as he nodded. She could keep that as a memento.
"Then I guess this is finally goodbye. Good night, Miss Holly."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"Good night, Arrick, don't forget." Holly winked at him, before turning and hurrying home.

Climbing the stone wall to her bedroom window was instinctive by this point, and even in the dark she didn't have any trouble getting up and falling inside in an ungraceful heap. Deep blue eyes were immediately greeted with the sight of plain brown shoes tapping impatiently on the floor and she looked up to see her nanny glaring down at her with her arms folded. "Oops..."

The next Sunday she was on the same park bench that she'd been sitting at when she'd first drawn Arrick, a smaller canvas was next to her, wrapped in plain brown paper to protect the painting she had done earlier in the week. She was rather pleased with the sunset view of the park she'd captured.

While she waited for her 'date' she didn't waste any time, her sketchbook out and fingers smudged with charcoal as usual. There were children playing nearby and she had taken to drawing them with their ball as they threw it back and forth.

visualspice

Arrick could see Holly readily as he made his way across the park, though there was now a limp in his step as he walked. It didn't deter his smile as he approached her from behind as he offered her a freshly picked, small bouquet of daisies and blue bells.

"Hey, I saw these on the way over, and the blue flowers reminded me of your eyes." And he gave her a leftwards grin and presented them out to her, his weight shifting as he rested one arm ont he back of the bench.

"Hope you weren't waiting long."

Zero

The young woman was quite absorbed in her art, and since Arrick came from behind, Holly didn't notice him until she heard his voice as he presented her with flowers. She jumped slightly, but her eyes lit up and she smiled brightly as her eyes fell on the flowers, and of course his comment about them reminding them of her eyes.

"How sweet, flowers on the first date? I am a very lucky girl." She giggled, accepting them graciously and smelling them with a smile as she looked up at him almost coyly. Ansgar, but he was handsome, and his brown eyes were so deep and warm. "Not long at all."

Patting the bench next to her, she smiled, almost giddy. "Don't be shy, come sit. I have something for you too! Actually it is for your whole family, I guess. I wrapped it up to protect it, so you should probably wait until you get home - and probably should let your parents open it."

visualspice

"You brought a gift?" he said, scratching the back of his head. "Really?" He gave a soft, short laugh and shook his head. "You know you didn't have to, but maybe I'm the lucky one- I find some girl who gives me a gift on the first date. I wonder if she's trying to get a kiss out of this?" he jested, though the jest was playful and sweet- and well, he wouldn't mind sharing one with her. She was rather pretty, and idly be played with the blue ribbon in her hair.

Zero

"Now, Mr. Longfellow, I could say the exact same of you bringing me flowers. Such a scoundrel, trying to weasel a kiss from me on our first date." She grinned and winked, teasing him right back. Her blue eyes sparkled merrily as he played with the ribbon in her braid, wondering if she actually might give him a kiss. He certainly was handsome enough to earn a kiss, and that smile of his made her heart flutter every time she saw it. "Did your family like the drawing?"

visualspice

Arrick smirked, a dimple cutting into his cheek.

"Of course," he told her. "They loved it. You should have seen the look on my sister's faces as they oogled the drawing. Naturally, after I found a way to get the drawing off of them so they wouldn't tear it to pieces, they were adamant to meet you."

Zero

Holly couldn't help but laugh as he told her about his sisters.

"They liked it that much that you had to rescue the poor thing?" A gentle heat rose to her cheeks and turned her creamy skin to a soft rose hue. That dimple had butterflies in her stomach. They wanted to meet her? "I would love to meet them, and your parents. Your family sounds so lovely."

visualspice

Arrick gave a laugh.
"Yeah... if you knew my sisters, you wouldn't be surprised," he assured her, and made an effort to move around the side of the bench, the limp still evident as he took a few steps and sat down with a bit of a wince.
"My family is pretty lovely, boisterous, loud, but lovely," he confirmed with a breathy laugh. "But even still, I managed to survive getting out of my house." He gave his pained knee a rub. "I see you've been drawing," he said, glancing down at her pad of paper, and to her dirty fingers,which made him smile.

Zero

Holly decided that she loved hearing him talk about his family, they were obviously so close. She didn't have any brothers or sisters, and her parents weren't exactly around all the time trying to connect with her.

