Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Pride and Pestilence

Started by visualspice, March 12, 2014, 01:16:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Eyes shining with mirth, she continued flawlessly and answered, "Oh, but I have. Accepting was only part of the charm." The charm of a man who needed to know his place. She gave him a curious once over, but feigned indifference. "The ball room is too slow a place for a real dance. But it seems you're smart enough not to decline a lady." She sighed. "Hellvion women shouldn't be an enigma for someone with true Northern blood." She smiled at this and awaited his reply.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

GoblinFae

"Surely you jest my lady. No Hellvion woman would allow herself to be considered so simple or predictable as to be easily understood, especially not by a man. That would make the game too simple and dare I say boring. We wouldn't want that, now would we my lady?" Ithel smirked knowingly as he twirled Davina around closely as he whispered the last sentence into her ear.
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

"No Pride For Some of Us Without Liberation For All of Us"
~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships
Tirial Province (Serendipity)

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Guilds - Under Construction and Revamping
Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

Despite herself,  the whispers made her shiver.  Oh, she was already loving to hate this man. Yes... she decided she definitely needed to learn more.

Her smile remained smug as they continued on with their dance and she sighed as she dropped her gaze, speaking, "But of course. It's a woman's duty to keep a man intrigued. Lest their relations grow stagnant as unmoving waters. That would never do. I dare say I'd rather die than find myself bond to such a fate."
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

GoblinFae

Ithel's face gave away none of his feelings on the matter. He wanted nothing more than to tell her to die on the spot, for he was far from intrigued or interested. But, the man was not there to find himself a partner. No, he was there to cause a stir and remind Hellvion she had not been forgotten. His family's claim still bore weight and he would prove that in good time.

"Surely there is no worse fate than that. Far be it from you my lady to be left to waste away in such a deplorable manner. Although we can expect nothing less from a thorned flower such as yourself. How your petals dance and beckon while your pollen intoxicates every bee in your vicinity. The men of Hellvion must keep you quite entertained my lady."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Blood of Ash || Cleara Verdad || The Creoptera || The Reaper's Chalice || The Runner's Society || Vigilant Shadows

Characters
Agapito Perlaceo Calogero-Marcello da Lume || Ainsley Muir || Alanna Mercer "The Lioness" || Amleah Dvorak || Ariel "Owlet" Sowa || Artorius Winterbottom || Aurora "Makani'kai" Wiater || Autumn Laurel || The Bad Barkers || Benjamin Hase || Cally Foster || Cornelia Grey || Dagrun Baarda || Derrick Elthif || Donovan Cabello || Eireann Lehr || Elmira Sassafrass || Emma Fiore || Emyr Kasabian || Ferra Bestley || Fintan Kfir || Gilroy Bleddyn || Hanalei Keets || Hilarius Winterbottom || Imogene Khale || Incana Winged Blaze || Inteus Wapapow || Iorwerth/Ylli || Ithel Conlaoch || Justina Allons || Jypsei Danzer || Kailee Glint || Kaliko || Keegan Phillips || Kendall Wendle || Kenneth Kent || Kesrel Torv || Kharn Segal || Kirsikka Solvi || Ladybird "Petal" Hornwort || Lassassasya Ashaugh Seocss || Logan "Kotori" || Lorcan Dempsey || Malakai || Margot Lemaire || Maverick Alinari || Morgan Loone || Naomi Kita || Navarre Esken || Ocarern Farwind || Oddmund Greatdrool || Oliver Cabello || Pannoowau || Peregrine Liebling || Primrose Dragoslav || Pyske Daas || Qaletaqa || Quilla Anobe || Rene Zephra || Riley "Minnow" Bellerose || Ro'or Dvorak || Rosie || Rowan Alvar || Rylan Silvanus || Segari "Errum" Ggorf || Shamira Kashi || Solanacae || Sor Avi || Squeaker || Starbright Skye ||  Tiraris Silverd'art || Tighearnán High Eoforwine || Theodore Archer || Tyler Brice || Una Ornell || Vanora Partholon || Waman Pertinacity Sewati || Weilen Brunbek || Wilbur "Wilby" Smalls || Yalwa al-Kahinah || Yasmine Fairchild || Yura Elek || Zhirai Ver || Zurna Nali
[close]

visualspice

Her eyes flashed very briefly like the thorns of his words. But her smile remained, and the dance continued.

"Those could almost be construed as barbed words, my lord," She went on with a sultry little pout. She was hardly angry,  more amused and tickled by such a compliment. But my, was he a keen observer. She supposed She shouldn't be surprised her reputation was so well known.

"I suppose I'll take the flowering part as a compliment?" She inclined her head, amused. "I suppose you clearly know so much about me that you might have to educate me on the matters at hand. To compare a woman to a rose and" she thought over her next words carefully as she regarded him. "Men as simple insects... interesting how the rose and bee can both sting. "

She gave him the prettiest of smiles, fake as it was, but the glitter of amusement was truthfully there.  She rather liked tart little conversations.

