Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

The March to Ajhfeld

Started by visualspice, February 24, 2014, 02:06:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

OOC: This thread is a part of the mini-event here that plays into the larger, Connlaothian Civil War event here. Please post in the plotting thread for said event if interested in joining. This is an open thread with approval only- you can not just join this thread unless you've already discussed your character's position with me :) Thanks!

There is no posting order in this particular thread- just be respectful and I ask you to be at least active enough to post once a week so we can keep this thread moving so it doesn't go stagnant.
:)

THIS THREAD IS A PRE-ATTACK MEET AND GREET THREAD PRIOR TO WHEN THE MAJOR FORT FIGHTING BEGINS. Only soldiers/mercenaries and characters that would be supportive of Duke Harmond prior to the attack would post here :)

The thread will start at the Harmond Castle, but Blaith's forces will be quickly moving north. This is just to help establish character development and plot points needed prior to the major blood shed. Keep in mind, there will be a major attack happening in this thread that is not Fort related, but plot driven so keep your swords sharp and your fingers moving for posts 8D

*SPOILER* This thread is devoted to the killing of the current Duke of Ahjfeld and it's inevitable conquering by Blaith Harmond as he makes his way North to the Fort. BlOOOoOooOod and Chaos.

--------

Waters fell, and then froze with time, turning into daggers of ice that clung to the edges and outter walls of the great stone castle that housed the quiet and estranged Duke, Blaith Harmond. It was known fact that his twin sister had gone on the run; and rumors speculated it was due to the fact she was an unmarked mage- though publicly, nothing was said about it. Duke Harmond neither confirmed nor denied it, only gave a cold smirk at any questions about it before moving onward- and this was several years ago...

And the more time ticked on, the more lives and powers Blaith stole- the longer he found himself falling into a hole of himself that wasn't there. Who was the face he wore today? Who's mind would rise up and control his own? And when would the real mind of Blaith Harmond be in control? Was he the coy and sultry whore? Or the quiet man who had once lusted for his sister? There were too many voices inside his head now, too many whispers through the cracks that at night, he found himself barely sleeping, and barely aware of who he even was.

He peered into the long mirrors, his face equally long- but the image that stared back at him appeared hollow and unfitting. He was more mature now, perhaps even greying- but even he could not tell as he fell into a lull, staring deeply at his reflection for what appeared like an eternity- that was, until there was a knock at the door.

His blue eyes refocused as he called over his shoulder.
"I'll be there shortly." BUt the man at the door didn't hesitate before coming in-
ad though everyone knew not to disturb the duke in his room- the news this man bore sent Blaith Harmond into a frenzy, and he smashed all of the mirrors inside his room, threw down all the statues to the floor as he roared in rage.

After his room was thoroughly destroyed, he turned back to the man who presented him with this piece of information, and on a hesitant breath, he inquired, "Are you sure?"

"Yes. They've taken her North. To Fort Dhagh. More than one scout has confirmed it."
And after a cold moment of quiet, Blaith pointed to the door.

"Get out."

It would be several hours later before he'd show his face outside of his room, and barely twenty four hours into the next day that he was already sending out posts in the seedier sides of town.
Any man who could wield a sword was to be hired: the more merciless the better. And when his men asked him what was this about- Blaith only laughed coldly and told them simply-

"This was war."

So it was on that day, the coldest autumn day in anyone's recollection; where snow had fallen and ice clung to buildings in sheets and most of the rivers were already beginning to solidify- yes, it was this day he asked for both soldiers and mercenaries alike to join him in a gathering just outside his castle walls. There was a great fountain there- no longer did it flow with water that late autumn day, but it remained timeless in it's motion as the waters that once danced in it froze and sparkled in the sun. It was this fountain that caught Igna Martisse's attention as she stepped across the cobblestone way. She was surprised at the turn out- both soldiers and townfolks alike were there. Word had gotten around that their Duke was going to be making an important announcement- and seeing so many soldiers in one place- she could only deduce it was about the war.

Igna herself was no veteran soldier, and had yet to really see the true blood shed of this war, but she was eager to help, eager to see an end to this all- and if the rumors were true, that Blaith might be announcing here today that he will no longer support this war and the Grand Duke- well, she would be there along with him. It had been nearly a decade of blood shed, and she was tired of seeing so many countless men die. Though it was ironic, for a man who was so reserved in handling his small military, why he opened the door to female soldiers in the last few years- she wasn't one to complain. She wanted to help- she had gone through the training. And now she was here.

OOC: Just a side note- Blaith is sort of 'off screen' here, so PM me if you want to interact with him before his big announcement- other wise, Igna is open in the streets for Blaith supporters to interact with her :)
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nomad

Through word of mouth he had caught wind of a man seeking mercenaries for something, the thought of money and thrill of conflict drew Novak in like a child seeking candy. It was this that brought the behemoth of a man to the gathering to see what exactly he would be doing. Exhaling he steps forwards, his gaze slowly shifting from side to side. It seemed a large number of both soldiers and mercenaries had gathered as well as some townspeople.

Shifting his gaze slowly Novak glances to a blond haired woman for a brief moment before turning his gaze from her as he looks to the others that had turned out. Bringing his hand up, Novak takes another bite of the dried meat he had brought with him, tearing a chunk from it before he begins to chew it up as he starts to move forwards while shifting his gaze slowly.

Wicked Basket

Jacen sat on a low stone wall with his rifle laying across his lap. Every so often, he would cock and dry fire the rifle to keep the firing mechanism from seizing up in the cold. He was not a big fan of the cold. A man like him didn't have much on him to keep him warm as far as muscle or fat.

Jacen examined the motley crew that had assembled. The ages of those present were diverse. Young and old had all assembled in pursuit of a common cause. It was a humbling thing to be a part of. There was also no small number of mercenaries and sellswords present. This Blaith guy must really want that camp removed. Jacen had heard talk that this guy wasn't entirely mentally stable, but he seemed to know enough to fight against tyranny.

visualspice

When a shadow loomed over her, Igna found herself doing a double take. The man standing nearest to her was huge, and the very sight of him had her so taken off guard she found her hand instinctively resting to the hilt of her sword.

Ansgar's name was he ever big! To her, he appeared a giant- and she had to wonder what was his game. Clearly not of Connlaothian stock was he- but as she began to look around her- the men and women all gathering whom were not soldiers and town folk....
She began to grow anxious to know who they were and what they were doing in town on a day like this! But surely, she tried to remind herself, a lot of people were gathering to hear this Duke speak. Perhaps these men... were here to align themselves with the cause?

Igna could not be certain, but a lot of these unfamiliar faces made her a little more than unsettled. And it wasn't just the tall, behemoth of a man standing next to her- a lot of seedy men were looming all around that it made her skin crawl. Uneasily, she shifted her weight from where she stood and tore her gaze from Novak. It wasn't polite to stare.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Nomad

As he shifts his gaze Novak chews on the bit of dried meat he had in his mouth, though he couldn't help but feel there were eyes on him already. However it was a common thing, or at least he felt it was given his size. Some people tended to stare when he entered into a room, it was something he had gotten use to.

For a brief moment, given the sound and what the man was doing, Novak's gaze came to rest on a man who seemed to be repeatedly cocking and dry firing a rifle. He only kept his gaze resting on the man for a moment before turning it away. As he turns his gaze Novak catches sight of the blond haired woman standing next to him as she turns her gaze from him.

" Would you like some? " Novak asks in a friendly tone as he gazes down at the woman standing beside him. Though as he gazes down at her, he notices her hand resting on the hilt of her sword but pays little mind to it. With the question he lifts his hand from his side and holds out the dried meat in his grasp, offering it to the blond haired woman as he looms over her with his massive size.

visualspice

Igna's eyes were so focused on where their duke would be coming out to greet everyone in a well practiced speech- a speech she knew would be of great importance- that she had all but heard the large man beside her. Though his shadow consumed her, she had been trying to pretend to ignore him- but this time, she wasn't pretending- she actually let her attention go elsewhere, though her hand was still on her blade.

Alegretto

"I'll take it if you're offering." piped out a gravelly voice spoken from far below the giant. It came from a short old man swaddled in a grey cloak. "I've been traveling non-stop for a while now and I could use some meat in my belly."

Tertius Cornelius pushed back his cloak and looked up at the bigger man with a laughing smile on his face. His eyes defeated the purpose of the smile though. They weren't laughing. Instead they were colored with smoldering intensity and an experienced fighter would undoubtedly pick up on the warrior's spirit hidden just below the facade of the old man's kindly face.

Nomad

With his gaze resting on the blond woman, Novak waited in silence for some form of response from her however it seemed she had either not heard his question or chose to ignore him. Shifting his attention Novak looks to the elderly man as he accepts the offer rather then the woman.

Turning his gaze to the cloaked man Novak gets a look at the man as the cloak is pushed back. " Greetings. " Novak begins with a smile as he takes a brief moment to tear off a bit more of the dried meat before offering it to the old man.

As he offers the old man the dried meat his gaze meets with Tertius " Here you are. I'm afraid I don't have any drink to go along with it. What's an old man such as yourself doing here, I mean no offense but you do not seem capable of fighting. " Novak says as he looks down at the man though he could see the man still had the spirit of a warrior within him.

Alegretto

Tertius laughed, though the sound contained no mirth. It sounded rather... hollow. "No I don't think I'm capable of any fighting anymore. Though I was never much of a warrior anyway. No my expertise lays in tactics." The old man bit off a piece of jerky. "Say, this is pretty good. Better than the field rations in my day." The empty laugh again.

He finished off the piece of meet before speaking again. "Yes I was never a great fighter, though I was a knight once upon a time." he man pulled off his cloak entirely and bundled it up under his arm. He was wearing bits and pieces of an ancient suit of plate armor constructed in an old style. He didn't have all of it on, though it was impressive that a man of his age could shoulder what he was wearing. A crest on the chestpiece showed a stylized bird roosting in a tree, the crest of the Cornelius family, though few were old enough to remember that line. "Course that was longer ago than I care to remember."

Wicked Basket

Jacen became rather bored with sitting and fiddling with his rifle, so he decided to get some practice in. He dug up a candle and a candle holder to test his skills. He lit the candle and set it down on a low stone wall. Jacen then walked back a good distance, loaded his rifle, and fired. He frowned as his first shot made the small flame flicker angrily instead of extinguish. He began reloading his rifle to try again. He had to admit, the gunshot had startled a good number of people, and that was very amusing in and of itself.

visualspice

The rifle going off had more than a few of the soldiers uneasy, and Igna, finding herself as the closest, felt it was her duty to confront him as she moved over to his side swiftly.
"Excuse me," she started, approaching him from the rear, as was safest. All eyes seemed to be upon her, but she tried to ignore it. She was a soldier after all, and her duty was to protect and serve- and someone randomly firing near the castle- was hardly a safe call at all. In fact, she found it down right rude.

"Your rifle, please unload it and cease fire."
The first warning would be polite. The second.... well, she just hoped there would not be a second.

Nomad

With his gaze resting upon the old man still, Novak listens to him as he begins to laugh before speaking up again. Taking another bite of the dried meat he gives a faint nod while listening to the old man speak. Given the situation he had nothing better to do and the old man seemed somewhat interesting.

Rather then being a fighter he was a tactician, Novak understood the usefulness of such men on the battlefield and could see why he would be here if there was to be fighting. As the old man makes mention of him being a knight Novak wonders upon that for a brief moment before finally catching sight of the bits of armor the old man is wearing once the cloak is removed.

Though he had not been paying attention to what was going on around him, his attention fixated on this old man, as soon as the sound of gunfire echos through the surrounding's that changes. With the sound of gunfire Novak quickly turns his attention away from the old man, at first thinking that they are under attack.

" What the... " Novak grumbles as he looks to Jacen. Seeing that it was a man simply shooting his rifle rather then attacking Novak frowns as he grumbles a bit more. Though for a brief moment Novak thought of giving the man a piece of his mind, he decided against it as he spots the blond haired woman jumping into action.

Alegretto

The gunshot made Tertius jump and let loose a rather loud curse. He was momentarily concerned that there some type of attack, but he saw that it was just some kid practicing with his weapon. The old man appreciated practice but was shocked by the fellow's irresponsibility. He could have sent the crowd into a panic. He was going to give the fellow a piece of his mind but a blonde woman dressed as a soldier beat him to it.

He shook his head. So much had changed since he was away. The spread of firearms, women soldiers other than Mordecai. He sighed. What was he doing here? He was outdated now.

Wicked Basket

Jacen turned as he heard a woman's voice tell him to stop. It wasn't often that one saw female soldiers.

"Who are you to give me orders," he asked the woman. "Unless your rank exceeds sergeant, than I shall continue until I've extinguished that candle. It's not like there's anything else to do around here, and practice never hurt."

Normally he wasn't so rude and straight forward, but this whole mix up of various characters from different walks of life had him on edge, and the only way he could think of to calm himself was target practice.

"Perhaps you would like to try?"

visualspice

Jacen's words sought to irritate her as her hand rested on the hilt of her blade.
"I am not here to start a fight, I am telling you that firing a weapon so near the castle will get you in a lot of trouble. And I don't think I have any short supply of back ups if I need to ask you again. Now, take your weapon to a practice field, or else I will have to take it from you personally."

OOC: Igna's making so many friends XD

Wicked Basket

"Your obviously stressed, so how about we play a game. If you can extinguish that candle within three shots without taking more than one quarter of an inch off of the candle itself, then I'll stop. If not, I get to teach you how at a real practice field. You either win and I stop, or lose and become a better shot. Win-win."

Jacen knew that the chances of her accepting the challenge were extremely low, he needed SOMETHING entertaining to do.

visualspice

Who did this man think he was? Outraged, she didn't hesitate to draw her blade as she pointed it directly at his chest.
"I do not have time for games, and I do not wish to start a panic. You are using a weapon openly far too close to the castle. Do I need to repeat myself?" And the last part was spoken in a way that raised her voice and commanded attention. She was not about to be bullied by some gun-loving nut. Everyone here was gathered peacefully to listen to a speech given by their duke. How DARE he be so insolent!

Nomad

Though it had not necessarily startled him, the gunshot had given Novak some concern. Hearing the curse from the old man, Novak turns his attention back to him for a moment. It seemed the gunshot had startled the old man though given his age Novak figured it would.

Given that the blonde haired woman had went to speak to the man, or at least seemed to go in his direction Novak figured she could handle it, she looked to be the soldier type. " Easy old timer, it would not be good if you croaked. " Novak says in a joking manner, trying to lighten the mood as he reaches out and places his hand on the old man's shoulder.

Turning his attention back the blonde haired woman and the one firing the gun, Novak watches as the blonde haired woman draws her sword and points ti at the man. Though he thought she could handle the situation he did not think she would go so far as the draw her weapon and brandish it against the man.

Given the drastic escalation Novak pulls his hand from the old man's shoulder " One moment.. " He murmurs lightly before pulling away from the old man. Moving away from the old man Novak moves behind the blonde haired woman before reaching out for the blade of the sword, not giving much care to being cut by the blade.

" I do believe we are all here as allies. " Novak says in a friendly tone as he towers over the woman, looking down at the two of them. He had missed out on some of what the two were talking about however he figured she had come here to get the man to stop shooting his rifle.

Alegretto

Tertius watched the towering man go. He didn't feel like standing there alone, so he followed along. It looked like swords were drawn and guns were out, things could be getting interesting. The big man made an attempt at mediating the argument, and Tertius approved of his efforts to preserve unity. The big man might have leadership potential.

Wicked Basket

Jacen was not intimidated by the woman, despite the sword at his chest and her raised voice.

"You are very excitable," Jacen said calmly. "Why are you so uptight anyway?"

Jacen was well aware of the larger man's presence, but chose to ignore it.

Tags: