Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

A Light In The Attic (M)

Started by visualspice, March 09, 2014, 01:39:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Liana huffed when Tenran ignored her.
"At least put Tuffy down so he can drink the milk from his pan. He can't do much of anything all tangled in your arms."
Though she never outwardly said it, she was always jealous the cat liked him over her- though she had always been prickly towards the cat since it scratched her during it's kitten phases- and always attacked her feet and quill pen when she worked.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"All  right,. all right," Tenran groaned as the cat was busy nuzzling his neck from inside the warmth of his jacket.  He set Tufkins down and the cat dove for his milk, drinking happily and purring as he did so.  Tenran came back with some food in his bowl and set it beside the cat.  "I guess you didn't feed him today.  He's gorging it down," he said, smirking.  "So how have you two been getting along?"

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

"For your information he had his food this morning. And he even brought me a mouse as a gift."S he rolled her eyes, arms folded across her chest. "And if you must know, he still sleeps on your side of the bed."
Though she didn't complain much- she just wished the cat didn't always lay there- waiting for Tenran. It made her miss him even more.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Aww.  Poor guy," Tenran murmured, watching the cat for a moment and walking back to Liana.  "Always had that attachment, but he's got you now.  He loves you, you know that.  He's just got a funny way of showing it.  Next time I go into town, I'll get him some serum for the fleas at a local apothecary."  Tenran smiled and turned somber again.  He looked back at Liana a breath moment before glancing back at the cat.  "Are you sure you don't want me to come along?" he murmured softly.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Liana had been holding a breath and once released, her cheeks depuffed as she sighed. The cat irritated her, but also gave her an odd sense of comfort as she bent down on one knee and gentle stroked the cat's soft fur. But then when Tenran spoke, she turned solemn again.

"I don't even want to go along," she grumbled and sighed again before peering over at him. "Do you really want to go that badly?" Too bad she couldn't change her mind- or have some place to hide far away from all of her mistakes. But she supposed she could have it worse, and her eyes strayed to his metal leg brace.

Lion

Tenran did meet her gaze this time and he nodded.  "I do.  I wouldn't lie about anything like that," he murmured.  "I want to protect you, Liana.  Though...I guess it's a little late for that, I know.  I missed my chance.  Maybe somehow I'm just trying to subconsciously make it up for all the crap we went through.  But I know we can't just...forget what happened.

"I just want to be there for you in the time that we have left you know."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

For a long moment Liana just stared at him. His words stirred a rippling inside her heart. And also a tearing. She wanted to bury those feelings for him so badly, but it was too difficult. Not wtih him here. Not when he was around.

"You make it sound as if we're dying," she said through a breathy laugh.

Lion

"I guess sometimes it feels that way.  I look in the mirror and I just look older and older.  Sometimes I feel it too," Tenran gave in an awkward tentative laugh.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Liana shook her head.
"We're not that old Tenran.." but the idea had her smiling about a tender moment they shared and she found herself needing to turn away from him. She loved his smile. He didn't always smile for everyone, and it made her remember far too much how much she still cared for him.

Lion

Tenran's shoulders shrugged a little.  "Well, do you mind very much if I crash here while you still have the house?" he asked.  "I know where the blankets are.  I'll take the guest room across from the study."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Liana tensed. She hadn't told him while he was away...

"The guest room bed is gone." She hesitated before informing him. "I had to give it away." IN fact, all of the furniture in there was gone. She needed the money- and someone wanted the entire room so- she couldn't refuse.

Lion

The look on Tenran's face was stunned to say the least.  "Wait...how can an entire guest room be gone?  Did you rent it out?"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"No.." she hesitated, before clamping her lips into a firm frown. "I sold the pieces."

Lion

"Okay then," Tenran said, turning around.  "Then I can sleep on the floor down here? I don't mind."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Liana frowned.
"I.. I'd prefer if you didn't. What about the couch? I know it's not the best... but it would be more comfortable than the floor."

Lion

"Are you sure you didn't already sell the sofa?" Tenran smirked at her and gave her a nod of thanks.  "The couch will do, thanks Liana.  It is pretty late.  Maybe we all should just get some sleep."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Liana shivered and nestled into her night robe before nodding at his statement.
"Yes, let me fetch you a blanket and the spare pillow from my bed. Though excuse the cat hair- Tuffy sleeps on it when I'm not around."

Lion

"I'll excuse my beautiful boy!" Tenran said, beaming and moved toward the sofa when at lasts she left to retrieve the blanket and pillow.  He took off his jacket and boots, leaving them to dry by the fireplace and his tunic and trousers too which were still quite muddy from the rain and thanked the gods for underclothes as he sat down by the couch, hearing her return.  The cat jump up on the couch, purring by Tenran's ribs.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

When she returned she let out a sigh.
"Tenran!" She gave a stern look to him and the cat before tossing the blanket over top of them both- and then the pillow, she dropped onto his head.

Lion

"What!?"  Oof!  He pulled the pillow from his head and chuckled, shooing the cat off the sofa.  "Sorry.  He can sleep in your bed.  Go on Tuffy!  Get her!"  And the cat shot up the stairs like a bullet.  Tenran stood up and fixed the sofa for a proper bed, draping the cover into the folds of the cushions, then folding it over to serve as the blanket.  "You shouldn't go to bed all pent up, you'll never get to sleep.  He just wants a little affection that's all."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn