Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

First Time In the Light [M]

Started by visualspice, February 11, 2014, 01:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Tuesday?" Arrick blinked. "But how... did you draw me from memory?"
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"Let's just say you left quite an impression on me. My drawings are never as good from memory, but the more vividly I can picture or remember something - or someone- the better it turns out." Holly smiled up at him demurely.

visualspice

Arrick gave a whistle.
"I never thought anyone could remember me so vividly. I'm not even sure what to say- thanks?" he said, giving her an uncertain and bashful kind of smile.
"But you really are talented, in art, memory- and the impression you leave on my soul," and the last part was spoken playfully as he gave her a roguish grin. "I think the only thing that might make our little date more perfect is for us to get up and dance-" and there, he offered out his hand to her after he rose from the bench.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

A sort of victorious grin crossed Holly's face when she saw the bashful way he smiled at her. If he was going to make her all jittery with every smile, then it was only fair that she be able to throw him off a little. Though she really wished that he would stop complimenting her so much, it was making her self-conscious, and he should keep that grin to himself! The expressiveness of his face only served to accent how handsome he was.

Blue eyes blinked when he stood up and offered her his hand. He wanted to dance? Here? In the park? Laughing she set aside her things on the bench and placed her hand into his, bouncing up with a positively radiant smile.

"How spontaneously wonderful." She giggled with a playful curtsy that didn't look quite right with her in breeches instead of skirts.

visualspice

"Yes, but I can't do much fun in my life if it ain't spontaneous," he assured her, and took her hand and leaned down to kiss it. "Now I'm not one to know these rich people's dances, but I've seen a thing or two in town plays," he told her, as he pulled her close. "Er..' he blushed, realizing he might have added too much force to that. "I'm a bit under developed in the skills of dancing, but let's not see if I can't pretend I know it anyway." ANd he swept out with her in his arms out onto the park lawn, with as much grace as his limping leg could afford him.

Zero

Holly was grinning from ear to ear, her blue eyes sparkling with an almost awe of him as he bent down to kiss her hand. She'd had suitors for years trying to win her over, all in an effort to add her and her father's money to their pocket of treasures. Arrick completely blew them and their fancy trinkets away with his genuine appeal. He didn't try to impress her with fancy babbles, just with himself.

A gasp was quickly followed by a soft giggle as he pulled her close, and she looked up at him, seeing his blush and flashed him a warm, reassuring smile. She laughed as he swept her out onto the lawn. "You don't need fancy dances to sweep a girl off her feet."

visualspice

"Well that's good, because I don't own any!" he laughed, before suddenly stepping on her foot. "Oops, er, sorry! Guess I'm truly a novice at this!" he said and laughed again but continued, more wary of her feet this time, naturally.

Zero

Holly yelped when her foot got stepped on, but laughed it off. "That's okay, you can use me for practice anytime." She teased him with a grin. "I can even give you lessons if you like." She'd had dancing lessons after all, how hard could it be to teach him how to waltz as well as any wealthy man?

visualspice

"That sounds like you're offering another date," he said, smiling at her, his brown eyes sparking.

Zero

"More than one." She grinned, correcting him with a playful wink. Oh yes, Holly could definitely picture herself having another date or twenty with him.

visualspice

"So I suppose you presume I'd need more than one lesson?" ANd as if to drive the point home- his boot crunched over her foot again.
"Perhaps I'm not meant for dancing!" he said with a laugh and halted in his swing, keeping her in his arms.

Zero

Holly let out a soft squeak of pain as surprise as he stepped on her foot for a second time. "I think more than one lesson for sure!" She smirked as Arrick brought them to a stop, and she found herself blushing as he held her in his arms. "Everyone can learn to dance, but I wasn't talking about lessons, I meant more dates, dancing optional." She teased.

visualspice

"So I see I've upgraded to 'just a date' instead of us finding excuses for one, though I'm not sure if we are breaking etiquette there- but if you were to ask my sisters," Arrick went on. "They would chastize us greatly, I'm sure, as they are the know it alls of the high societal ways of dates- and dancing I'm sure." He chuckled and then leaned in as he whispered, revealing, "But to let you know, I don't think any one of them is truly an expert or has had a real date."

Zero

Holly had a hard time concentrating on Arrick's words. Oh she was definitely watching his lips move, but it wasn't what he was saying that had her so riveted. A little thrill went through her as he leaned in, whispering to her, causing her heart to flutter and race as the color rose to her cheeks. What had he said? Oh yes, etiquette and his sisters.

With a somewhat shy smile she whispered back, "I don't much care for proper etiquette." Then she did the very un-etiquette thing of leaning in to give him a soft, chaste kiss. He was so tall this was really probably her best chance of planting one on him!

visualspice

The kiss wasn't entirely expected , but definitely not something unwanted as she'd feel his own lips curl into a smile- even through the kiss's soft briefness.
"I'm not sure what I did t deserve that, but if you let me know, I'll gladly do it again."

Zero

Holly grinned as she felt his smile, then grinned wider at his words. Her heart had nearly hammered its way out of her chest when she'd kissed him, partially from the thrill of the action itself, partly because of nervousness to how he might react.

"You already did." She murmured softly, raising one hand up to lightly caress his cheek before pressing her lips against his again, this time lingering over the kiss.

visualspice

If there was any doubt on the feeling behind the kiss before, there would be no doubts when the second kiss came. Still soft, this one lingered, long enough for Arrick to lean in, his large, rough hand cupping her cheek as he kissed her back, and the sensation was intoxicating because he didn't stop at just one kiss as he kissed her more and more.

Zero

Holly must have been out of her mind! She felt his rough hand against her cheek, her stomach was doing backflips as he not only returned the kiss, but began kissing her more and more. He was holding her close, and she couldn't help but cling lightly to him. Her skin was growing hot, her face flushed and her eyes closed as she lost herself in the moment, the kiss becoming something far less innocent.

visualspice

When was the last time he properly kissed a woman? Years, probably, unless you count the holidays, but he and the other girls were normally a bit tipsy- and more kisses were normally shared that day. No, this was definitely something different, and a whole lot more.
And he most certainly did not want this moment to end.

"I wonder if we shouldn't take this conversation elsewhere?" he said between kisses. "Things are a bit more private by the river..."

Zero

Holly had never kissed a man before the way she melted into Arrick's kisses. She'd never met a man before that she'd wanted to kiss like this. Or to kiss at all. Just the insufferable "gentlemen" that her parent's had tried to push upon her.

Her heart really did skip a beat as she turned an even darker shade of red. He wanted to go by the river...for privacy. Holly's head swam for a moment, but she knew that Arrick wasn't like that, and she realized they were drawing looks. "Of course...just let me grab my things."

It took an effort to stop kissing him and pull away, hurrying over to the bench she shoved her things into her satchel and threw it over her shoulder, then carefully picked up the wrapped painting and tucked it under one arm. It probably took less than thirty seconds for her to reappear at his side, her fingers gently intertwining with his as she took his hand and smiled bashfully up at him.