Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Light In The Attic (M)

Started by visualspice, March 09, 2014, 01:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Liana tried to scoff- but the late hour and her already breaking emotions finally got the best of her. ANd before she could stop herself, she cupped a hand over her eyes and suddenly began to sob.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Tenran could see the reluctance in her expression, one that quickly turned into turmoil.  He put his cup down and didn't hesitate, reaching forward and wrapping his arms around her and pulling her into his chest.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

She tensed at his reaction at first, but was soon burying her face into his chest. She had no idea what to say or do, she she did the only thing she could do as she sobbed into his shirt.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Tenran held the only woman in his life he had ever cared for.  He leaned down to kiss her forehead and buried his fingers into her hair, brushing her knotted hair from her face.  He said nothing still and just held her.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

After the longest moment of crying pathetically in his arms she finally squeaked out a weakened, "I don't want to leave this place." ANd the breath came out shaky and sounding as if it might break dare she speak any louder.  Too bad she realized she honestly had no choice. She couldn't afford it and she knew her fiance would loath any loans coming in from her ex-husband. But how would Reese feel knowing she had slept with his brother? And why had she done it? She had been so weak, angry and stupid. Why couldn't Grattis had been someone else?

Lion

"Then why are you going?" Tenrnn murmured.  His arms had gone around her and he leaned back enough to peer down at her.  His own eyes were sad and somber.  "Is it the house?  You don't want to be by yourself?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"It's not the house," she said, laughing dryly as she brushed back tears. A frown though soon returned on her trembling lips.
"I couldn't afford to keep it anyway- and I think Reese would want us to move. He... since he was deployed into the army he- well, next time he returns he wants to marry. I think he would prefer I remain safe at his brother's until then- for if I stay here I'd only be able to afford to remain in the slums."

Lion

"I know you know how I feel about that fiance of yours," Tenran said curtly.  "And I know how you feel about soldiers.  So with him gone, you feel pressured to stay more with his family."  He gave her a small smile and pressed a hand to her cheek.  "Well, whatever Ol Soldier Boy might say, I won't let you lose this house.  Not while I live and breathe.  But if you're insistent on going, I'm not going to stop you.  I just want to go with you is all.  I don't like his brother either.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Liana smiled souredly at him as tears blurred her vision.
"At least he and I don't fight all the time. And he finds ways to make me smile," she cut at him before jerking her face away from his hand and busying herself with brushing away her tears.
"Besides, I don't have a choice. And there's no reason to keep the house."

Lion

"Of course you do.  The Liana I knew always had a choice and was quite obstinate about that choice," he smirked.  "I know that part of you hasn't changed.  And it does matter.  This is YOUR house.  It belongs to you and no one can take that away from you.  Nor should they.  I want you to keep it.  You deserve it."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Liana grit her teeth as she glared at him angrily.
"I don't deserve it and I'd rather move on, Tenran. This house was for us. You helped build it, you put all of your money, blood and sweat into this place. Even with the extra room I wanted- not too big, not too small.."
For the child they never had.

"We're not an us anymore, Tenran. And soon, I'll be another man's wife."
But stating that out loud- for the umpteenth time, did not make it any harder of a fact to swallow. She had never been afraid to marry Tenran, in fact, becoming his wife was so natural- so easy....

She turned away, shaking her head.
"Maybe you should take it. It was always more your house than mine, anyways. I always felt like I didn't belong here after you left. As if I was always trespassing on your land, in your home."

Lion

"That's the biggest pile of crap I've ever heard you say.  You're right.  It's not our house anymore, but I guess it just doesn't feel right if I just let you give it up."  He shook his head and looked up at the rafters, the ceiling and walls that he had helped put up. He leaned back over his cup of tea.

"So when are you leaving?" he asked softly, taking another sip.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I was going to contact a man in town about selling the house- then I was going to head off to the orchard as soon as I can,"s he answered quietly.

Lion

"Oh..." Tenran's voice has a little disquieted, but his expression remained calm.  "I guess that's going to be sometime tomorrow then."  He finished his tea and tapped his fingers along the porcelain.  "Are you walking or taking horses?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"There are no horses to take. Most of the horses from town have been taken into the custody of the army. And those that remain are out of my price range. So I'll walk."
Which, she now realized, might take longer than she anticipated.

Lion

"Good.  I like walking.  Horses make my ass sore," Tenran smirked at her and his eyes gleamed withaa still sweetness.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"I still don't think it's a good idea for you to go," Liana insisted, arms folded across her chest. "What am I to explain to Grattis why you came with me?"

Lion

"I'll think of something, don't worry about that.  I'll uh, just say I was looking for some land to invest in or something while I was up there.  Then I heard you were going so I thought I ought to tag along," he said with a shrug.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Liana gave him a look, before laughing just once and throwing up her arms.
"Unbelievable is what that story is, is what you are!" she said, and abandoned her tea to brood over by the fireplace. She stared at the crackling, dancing flames with a deepened frown. After a long moment, she drew in a long breath and sighed.

"I cant have you go with me to see Grattis because... something happened-" and she was pretty damn sure both men would try to kill themselves if they found out about the other-
and she had a hunch Tenran would find out sooner or later about her little mistake.

Lion

Tenran frowned and was about to take another sip of tea before realizing he had drank it all and got up from the table.  As she stood by the fire, he lingered in the doorway and he crossed his arms over his chest.  "Something happened?" he asked, mimicking her words and stepping into the room a little.  "What happened?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn