Companion and Friend

Started by Anonymous, January 05, 2005, 11:57:13 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Anonymous

Vernionator X
SotE addict
(9/26/04 5:01 pm)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Atsui stayed quiet for most of the ride, as they seemed to leave Serendipity. They had arrived into another village. She gazed around as they fluttered in, still holding Ryth's hand timidly. She took in the new surroundings as the passed through. This whole place was new to her; this whole world was new for that matter. "Uhm...w-where are we now?" she asked softly and politely. She was curious, but she was afraid too. She did not like to be scared so she tried to hide it. And being curious would get you in trouble so she was not used to interacting with people.

"T-this place is far from where we left..." She mumbled nervously. She was now not with anyone she previously knew. But she could trust Ryth, couldn’t she? She wanted to and hoped for the best. After all, she was comfortable with her hand being held. She would be safe with Ryth she hoped. She felt something from Ryth and it was warming and trustworthy. She began to stare into space as she thought to herself, unknowingly holding Ryth's hand more securely.

17BandAidz
Alright! First post! Whoo-hoo! ^_^
(9/26/04 10:12 pm)
-------------------------------------------------------------------
Ryth's face lit up at Atsui's question. There was just soemthing about her that made Ryth all happy inside, she couldn't help but smile everytime Atsui spoke. "Why, we're in the village of Adela, my dear Atsui!" She gave Atsui's hand a little squeeze after hearing her mumble about how far they were from Serendipity. "No worries girl! You're safe with me." She wrapped her arm around Atsui's shoulders and pulled her close, "I'll protect ya! I promise." She chuckled and took hold of Atsui's hand again. "Look Atsui! This looks like a nice place..." She fluttered into the diner, pulling Atsui along as well.

Anonymous

Vernionator X
SotE addict
(9/26/04 10:29 pm)
Reply   Atsui - happy...
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
 "Adera Village?" she responded softly with a bit of her accent showing itself. She felt Ryth squeeze her hand and looked at it as she was suddenly held around the shoulder. "P-protect me..." she repeated, now realizing that Ryth could sense her uncertainty. She blushed as Ryth held her close and stared into her eyes. The she was released to just her hand again. She watched Ryth for a moment as she thought more. "P-promise..." her eyes dazed off again, focusing on nothing. She gazed over at the diner Ryth pointed out. "Mm." she nodded, trying to smile.

Anonymous

Atsui glided in, her hand being led by the perky little Ryth, as she scanned the interior.  There were a lot of people...  Her smile quickly faded, taken over by worry.  They looked at her.  Even if it was just a glance, Atsui was very self-conscious about being watched.  "C-can we...go somewhere a rittle more arone...?" her accent escaped her again as she whispered her question nervously.  She had to watch her words more carefully.  That could be used as an intimate question and she wasn't aware of it.  All she meant was to sit away from all the eyes.  Not that she would mind being alone with Ryth.  She would just have to get used to it at first.  But all the eyes...they were staring...  Her heart pounded.  She couldn’t take it...she was frightened.  Her hand trembled as it gripped Ryrh's apprehensively.  "P-prease..." she mumbled, unable to control her speech.  She was so sweet and innocent.  Lynx worked well, shaving away her hardened exterior, but Atsui was still fragile and susceptible to influences...

Anonymous

Ryth holds Atsui's hand assuringly.  "Why, if you so desire it, we can go to a place less crowded!" she sayed with that cheery smile of hers.  The large crowd had no affect on her, for she cared not whether anyone looked at her or judged her.  "We can go where ever you'd like, love, it's on me!"

Anonymous

L-love??  She blushed at that.  "Th-thank you..."  She mumbled.  She coasted to a stop with Ryth and looked around for the exit.  When she spotted it, she immediately headed toward it, still holding onto Ryth's hand and taking her with.  Once outside and high enough in the sky, she sighed deeply in relief, releasing the rest of her jitters.  She released Ryth's hand and wrapped her arms around herself, slightly curling as she floated weightlessly on her magic wings.  "I-I'm...I'm s-so sorry...I-I didn't mean to..."  She murmured, staring down away from Ryth.  Why was she so weak?  She used to be able to defend herself.  She had become soft with Kawaii and Lynx.  She needed comforting, but she was afraid to admit it.

Anonymous

Ryth's hand found it's way to Atsui's shoulder assuringly.  "You have nothing to be sorry about, love, you didn't do anything wrong," she patted and rubbed Atsui's shoulder assuringly.  Ryth felt there was something bothering Atsui, but she couldn't figure out what it was, nor did she feel she was supposed to find out....but, knowing Ryth, she just couldn't resist herself, "Is there something bothering you, love?  Such a pretty thing like you shouldn't be so shy, at least around me, hehe!"

Anonymous

She blushed furiously at Ryth's complimenting and soothing words, gazing back at her, following the hand on her shoulder to Ryth's face.  "I-I'm sorry..." she apologized for being shy embarrassedly.  "Y-you are a very nice person...  A-and I'm sorry I'm not respecting that..." she continued, feeling bad for acting the way she was right now in front of her.  "P-prease forgive me..." she then tried to smile for Ryth and loosen her tenseness.  Her hand held the hand on her shoulder as she sighed.  "I-I dunno...I-I see the peopre...and I just...um...I-I get scared..." she mumbled shyly, staring innocently at Ryth.  She didn’t know why, but she felt she could tell Ryth.

Anonymous

Apparently from out of nowhere, a (comparatively) large silver lizard fluttered up with her ever-present smile.  In truth, if the winged girls before her were mice, then she was a cat in size, but really had an attitude more like a dog.  Accompanying her sudden appearance was a sudden exaltation, "Wow!  There's more of them!"  She hovered there a moment more before pointing her attention to the ground and shouting to a much larger, blue humanoid lizard, "Look, Drakona, there's more of them!  Aren't they cute?"

I gazed down at my master with a look of absolute excitement.  She smiled back and teased me about bugging the locals again.  I giggled until she broke in to ask me to introduce myself at the very least.  A look of realization flashed across my face, and my eyes looked back to the little ones before me, "Oh yeah... heehee.  My name is Wivvryn.  How are you this evening?"  Drakona chuckled below.

Anonymous

A spritely form that had earlier been sitting on Drakona's shoulder zipped up with a disgruntled look on her face to buzz in front of Wivvyrn's face with her hands clenched at her sides.  "And what's that supposed to mean, 'more of them?'  We have names you know: fairies.  And what did I tell you about that 'cute' stuff?  Are you tryin' to start something?"  Nina shook her finger accusingly at the mini-wyvern.  

She spared a glance over her shoulder at the other two fairies, "Sorry for the interruption.  This one's a bit over zealous."  She made shoo-ing motions with her hands at the "big" lizard, turned abruptly, and introduced herself, "I'm Nina.  Pleased to meet ya.  What's your names, before we move along...?"

Anonymous

The flying creature took her by complete surprise and she jumped, zipping back in a random direction.  "What the hell..." she snapped, wary of the abrupt creature.  She kept her distance, hovering effortlessly as her wings composed of a magical glitter glistened, trailing her movements.  Even after the dragonoid introduced itself, she stayed back.  "Don’t do that!"  she whined defensively, not thinking to introduce herself.  She glanced down at the other dragonoid below.  She was more human, but still a dragon type person.  What's this??  A third newcomer.  Distracted by the sudden outburst by the new Sprite, she blinked curiously at the reprimanding performed before her.  Even as the new Sprite made introductions, she floated still, her gaze dumbfounded.  "Uhm..." she spoke softly before stopping completely.  She still had yet to introduce herself.  She could be so rude without even realizing it sometimes.

Anonymous

"S'matter?  'Cat got your tongue?' as the big people say."  She backed up to sit on Wivvyrn's nose.  With a contemplative look she mumbled, "I wonder what would get a fairy's tongue...?"  She shot the others a look, "Maybe a bug?  I've seen beetles that remind me of cats...  What do you think?"  She absently grabbed one of her trailing sea green braids and tapped at her lips with the tip.

Anonymous

"Um...I-I guess so..." she replied timidly, not really sure what to do with herself.  "W-what do you want?" she asked suspiciously, paranoid of new people.  Sometime before, when things like that happened, the person always wanted something.  Her eyes searched the area cautiously as she tempted to make conversation.  She could really use Lynx's comfort right about now, but she would never admit to it.  And then Kawaii...she always managed to work her innocent influence.  Wow, she really did miss them.  Her gaze had begun to veer off as she thought about them, blanking out on the new girl.

Anonymous

Nina jumped up and planted her palm on her forehead, then did a backflip in the air to exaggerate the force of the action.  She planted her hands on her hips and cocked an eyebrow.  "What do I want?  I want your names!  Hello~ are you paying attention at all?"

