Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Light In The Attic (M)

Started by visualspice, March 09, 2014, 01:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

She lay there with him for a very long time, and would have stayed that way forever if she could. But the coldness of reality sunk in as the tears dried and she lay there, now staring up at the tented roof from where they stayed.

"Do you know where we are?" It was small talk, really. Just something to start things off, to ground her.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Riker fields," he said.  That was what Callas said anyway. "She told me that after the battle she found us both and dragged us from the fray.  They did what they could to heal us, but your foot couldn't be saved.  But they'll do what they can to help us. They'll try and get us the hell out of Connlaoth."

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

It was only then she laughed, though weakly, at what was said. she looked down to where her ankle was wrapped and her foot- gone.
"I suppose I should consider myself lucky. I could have lost a lot more than that."
Her life.. or even his.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"The rest of the camp is a bunch of healers tending to the wounded.  I don't know what happened to the soldiers.  Tuffy.....is getting fatter I think.  He's around here somewhere," he murmured, looking around.

Tuffy mewed lightly at the base of Liana's caught, standing up to be picked up.  Tenran pulled him up and set him on the side of the bed.  "I think he's happy to see you awake."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"Tuffy!?" The sight of the furrball put her to tears. He must really have nine lives, or twenty, for how much the damn feline survived in hardships along with it's owners. She fell over the cat, scooping him up as he mewed at the hug. He just looked at Tenran, as Liana sobbed into his fur.

Lion

That ball of fur purred madly at being embraced at last, knowing that Liana was all right.

Tenran bit back a smile, although it spread like wild fire anyway and it brought tears to his eyes. He wiped them with calloused hands and watched her hug the cat. "He missed you evidently.  As he should," he chuckled as the cat continued to butt his head in against Liana's face, and licked at her cheeks.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I swear this cat is indestructible," she went with a laugh, not able to stop hugging and cuddling her cat.

Lion

Tuffy continued to press his head against her with loud purrs and meows desperate for attention. But he didn't pull away but soon settled against her chest.

"I'm glad he's alive too," Tenran admitted. "I think he thought you were gone for sure."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I guess I'd think the same if I saw Tuffy laying there for days and only breathing." She stroked his head before scratching little tickles under his chin. "Them again, Tuffy is a wise old boy now."

Lion

Tuffy settled onto his side, proceeding to become Flat Cat against her chest, purring loudly.  Tenran stood up, hobbling more on his leg and he turned around behind him to find the tin cup of water and food that had been sitting there for him.

He sat back down beside her and offered her some water.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She noticed the way he moved, recalling his injury and paused to reflect on her own. But her thoughts were interrupted when he offered her some water. She bowed her head.
"Thank you."

Lion

Tenran grunted with some effort, bring forth a cold plate of food. Mashed potatoes and a thin sliver of meat. "Do you need help eating? Do you think you can manage the effort to keep food down?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Do I need help eating?" Liana looked offended, almost enough it seemed she might hit him. "I lost my foot, not a hand; or my stomach."

Lion

"Yes. You will need help with all the wiping and eating and dressing because you're my beautiful cripple," Tenran teased. He handed her the food, grinning with mirth bubbling in his eyes. And pulled Tuffy from her chest to let her eat.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She snatched the food from his hands with a huff.
"Don't call me that." her eyes narrowed. "Besides, you were the cripple, first."

Lion

"And yet you love me still," Tenran murmured, petting a curiously hungry Tufkins. The cat meowed, watching Liana eat and he tried to lean in to get a better look.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

She was eating greedily, grump that Tuffkins wanted in and she tried to brush him away. The cat just shook out his whiskers and tried again, only to have Liana, as usual, give in and feed him a little from her plate. The cat shook his tail like a maraca, and meowed for more.
Liana could have easily eaten more for her fill, but the cat wouldn't stop meowing. Sighing, she stopped eating and just set the bowl down on her lap and let the cat eat the rest.

She wiped her mouth off on th eback of her hand and peered over at Tenran.
"When was the last time you fed Tuffy?" she asked, scratching behind the cat's ears as he purred.

Lion

Tuffkins could charm the feathers off a chicken and make them be glad to be eaten, Tenran grumbled a little as he watched Liana give in and feed the cat anyway.  Tenran sighed and scratched at his beard.

"I'm pretty sure he just ate this morning," Tenran said with a chuckle. "But, ahh, I'll let it slide. He's a good boy and he was very attentive in watching over you, Liana. He stuck by you like a fucking hairball in his throat."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"And I take it my ex-husband did so as well?" she found herself asking, smiling at him despite the obviously title split between them. Ex-husband. But still something so much more.

Lion

Tenran blinked at her, frowning ever so slightly. Why did she have to say that? Of course it was true, but he thought it no longer needed mentioning. He didn't bother lingering on it and instead leaned forward against the bed and brushed a hand against her face.

"Of course. We took turns when we had to eat or pee. And when people tried to pry Tuffy away, he howled and sat right next to you. But I made sure to let them know that we're a family and we stay together."

He hunched over her and pressed lips firmly to her brow, then her cheek, than her lips.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn