Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Just another hunt. [Nomad!]

Started by Rhindeer, March 09, 2014, 08:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rhindeer

His tongue hit her face, and Yasmin grimaced in disgust and jerked her head away. "You are one sick puppy," she remarked, and then she nodded to his hands. "Let go. Let go so I can retrieve my sword."
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Nomad

Svein couldn't help but smirk faintly at her reaction to his tongue when it made contact with her face and her words drew another soft chuckle from him. " You have no idea. " Svein murmurs lightly in response to her statement as he reluctantly releases his hold upon her so she could retrieve her sword.

Rhindeer

As soon as she was released, Yasmin pulled her sword free--slowly, carefully, trying not to cause further injury to him. She only killed when she had to, and she got no joy out of injuring her peers. It was a necessary evil, because it was either her or them, and she had no other choice but to fight or die.

Blade free, blood running down the steel, she motioned at his wound. "Go get that treated," she said over the roar of the crowd before, turning to smile up at the thousands in the stands, she saluted them with her sword and turned to head for one of the portcullises, her body aching, her arms burning with pain as blood ran freely from the wounds in rivulets.

But she kept her face as stoic as she could even though, inside, she wanted to scream. But that was her life here. Screaming on the inside so she could smile on the outside.
Adamaris // Aderyn // Aki // Alexander // Angel // Axieva // Beatrid // Briar // Cadmus // Corryn // Einin/Owl // Emery // Fang // Faolán // Faris // Frost // Hayate // Ife // Jayari // Jirou // Juniper // Katxiel // Khaiya // Kota // Kyran // Liam // Makani // Max // Maya // Mei // Nakato // Naovi // Nasrin // Niaaki // Niamh // Noor // Pepper // Qiana // Qismat // Quinn // Raxta // Riyarin // Rook // Sachi // Sahar // Siobhan // Simonea // Sita // Song // Summer // Valor // Yasmin // Yiroa

Nomad

Though he knew it was coming and something that had to be done, as she removes her sword from his side Svein growls and snaps at her in anger however he restrains himself from lashing out at her since the match was over.

With the blade free from his side Svein brings a hand down and places it over the wound on his side applying pressure to the injury. Her words draw a grumble from Svein as he watches her turn to the crowd and salute them.

Rather then turn and face the crowed right away as she had done, Svein spits onto the ground before he turns to face the crowed though he does not salute as she did, instead he holds his head high. Though not a victor in this fight he still came out with his life and could go on another day.

Rhindeer

Ironically, Yasmin realized she might see the wolf again soon, because she found herself limping to the infirmary to get patched up. Ugh.

Soon enough she was there, and the healers rushed to tend to her as she showed them her wounds--deep punctures in her ankle, a cut on her arm, and horrible slashes on her forearms. The women made her sit as they fetched bandages and warm water and poultices, and she grit her teeth and closed her eyes as they went to doing the part she hated most--cleaning the injuries.

"We didn't know there were hunts today," one of the women remarked as she treated the gashes on her arms, and Yasmin couldn't help but bark a laugh.

"There weren't," she said with a grin. "My opponent was a werewolf. I think. Anyway, you'll be getting him, soon, probably, so have fun with that."

Nomad

Turning away Svein went the opposite way the woman had went, making sure to pick up his weapons before he made his way out of the arena. Clutching his side Svein made his way to the infirmary to get his injures treated.

Stepping into the infirmary Svein growls softly as he is met by healers as they move to aid and treat his injuries. Rather then fighting back against the healers, Svein went along with there orders knowing they would treat his injuries so they would not fester and cause any trouble.

Taking a seat as instructed Svein shifts his gaze as he glances around while a healer begins to clean the stab wound on his side, an action that draws more growls from him, though he knew the real pain was to come. " Damn woman.. " Svein grumbles in anger while the healer cleans the wound.

Rhindeer

"Oh, don't be a baby," Yasmin said from the other side of the room. As predicted, the wolf had not been long behind her.

"You did that to yourself when you could have dodged. That was a really stupid move, too, you--nngh!" The woman tending to her had begun stitching up one the deeper cuts in her arm and Yasmin had to clench her jaw and her fist so she didn't yelp or flail. Hakeshna, this part was always worse than the fight itself; everything hurt worse once the frenetic energy of battle faded, and worse, she had to just sit here and take it.

"It was a stupid move," she continued. "Just a few inches more and I could've gotten your kidney. I don't know what you were thinking."

Nomad

Hearing the woman's voice Svein shoots a glare in her direction along with a soft growl aimed at her. His growl grew louder as the healer tending to the wound on his side begins to stitch it up. Keeping his gaze set on the woman he had fought Svein clinches a fist tightely as he keeps his focus on the woman, listening to her as she continues to speak.

Listening to the woman Svein manages a chuckle as he gives a faint nod. Indeed if he had not moved or moved the wrong way the blow she dealt him may have been a lethal one. " Indeed it may have been a stupid one though it did ensure that the match ended in a draw and could have ended with a victory on my part. " Svein begins as he watches the woman " I knew exactly what I was doing and where to move.. It was part of my plan to allow you to stab me. Victory cannot be achieved without sacrifice be it a weapon or getting injured. "

Rhindeer

Yasmin laughed. "So sure of your victory! Why do you assume you would have won? Thinking that way is the perfect way to get yourself killed. You have to be prepared to die if you want to live. It's when you think you've got a shot of coming out alive that you get careless. Ow!"

The healer had poked her a little rougher than needed. "Keep your bickerin' to the arena," the woman said sternly, and Yasmin smiled sheepishly.

"Apologies, miss. Anyway, wolf, as I was--" She paused abruptly. Something he had said clicked. "Hold on. Back up a little. I think I may have misunderstood but...are you trying to say you did that on purpose, with the intent of getting a draw?"

Nomad

Having fallen silent after he spoke his piece Svein listens to the woman as she begins to speak once again and as he listens he idly mulls over what she has to say. As he listens to her Svein keeps his gaze set on Yasmin though it slowly shifts as he inspects her physical form and features.

As the healer speaks up Svein glances to her for a brief moment before he brings his gaze back to Yasmin, for the moment he remains silent and simply watches her while listening. While listening to her Svein tilts his head to the side faintly as she brings up what he had said about getting a draw.

At first Svein gives a simple shrug to answer her question, taking a brief moment to mull over what she had asked. Had he sought a draw in their match or was it just coincidence that had it end that way? " Why would I want such a thing... What does bringing our match to a draw give me? " Svein asks while looking at Yasmin.

Rhindeer

Yasmin lifted her shoulders in a shrug, careful not to move her injured arms. "Your life?" she hazarded. "My life? Both of us walk into the ring, and both of us walk out of it. That's sure the best outcome I can think of! Dunno about you, but the other outcome of 'watering the sands with blood' just seems a waste."

She grinned and tossed her head, as though to flip her hair, if she'd had enough hair to flip. "Personally, I think I'm too young and pretty yet to go rot in a grave."

Nomad

With his gaze fixed on Yasmin Svein watches the shrug before she begins to respond to his question. Listening to her he could see how she had a point, they both came out of the ring alive as apposed to only one of them coming out with there life and the other not or both not coming out alive. As he listens to her Svein snorts in response to what she had to say before spitting on the ground next to him.

As Yasmin comments about her appearance and age Svein lets out a chuckle of amusement at the thought. " I do believe I can agree with one of those. " Svein says in response to her comment, his gaze shifting over her form for a brief moment before he brings his gaze back to her face.

Rhindeer

"You agree I'm too young and pretty to rot? You don't say!" Yasmin said with a grin, relieved to see that she'd managed to diffuse the situation--or, at least, that's what it looked like. Mister Wolf didn't seem quite so cranky anymore, and as for her? Well, injured or not, she felt in good spirits. Her master would be disappointed, but a draw was the best she could ask for.

Both of them were alive. There would be no new tattoos carved into her fingers today.

"Anyway, no hard feelings for today, right?" she asked, head tilted.

Nomad

Svein lets out another snort in response to her comment, it seemed she had taken it a bit differently then how he had intended it. Though perhaps that was to be expected from the woman. Still, Svein was pleased that he came out of the fight with his life and as few injuries as he had sustained. He had given more then he got and put up what he thought was a good fight.

The question about having hard feelings causes Svein to tilt his head to the side as he thought on it for a moment before giving a light shrug. " I suppose not... We are both warriors forced to fight for the amusement of others. And I meant you are to pretty to die, I did not mean you are to young. " Svein comments with a tooth filled grin as he looks at Yasmin.

Rhindeer

With a chuckle, Yasmin shook her head. "Hey, I still think I'm too young to die, too! I'd like to live a bit older than twenty-three. Maybe at least get my first gray hair. Though I'd prefer white or silver to gray. Gray is ugly. Silver is at least pretty and shiny."

It was a little strange, getting complimented so by a wolf man. A literal creature that had a wolf head. But she brushed it off, and sucked in a relieved breath when the woman finished up her stitches. "Finally. Ow. I think that hurt more than getting hurt."

Nomad

Letting his gaze drop from Yasmin, Svein listens to her as she goes on about hair color. Though he listened to her he didn't give what she had to say much though or care, his gaze slowly shifting and wandering around the room. It was another fight down and another day he got to live, at least until his next fight came around.

He shifts his gaze around for a moment before turning his attention to the people treating his injuries. For a moment he watches them before he lifts his gaze and looks back to Yasmin as she begins to speak, though this time she was not speaking to him. " You whine like a child. " He teases while watching Yasmin, a smirk taking form on his muzzle as he watches her.

Rhindeer

"Oh, I whine like a child, hmm?" Yasmin said with a grin. "Says the one who was growling and snarling like a big puppy the entire time the healers treated your little scratch."

Okay. So it was far from a scratch. She could have killed him, if it was any further over. But if he was going to make fun of her, he was getting it right back!

Nomad

Not taking to kindly to her comment, he growls softly at Yasmin. " You are far more a child then I. " He retorts, beginning to slip into childish manner of making fun of the woman. With his side patched up he slowly climbs from the seat and begins to move towards Yasmin " And I am not a puppy. "

Rhindeer

Yasmin burst into laughter. "Did you honestly just pull a 'no, you!' on me?" she asked between giggles, because that was even more ridiculous coming from a wolf-man that could bite off her face in one chomp.

She was still laughing as he rose to his feet and began to approach her. Unafraid and still grinning ear to ear, she leaned back on her hands and casually watched him. "You're not doing a very good job of convincing me otherwise, friend."

Nomad

Listening to her giggling at what he had said, Svein began to grow angry, she was giggling at him after all. His gaze shifts over her body as she leans back onto her hands. " Is that so. " He says with a soft growl as he moves closer, only coming to as top when he stood right in front of her. " I assure you I am no pup. " He begins as he lifts a hand from his side and reaches out to her. Reaching his hand out he attempts to place it on her side " Perhaps I could show you just how much of a man I am? " He asks a grin taking form upon his muzzle.