Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Lady of the Fleas [M]

Started by Zero, February 16, 2014, 06:29:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Zero

Nisha shrugged her shoulders helplessly at him. She didn't understand why people did half the things they did. Why did people look down on her for being a hybrid? Why did Gavin abandon her? Why was she born so weak? And most recently, why had Ronan wanted to hurt her?

"Well maybe I can help you..." She smiled tentatively at him. There had never been a flea problem that she could remember among her family, but she knew a lot of good things for preventing fleas, and hopefully for getting rid of them too. She sure didn't want to catch his little parasites! "First we should get out of here, though. I don't want him to find me, but I don't want him to catch you helping me either."

visualspice

Sebastian gave a few more scratches to his hair.
"I wouldn't worry about me, but yeah- let's keep on moving. I've lived with these damn fleas for too long now. I think they've come to call my head their home. But come on then." He said, and gestured for her to follow. "Are you well enough to run? Or shall we shift?" And at that, he gave her a roguish grin. He was curious enough to see just what sort of thing she would change into, but he also knew that she was probably too weak to change. But, there was no sense in not asking! He was only werewolf after all, and dogs could be curious, too!
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

Nisha felt bad for him, she couldn't imagine itching like that all the time. Still, one problem at a time. Fleas could wait, getting away was a more urgent need. Had Ronan discovered she was gone yet? She wasn't sure and she blushed as she was asked if she could run or shift. "I haven't shifted in a long time, it is so hard sometimes, I don't know if I could." What kind of wolf was she? A pretty poor one, that was for sure.

visualspice

"Very well, we can remain as humans. You up for another long walk?" he gestured towards the forests around them. "We could cross over there and travel North. THere's a small town there called Westin we could stay at for a time- though I'd have to steal some coin for a room."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Zero

Nisha felt a little relieved when he said they'd remain as humans. It would have been beyond embarrassing if he had insisted they shift and she fail. "I'll try to keep up, and I don't mind if you have to steal." Gavin had stolen things all the time, heck, her dress was stolen. Hopefully he was a good thief though, she didn't want him to get caught.

visualspice

Sebastian nodded.
Sometimes girls got finicky over 'stolen goods'. Though he was glad she didn't seem to mind as he guided her through an unseen path. It was a similar one he had traveled to before, and every once in a while during their walk, he'd lift his nose to see what the winds would bring them- but as it turned out; they would be safe for now.

However, a distant rumble of thunder proved other wise as a coarse wind swept in low throw the trees. Sebastian bared his teeth through it and continued to move through the unseen trail.
"Seems like a storm is coming," he said, and lifted his eyes to the distant horizon, pausing just as the first few flashes of lightning lit the sky.

Zero

Nisha had been a 'scavenger' her entire life. Her father had taught Gavin how to steal things when they were still very young. Of course, her father didn't teach her much of anything - Gavin was the only child that Mingan had ever showed much interest, leaving his daughter by the wayside. She figured it had to do with her tainted blood and her weakness.

Following along, she tried to keep her steps light and to keep from showing her short-comings, which was difficult as she found herself winded within a short mile. Between her earlier flight and just plain poor health, it was hard for her to compete with a healthy wolf's stride - even walking.

When the wind picked up and thunder rumbled she paused beside Sebastian, looking on as lightning flashed across the sky. The pause was a welcome relief, but she shivered with the thought of the coming storm. Her pale skin was cold, and she was tired.

"What should we do? Are we going to walk in the rain?" Part of her wanted to keep going, to put more distance between herself and Ronan, but another part of her just wanted to hunker down somewhere and try not to freeze.

visualspice

Sebastian gave a thoughtful scratch to his hair
"I don't know- can you weather a storm?" he sniffed in her direction and looked her over. "You look weak. Perhaps we should use the storm to rest a while, or we can press onward, though it's up to you." ANd he stared around, sniffing the air, but the scents were all muddled from the winds of the storm. At least for now, he couldn't smell another wolf for miles.

Zero

"Up to me?" Nisha blinked, nothing was ever up to her. Not with Ronan, and not even with Gavin. She was the follower, the one that obeyed decisions that other people made, not someone that made their own. Though she had made the choice to run away from Ronan, that had been about the bravest thing she thought she'd probably ever done in her entire life.

"Um...I don't mind if you want to keep going. I'll be okay." She honestly wasn't sure that was true, but she could try her best to tough it out. The girl was honestly getting sick and tired of being sick and tired and of her weakness. Also, her stomach hurt, she wished she had something to eat. Ronan would have fed her when he got back from hunting, but he'd have wanted something first...

Shaking her head Nisha stepped closer to Sebastian, trying to huddle near him and actually kind of use his body as a wind block.

visualspice

With Nisha huddling close, he found himself staring down at her for a time. It was a strange sensation, to feel someone need him- though he supposed he vaguely had semblance of that feeling when he was with Karaya He had to wonder what the pup was up to now.

Turning away, he walked slower so she could huddle nearby as the winds grew wildly and whipped through his hair. The rains hadn't fully started yet, but just as they began to approach the crest of a wooded hill-t he entire heavens let loose and the entire earth was doused in rain.

Zero

For Nisha it was an all too familiar sensation to need someone. It was a bitter pill to swallow thinking that the only way she could possibly survive was on the charity of others. Of course she had proven that, when Ronan had found her she had been very nearly dead. At least she was away from that monster now, and this man was being so kind to her. That still left her questioning his motives, but for now she didn't voice her concerns.

The more the wind picked up, whipping her hair about wildly, the closer to Sebastian she huddled, until she was actually pressed against his side, trying to escape the constant buffeting. Within moments of the downpour beginning, Nisha was shivering violently. The droplets were cold on her skin, and the wind only chilled her more as her teeth began to chatter softly.

visualspice

Moments like this never happened for a man like Sebastian and it was... strange. Like herself, even he was not clear of his motives as he guided her along- the rain soaking them through. But he realized too far into it they should have avoided the storms-a nd noting a tall cropping of pines, he moved towards it, keeping her close as he stepped in beneath them where the branches worked well as a shield and kept the soft needles  beneath it- warm and dry.

"Here, we can weather the storm here." he told her, wiping off the rain that had been dribbling down his nose from his hair. "Can't have you catching a cold." And at that, he gave her a wolfish grin.
He never thought he'd ever use that phrase in his life!

Zero

All things considered Nisha was more than happy to remain tucked close against him. Goosebumps covered every inch of her body, she was shivering with the cold, her teeth chattered softly, and her already pale lips and complexion had somehow been drained of even more color. With such poor weather conditions, she seemed to have picked a pretty bad time to run away, and was grateful for Sebastian's presence - motives be damned.

When he lead her into the stand of pine trees she reached trembling hands up to wring out her dark hair, they were both dripping water, completely drenched from the storm, but the dense covering of pine needles overhead did keep the rain at bay, and for that Nisha was thankful. She'd so wanted to be stronger, to not be a nuisance.

"I-I I'll try not to..." Getting sick on top of everything else would be awful. Exhaustedly she stumbled over to the base of a tree and dropped down to the ground, pulling her legs up and resting her chin on her knees, hugging her arms around her legs - after making sure she was decently covered, of course.

visualspice

Sebastian moved to the other side of the tree and shook his hair out like a wet dog. Then once he was dry enough, he simply plopped down into the pineneedles nearby her and looked around, then outside through the canopy to the rain.

Zero

Nisha huddled silently for a little bit, just watching the rain come down outside of their little shelter. After a few minutes she realized something. How embarrassing that she would forget something so fundamental as introductions. "Oh, I forgot to ask you what your name was. I'm Nisha."

visualspice

Sebastian's attentions perked up as he peered over at her, and gave a scratch to his scruffy cheek.
"The name's Sebastian, Sebastian Caft." And he gave another scratch before asking, "You from.. around here?" Though as soon as he asked it, he realize how silly it was. "Er, I mean these woods."
But even that was probably a stupid question.

Zero

Nisha smiled, not really looking at him. "Sebastian is a nice name."

Though when he asked if she was from around here, she tilted her head in slight confusion. She honestly wasn't sure she was from anywhere in particular. Gavin had never stopped moving them about. "I don't think so. I think I was born in Serendipity though. We're still in Serendipity, aren't we?"

visualspice

Sebastian gave a shrug.
"I guess. I suppose I'm not from anywhere either. I move around a lot."

Zero

"You're all alone too?" She asked softly. For a while it had been her father, her brother, and her. A family, not a large pack, to be sure, but at least they did have each other. Then her father had left, and then Gavin had too. Nisha felt a sudden anger at her brother. If he hadn't left her then Ronan never would have been able to do those awful things to her. Tears welled up in her grey eyes, but she blinked them back, trying not to shed them.

visualspice

Sebastian noted the tears but wasn't sure what to say. Comforting a lady was not his forte.
"Yeah, but being alone isn't so bad. Packs demand a lot from you," he said with a shrug and peered out into the forests, green eyes taking in the rain.