Advertise/Affiliate Other Forum Main Page The World Before You Play

Call of the Vahltrysse [M]

Started by visualspice, March 14, 2014, 04:02:18 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

visualspice

Startled and a bit unsettled that they were caught, she pressed into Thoronir to keep herself modest while she kept her gaze from her lover's father.
CHECK OUT MY LATEST SITE EVENT!
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

My currently active characters:
Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

"Get away from her!" Thranneik said, pulling Thoronir off.  He whimpered at being bereft of her sex but pulled away from his father, his arms swooping around Brynhalla.

"What?  What's the big deal?  We have not mated with others.  We care for one another!"
  Thoronir was defensive and he felt his face grow hot.

"You taint her before she could even be tested to become a priestess.  Thoronir, do you not know our ways?" his father breathed in a mix of horror and disbelief. 

"But....father...  Maybe she doesn't have to-"

"That is not for you to decide, Thoronir.  And you Brynhalla,  what do you have to say for yourself?"

"Father, please don't tell her mother... "

"I asked her a question first.  Brynhalla, you know this is forbidden.  What do you have to say?" Thranniek said, his tone remarkably level.

Like to kill mages?  Join the Order!
The Order of St. Agratha

Help Rebuild Connlaoth from the ashes of war!
The Red Legion

Jump in the water's fine!
Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"Life is a series of dogs." -George Carlin
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Brynhalla's mind was in a whirl. What could she say? They had done this, knowing full well she wasn't allowed to- that it was also against customs and their religion. But they still mated, and several times....
Should she even say that? She grit her teeth, and felt even her ears flare hot in her anger.

"I... I know it is forbidden," she went on, still keeping her gaze glued to the ground. "But this.... this was my choice. I asked Thoronir if we could, I chose this, and I regret nothing!" And at that, she lifted her gaze, tryng to look strong and brave but there were hot tears swelling in her eyes.
The Never King- a king erased from history because of his dabblings in dark magic (among other things...) suddenly because a present day problem when an unlikely group of adventurers 'awakens' him from the grave. You can read more about the event on the plotting page here and information page here!

I ran the Connlaothian civil war. For more info, check out it's page here. The war has now turned into a 'Cold War' with it's plotting page found here. It's no longer a huge site wide event but the scars are there.

Grand Duke Calent Allarrick // Aella Coleridge // Blaith Harmond // Kella Harmond  // Hope Allarrick // Krah Mordeth // Mehtwald Allaen // Zannrick Austengarde // Katahnia Harmond // Jinai Rinstgate  // Leif Arrant // Dekka Blade  // Kentamin Dhelsbar  // Dahnny Quills  // Victoria Armani  // Ohna Waitsmith  // Jarrett L'isson  // Trest Arristaire  // Clayton "Jack-in-the-Box" Wilson // Cullen  //  Vels // Shay // Killian  // Fluke  // Mellesta // Danning // Petrin // Gavriella // Dornsley // Miersck // Aelith // Iyla // Angel // Ellarrah // Persea Ah'nikh // Phone // Jace // Ne'friss // Opus Dey // Lord Amalin // Ehvren // Narophne // Edward // Dehzrehn // Chase Vander // Valeska // Jayo //Layana // Rezvek // Red Sun // Harmanaija // Mirajah // Liana // Oska //Hay-gee // Beatrice // Ninn // Dao'bachpa //Pao'orha // Mae'leena // Davishire // Davina// Gemla // Hyathia //Thethysis // Urd // Missendria // Ina-herit // Feni'tat // Phen // Evelyn // Kell // Striker // Ithica // Connor // Vlint // The Gambler // Lord Aegis // Thomas // Quince // Althea // Vaeyna // Ihlsepar Asawa'eht // Krazxick // Djchastese // Katoma // Na'o // Moonlight // Bluesong //Caollette // Artemis // Arrick // Evetta //Jackal // Winston //Lenny // Anphis // Hebara //Ibra // Dre'hn // Veride // Arthund // Kao

Lion

Thranneik fiercely shook his head.  "Brynhalla, you are too young to know what you want.  You could just as easily change your mind tomorrow...  And for Thoronir to go along with it anyway," Thranneik shook his head.  He sighed.  "I will not tell your mother.  But this will not continue."

Thoronir clenched his jaw.  "Father you cannot forbid us from being together."

"You should know better, Thoronir!" he hissed.  "I cannot forbid her.  But I can forbid you!  You are my son and you will do as you're told.  You will not see Brynhalla like this ever again.  As for you Brynhalla, I believe you have your mother's tent to return to."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

"Go into battle determined to die and you will survive.  Go into battle hoping to live and surely you shall not." -Bushido proverb
"We must view with profound respect the infinite capacity of the human mind to resist the introduction of useful knowledge." -Thomas R. Lounsbury
"If a cosmic tree falls in the universal forest and nobody is evolved enough to hear it, does it make a sound?" -Unknown

visualspice

Brynhalla paled and turned to Thoronir.
Could Thranneik really do that? Could he really keep Thoronir away from her?

Lion

"I won't let you.  I'm a man now, Father.  I choose who my mate is," Thoronir said challengingly.