Anonymous

Her dazed attention snapped back to the new sprite as she yelled.  Atsui scooted back a little at Nina's energetic little actions, wary of her a bit.  I mean, c'mon, she had to want something?  Only names?  Why would she want Atsui's name?  She contemplated, and then felt really stupid when she realized it.  Was this just a simple introduction?  Poor paranoid little Atsui had examined the situation way too much and lost her self in worry.  Wow, she made a complete fool of herself and she was way too self-conscious to let it go.  "Uhm..." Just calm down, just calm down...  "I...uh...my n..." the stuttered over herself.  "...A-atsui..." she finally spoke with a sigh of relief, keeping her eye contact away from this Nina person.  A slight frown covered her features at Nina's second comment.  No, she wasn’t paying attention...that’s why she's angry with herself.  She wouldn’t answer yes, but she would humiliate herself answering no...  What should she do?  "...S-sorry..." she muttered, keeping her eyes away.

Anonymous

I cocked my head to the side, ignoring her apology, "Ahatswi?"  I shook my head since I can't shrug when I'm flying, "That's a strange name.  Are names like that normal around here?  I wouldn't know; we're from out of town, ourselves."  I caught myself, "When I say 'we,' I mean Drakona and I... though I suppose Nina's new to these parts, too."
Drakona  let me know she wanted to go inside.  It's difficult to order anything without me.  Regretfully, I had to part ways, "Oh, well, it was nice talking, I guess... though you really didn't say much, now that I think about it.  Is it because I was talking?  Anyway, I really have to be going; Drakona needs me.  Come on, Nina, it's time to get some food."  It wasn't that I meant to quit the conversation, but my obligation rested elsewhere at the moment.

Anonymous

Nina rolled her eyes at Wivvyrn's rambling.  The quick pause and words afterward alerted her that Drakona probably called for her translator.  With the phrase expecting accompaniment, Nina shook her head, "That's okay, Wivvyrn.  You go on ahead.  I'll stick around a bit and meet you in there.  I haven't finished out here quite yet."  Her eyes bored holes into Atsui.  Something about her was just... interesting.
"So, Atsui?  That is kinda weird, but who am I to judge?"  She shot up close to her and grabbed at one of her wings. "These are neat.  What kind of fairy are you?  I'm a nixie."

Anonymous

Atsui stared at the dragon thing somewhat confused.  She was half paying attention and it was causing her to look even more stupid.  She kind of waved the dragon off, not sure why, but she did.  Seeing the dragon off, her attention followed over to Nina again as she spoke.  Now what was going on?  Leaving?...staying?  Who?  Huh?  She shook her head real quick and closed her eyes to shake it off.  She had to stop that, she was making herself look bad and that made her feel worse.  Her eyes met back up with Nina's after opening and She froze.  Nina was staring at her and that made her nervous.  "Atsui..." she repeated softly, nodding her head in agreement.  She was saying, 'yes my name is Atsui', but it looked more like 'yes my name is weird'.  Atsui suddenly jerked back a little as Nina abruptly became up close and personal.  She stopped and shivered as her wing was grabbed and she extended it submissively to Nina's hand.  "They are...uh..." the particle s of her wing scattered like colorful dust as it went through Nina's hand.  She brushed the rest of it at Nina and the parts that hit flashed into colored dust as well, remolding the wing after she pulled it away.  "...I'm not sure...but they do that at will..." she kind of explained, her eyes locked onto Nina also curious.  "I-I dunno what I am exactly...I'm not sure..." she continued as she floated back a little.

Anonymous

The nixie gaped when the wings disappeared between her fingers and reformed.  "Stranger an' stranger, I say.  How do ya fly if they're not really there?"  Nina's own flashing wings buzzed constantly behind her in a blur of silver light.  She pursed her lips at Atsui's reply.  "You don't know?  Well aren't you the livin' puzzle."  Nina smiled and zipped around the other fairy in an ever quickening orbit.  "I think I like you.  Let's be friends."

Anonymous

Atsui blushed at Nina's 'living puzzle' comment.  "Well...I-I don exactly fr'y...I kinda fr'oat..." she then immediately covered her mouth, accidentally letting her accent slip.  She always did that when she was nervous.  And it definitely didn’t help when Nina zoomed around her in quickening circles.  Her eyes watched the zippy Fairy and she made herself dizzy.  Her pointed ears tipped back a little and she closed her eyes and fluttered backward to increase the distance between her and Nina.  But she forgot that Nina was orbiting her and ended up backing into the Fairy as she jumped backward.  She made a small gasp and opened her eyes, trying to right herself.  She stared wide-eyed at little Nina in somewhat shock and embarrassment.  She was feeling really stupid now.

Anonymous

Nina stopped in mid-orbit to catch the other fairy in her arms.  She laughed loudly.  "In a hurry to get somewhere?  And what was that with you're voice?  It was cute!"  She buzzed behind Atsui and laughed again, her hands clutching her shoulders lightly.