She looked down at the drawing of the children when he mentioned it. "Yeah, I've been here a while, have been drawing most of the day." Her blue eyes glanced at his knee, having noticed the way he limped as he came around the bench. To think he was in pain and had walked all the way here made her scowl softly - even if he could laugh about it. "What happened to your knee?"

visualspice

"Yeah, you should have see my sisters- the second I get home, I showed my parents the drawing first, and my mother made the most exaggerated gasp- and my sister's all followed in line. They dropped what they were doing, all their crochet work and skirt mending and came scrambling around to see. I thought for sure my face in that drawing was going to end up torn in half." He gave a laugh, though it slowly faded as he noted her expression when she took notice of his knee.

He gave the thing a rub.
"Eh.. it's sort of embarrassing, but the initial injury I did at work."
Initially, since he was pretty sure- after he got home after walking on it- his sister's made it worse.

Zero

Holly would have loved the story and laughed, but she felt guilty now that she knew Arrick was hurt and he'd walked out here to see her, which had brought him pain. He certainly had kept his promise to meet with her today, though.

They were close enough on the bench that they were almost touching, which was actually probably already improper, but Holly scooted closer anyway. Looking up at him with a half-smile, she had a little bit of a guilty look about her. "Here you are limping and causing yourself pain just to come see me. I'll have to make it up to you somehow - but you didn't really answer the question." Her smile turned a bit teasing, if it was an embarrassing story that just made it all the more interesting to hear.

visualspice

Arrick laughed.

"Well, if you want the full story," he said, giving the usual, thoughtful scratch to the tip of his nose, "My mind wasn't in my work, a certain memory of an artist, keeping me pretty distracted, and I came out on monday with more than just this limp in my leg. I got a bump on my head, and a big bruise on my back." And he laughed about it. "I never thought some girl could make me nervous, but I was a bundle of untamed energy at work all day Monday, and I might have even broke my foot. I'm sure you don't want all the details.." he said with a casual shrug.

"Though I think the limp was worth it," he said, giving her a wide grin.

Zero

Large blue orbs stared at Arrick wide-eyed as he told about his Monday. Holly's cheeks had deepened from pink rose to a deeper red, and when he grinned at her she actually looked away shyly, rather than teasing him. Had he really gotten himself so worked up over her? After having only met her the once? She must have made more of an impression on the handsome miner than she'd thought.

"You really think so? That it was worth it, I mean? I- I think I have more to make up to you than I thought."

visualspice

At her hasty reply after growing flushed and silent, Arrick laughed and laughed. He nudged his shoulder against her.

"You owe me nothing. I think it was worth it," he said, tossing her a wink. "I don't have much time to make friends and well, I'd like to see this time in the park with you- even though it's been what- two days? As something special. It's just.. nice to find someone to do something with who's as pretty and talented as you are."

And not necessarily as crazy as any of his younger sisters! (Perhaps, Artemis, being the only sister in exclusion)

"But no, you owe me nothing. But I do think you wanted to draw me again? Maybe you can draw me as I limp." And he gave her another dimpled smile at such a suggestion.

Zero

Arrick's laughter only made Holly flush even harder, but wasn't she acting like a silly ninny for a man that she'd known two days. It didn't matter how handsome he was, or...She had made the mistake of looking up at him just as he gave her another dimpled smile and her thoughts got all scrambled up again.

Giving her head a shake she laughed softly, trying to regain her composure. "Oh it is quite special when a girl has to twist a boy's arm to get him to agree to come see her!" Holly even managed to sound playful and teasing, which made her rather proud of herself considering the little backflips her stomach was doing.

When he brought up that she'd wanted to draw him again, though, she couldn't help but blush again and give him a sheepish glance out of the corner of her eye. "I actually have a small confession to make on that..."

She flipped the pages of her sketchbook and came to rest on a page with a rather good likeness of his smiling face. It wasn't quite as good as her first sketch, as the new one was done from memory rather than with an active model to look at, but she was rather pleased with the result.

visualspice

"Oh.. did you have more than one drawing of me?" he asked, peering down at the sketch book. "Man, you've got so many of these. YOu're so talented. I wouldn't be surprised if the Grand Duke hired you!" And then  the thought occurred to him- "So if you had a drawing of me, is it that you really wanted to see me that badly again? I guess I should be flattered," he said, flashing her a toothy grin.

Zero

Holly blinked, then blushed. "No! I mean - uh..."

How awkward! This was totally unfair. With just a smile he could send her heart fluttering and having her tongue all tied up in knots, and she pouted slightly. "I did really want to see you again...that's why I drew this...on Tuesday."