Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The March to Ajhfeld

Started by visualspice, February 24, 2014, 02:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Well the tall man came over her, her eyes widened as her lips fell open in a gap, But to see him pinch his fingers to her blade had her blinking and she was so stunned by Novak's actions, she almost didn't catch what he said. Almost.

She tightened her grip on her blade. "Allies would not act this way, especially after a soldier asked them to stand down." And she cast a glare towards Jacen, her eyes only narrowing at his claim.

"I'm a soldier. It is my duty to protect. And you sir, are causing a scene!"
Little did she know- she wasn't helping and making the scene worse!
"My blade will return once you put away your gun."
It was only fitting. She couldn't have a man with a loaded weapon so near to her Duke. What sort of soldier would she be?
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nomad

Lifting his gaze from the blonde haired woman Novak looks to Jacen as he spoke up though it seemed he was still addressing the woman. Seeing that the man had chosen to ignore him, Novak frowns faintly as the man's words only seemed to agitate the blonde haired woman.

Though he had taken hold of her blade, Novak makes no attempt to take it from her but rather held it to keep her from lashing out at the man. Listening to the woman speak up, Novak grumbles softly wondering if he should take the weapon from her and perhaps the rifle from the man.

Listening to the woman as she exclaims that she will not put her weapon away, Novak lets out a soft growl growing annoyed by the both of them. " The both of you are causing a scene, much like two children squabbling. It is rather demeaning of soldiers to act as children. So, how about you put the weapons away or I can always take them from you. " Novak says as he looks down at the woman a moment longer before lifting his gaze to look to Jacen again " Unless you wish to show your lord how childish you two are. "

Wicked Basket

Jacen held up his rifle.

"This is a rifle," Jacen said. "There is no way to put it away. I have to carry it."

He then rested the butt of the rifle on the ground and held it by the muzzle. He then turned to the large man.

"I have no lord. I'm not here for your Duke, who I heard was slightly off his rocker. I'm here to return Connlaoth to the way it was before all this happened."

Jacen turned to the girl again.

"But you're just another blind follower of your Duke aren't you?"

Alegretto

Tertius laughed at the gunman's quip about the rifle. It wasn't really funny, but that never stopped the old man form guffawing before. He stopped cold, however, when he heard the comment about the duke. Normally Tertius was a peaceful man, but he was dangerous when it came to his favorite niece and nephew.

The old man stood up straighter. His eyes flashed and authority seemed to course through him. When he spoke this time it was with the inflections of a superior looking down on a subordinate. The force in his voice carried the weight of thirty years of high command in the world's strongest army.

"Now you listen here son." He spoke low, allowing room for his voice to crescendo, and rose his volume through the course of his speech. "I have killed thousands of men better than you in a single hour. I've seen high-minded fools like you crushed under the weight of reality more times than I care to count. There is no one man who can fix a country, it takes the force of armies to repair something thus broken. Now if you want to be a part of that effort then you will show proper respect for the brave men and women who fight with you, or you will be removed from this army. That I can guarantee."

The old man punctuated his next words by drawing an antique sword with practiced ease. He made a show of checking the blade as he spoke. Close observers would notice the nicks and dents in the weapon that could only have come from long years of combat. The old man had been lying somewhat when he said he wasn't much of a fighter. It just wasn't his specialty.

"And let me tell you something else, child." He spit the word out like a terrible insult. "If you ever say anything improper about the duke again, than I will know about it. And I will find you. And I will eviscerate you where you stand. I will personally cut most of you into pieces and package it to send to your closest relatives, and I will hang your head from the nearest battlements so that anyone can see what happens when an insolent boy speaks poorly of his lord!"

His last few words were a shout of command so compelling it could leave no doubt in anyone's mind that he would do exactly that.

Wicked Basket

"A high-minded fool?!"

Jacen was angry now. This old man thought he knew everything. All old people were like that. They were always stuck in their old ways.

"I've had my share of reality, old man," Jacen shot back. "I've seen things that would make even you doubt your country! The leaders of Connlaoth have lost my respect and need to be replaced with those worthy to rule Connlaoth as it was always meant to be! And these soldiers! My 'fellow soldiers' fight merely for money, duty, or obligation! The only soldiers I respect are the mages. They don't fight for money, or because some rich snob in a castle tells them too. They fight for justice and ideals. I've seen greater men in those mages than I have in all of Connlaoth! Have you ever even been to one of those mage camps? Have you even seen what they're like? I'm not the fool here. The fools are the ones that fail to see the blatant injustice being wrought upon the mages!"

Alegretto

((OOC: Basket, you do realize that Blaith isn't publicly for "free the mages" and what Jacen is saying is rebellious and treasonous right now, right?))

This boy was speaking treason and challenging Tertius' authority. He smiled dangerously. Well that was fine, he needed an excuse to make an entrance.

Tertius addressed the rifleman, voice turned low. "You speak of treason boy. The Turgall's have spent many years shamed for favoring mages and so far Blaith," The wily old man purposely let the duke's first name slip on purpose, "has shown full support for the Grand Duke. Now, I don't pretend to know whether or not that will change, but for now you will place full faith that the Duke is loyal to the crown until he announced otherwise."

He removed a letter from his person and showed it to the two soldiers in front of him. It was stamped with the Duke of Turgall's seal. "My name is Tertius Cornelius, and this document assigns me the rank of General in Turgall's army. I would have your name, ranks, and division, for I am officially reprimanding you. "he turned to Jacen, "and recommending demotion for disrupting the peace and speaking in sedition against the Duke." He faced Igna, "You, I am going to commend, as well recommend you for promotion for taking initiative to keep the peace in respect for your Lord."

The General purposely made his tirade loud so that others could hear it. The old man smiled as he heard people talking in hushed whispers. His efforts had paid off. Rumors of his return would spread like wildfire.

"Cornelius is here?"

"The old general's taking a side?"

"Did I just hear the name Tertius Cornelius?"

The old man was pleased. He actually heard more voices than he expected. It looked like his name still had some repute after all these years. He thought that only a handful of old veterans would remember him.

In fact, though Tertius was unaware of this, anyone at all familiar with military history was likely to have heard of the man.

Wicked Basket

"Ansgar's will was that mages be offered redemption, not incarceration," Jacen replied. "I'm the only one here that's not a traitor."

With that, Jacen walked away. He didn't care what that man said. Let him rant and scream. Let him go on about respect for authority. Jacen was tired of this old man.

Alegretto

Tertius addressed Igna. "Soldier, you are to pursue that man and put him into custody, He is to be court-martialed for insubordination against a superior officer. Fools like him will not be tolerated in this army. Do I make myself clear?!"

visualspice

Igna was still gaping over what had just happened. What had turned into a simple act to keep the peace, turned into something more. But she couldn't believe whose presence she was in, or what attention it gained her as she blinked a few times in awe.

"I.. uh..."

Yeah, she was floored, and her mind wasn't completely caught up to her yet before she stood at attention and saluted.
"Yes, sir."

Though she wasn't hoping to see trouble or blood shed here- it seemed she was already being put to test as her rank as a soldier. With the command giving, she turned on her heel, but came to realize- with a blink- Novak's hand was still resting over her blade.

"If you'd remove your grip on my blade, sir," she told Novak stiffly. She had a job to do!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nomad

As Jacen begins to speak Novak keeps his attention resting on the man as he listens to him. His first impression of the man given his response was that Jacen is the same sort as him, a mercenary here to free Connlaoth.

Though he had come to try and help the woman deal with the situation so it would not grow out of hand. Things begin to take a turn as the old man he had spoke to earlier joins the conversation. With the old man joining the conversion Novak was forced into silence as the old man seemed to take over trying to deal with the man. Novak sat back, still holding onto the woman's sword and listened as things escalated rather rapidly though there was no sign of violence merely raised voices.

Listening to the exchange Novak could see which side Jacen was on, he seemed to care a great deal for the mages and how they have been treated. As the old man spoke up, Novak listens to him and as he finally makes himself known Novak turns his attention to the old man for a moment. Though he first thought the old man was simply another person come to devote there sword to this cause perhaps for riches or fame, it turns out that were not the case. As it tuns out the old man he had been chatting it up with held a high position in whatever was to happen, a general.

The new revelation did not seem to sit well with the man as he took off, breaking free from them and going on his way. Shifting his gaze Novak watched Jacen walk off before turning his attention back to Tertius as he instructed the woman to go after him. Though he thought Jacen needed to be dealt with in some way, Novak was not sure if sending Igna after him was the right call. If he is left alone he may cool his heels or even be on his way all together. Turning his gaze down to Igna as she spoke to him, Novak offered the woman a soft smile " Hello, finally. " He begins before turning his attention back to Tertius " Perhaps I should go with her to insure things do not go out of hand. " Novak says to Tertius before turning his attention back to Igna " Some of these soldiers do not look all too seasoned and if we are to do battle we will need all the abled bodied men and women we can get so it would be a shame to lose more then one before anything happens. " Novak gazes down at the blonde haired woman, still holding onto her blade for the moment. Was he being cautious in his choice, perhaps trying to ensure the woman makes it out of any scuffle alive or simply trying to insure he has as many allies at his side should fighting start.

Alegretto

Tertius sheathed his sword and nodded in the big man's direction. "Thank you that would be excellent. That fellow seems dangerous and the more the merrier when you're taking him into custody. Now off with you two, I didn't catch his name and I don't want that soldier getting away."

Wicked Basket

Jacen escaped the hustle and bustle gathered around the castle. He needed to get away from everything for a moment. Once he was a good distance away from the crowd, he stopped and stared off into the distance. Something wasn't right about all of this, all of these mercenaries, sellswords, and women soldiers. Connlaothians had never needed help from outside sources. There was something going on here that this Blaith guy hadn't told them, but Jacen knew that he wouldn't have time to figure it out before someone came after him.

Nomad

Lifting his gaze from the blonde haired woman Novak looks to Tertius as he spoke up. Though he did not really need permission from the man to go along with Igna he had asked anyways to see what the old man would say.

" Indeed. Though it may be wise to postpone punishment, though he caused a scene we may need as many able bodies as we can get. " Novak says as he releases his hold on Igna's sword.

Though he had caused a scene the man could still be of use if he were a competent soldier. " Alright, let's be on our way little lady. " Slowly Novak begins to move away from where he had stood, heading in the direction Jacen had went, his pace slow so Igna could catch up with him.

visualspice

Igna could not believe she was already getting orders-a nd once her sword was released, she quickly sheathed it and followed closely at Novak's heals.
"I saw him head over this way- towards the Eastern Gate. If we're fast enough, we can catch him before he leaves the city."

Wicked Basket

It wasn't long until Jacen heard footsteps approaching from behind. He turned and faced the two of them.

"I normally shoot candles," he said simply. "You two are a lot bigger than candles, so I think you should stop where you are and listen for a moment so you understand where I'm coming from."

visualspice

Igna halted in her run and rested a gloved hand over the hilt of her sword.
"Is that a threat? I've got orders to bring you in, and don't think what you said will be so easily forgiven nor forgotten." Though even she hesitated. She'd rather not have to resolve things with violence if she could help it. She just hoped he didn't try anything funny. At least she had the large man with her. Novak was pretty intimidating, and it was some relief she knew he was at least on her side.

Wicked Basket

"You're damn right it's a threat," Jacen replied with the same calm demeanor. "All of you soldier types only respond to violence or threats thereof, and if that's what it takes to get you to listen, then a threat it is. However, I would really prefer that you listen. It wouldn't sit well with my conscience to put an end to such a pretty young woman. So, will you listen?"

Despite being called a fool several times that day, Jacen was far from being a fool. Everything was on his terms. They were easily far enough away for him to shoot before they closed the distance. Even how he spoke was thought out. He spoke calmly to show that he wasn't insane, and he made no move to raise or aim his rifle. He had also snuck that compliment into his threat to perhaps entice her a bit more into listening. He would shoot if necessary, but he sincerely hoped he wouldn't have to.

Nomad

Though he had seen which way the man had went, it made it much easier given Igna knew her way around and the direction the man had went. To catch up with the man relatively quickly Novak moved into a run after the man.

His chase of the man is brought to a halt as the sound of Jacen's voice catches his ears, bringing Novak to a stop. Coming to a stop Novak rests his gaze on the man and watches as he turns to face them.

The man's words brought a frown to Novak's face as he listens to the threat which did not sit well with Novak. He had come in the hopes of bringing things to an end without having to resort to violence though he was more then willing to travel down that road if needed.

At first Novak remains silent, allowing Igna to do the talking to try and bring the situation to an end. Listening to Jacen's response Novak could see he was more then willing to use violence if needed and in response Novak takes a step forward, shifting a bit so he stood more in fornt of Igna.

" A threat will not get anyone to listen, it will only in turn be received with another threat and then violence. " Novak begins as he watches Jacen closely. " Now, neither myself nor this young lady wish for this to escalate to violence and I assure you, you do not wish for that either. No good would come of it. After you speak your mind and we listen, will you return with us? If there is battle to come having more allies is better then fewer. "

Wicked Basket

"I will only return when your general realizes that he has no authority over someone who is not a soldier. I am not affiliated with him nor his army, thus he has no power over me. If he wants the assistance of one of the best marksman in Connlaoth, he must realize this."

visualspice

"Your stance and way with guns imply the training of a soldier," Igna stated bluntly, but she frowned at what the man said. "Even if you are claiming not to be, you appeared in a crowd to listen to a Duke's speech and are caught saying and doing things that could condemn you. It would not be difficult for myself, or any guards to do worse to you for such actions. Yet somehow you're imploring you should be listened to?"

Igna could not believe the man's self entitlement. Talk about arrogance. Clearly he wasn't a soldier after all! No duke would put up with such ignorance in their army! And his flattery would only gain him negative points. If he presumed calling her 'pretty' meant she would so readily accept his words, he had another thing coming to him. She was not here to flirt. She was here to listen to what her duke was saying- and this lout seemed to be out to spoil it for them.

She wanted to make a difference; and halting me like him who believed they deserved to be treated like a duke was definitely on her list of things to help make a difference. Some men were born t lead- others, it seemed, wanted to use their guns to childishly get attention. Was he so daft he did not realize there was a war going on?

She had to wonder if he was an assassin- what with him going on about how great he is but how  inept her own Duke was.... If she weren't a shoulder, she'd have slugged him- but now that she had to report to someone, he was lucky she could not simply act on impulse. And if anythign could be said about Igna, it was her dedication- she was a listener, and she would support those she truly believed in.

So far- This marksman gained all negative points in her mind. She wasn't even sure if she cared to listen to him anymore. But like the others, she didn't want this to escalate. He still had a weapon-
Lucky for her, guns took forever to load. A sword need only be swung.

"I was given orders to bring you in- not peace talk. You can do that to the man you talked back to. See if our General is so forgiving and impressed with you. I am but a soldier, and I obey my orders. You're coming with me. Peacefully - and you can pay for your words and preach whatever it is you wish to say to him."