Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

First Time In the Light [M]

Started by visualspice, February 11, 2014, 01:43:58 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

"Would you like me to take that?" he offered, gesturing to the wrapped painting. "I wouldn't mind carrying it," he said as he walked along, hobbling a bit from his limp, but keeping his smile all the same.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

"I should make you carry, considering it is for you." Holly teased, sticking her tongue out at him before grinning. "On the other hand, can't have people thinking I'm being mean to an injured gentleman, especially not such a sweet, handsome one as yourself." A playful wink was afforded to him, her fingers squeezing his hand gently.

visualspice

Arrick laughed.
"So make me look like the horrible gentleman and making my lady carry my gifts? I think not. How about you just hand it over before I find out if you're ticklish or not?"
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

Holly's eyes widened, making her large, dark blue eyes pop even more, their kissing had made a mess of her braid, silky strands of red-gold falling loosely about her face.

"You wouldn't dare!" She hadn't even noticed that he'd referred to her as his lady, although it probably was just a slip of the tongue anyway.

visualspice

"I have four younger sisters, would you really try to dare me?" he asked, narrowing his eyes at her playfully.

Zero

"Yeah, I would." Holly grinned, pulling back from him. She had the feeling he definitely wasn't bluffing. Of course, what fun would it be if she just handed it over?

visualspice

"Alright, you know you leave me no choice, Holly Marston," he growled playfully. "BUt since you're being stubborn, I'll be nice and let you carry it.."
And so he was as good as his word- she would carry it, but a second later- he was soon carrying her! He hefted her up onto his shoulder with a grunt, and continued to limp on forward.
"But now you have to deal with me carrying you both!"

Zero

Holly's eyes had never been so wide in her life, he lifted her up and had her slung across his shoulder so fast she didn't even have time to squawk in protest. She'd known he was strong, his bulging muscles were a testament to that, but just seeing them hadn't done Arrick justice at all. Feeling those muscles put to use lifting her easy as you please, well, she truly was stunned and in awe.

Then of course she realized that she was being carried like a sack of potatoes. "H-hey! This is not dignified! Put me down." Though her voice betrayed her as she let out a giddy laugh. Oh my, if she looked down this advantage did give her a lovely view of his backside. Though her face went scarlet as she realized he could get an a rather good view of her own behind right now.

visualspice

"Just keep a hold of that gift,a nd I'll keep a hold of mine!" he told her, tossing her a wink- though she probably couldn't see it at her angle. "Besides, I hear you laughing.." he said, and continued to walk off with her until they were at the river side, where he put her down with a smile and bent over so he was more at her height. HIs leg hurt but he ignored it for now and grinned at her.

"So, when we leave the park, you'll leave me help you carry that gift? Cause if not, I won't think twice about carrying you again."

Zero

Holly couldn't be mad at Arrick for his transgression, although she probably should have been. Everyone that was just in the park saw her get picked up and carried about like a sack of flour, and before that had seen them kissing like two lovestruck ninnies. She should have been beyond embarrassed.

Instead the young woman found herself unconcerned with what everyone else thought and more concerned with admiring a certain very studly miner - and admire him she did. Holly couldn't think of a single man she'd ever met that was quite so deliciously defined as her new, ahem, friend.

They finally reached their destination and he put her down. She was just a little unsteady on her feet as she swayed slightly, smiling sheepishly at him and his thrice-damned grin. "Yeah, I think you made your point."

visualspice

"So you said you wanted to sketch me, why not by the river? The view here is beautiful, and who knows," he added with a chuckle. "The sun and river's reflection could catch my good side. ANd you could make a nicer drawing of me. Though I'm sorry, I.. came so dirty. I tried to wash off the soot but... well, you should see me after a day of work!"

His laughter was more fully blossomed now as he chuckled again. "I'm covered from head to toe that my skin tone and clothing become black. THough I don't think I can ever fully get all of that grime out." He shook his head, blushing a bit at the thought. "Though I suppose you probably don't care what color my finger nails or skin are. "And he gave a sheepish smile in reply as he looked back over at her, and the smile grew a bit more just taking in her dark blue eyes. Damn, was she ever pretty.

Zero

Holly was mesmerized by him, really, perhaps a case of infatuation. Though she agreed with the view by the river being beautiful, it wasn't drawing him that she was really thinking about. Although perhaps drawing him would be a good idea to try to get her mind off of the way his lips had felt when he'd kissed her like that.

"I wouldn't mind seeing you all covered in soot, I wouldn't mind seeing you anytime." She blushed and smiled shyly. No, she didn't care if he wasn't perfectly clean, or clean at all, he was gorgeous and his smile and his laugh made her heart and stomach flutter. "Maybe I should start drawing now." She said sheepishly, beginning to rummage through her satchel for her charcoal and paper.

visualspice

Arrick smirked.
"Good to know I've made such an impression on a girl," he told her, giving her a leftward grin. "But I don't know- I would think I'd be more handsome with out. But I would't mind stepping outside of the mine after work some day to see you... It sure would be a sight for sore eyes. BUt I work incredibly long days, and I would never ask a lady to try to meet me in some place as compromising as the mines."

Zero

Holly was embarrassed, and it showed on her face. How could she let herself get so flustered by a handsome face and gorgeous smile? Though she laughed softly when he said he wouldn't mind seeing her after a day at the mind. "A sight for sore eyes?" She grinned, well at least he seemed to be at least a little eager to see her too. How awful would it be if it was all one-sided?

"How compromising would the mines be? I know you said you work past dark..." She'd already been scolded once for staying out late, but it had been worth every bit of chastising, just to spend those few more minutes with him. Holly's hand was already moving across the paper, charcoal lines forming as she began to sketch.

visualspice

Arrick shook his head. "It's just not a safe place. At least not for you, so late at night," he assured her. "But who knows, I still have Sundays off. We could make it our thing- you know, a date in the park."

Zero

Holly smiled sheepishly over her sketchbook at him. It made her blush a little to think he was so worried about her safety. "The late hour, yes, but I wouldn't go in the mines, just..." She sighed softly, waiting for him outside of the mines wasn't any safer, and still involved being out very late.

"Sundays in the park with you sound lovely," she grinned playfully, "But are you sure you can get away so much? I know that you have a lot to do and don't want to be a bother..."

visualspice

"This is true- I don't think I could promise every Sunday," he told her in earnest, his expression growing more serious. He turned away from her, his body now in profile as he glanced at the river.
"But when I can, I will." And he picked up a nearby stone, and threw it to the waters, and watched it bounce across the surface, causing dots of ripples in a path across the current.

Zero

Holly grinned, he looked so serious, and that is the expression she began to carefully draw and shade on his face in her sketchbook. His smile might have made her heart jump, but even serious he was extremely handsome. "It would be selfish for me to ask you to promise every Sunday to me, but there is something I will ask."

She paused then, still grinning, but also blushing a little. "Next time can I meet your sisters?" She'd love to meet his parents too, and he had said that his sisters wanted to meet her.

visualspice

Arrick had taken up another rock and was about to throw it, but then he heard her request and turned to her.
"Meet my sisters?" His face twisted in confusion. "Oh, so maybe you are crazy," he told her with a grin.