Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

First Time In the Light [M]

Started by visualspice, February 11, 2014, 01:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

At such an offer, Arrick smiled.
"Thank you, for everything. It means a lot to me, and I know it does to Holly, too. Our feelings weren't intentional, it sort of just happened over time, and my family adores her and I think were planning our wedding long before we even knew what to do with ourselves."

He bowed his head towards Delmar.

"Holly means the world to me, and although I know her mother is quite upset and I don't have your full blessing, I do hope that with time we can all become happy as a family. The idea you'd consider this is a great honor." He squeezed Holly's hand in return and looked to her.

"In all honesty, I can't imagine a life without her."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"Marrying for love isn't that common for people of wealth or status, but love is a beautiful thing. It is the only reason I am even considering this union. My love for Holly, and her obvious love for you." Delmar said solemnly. He certainly didn't plan on this, but he was smart enough to know that forbidding it was a recipe for losing his daughter completely. Holly always was such a stubborn, willful girl.

Things were going better than Holly had thought they would. She'd been afraid the entire evening would have been a complete disaster. It would have been, if not for her father, and she loved him that much more for how he was handling everything.

Holly squeezed Arrick's hand and smiled up at him softly. "I wouldn't want to live a life without you, Arrick."

visualspice

For the longest moment, Arrick stared at Delmar. What could he do? What could he say?

"If there is anything I can do... to help make this easier for you both... Please," he gave another squeeze to Holly's hand. "Please let me know. My intentions were never to make either of you upset."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"Jessica is a lost cause, I'm afraid. There is nothing you could do or say to make her happy with your relationship." Delmer sighed heavily as he thought about his wife, who was not only furious with the young couple, but quite pissed with him for not forbidding it. "As for my part, there are things you could do that would put my mind more at ease about marrying my Holly. That can wait until after dinner, though. Please, eat. Our cook is quite talented."

Holly felt better now that her mother was gone, and her father was being very reasonable. She smiled up at Arrick before laying her head against his arm for a few moments, taking comfort in his presence before sitting up straight and picking up her silverware.

"Father is right about our cook. I should ask her to teach me so I can cook for you." Things were less tense now, although not completely comfortable.

visualspice

Arrick was trying to smile, but he couldn't help but feel terrible. He supposed it would never sit well with him if Holly's mother forever hated him. So he tried to do as they suggested- enjoy the fantastic smelling meal prepared before them, and at Holly's suggestion that she learn from the cook, his smile grew.

"I wouldn't mind a good meal now and again when we're married," he said in earnest and looked down at his plate, then back to Holly. "I also wouldn't mind learning some domestic skills myself." Whenever he got the free time to learn. As it were, he was lucky he even had today to himself. And though he wasn't hopeless in the domestic department, it would be a fun excuse to spend as much time with his fiance as possible.

He then returned his attentions back towards their meal, lifted his fork and nodded.
"Thank you for this wonderful meal. I'm sure I'll really enjoy it!"

And not quite as delicate as a guest might do while at a fancy home such as this (as he never had such the proper training), he began to eat with large, big gulps, his face a light and delighted at the new tastes he was descovering.

"Oh, this is really good!" he asked, mouth full of partially chewed food. He swallowed. "What's the secret? The flavor of this meat is amazing!"