Thranneik felt more anger than he'd ever felt in his life.  "Thoronir.  You will DO as YOU'RE told!  You will NOT humiliate our family!  Or hers!"

"I care for her!"

"You're too young to know what that even means!"

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Thranniek wasn't the only one who was angry, as Brynhalla took a step forward to retort, "We do care for one another. And have for some time! Our fate is our own! And this is the path we chose!"

Lion

At that Thranneik rose as if to strike Brynhalla, but when his hand flew, Thoronir moved between them and Thranneik's hand smacked hard across his son's face.  Thoronir felt as if his whole cheek burned and he sat there stunned.

"Thoronir," Thranneik said, gasping.  "I am sorry...."

Thoronir said nothing though tears welled up in his eyes.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Brynhalla was frozen. Had she just really seen that? And as the actions sunk in, guilt began to clutch at her gut. Bowing her head so that her pink hair fell over her eyes, she was quick to reply, "That... That was not meant in offense! I only speak the truth when it was asked!" And she kept her head bowed and awaited his reply with a held breath and her heart thumping in her ears.

Lion

Thoronir was still stunned, unable to say or do anything until Brynhalla broke the silence.  He winced, as if slapped again.  Thoronir got up from the cot, dressed and pushed passed Thranneik, running out into the night.

"Thoronir!"  But he was gone before he could hear him.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

And Brynhalla froze for just the briefest of moments before she too, was rushing off after him. Though she was a lot lighter and normally faster than him, he had grown stronger and was quickly making grounds away from her.

And this time it was her voice that carried after him, "Thoronir!"
Where was he trying to go? They were already caught.. wouldn't running make this worse? Then again.. she found it hard to imagine this could even get worse!

Lion

Thoronir did stop, finding his face streamed with tears.  The cool night air caressed his warm flesh and he panted hard when he reached the river, stopping just short of crossing it.  He was bent over his legs and he turned to Brynhalla when she reached him.

"We should runaway, Bryn.  Together," he said, panting. 

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

"Run away?" And though she had tried this numerous times before, hearing it from him made her freeze as her heart skipped a beat. Run away? Together? She wished she could say yes, but her tongue remained numb and useless as she looked at him.

Lion

"They will never let us be together," he said, eyes red with tears and face twisted in frustration.  "Brynhalla...isn't this what you were going to to do in the first place?  I'm with you.  Wherever you want to go, we will!  I'd follow you to the edge of the earth."

Thoronir didn't realize his hysteria just yet, only that he felt a burning desperation, a feeling of being closed in that made him want to bolt like a wild animal.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

For once the girl was speechless. Yes, in her fantasies, in her dreams she wished to run off. But could she really do it? Could she really take that plunge with him? But she only needed a second to realize the answer, as she moved forward, taking his hand to turn and run off with him-
Only to halt in mid-run as Thoronir's father was now before them, arms crossed and angry.

Lion

Thoronir paused when he saw Thranneik.  "Get out of my way, Father."

"Please, Thoronir," he said, relaxing and putting his hands up.  "Don't do this.  I am sorry."  He dropped his head.  "Please think about what you're doing.  You would leave everything you know on an impetuous decision.  It is not my place to dictate your heart.  Your mother would not have wanted that.  Nor would she have wanted you to run away from your problems.  She did not give birth to a coward.  Nor did I raise one."

Thoronir nearly stepped forth, as if to side-step him, but paused and didn't know what to say to his father.  He was right, in many ways, but he was wounded and he remembered the sting of the slap.  Of the sharpness of his words. 

"I cannot stop you from how you both feel.  But nothing can stop tomorrow from coming.  Please, both of you...stay.  If not for your families, for each other."  And at that Thranneik looked directly at Brynhalla.

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Brynhalla paled as her gut sank as if it were full of rocks. ANd for a moment, beneath his gaze, she almost forgot how to even breath. But when her mind returned, in a whirl wind of confusion and uncertainty, she realized then what tomorrow would really begin as she lowered her head in shame.

"Tomorrow... I will be exiled from this tribe tomorrow."
For she was no fool- she knew what the tribal laws were for mating and losing one's innocence before the sacred ceremony.

Lion

"Nobody will know, Brynhalla," Thranniek said, and stepped toward Brynhalla, but paused when Thoronir stood between them.  However, even he knew the consequences of their actions.  Brynhalla was no longer a virgin...and even after all this, he would lose her anyway.

"I will not tell a soul," Thranniek continued, his hands up peacefully. "Tomorrow will come as if normal...  My son....Thoronir, you can't want Brynhalla to be exiled.  Let this all be over with before dawn.  Must I crawl on my knees and beg?"

Thoronir exchanged looks with his father and then his lover and he reached for her hand.  "I don't want to lose you."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn

visualspice

Brynhalla felt the weight of the world on her shoulders, her heart drumming in her ears. But she couldn't speak, not at first, for her throat was too dry, constricted. But once she found the strength, she took his hand and gently squeezed it before looking up into his eyes.

"You won't lose me," she told him, a promise in her gaze.

Lion

"But...what of tomorrow?"

Thoronir's expression remained troubled as he gazed down at her.  He reached down and kissed her cheek softly, then her lips.  "Don't leave."

The Order of St. Agratha

The Red Legion

Desert Valley Nights
Wrong Turn