"You see me in a garden,"she wagered.  Very clever indeed.  She smirked, her eyes dancing at this thought. Hellvion men indeed.  Her eyes graced the room. Many of the bees were loooking. But for now? Yes, this 'Hellvion' man would do.

She studied him, still all smiles.
"You willingly dance with a rose,  are you not afraid of her thorns?"

GoblinFae

"If they have been then please forgive, that was far from my intention to cause grievous insult," he replied effortlessly though completely unfazed. It was a dance after all of more than just body but words as well. Each partner striking and parrying with the intent to sting or to soothe much like flowers and honeybees.

"But you must admit Lady Davina, you are a dangerous flower. Alluring, captivating, and well-versed in the art of ensnaring I'd dare say. I can only imagine the number of foolish bees that were captivated by your aroma with the promise of honey and fell instead into the sticky trap of your sap and thorns."

Ithel spun her away from himself before bringing her close again. "Fear? No. Am wary of? Most assuredly. I have danced with far pricklier and less comely flowers than yourself, Lady Davina. A rose such as yourself simply requires a modicum of respect and care for such a classic and distinguished name. After all, the old names still hold a great deal of weight no matter how far roots travel, is that not so?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Davina's eyes danced at the grace of his moves, the spell of his steps, and the cunning of his words.  It wasn't often she had a chance to be offered a battle of the tongues (unless, naturally, they were the private kind). It was.. dare she admit, refreshing?

"Do you consider yourself a gardner?"

GoblinFae

"Oh if only I was but a humble gardener. Life would be so much simpler. The smell of fresh tilled earth, face red from the afterglow, and beautiful flowers all laid to rest in their beds. Sadly I must declare I am but a simple dreamer. A man of vision, or should I say, a man in search of one."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

"Oh, how you wound me, and just about every lady here. Dreams.. visions... are those truly not the aspect of a respectable garden?" She countered,  twirling away with him in tune.

GoblinFae

"Gardens are fleeting. A proper dream though, turned reality. Those are the things that are talked of for the ages. In thousands of years no one will remember or know of a rose or a bee that once did an ageless dance together and marveled at each other's stings. But people may yet remember the thing that they talked about if those things instead of becoming a flower bed became something more. An idea. Ideas are what form the future. And I intend to one day if I am so fortunate, to bring a great vision to Hellvion, one that will serve all her people. Now isn't that a far more pleasant thought?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

As he spoke, her brows climbed. Oh? He was a hungered visionary. Such passion to boast over hopes and dreams to mask a pride. It was.. interesting, but so very naive.  She had to wonder the age of him. Perhaps a lot younger than she. Or maybe his words made her feel that much older. Tut. It was all children's speak, which is what then began to bore her.

"It sounds to me that you just seek a larger garden."
All of Hellvion, what was next? All on Connlaoth too?

GoblinFae

"And it seems to me you do not approve," he mused lightly. Of course a comfortable noblewoman who puppeteered from the shadows would feel threatened by the notion of change, let alone unbacked, fanciful change. If she only knew...

"What I seek is a garden where all may benefit, is that so wrong to want to nurture Hellvion so that more than her fattened calves are sated? Do sheep and oxen who are the lifeblood of the nation not also deserve greener, more bountiful gardens?"
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

Now this.. this was not the ambitions she was expecting. But surely,  he wasn't serious. Who were they to care for the peasants and their stock?

"That.. is an interesting logic," She mused. She eyed him. What did this nobility care for those of the field? They were not on the same tier in life, as far as she was concerned. In fact,  she had little interest on the matter. Why bother herself over the lives of others? Especially,  ones so small.

GoblinFae

"The Lady is most generous in her polite praise," he chuckled knowing she was anything but. Ithel dipped her then as the music finally waned and their dance came to an end. "Thank you for the company of your dance, Lady Davina. I'm sure you have plenty of other suitors excited for the opportunity to sweep you off your feet. I would hate to keep you from like company."
,___,
[O.o]
/)__)
-"--"-

~ Micah Bazant ~

Spoiler
Leaderships

Talu Territory (Adela)

Ninja Flamingos

Characters
[close]

visualspice

As she was dipped, she studied his face through a mask of her own. Then inclined her head politely at his words. 

"I suppose that's why some are here," She mused. "To dance and mingle and have a good time entertaining the fairer sex in a dance. I can say I've honestly been entertained. "

It wasn't a lie, she had dug into this man with interest and got some information from him she could stow away for later. Whether what he presented would be fruitful or not, only time would tell. All and all, she considered Ithel an interest- she just wasn't sure yet what kind. Fir now, she'd simply plan to prod at his surface with as much charm and pride as she could. 

There were, after all, other ways to entertain and mingle. 

Tags: