Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Softly, Does Evening Fade (M)

Started by Lion, February 19, 2014, 03:53:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lion

The kiss was electric and brought heat to his face and lips where there previously was none.  Jude smiled through her lips and tossed the blanket back over them.  His eyes turned solemn and he frowned.  "You should have told me," he murmured.  "You can tell me anything."  He wrapped an arm around her waist and held her.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"What was there to tell?" She told him through a forced smile. "I was in denial..."
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Jude frowned and leaned his head against hers.  "I'm just glad you're alive.  That you're here with me now.  I missed you...gods how I missed you."  He didn't smile though he wanted to.  "Jinai...you crazy woman...where would I be without you..."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"I don't know," she told him, her eyes threatening to tear up. "But I know I'd be dead without you." Though at the thought, she cast her eyes away shamefully. "I... I was really messed up after... after Breakpoint." Her lips trembled as she smiled. She wasnt sure if she should tell him she tried to kill herself. What good would it do except to make him more angry? More upset at her?
And unwillingly, a few tears streamed down her cheeks.
"I never... never realized how important you had been in my life."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Jude could feel his eyes growing hot at the words she said.  His eyes burned and he blinked tears away.  "I can't imagine where you'd gone, what you did.  I can only cherish you now by my side."  His arms wrapped tighter around her and he hugged her to his chest as if he would never let her go again.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai melted int him, hot tears wetting his chest as she took in his familiar smell, his famliar touch, is familiar warmth.
"Gods.. Jude, I'm so sorry," she sobbed against him. She was so afraid of this moment, yet here he was- inviting her right back into his arms as if nothing, nothing happened at all.
"You're too good to me," she whispered after a time and kept herself pressed closely to him. "I don't deserve this." She really didn't. She had done so many things against him, so many selfish, stupid things.

Lion

"Maybe not. But then suddenly life would be fair and giving us our just desserts," Jude murmured. He ran his fingers through her, brushing it away from her face as he leaned down to kiss her forehead.  "Then again, a big-nosed hog certainly got what he had coming to him."  And put her head underneath his chin.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai almost thought he had meant her and nearly missed the gender. Blinkingly, she peered up at him.
"What do you mean?"

Lion

Jude almost smiled wickedly, but the frustration of everything compiled to make his lips into little more than a wry grin.  "That bastard Vesrik...The Grand Duke's visor...he isn't going to be hurting anymore women, not without remembering his humiliation.  He should have known it would have caught up to him sooner or later."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai's face twisted in confusion as she lifted her head.
"What do you mean? Did you..." and here her voice lowered. "Did you do something to him?"

Lion

Jude's expression turned solemn.  "Asher's men found him trying to escape Breakpoint.  After you left me, one of his scouts caught up with me and led me to Asher.  In addition to helping me get back to Reajh, he thought I'd like meet face to face with Vesrik, in a manner of speaking, I did wear a mask.  To put it simply, Jinai, I beat the bastard within an inch of his life and treated his puny manhood to a dip in some boiling oil.  Doused it in fact.  If he recovers, he'll forever be at quarter-mast and likely it'll be shriveled up than it all ready was"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai stared at Jude for a long moment in disbelief.
"You did that?" her lips curled into the smallest of smiles. "ANd here I didn't think you much of a man for vengeance or fighting.."

Lion

Jude raised his brows and his expression was innocent.  "That wasn't vengeance.  That was justice...  I couldn't bear the thought of what he did to you...  I...  Death was too good for him.  And the law...  He's the Grand Duke's visor, who would've believed me?  Who would've care?  Nobody."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"That's because who he assaulted was a nobody- Lady THames... doesn't even exist, and I... I'm wanted throughout the city."

Lion

"But I cared Jinai," he said, holding her against his chest.  "I cared so I punished him.  Because I can't stand the thought of you hurt, or in pain.  I love you..."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

At his words, she found herself merely staring him, before she broke down and cried.
"Gods, Jude, I'm so sorry..." ANd she couldn't even tell him why.

Lion

At her tears, Jude actually chuckled and pressed his head down to her, kissing her forehead and down toward eer tearing eyes.  "Oh don't cry. Why?  Why are you crying?  Please.  You're going to make me cry!"  Jude brushed her hair back and held her to his chest.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Because I'm an idiot,"s he said through choked sobs. "After Breakpoint, I didn't want to live anymore." Ad she closed her eyes, letting Jude just deduce what she meant from there.

Lion

Jude knew exactly what she meant and his eyes widened a little at  the thought.  He let go of her for a moment to look at her more clearly.  It was as if he was seeing her in a new light.  He said nothing and the silence itself was deafening.  The only noise that came was the rustling of the sheets as he laid more comfortably beside her, coaxing her nestle in against him and lay on his chest.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Jinai just clung to him, laying close and quiet- except for the soft sobs that would escape from her lips.
"I'm sorry for being so stupid," she told him after a long moment of quiet. And she trembled. "I don't even know how I'm still even alive."